FEU-NRMF or UERMMMC?

CaraXCaraX ► ♪ run them red lights ♫ PExer
Which of the two is good? Can anyone provide me some details about the facilities, tuition fees, professors, curriculum and etc. about this two nursing schools?

Tinatanong ko lang for my nephew na mag nunursing this coming school year, kasi wala pa siyang napipili e ang choices niya FEU and UE, need ko lang comments niyo at i-piprint ko din kasi mga responses dito para ipakita ko sa nephew ko.

Thanks po sa mag rereply. God Bless!

Comments

• tandang sora 2tandang sora 2 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Even though feu-nrmf (don't even consider IN) has a new hospital in an environment conducive to learning, uermmmc would still be a better choice at this time. Their pass rates in the NLE have recently been impressive and consistent. I like their dean too.
  • winslixwinslix speak your mind PExer
    IT is best to physically see the campus and inquire personally so youll get the feel their services and see the students din. Hopefully you're based in Manila. UERM campus is dated, small, and security is so-so compared to FEU. But they thrive in quality of teaching. Marami ako co-workers sa NY na FEU grads who are smart and hardworking. Both their tuition fees are almost identical.
    winslix wrote: »
    IT is best to physically see the campus and inquire personally so youll get the feel their services and see the students din. Hopefully you're based in Manila. UERM campus is dated, small, and security is so-so compared to FEU. But they thrive in quality of teaching. Marami ako co-workers sa NY na FEU grads who are smart and hardworking. Both their tuition fees are almost identical.

oo nga pala, let me quote my own post, the info i shared was based on my personal inquiries when i enrolled sa MSN, nakita ko na din info for BSN. Just so you know, I always share first hand info.

Good luck.
  • the_registrarthe_registrar Banned by Admin PExer
    i'd go for UERM!
    out of 270+ examinees last june 08 NLE isa lang bumagsak!
  • RougePercerRougePercer VFR | IFR | WP8 | RIM PExer
    UERM na mataas ang passing rate, facilities, students, faculties, tuition fee ranging from 32k to 50k a sem.

Good luck sa nephew mo.
  • meteorcatchermeteorcatcher UE FIGHT! PEx Expert 🎖️
    Last board exam FEU's passing rate is 72%
    UE's passing rate is 99%. (UE is no.1 Top perfrorming school in their category)

For the past board examinations na sinusundan ko FEU's passing rate range from 60% something to 72%. UE's passing rate is consistent 90% something to 99%.

Logical choice UERMMMC.
  • TamgreenTamgreen Member PExer
    Im a nursing graduate from FEU and currently working in Asian Hospital Medical Center. Based on my experience, hospitals don't give high emphasis on what school you came from. You just have to pass their screening process and therefore it depends on the students themselves whether they're going to strive harder for them to be able to practice their profession. But one thing I noticed is that having a large population has an advantage since a lot of FEU students are now employed in different hospitals. And through it FEU is making a name. When I was interviewed in Asian, I was informed that I have a lot of batchmates working there as well. And the father of the interviewer is an alumnus of FEU.

Before I worked in Asian I did also work in Medical Center Manila and one of my co-staff nurses there is an FEU grad. In St. Luke's there are also a lot FEU nursing graduates, same thing in Cardinal Santos ,Medical City and government hospitals. We may not be excelling in a one time board exam, but we make it to a point that we strive harder as professionals to be successful in our respective fields. As evidenced by our well-known and some top of the league alumni.
  • ironhide08ironhide08 member PExer
    pareho po ko madaming kasamang FEU at UERM na nurses dito sa US, pero FEU morayta daw sila, di NRMF, na nasa QC.

mas ayos kasi regulated ang UERM, pero sa FEU daw kasi halos 600-700 ang nageexam kaya take 70% of that mas madami naman silang passers sa board. so para sakin pareho lang.

the best pa din ang UST, hehe.
    ^^
    2000+ ata ang nag-exam sa feu last june 2008
  • tamawowtamawow First Class Filipino PExer
    I don't want to pretend I know anything about UERM. But I could assure FEU Institute of Nursing is a very wise take. You just have to face challenging battery exams, CIs and professors and pay high tuition. Plus, the campus is one of the best that we have in the country: a cultural oasis.
  • lonerakolonerako UE's DARK ANGEL PExer
    It doesn't matter if there are lots of schoolmates na makakatrabaho mo sa ospital dahil in the end ikaw ang bubuhat sa sarili mo.

I recommend UERM dahil unang tanong, pano ka makakapagaaply sa ospital kung sa board exam palang hindi ka na makapasa? Kung mababa ang passing rate ng school it means mababa din ang chance na mapasama ka sa mga board passers.

Ikalawa, Disadvantage po ang pagkakaroon ng malaking populasyon dahil hindi matututukan ng professors ang mga estudyante. Unlike in UERM, dahil konti ang students, mas madaling bantayan at tutukan.

ikatlo, hindi assurance ang battery exam, why? Look at FEU, despite mahigpit daw ang battery exam sa kanila mababa pa din ang passing rate nila.

Hindi din assurance na pag may magandang physical apperance ang school, maganda din ang quality of education. proof: UE (dated buildings) and FEU (Modern and updated buildings) but look at the board exam results.
    Let us not give biased replies just because alumna tayo ng FEU or UERM. I know you love your school pero hindi ata fair to bring up this so and so school is better kasi galing tayo dun. Based on actual statistics, at since we are using Board Passing rates as basis for "better quality" nursing education and not dahil graduate tayo dun, it is safe to say UERM is first, a better school. The architectural structure, tuition fee rates, what happens to their graduates after, etc, etc comes second na. Let us keep an open mind, sorry sa mga Tamaraws here, your school doesn't mean its bad.

This thread is between UERM and FEU, so please no need to mention other schools to avoid confusion.

PS: I am not a graduate of UERM.
  • com_fightcom_fight Member PExer
    i suggest you consider Trinity University of Asia-St. Luke's College of Nursing... :) it's always better you have more options...
    read the history and performance of schools you want... find facts by yourself.... :)
    com_fight wrote: »
    i suggest you consider Trinity University of Asia-St. Luke's College of Nursing... :) it's always better you have more options...
    read the history and performance of schools you want... find facts by yourself.... :)

The original poster had narrowed down their choice between 2 schools. There is no need to add confusion by injecting another school and worse, not giving your specific reason and just say "find the facts yourself". DUH!

Your intention is good.

Ano na ba ang update ng original poster?
  • com_fightcom_fight Member PExer
    winslix wrote: »
    The original poster had narrowed down their choice between 2 schools. There is no need to add confusion by injecting another school and worse, not giving your specific reason and just say "find the facts yourself". DUH! >>> What's with your "duh?" find facts and find the facts would mean the same man!
    >>>PARALLELISM. who has inconsistency in grammar??
    Your intention is good.

Ano na ba ang update ng original poster?

Wow, bkit ganyan karamihan ng mga poster dito?? When one adds a comment, as if he did something very wrong... hay!!! bitterness or insecurity???
    ^^
    that's common sense my dear!

apple or orange lang ang choices...bakit ka pipili ng grapes?
    :rolleyes:

btw...i adore your school
    BIG TIME!
    com_fight wrote: »
    Wow, bkit ganyan karamihan ng mga poster dito?? When one adds a comment, as if he did something very wrong... hay!!! bitterness or insecurity???

Nurses rely on following strict instructions to be successful in their careers. The thread is sooooooo simple, suggestions between 2 schools. You can say anything you want, bitterness, insecurity, etc., but the truth to the matter is, who is right?

Mag add na din ako "bakit ganyan karamihan ng posters dito" ... parating ininject ang mga manok nila kahit hindi naman part ng topic. RIGHT?
    to registrar:

sorry medyo off topic (at least i apologize when i know i break the rules)

so far ive noticed, of all people who give inputs sa thread, you consistenly make sense. hindi ka off topic and you address the question w/o outrageous and unrealistic claims. Mature ang points of view mo. In my book, you have credibility.
    ano background mo? you can PM me na lang. Hate to break the rules when i am sort of policing pasaways myself.
    apologies please.
  • ironhide08ironhide08 member PExer
    ok, i'd go for FEU! hehe. the number says it all, 70% of 2000 is far way more than 200+ passers, kahit ba 50%. it's capacity to help students pass is overwhelming, kaya FEU! FEU! FEU! FEU!

that's the trick of statistics, some schools produce 100% dahil konti lang ng exam, but schools which manage to produce more passers despite achieving lower passing rate is more reliable in my opinion.

pero mas magaling pa din UST, madami na 100% pa! wohooooo!
    pero TS wag mo piliin UST, kasi baka malito ka.

di ba dalawa lang choices. kaya FEU! FEU! FEU!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file