Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

Settling down.

Hi guys!
Merry Christmas!
I just need your opinion on this:
I actually posted a topic like a week ago asking for suggestions what to give my boyfriend for christmas. well, i kinda panicked and took 3 days off work and just booked a vacation package for the both of us in st barts. it worked out fine, we had a blast and all. Then my boyfriend proposed and i said yes and i thought that's gonna be it, right?
Wrong! We both crashed back to earth when we came back from our 3 days off and told our families about it. My boyfriend is actually based in Manila and he has a business there and he just comes here to the States about 3x a year and I'm based here in the States and I go home rin about 2-3x a year din. Now, after telling our families, everybody started talking and planning and now they're disagreeing on where to have the wedding, where to settle, who should give up his/her job, etc. It's a mess and with all the pressure, pati kami we’re starting to fight na rin. Kasi we couldn’t decide where to hold the wedding, shempre his friends are back home and mine are here. Plus the relatives pa and all kasi we both have big extended families. And it got to a point where we were both asked by our respective parents na where we will settle talaga, na we couldn’t really continue with our current set-up kasi nga it would be too expensive and if we’re to start a family we would need to dig in our roots talaga. And we couldn’t decide if here or in Manila. :confused:
Any advice/opinion?

Comments

• ang corny naman ng dilemma mo..
  • pray tell why do you think so?
  • Ang hirap nga nyan. But i can relate ng konti dun sa wedding issues. Kasi yun bf ng sister ng gf ko eh parehong naka base sa Netherlands. But since konti lang relatives ni girl sa Netherlands and mostly yung Mom, step dad and 2 sisters lang talaga ang kasama nya dun and the rest ng relatives nila eh nasa Pinas and karamihan naman ng relatives ng BF nya eh nasa Belgium naka base nag decide sila na magpakasal sa Europe (simple wedding lang) and dito sa Pinas magpapakasal din sila this coming May (Engrande Espesyal naman) :lol:
  • nagpropose pa lang naman, decided na ba ang wedding date?
  • hi guys!
    no specifics yet like date and stuff coz up until now we couldn't decide where to hold the wedding. it's like a bottleneck kasi di maka move on with other plans until that location thing is settled. there was a suggestion made to hold 2 weddings and for me it's such a hassle na talaga na one here in the states daw and another one back in manila. i don't know if i'm abnormal or what but i'm not enjoying this anymore. and it's causing a rift na between my fiance and myself kasi i'm starting to ***** about it na. :(
  • congratulations on your upcoming wedding, whenever and wherever that would be...

but have you ever thought of just eloping in vegas or just about anywhere and then splurging on your honeymoon (btw, i highly recommend maui) and just start your marriage with a bang.....:rotflmao:. ...oooppps...wait, wait...not that kind of bang, ok?...but you know what i mean! bwahahaha...

something that is just perfect for the two of you given the circumstances that both of you are geographically challenged. oh boy! let me tell how hard that would be. wifey and i started that way too until i knocked her up and she had to stop her globetrotting job....:D

look, i know a lot of people think that getting hitch in vegas is tacky, but it might work for you (it did for us) to relieve some of the tension brought by 2 families having different opinions in your lives..........

truth? if i failed to convince her to elope with me that day or i let her leave the states without any ties that can bind us in some form or another, i don't think there would ever be a marriage between us or let alone a relationship......

forget about what both your families want for now. what do you and your fiance want?
  • Sa Africa na lang para walang gulo. atleast fair! *okay* lolz
  • That's really a toughie. I know it's crazy and it's driving both of you nuts but one of you really has to give up a lot. It seems that you have to continue your present set-up for now.
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ang gulo. one has to give in otherwise magpakasal na lang kayo at mamuhay online. :lol:
  • para saya lahat... kayo kasal dalawa beses lugar lalake at lugar babae.

bili kayo hamon akyen... mura pak bili isa dosena. dali!
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Funny your dilemma reminded me of when my husband first proposed. The moment I told my family, they went insane trying to plan a wedding in the Philippines (we were still based in the US kasi). Of course my husband's family wanted it to be in the US. Everything went so bad that we called everything off.

Eventually we just suddenly got married civil, just the two of us and the judge. Sana nga Vegas wedding ;) but we opted to get hitched in Virginia (Virginia is for lovers :lol: )

We flew to the Philippines and showed up at my parents doorstep a few days later. :lol:

All I can say is, get married the way you want it, not to please other people.

Anyway, you can always have two receptions later on sans the wedding. Most people aren't interested in the wedding anyway but the free food. :lol:
  • Ice Burn wrote: »
    Anyway, you can always have two receptions later on sans the wedding. Most people aren't interested in the wedding anyway but the free food. :lol:

OMG that totally cracked me up! LOL Yeah come to think of it, it's so true nga. :rotflmao:

Hmmm Vegas is soooo tempting! Hahaha!!!
  • jed_allanjed_allan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i don't know why cryinoutloud thinks this is corny. :lol:

tama na naman si iceburn.as usual.
  • custo_nyc wrote:
    Hmmm Vegas is soooo tempting! Hahaha!!!

if you're considering vegas, look at "Little Church of the West"....

when my wife saw it, she happily stood still and just said..."oh my god!".....

made me so damn proud i chose it and i only searched it from google.....bwahahahaha...:rotflmao:
    Choose a theme wedding in Vegas! :lol:

Believe it or not, I actually wanted an Elvis wedding just for laughs. :lol:

My cousin attended her friend's Goth wedding theme in Vegas. Everyone had to be dressed in Goth. Even the minister was dressed in Goth. :lol:
  • ice burn....elvis theme? bwahahahahaha...dang, you're cool...:rotflmao:

that reminds me with this little talk we had on our way to vegas...i ended up knocking my head when i did it....

i teased her that i had no choice. that due to short notice because she took her time to say yes, i had to book this chapel where an elvis impersonator is the preacher and it was the only thing available....she cried, bwahahahahahaha...:

we flew from burbank so it was only a short flight and i spent the whole time telling her i was just kidding....she wanted to go back as soon as we land and cancel the whole thing......and i ended up wanting to cry too because i was so damn silly ...:lol:

====

i'm curious with this story and the thread starter. aside from this issue about the wedding on where and when it's going to be...i wonder who's moving where?

and if there's going to be a wedding...i'm now placing my bet on who it's going to be...:bop:
  • ice burn....elvis theme? bwahahahahaha...dang, you're cool...:rotflmao:

that reminds me with this little talk we had on our way to vegas...i ended up knocking my head when i did it....

i teased her that i had no choice. that due to short notice because she took her time to say yes, i had to book this chapel where an elvis impersonator is the preacher and it was the only thing available....she cried, bwahahahahahaha...:

we flew from burbank so it was only a short flight and i spent the whole time telling her i was just kidding....she wanted to go back as soon as we land and cancel the whole thing......and i ended up wanting to cry too because i was so damn silly ...:lol:

====

i'm curious with this story and the thread starter. aside from this issue about the wedding on where and when it's going to be...i wonder who's moving where?

and if there's going to be a wedding...i'm now placing my bet on who it's going to be...:bop:

LOL darth_vader you totally crack me up!

my fiance flew back to manila na and i told him to give me time to relax naman and not think about the wedding stuff til next year and i'm sorta hiding from everybody coz it's so magulo i'm having migraines na every night!

about the moving, sobrang bullseye ka talaga! my answer is i don't know. i told him na i want to finish my mba muna then we'll go from there, to where, i don't know. the big problem is that he doesn't really like nyc, only likes it here so he could shop at the NBA store (seriously!), said it's too congested and not conjusive for family living and he's too tied up with his friends and basketball buddies in manila. i can already foresee he's gonna get depressed here. :(

and after reviewing my post, parang ang labas i have to make the adjustment.... sheesh!!!
  • Ice Burn wrote: »
    Choose a theme wedding in Vegas! :lol:

Believe it or not, I actually wanted an Elvis wedding just for laughs. :lol:

My cousin attended her friend's Goth wedding theme in Vegas. Everyone had to be dressed in Goth. Even the minister was dressed in Goth. :lol:

do they have a basketball-themed wedding kaya? :rotflmao: dang if we go through with it i just hope we won't be disowned by our respective families LOL :lol:
    Meron yan, they'll work with any theme you can think of for a fee of course. :lol:

They won't disown you as long as you give them receptions. :lol:
    Heck you can even recite your marriage vows again during the receptions to to make them feel that you included them in your marriage ceremony. :)

By the way, as long as you promise to give both your parents and his parents grandchildren, they'll forgive you both (eventually though, when the grandkids come). :lol:

When it comes to deciding where to live, now that's what both of you will need to talk about without your family's involvement. Weigh the pros and cons of where to settle and decide what's best for the both of you and your future kids.
  • Thanks Ice Burn!

Now I'm really interested in the Vegas thing. Simple and fast! LOL

Sana lang wag kami mabingi sa sermon that's definitely gonna follow should we do the Vegas thing :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: