Home PEx Business and Careers Pinoy Nursing

FEU-NRMF or UERMMMC?

2456740

Comments

  • ironhide08 wrote: »
    ok, i'd go for FEU! hehe. the number says it all, 70% of 2000 is far way more than 200+ passers, kahit ba 50%. it's capacity to help students pass is overwhelming, kaya FEU! FEU! FEU! FEU!

    that's the trick of statistics, some schools produce 100% dahil konti lang ng exam, but schools which manage to produce more passers despite achieving lower passing rate is more reliable in my opinion.

    Hmmm. A different take on statistics. You are going with quantity (as in pakyawan) instead of quality. Is this what you learned in FEU?

    Heaven help us.

    You just made the choice a lot easier.
  • i'm not from FEU, i studied in UST. and if it's my opinion than FEU is better that's none of your business, the same way i respected your opinon that UERM is better, learn how to respect other people's opinion as well.
  • ironhide08 wrote: »
    i'm not from FEU, i studied in UST. and if it's my opinion than FEU is better that's none of your business, the same way i respected your opinon that UERM is better, learn how to respect other people's opinion as well.

    apologies for the harshness. just could not swallow the logic over your statistical point.
  • hehe, di ko naman sinabing tanggapin mo opinion ko. well what do you want to do with the other people who were not enrolled in UERM?
    throw them to the dumps. who are you to judge who is not capable.
    until then don't try convincing other poeple to your way of thinking. if i'm impressed with FEU's performance, that's my right.

    im from UST, but other than being trained to be the best in our professional fields, we're also thought to respect people who are different from us. Thomasians are capable of being successful but we don't hold other people from succeeding just because they graduated from other schools. That's why were the best. *okay*
  • ironhide08 wrote: »
    hehe, di ko naman sinabing tanggapin mo opinion ko. well what do you want to do with the other people who were not enrolled in UERM?
    throw them to the dumps. who are you to judge who is not capable.
    until then don't try convincing other poeple to your way of thinking. if i'm impressed with FEU's performance, that's my right.

    im from UST, but other than being trained to be the best in our professional fields, we're also thought to respect people who are different from us. Thomasians are capable of being successful but we don't hold other people from succeeding just because they graduated from other schools. That's why were the best. *okay*

    We have some sort of an obligation to offer advise that we know to the thread starter. Of course, madaming out of line dito. Let us try to provide proper (if not accurate) input. You have to defend your statistical point which is at least to me, DEAD WRONG. Your point kasi kahit 1000 ang nag take at 201 ang pumasa, it is better than sa isang school na 200 ang nag take at 199 ang pumasa dahil 201 is more than 199. I apologize for the sometimes rudeness ng comment ko but i will not apologize for disagreeing with the outrageous numbers mo which really sounds "uneducated". But I know youre not, kasi UST ka di ba? And I agree, UST is the best in Nursing, hands down. I am not questioning UST, I am questioning your statistics. And I will repeat, hindi po ako grad ng UERM just to clear things. This is not about schools, this is about your statistical logic. Ang thread starter ang mag benefit dito sa argument natin at hindi ang schools kasi the thread starter will make an informed decision of where the nephew (or niece) will matriculate. I have no problems apologizing kung I feel mali ako. Please, offer us your defense on your statistics, Im waiting. Baka naman maganda ang point mo and we will all learn from it, di ba?
  • ironhide08 wrote: »
    what do you want to do with the other people who were not enrolled in UERM?
    throw them to the dumps.

    Did I say that? You did, not me.

    You need to apologize to all nurses not enrolled in UERM.
  • hehe, didn't say out of 1000 takers from a school, 200 lang pumasa magaling na. now you're twisting the facts. to have a reliable conclusion you must also have your reasoning straight.

    ang sabi ko out of 2000 if 70% or even 50% pumasa, i still find it better, compute mo nga 70% ng 2000 or even 50%, the least is a thousand, kahit pa 800 passers or 600 which is below 50%, still counts. that's still double of what UE produced.

    and what's uneducated about that, i didin't say 70% is higher than 99%. let's twist it my way, what about 10 takers who got 100%, is it better compared to 1000 takers with 500 passers?



    you're just playing with numbers. how about the other factors that FEU has produced more than 600 students compared to UE that doesn't count?
  • winslix wrote: »
    Did I say that? You did, not me.

    You need to apologize to all nurses not enrolled in UERM.

    ano bato, can't you tell a question from a statement?
    :rotflmao:
  • now your taking words out of context. just to make it appear i'm insulting students from other schools. i don't know if you're worth talking to anymore.
  • ironhide08 wrote: »
    hehe, didn't say out of 1000 takers from a school, 200 lang pumasa magaling na. now you're twisting the facts. to have a reliable conclusion you must also have your reasoning straight.

    ang sabi ko out of 2000 if 70% or even 50% pumasa, i still find it better, compute mo nga 70% ng 2000 or even 50%, the least is a thousand, kahit pa 800 passers or 600 which is below 50%, still counts. that's still double of what UE produced.

    and what's uneducated about that, i didin't say 70% is higher than 99%. let's twist it my way, what about 10 takers who got 100%, is it better compared to 1000 takers with 500 passers?



    you're just playing with numbers. how about the other factors that FEU has produced more than 600 students compared to UE that doesn't count?

    I merely exaggerated the numbers to clearly show your statistical reasoning. The law of probability in statistics leans towards the 10 takers with 100% chances. Thats not my opinion, its a fact. Mahirap man tanggapin, and I know where you are coming from, no formal research or studies will side with your logic. So Im still waiting on something really solid to back up your claim. I wanna learn something new. I know you have a debatable point and I respect that. Please, Im hungry for knowledge and explanation.
  • my final say is this. i'm impressed that UERM has produced 99% passing rate. and i never said anything derogatory about UERM and its students.

    but if i was more impressed that FEU had 2000 takers and still managed to come up at least 50% passers, that's my right. because a thousand passers is still a thousand passers. and it's the first i heard a school producing a great number of passers.

    i'm not the one who made comments like heaven help us or choose quantity over quality, equating that quantity is = to poor quality.

    well Tamaraws and Warriors, i leave your thread because i can't stand someone who thinks that his/her own idea is the only acceptable one. Good luck to TS, and whatever school you choose FEU or UE, youre in good hands as long as you study hard yourself.

    GO UST! hehe.
  • please dont quit now. You never said anything derogatory about anything. I wanna know where the quantity issue comes from. I know you have a right. This is not about that. No finger pointing please. This is a healthy topic for debate which the thread starter will benefit. YOu dont have to reply today, maybe tomorrow. think about it. ill wait. No grudges, no personal bs here, just a healthy, productive, educated argument, ok? Good luck. Ill continue to wait for your defense.
  • para walang mahabang usapan... if i were to choose between FEU and UERMMMC, i would choose the the latter... Dean Divi is really taking good care of her students, sabi ng mga kaibigan ko na nursing students na galing dyan... Top Notch din yung school na yan nasa top 1 rank together with the first school that i mentioned in my previous posts...

    btw,
    i never insisted the school i mentioned in my past posts, that's why i just said "consider".... i bet that school because my grandlola(+) my lola(+), and my mommy graduated from there and my ate who's still studying there... i can say it is also a very good school as what i can see now on my mom and my ate... their values and competency just reflect how good is their alma mater :) peace tayo bro!!


    Basta UE!! yun na yun!
  • ^^ ayan. good post. you have a good reason for your choice. Wala naman tayong kalaban dito, we all agree to assist ang thread starter by giving our choice and a simple explanation why. We havent heard anything yet sa kanya, i wonder if we cleared things up for him/her or bka nabwiset na, haha.

    Im all for peace, at the same time, a healthy productive debate is needed para we can dissect the reason behind unclear rationale.

    FEU or UERM?

    Please post your choice and reason why. Ok ba, thread starter?
  • to avoid confusion... my grandlola(+), lola(+), mom and ate are all products of st lukes... :)

    but again if FEU or UERMMMC?

    UERM!
  • UERMMC - PAASCU Level III Accredited
    In 2005, the Commission on Higher Education Regulation Commission released the nursing school board performance for the last 5 years (2000 – 2005) and the College of Nursing was among the 12 schools recognized as Outstanding Performing Nursing School in the country
    #1 June 2008 Licensure Exam 269/271 99%

    FEU-NRMF - Accreditation NONE
    June 2008 Licensure Exam 234/310 75%

    Note: Iba ang FEU-NRMF sa FEU(manila)-IN

    ===> UERMMC is much better

    =====>QUALITY is better than quantity :)
  • winslix wrote: »
    ^^ ayan. good post. you have a good reason for your choice. Wala naman tayong kalaban dito, we all agree to assist ang thread starter by giving our choice and a simple explanation why. We havent heard anything yet sa kanya, i wonder if we cleared things up for him/her or bka nabwiset na, haha.

    Im all for peace, at the same time, a healthy productive debate is needed para we can dissect the reason behind unclear rationale.

    FEU or UERM?

    Please post your choice and reason why. Ok ba, thread starter?

    Hi winslix, thank you for moderating this thread. :)

    Btw, na visit na ng nephew ko ang UERMMMC at FEU-NRMF.

    Sa tuition fee mas mahal ang FEU-NRMF 50k to 70k, while UERMMMC 35k to 50k a sem "DAW".

    Sa facilities naman mas ok daw ng konti ang FEU-NRMF kesa UERMMMC.

    For me naman tanong ko lang, ano ba ang basis ng pagpili ng maayos na school? Kasi kung tatanungin ako ng nephew ko UERMMMC ang pipiliin ko kasi gusto ko lang mukang maganda ang ambiance, at rumors marami daw ateneans nag-aaral sa UERMMMC, is this true?

    Guys, I need more responses, feel free to post here. :bashful:
  • CaraX wrote: »
    For me naman tanong ko lang, ano ba ang basis ng pagpili ng maayos na school?

    ===> Syempre ang basis sa pagpili ng maayos na school dapat accredited ng mga accrediting agency, PRC, at CHED

    =====> Maraming prominent na alumni na naging successful sa kanilang field

    ======>Performance of the School in Board Exams

    =======>The quality of Faculty(advisable M.A. or PhD) & Students (dapat may maayos na pag-select ng students hindi basta PERA PERA lang)

    ========> International Linkages *okay**okay**okay*
  • syempre good post, pareho kayo ng opinion, you read from him what you wanted to read from all the posts here. pag di nag agree sayo bad post na.

    To TS, just came by cause i saw you update this thread. just to be objective, given the TF, and UERM's passing rate, send him to UE, i didn't know that FEU's tuition is around 70 which is a big factor in my opinion.

    malamang sabihin na naman ng iba dyan, hinde statistics lang, just look at the statistics. wala ng ibang factor.

    ok, good luck sa nephew mo.
  • CaraX, saan pala umuuwi yung pamangkin mo?

    Big factor ang accessibility ng nursing school para sa isang student. Consider mo yung duty schedules nya later on dahil aalis/uuwi yan ng maaga/late.

    Also, consider if the school has a base hospital with complete departments. Good yan para di agawan sa cases plus madaming clinical exposures.
Sign In or Register to comment.