Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

Osaka Iridology

Any info on the effectiveness of this type of medical help. pls. reply on this

Comments

• IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    It's pure, unadulterated b.s. This one has got to be one of the most stupid concepts I've ever heard. Even ducks don't make such loud quacks as these people do. Don't waste even a single centavo on this. You might as well get an honest-to-goodness executive checkup if you want to find out if you are ill with something. Check out this link to Quackwatch:

Iridology
  • Iridology has no scientific foundation. :cyclops:

A few years back, i got the chance of seeing an American documentary on iridology. I forgot which TV news magazine presented the topic --either it was 60 Mins or 20/20.

According to the documentary, iridology is not supported by medical science. Its practice was even compared with palm reading! Additional alternative medicines are added (such as recommendation of herbal medicines) and it is commercialized.

Para ka na ring nagpunta sa albularyo!:eek:

:bop:
  • yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:
    Let's put it this way...the art of healing can also be seen as something cultural and personal.

I simply find Osaka Iridology as part of Eastern Medicine.
    You may react if I am wrong, please do so.

With due respect to my colleagues, I think THE COLLEGE OF MEDICINE where we received the knowledge of healing people is in itself just one of the sources where healing can come from.

GOD IS BOTH DOCTOR AND MEDICINE.
    He can use instruments.
    Physicians are God's instruments for healing, but we are not the only ones.

PEACE! :sweet:
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    I am fine with Eastern medicine. But I have serious issues about Iridology--it pretends to be Western medicine-based. There is a very big difference between Eastern medicine and quackery. As I have said, read the link I have posted to see whether they have any basis for their claims.

• Iridilogy can then be classified as crude or impure medical "science".

As such, I believe Iridology has to be purified.

Let us not forget that ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS NO CHEMISTRY. What the ancients had was ALCHEMY.
    Alchemy was then purified and then elevated to the level of systematic knowledge, now called CHEMISTRY.

If this can be done with Iridology, then I see no problem with that.

NOW, THIS IS WHAT I THINK IS NOT RIGHT AND ILLEGAL:
    If Iridologists Prescribe drugs and Peform procedures which only licensed physicians can as provided for by the law.

• IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    I don't think medicine would still be called ancient or "crude science" --it was only "invented" in 1848 by a Hungarian--not even an "Easterner", when science as we know it now was already taking off.
  • I dont have any experience with iridology or something like that...

The question is can we tell just by looking or through the eyes or etc at a person what his/her sickness is w/o the use of any medical tests or the like. Can this actually happen?

• Examination of the eye just by looking at it, PALACIO, is already a medical test if I may put it in your language and understanding.

A physically injured eye has visible manifestations. Looking at it at a closer distance may reveal to me the nature of the injury. Say, cut from a sharp instrument perhaps.:smokin:

• IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    You can actually strongly suspect that a person suffers some disease thru funduscopy-- physicians use an ophthalmoscope to check your optic disk, the opthalmic vessels, optic cup, etc. Examples of disease with funduscopic manifestations include diabetes, increased intracranial pressure from maybe a brain tumor, and hypertension. However, iridology only examines the iris, which doesn't really say much medically. Gross examination of the eye can also reveal problems--e.g., yellow sclerae may mean hepatitis, and proptosed (nakaluwa) eyes, depending on where the proptosis is pointing at, may indicate Grave's disease or a mass within the orbital cavity.
  • Originally posted by GreekGod
    Examination of the eye just by looking at it, PALACIO, is already a medical test if I may put it in your language and understanding.

A physically injured eye has visible manifestations. Looking at it at a closer distance may reveal to me the nature of the injury. Say, cut from a sharp instrument perhaps.:smokin:

What I mean is.... Just at a distance of around an arm lenght from a person with out the need to examine any part of the body as in just by looking at a person. period. i hope you get what i mean.
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    Nope, generally, you can't. Unless of course you're talking about grossly visible eye tumors like retinoblastoma, or any eye abnormalities seen easily by the naked eye (e.g., sty, conjunctivitis). Usually, even grossly visible eye abnormalities only lead you to suspect an underlying systemic problem, but in no way can you diagnose any disease purely by eye examination without making use of other exams like a complete physical and laboratory tests.
  • Originally posted by Ira
    Nope, generally, you can't. Unless of course you're talking about grossly visible eye tumors like retinoblastoma, or any eye abnormalities seen easily by the naked eye (e.g., sty, conjunctivitis). Usually, even grossly visible eye abnormalities only lead you to suspect an underlying systemic problem, but in no way can you diagnose any disease purely by eye examination without making use of other exams like a complete physical and laboratory tests.

So i get it......

You can only tell if someone has an underlying disease by looking at the symptoms of a particular disease manifesting itself on the person. Right?
  • So i get it......

You can only tell if someone has an underlying disease by looking at the symptoms of a particular disease manifesting itself on the person. Right? [/QUOTE]

YES. Very Good :cyclops:

But there are also cases where there will be no immediate signs or tell-tale symptoms. With that, Dr. Ira is right in saying that examination of the iris alone medically doesn't say much.:cyclops:

Palacio, of course you have seen "kuliti" , "sored eyes"
    ( I am using layman's term, Dr. Ira had given you their official names already. Read back). For your info again, Graves Disease manifests exopthalmos (parang goldfish eyes) and this may be associated with Goiter as well.:cyclops:

Fundoscopy helps a lot. It gives you a fantastic sight of the blood vessels of the eyes. It's better than iridology I must say because Fundoscopy has scientific truth.:cyclops:

Iridologists need to study Anatomy first and then get tons and tons of readings in Opthalmology. Or better yet enter a medical college.:cyclops:
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by palacio_a2
    So i get it......

You can only tell if someone has an underlying disease by looking at the symptoms of a particular disease manifesting itself on the person. Right?

Yes. The proper way of diagnosing would be a complete history and a full physical, one of which would include a complete ophthalmologic examination.
  • Ok, I get what you mean.

You greekgod what do you know about nutraceuticals?
  • :mad::grrr:
    Originally posted by palacio_a2
    You greekgod what do you know about nutraceuticals?

Please, you do not have to say "YOU GREEKGOD"
    Simply say "GREEKGOD", ok? :)

I don't know if your question is just to challenge me and I don't think this is the proper thread for that.:bop:

Anyway,

NUTRACEUTICALS refer to the foods that have curative and disease-preventive effects to one's health.

Proponents of this have established a direct link between the food we eat and our physical health. Applications of this come in a variety of forms.

One may choose to eat only the freshest, organic, and naturally-occuring food like fruits and vegetables. If they may eat meat, they modify the part to be eaten or how it is prepared.

Commercially, in breakfast cereals for example, they have incorporated certain vitamins and minerals making their products "FORTIFIED"

Some milk and dairy products may contain live healthy organisms to promote gastro-intestinal health.:smokin:

:angel:PEACE:angel:

• :rolleyes:
  • :angel::angel::angel:
  • Originally posted by GreekGod
    :angel::angel::angel:

whats with you?

Btw, sorry for the typo "you, greekgod" it's supposed to be "yo, greekgod"