Home PEx International Entertainment Music Fans
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Regine Velasquez - Songbird still Reignes ♥ DIVA METER III ♥

Regine Velasquez - Songbird still Reignes ♥ DIVA METER III ♥

welcomebanner.jpg

superrHNY.jpg

xmas.jpg

Regine Velasquez - The Diva Meter Reignes Part I

Regine Velasquez - The Diva Meter Reignes Part II

Reginemultimedia.com

Regine Velasquez's 15th Studio Album "LOW KEY"

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...d.php?t=339460
GMA Network's SONG BIRD with REGINE VELASQUEZ [merged]

[url] http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173060[/url]
Forever in my heart I

[url] http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7173132#post7173132 [/url]
Forever in my heart II

BAKESHOP NO. 1
[url]]http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333950&page=163[/url]
GMA Network: AKO SI KIM SAMSOON (starring Regine Velasquez)

BAKESHOP NO. 2
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=27181996
GMA-7's AKO SI KIM SAMSOON - starring Ms. REGINE VELASQUEZ {bakeshop no. 2}

BAKESHOP NO. 3
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358738
GMA-7's AKO SI KIM SAMSOON: luha man o tawa - love never tasted this good! {bakery 3}

BAKESHOP NO. 4
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=29625212#post29625212
GMA7's ASKSS:the sweet ending:A love perfectly & deliciously baked {panader?a cuatro}

BAKESHOP NO.5
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30609713&posted=1#post30609713
GMA7's ASKSS:the Zamzoon(RV) & Zyruz(MAF) Love Story: The BEST tandem ever!{bakery 5}

[url] http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344426 [/url]
Totoy Bato 2009

Comments

• [highlight]Awards[/highlight]

List of awards

[highlight]Discography[/highlight]

list of Regine's studio albums, soundtracks, singles and guest recordings

Credits: http://www.reginemultimedia.com/regine/

[highlight] LOW KEY [/highlight]
    Asia's Songbird Regine Velasquez' New Album
    000000001lowkeycover.jpg

TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME (Music Video)

1H7E8403.jpg

1H7E8507.jpg

1H7E8437.jpg

Credit: wildbunchphotography.multiply.com
    Thanks paopao7k!

hi guys.. papromote lang po sana!

Regine Velasquez's New Studio Album is now AVAILABLE
    LOW KEY is now AVAILABLE ONLINE @ KabayanCentral.Com
    CLICK ME TO ORDER LOW KEY

Track List:
    1. Tell Me That You Love Me
    2. And I Love You So
    3. I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love
    4. I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me
    5. No Walls, No Ceilings, No Floors
    6. Good Friend
    7. How Can I Tell You
    8. Of All The Things
    9. Longer
    10. At Seventeen
    11. She's Always A Woman
    12. Never Be The Same
    13. Strawberry Fields Forever
    14. Weeping Willows, Cattails
    15. Leader Of The Band
    16. Walk In Love
    17. Clouds Across The Moon
    18. Christmas is (featuring Jim Brickman
    lowkeyposter_poster.jpg

Reviews / Comments:

finally a side of Regine Velasquez that a lot has been clamoring to see or in this case HEAR. Her SOFT side, her LOW KEY side. I love it when this girl sings mellow songs. The packaging alone is worth the money! - Baby_Danny (link)

The album is perfect to play when you are in a long drive or during a lazy
    Sunday afternoon.I find the original version of "Tell Me That You Love Me" so boring.
    Regine's version is way better. She gave it drama. Actually, that's what
    she did for all the tracks - give drama. I guess that's the reason why I
    felt the same way as when I first heard the "Nineteen '90" album. The
    "Nineteen '90" album is full of emotions.
    - 2net from RVML

It’s simply amazing – yet so heartwarming – as the Songbird performs every song in the album released by Universal Records. Her interpretations are so smooth and easy, yet every cut in the album is rife with just the right amount of emotion. - GB (link)

Ako'y napangiti noong narinig ko yung "I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me." Kasi sobrang ayaw ko yung orig. version no'n. Lagi kong nililipat yung radyo kapag 'yon ang pinapatugtog. Ngayong si Regine na ang kumanta, okay na siya. May magic talaga ang songbird! Ang haunting noong "Weeping Willows, Cattails." Puwede nga siyang gamitin sa ending sa mga sad episodes ng "CSI" at "House." - ipopi (link)

ang sarap pakingan pampatangal ng stress from work tapos sarap pakingan ng boses nya parang regine nung 90's ang galing nya magimbento. ang sarap talaga pakingan. - honeykoy (link)

I like Regine alot, In fact, Nov 14 pa lang bumuli na ko ng Low Key inabangan ko talaga to. Sulit basta album ni Ms. Regine. Sayang walang poster pero ok lang. New Flavor ang Low Key from Ms. Regine. - 5110 (link)

Her best album since Reigne, and her best covers album. Ang galing ng song selection, mukhang ni-research and I love that the versions are not so pretentious. Low key nga. - tj-x (link)

Let Regine take you through the ROAD LESS TRAVELED that leads to SELF REDISCOVERY. Let Regine TOUCH YOUR HEART --- MEND YOUR HEARTBREAKS and PUT YOU IN ECSTACY. Let Regine SOOTHE YOUR SOUL --- allow you TO FANTASIZE and LEARN ABOUT LIFE, and the GOOD and the BAD that comes with it. Let yourself EXPERIENCE ALL THESE and more by purchasing her LATEST ALBUM UNDER UNIVERSAL RECORDS. - Remz Marie (link)

I must admit that I used to be a non believer of Velasquez's talent and used to think "what the hell do people see in her?" but now, that changed. LOW KEY is probably the best thing that happened in her career, because she will finally capture the people who don't really care about her belting prowess. - Peyton (link)
    My favorite tracks from LOW KEY

- No Walls, No Ceilings, No Floors - the song that instantly caught my attention, had me singing after and still puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it.

- Never Be The Same - I've always loved the original by Christopher Cross, but Regine's version is more melancholic, which I think better suits the song.

- Strawberry Fields Forever - I can't believe she covered this piece of psychedelic rock from the Beatles! I love the simplicity and bareness of the song.

- Longer - tired cover, but this time it sounds fresher and more emotional than the version that appeared in the medley in R2K.

- Clouds Across The Moon - another surprising cover, tangently different from the new wave original but still fun to listen to.
    - tj-x (link)

can't stop listening to her cd over and over again, it's playing in my ipod since last night until this moment. great album, interesting choices. maybe a disc full of remakes, but not just remakes, great ones, songs you don't get to listen everyday or sing at karaoke.

when it comes to favorites, it's hard to pick one since every time i would listen to it, my choices changes.

my least favorite is the beatles song, though it's nice, maybe i'm used to hear it more the old way.

definitely a good buy!
    - bluesky_luis (link)
    low key makes me want to cry. her renditions are very emotional with raw passion. her voice is very soft, angelic and feminine and smooth. i particularly like she's always a woman to me, leader of the band, id rather leave while im in love, of all the things, weeping willows cattails,longer, never be the same, i never dreamed someone likke u will love someone like me, how can i tell you, tell me that you love me...actually lahat super quality. smooth and soft very emotional and heart rending. - reginethegreat

i love the laidback feel of the album. it's easy listening with guitar strums and piano harmonies making love to regine's chameleon of a voice. true to the album's title, regine sings with restraint and i love hearing her this way. the songs have an old feel to it but regine makes it mainstream sounding. one of her best albums to date. like what was posted above, i love reigne too rej_miller18 (link)

Her best album since Reigne, and her best covers album. Ang galing ng song selection, mukhang ni-research and I love that the versions are not so pretentious. Low key nga.

can't stop listening to her cd over and over again, it's playing in my ipod since last night until this moment. great album, interesting choices. maybe a disc full of remakes, but not just remakes, great ones, songs you don't get to listen everyday or sing at karaoke.

when it comes to favorites, it's hard to pick one since every time i would listen to it, my choices changes.

my least favorite is the beatles song, though it's nice, maybe i'm used to hear it more the old way.

definitely a good buy!
    - bluesky_luis (link)

I just bought the cd. She truely matured as a singer and as a woman. She really is the diva of all divas. No one can top her longeivity coz she is a rare talent. Low Key is a sophisticated album i must say. Buy it and you wont regret it. To those people who always complaining that she always shout well this is your album, LOW KEY - waspnest45

This time, she is no longer driven by the motivation to show-off—and her high notes are delivered like a gentle kiss or a soothing caress. The only time she displays her famous vocal bravado is in the bonus track, Jim Brickman’s “Christmas Is.”
    In the liner notes, Asia’s Songbird describes the new direction as part of her “personal and musical evolution.” She explains: “I discover new things about myself and use them in my songs. I realized that the voice doesn’t have to be loud to be forceful, and that a performer can convey a wide range of emotions even in soft or gentle singing.”
    - By Rito Asilo
    of Philippine Daily Inquirer
    (link)

Regine Velasquez is known to reinvent herself, her styles, and her music according to how she likes and how she puts up things. And incomparable to any artist, when she does these reinventions, she never fails to amaze people with her boldness and her courage to risk her current status; and even soar to greater heights.

Low Key presents a fresh Velasquez packaged within an 18-song album that gives her fans a sense of curiosity. All of the songs (except the bonus track “Christmas Is”) are recorded low key, hence the title.
    - ely (link)
  • vote-1.jpg

[highlight]RADIO (via SMS)[/highlight]

WAVE 89.1
    Wave (space) 891 (space) your message - send to 2968

RX 93.1
    (your message) send to 29761931
    RX (space) REQUEST (space) your message - send to 2299

MAX 103.5
    Max (space) FM (space) your message - send to 2968

WRR 101.9
    4LIFESONG (space) title of the song - send to 2366

MELLOW TOUCH 94.7
    (your message) - send to 29761947

MAGIC 89.9
    Magic (sapce) 899 (space) your message - send to 2968

iFM 93.9
    ifm (space) request (space) title ng kanta - send to 2299
    [highlight]landline 671-5622[/highlight]

YES FM 101.1
    YESFM (space) REQUEST (space) title ng kanta - send to 2299
    [highlight]landline - 832-6162[/highlight]

JAM 88.3
    JAM (space) 883 (space) your message - send to 2968

LSFM 97.1
    RADIO(space)greetlsfm(space)[highlight]TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME[/highlight](space) message-SEND 2311 -globe and 350 -smart

through landline: 97.1 LSFM: 9287021 local 300 or 9243093 or 9278862

90.7 LOVE RADIO
    loveradio(space) [highlight]TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME[/highlight](space) regine velasquez(space) message-SEND 2299
    [highlight]landline 832-6171

homeradio - 633-9183

star - (102.7) - 552-0392

energy - 928-4085
    [/highlight]

[highlight]VOTE FOR "REGINE's SONGs"[/highlight]

[highlight]MYX[/highlight]
    MYX (space) VOTE (space) TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME send to 2366

Guys! Sa MTV, di pala pwede mag-vote agad.. The song/video has to be nominated first.. At magkaiba ang keywords para mag-vote at mag-nominate Smile

To nominate, text: MTV VOTE <[highlight]TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME[/highlight]> (tapos send to 2976)

Tapos pag nominated na yung video (check niyo na lang kung nominated na, text: [highlight]MTVLIST[/highlight] to 2976) saka na pwede mag vote

To vote, text: MTVVOTE <[highlight]keyword nung nominated video[/highlight]> tapos send to 2976. (walang space yung MTVVOTE )

[highlight]Help Us! Please Vote our Songbird[/highlight]

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-female-singer-of-all-time.asp
    Best Female Singer of All Time

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/top-ten-all-time-divas.asp
    Top Ten All Time Divas

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-female-singer-21st-century.asp
    Best Female Singer of the 21st Century

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-female-singer-under-30.asp
    Best Female Singer Under 30

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/most-unique-singing-voice.asp
    Most Unique Singing Voice
  • superr5.jpg

[highlight] 1970–1986: Early life and discovery[/highlight]

Velasquez is the first child of Teresita and Gerardo Velasquez, born in Tondo, Metro Manila, Philippines on April 22, 1970. Her family moved to Hinundayan, Southern Leyte, where Velasquez studied at the Hinundayan Central School.

Music figured largely in her early development; her father sang to the children Frank Sinatra songs and her mother accompanied family sing-alongs on guitar. Her father trained her voice by having her sing while submerged neck-deep in the ocean; her mother taught her how to move on stage and interpret songs. Before she could read, her father taught her song lyrics. At six, Velasquez participated in a nationally-televised amateur singing competition, The Tita Betty's Children's Show. Her piece, "Buhat Nang Kita'y Makilala" ("Since I Met You"), won third place and "youngest contender." Velasquez joined more singing competitions in small towns around the country. By nine, Velasquez and her family had moved to Balagtas, Bulacan, where she studied at Balagtas Central School. She later studied at St. Lawrence Academy, where she won Vocal Solo and Vocal Duet for her school at the annual BULPRISA (Bulacan Private School Association) competition. Her parents saved money on competitions by designing and sewing her gowns using materials at hand and fabric from old gowns. Regine also suffers from dyslexia which makes it difficult for her to read lyrics and learn new songs. But even with this learning handicap, her raw talent and sheer determination helped her win the top prize in 67 of approximately 300 competitions.

At fourteen, Velasquez entered the senior division of Ang Bagong Kampeon, a nationally-televised singing competition, hosted by Bert "Tawa" Marcelo and Asia's "Queen of Songs", Pilita Corrales. Her father suggested that she audition with "Saan Ako Nagkamali" ("Where Did I Go Wrong"). She won for eight straight weeks and became the first grand champion of the show. The show's musical director, Dominic Salustiano, suggested her winning piece, George Benson's "In Your Eyes." She won a contract with Octoarts, recording the single "Love Me Again" as "Chona Velasquez," her nickname. She then joined the Organisasyon ng mga Pilipinong Mang-aawit (OPM), an organization of Filipino singers, performing in music lounges all over Metro Manila. Members of OPM helped her out by giving her industry advice and by lending their gowns for her performances.
  • divo.jpg

[highlight]1986–1987: Debuts[/highlight]

At the behest of friend and fellow Octoarts recording artist, Pops Fernandez, Velasquez guested on the now defunct GMA 7 Variety TV show, 'Penthouse Live', on February 16, 1986. This is considered the biggest turning point of her career as this is where Ronnie Henares, the show's producer, noticed her potential and offered to become her manager. Martin Nievera, Pops' husband and co-host of the show, suggested to Velasquez that she drop the name Chona and use Regine as her screen name. That year, her father resigned from his job as a construction estimator to fully attend to his daughter's blossoming career.

Viva Records signed Velasquez to a contract in 1987, releasing her self-titled debut album. The album contained the hits "Kung Maibabalik Ko Lang," "Isang Lahi," and "Urong Sulong."

Her first regularly televised performances were musical variety shows with ensemble casts, such as ABS-CBN's Triple Treat and the Sunday variety show Teen Pan Alley. Velasquez and Alley's Janno Gibbs continued to collaborate throughout the years, creating the musical Kenkoy at Rosing, recording the hit cover song "Magkasuyo Buong Gabi," and performing duets in concert.
  • regine.jpg

[highlight] 1988–1991: International exposure [/highlight]

Velasquez won the grand championship of the Asia-Pacific Singing Contest, an international competition held in Hong Kong, with "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel and "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls. Her win garnered her celebrity status.

In 1989, Velasquez recorded two duets that boosted her career. One of the veteran singer-composers in the Philippines, Jose Mari Chan, hand-picked Velasquez to be his duet partner for his album entitled Constant Change. The song "Please Be Careful with My Heart" became one of the most requested songs at that time. The album went on to become the Philippine's biggest selling record of all time and was awarded a Certified Diamond Record Award by the PRIMA (equivalent to ten platinum awards). Another hit-maker, Gary Valenciano, one of the country's biggest singer-songwriters, penned the song 'Each Passing Night' for his album 'Faces of Love'.

Velasquez signed with Vicor records and released several albums, starting with Nineteen 90. The album included her Tagalog hit single "Narito Ako" ("Here I Am"), her first Ogie Alcasid-penned song, "I Have To Say Goodbye," and her pop hit "Promdi". Her first major solo concert, Narito Ako, was standing-room only at the Folk Arts Theater, with Gary Valenciano as a guest performer.

Velasquez's debut United States solo concert, Narito Ako sa New York (Here I Am in New York), was held at the Main Hall of Carnegie Hall on October 11, 1991, part of one hundred events of its centennial celebration. Velasquez is the first Filipino to stage a solo concert in the revered venue. (The first Filipino group act to perform is the Apo Hiking Society)

The album Tagala Talaga ("A Genuine Tagalog Lady") comprised of her renditions of classic Filipino compositions by Nonong Pedero, Willy Cruz, George Canseco, Louie Ocampo, Freddie Aguilar, and National Artists for Music Awardees Ryan Cayabyab, Lucio D. San Pedro, and Levi Celerio.
  • reeed.jpg

[highlight]1993–1998: Asian Music Scene [/highlight]

Her fourth album, Reason Enough, was released in 1993 and achieved platinum album status. It featured "Sana Maulit Muli," "Babalikang Muli," and her duet with Gary Valenciano, "Slip Away." It also included a duet with Paul Anka, "It's Hard to Say Goodbye," a cover of a 1986 single.

PolyGram Records released Velasquez's first pan-Asian studio album, Listen Without Prejudice in 1994. The album featured "In Love with You" with Jacky Cheung, "Follow the Sun," "What Kind of Fool Am I?," and "Reason Enough." Two more releases were My Love Emotion, featuring the cult favorite "You've Made Me Stronger," composed by Trina Belamide. Her next album, Retro, contained covers of hits from the 1970s, and an acoustic version of "Dance With Me," a duet with her mother, Teresita Velasquez.

Velasquez joined Ryan Cayabyab's musical adaptation of Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere at the CCP in 1995. She played the tragic role of Maria Clara opposite Audie Gemora's Crisostomo Ibarra, directed by Nonong Padilla. Vic Del Rosario of Viva saw her performance and offered her the lead in Wanted: Perfect Mother, a movie adaptation of the Mars Ravelo comic book series, loosely based on The Sound of Music. Martin Nievera wrote the theme song, "You Are My Song," one of Velasquez's original hit singles. The movie was her first starring role and first pairing with Christopher De Leon.

In 1996, she staged Isang Pasasalamat, a free tenth anniversary concert at the UP Sunken Garden. Janno Gibbs, Bernardo Bernardo, The Tux, Nanette Inventor, Ivy Violan, and Martin Nievera were among her special guests. In the same year, Velasquez recorded a Christmas album, Love Was Born on Christmas Day, her final album under Polycosmic Records. She also ended her contract with Primeline, Inc., opting to manage her own career.

Viva Records released her multi-platinum R&B and hip hop-album Drawn, produced by Mark J. Feist, featuring a portrait made by Velasquez herself on the cover demonstrating her background in fine arts. Songs like "How Could You Leave," "I'll Never Say Goodbye," and more upbeat songs like "Once in a Lifetime" and "Messin' With My Head" demonstrated her versatility. The Filipino track "Ikaw" ("You"), was the theme song of her movie with Aga Muhlach. During this period, Velasquez moved from her demure image to a more sexy appearance.
  • stillthevpice.jpg

[highlight] 2000–2005: New Image and Independence [/highlight]

Moving into more mature and sexy image, Velasquez sang the Philippine Millennium anthem "Written In The Sand" atop the Manila Peninsula hotel, an event broadcast live around the world. She released an album entitled R2K ("Regine 2000"), containing "revival cuts" (covers) of international artists and achieving Sextuple platinum status in sales, her best selling album so far. She launched the R2K Concert series, her most notable concert series filling the Araneta Coliseum for two days. It features exquisite costumes, a repertoire that is more pop in nature, special effects and advance pyrotechnics.

Two years later, she released an all-original album titled Reigne, an anagram from her name and an allusion to her status in the industry. The album included songs like "To Reach You," "Dadalhin," and "Sa Aking Pag-iisa" which even had a remix version.

She continued to juggle her singing, film, television, and advertising careers. In 2002, she received Best Actress in Star Awards for Television in her portrayal of a retarded woman seeking acceptance and love. She staged the Bantay Bata Benefit concert, One Night with Regine, set at the stairs of the Philippine National Museum which won Best Musical Special at the 2003 Asian Television Awards. That same year, her MTV Asia special entitled Speak Your Mind was nominated for the UNICEF Child Rights Awards. The production was highly commended for its agendum on child welfare, documenting the plight of homeless children swarming the streets of Metro Manila, in an effort to protect and safeguard their rights.

She also hosted the amateur singing contest Star For A Night which aimed to discover new talents. It launched the careers of Sarah Geronimo and Mark Bautista among others. The weekly show was aired on IBC-13 and was a co-production with Viva.

Velasquez became the first and second recipient of the MTV Favorite Artist Award (Philippines) in 2002 and 2003. During the 2002 award ceremony held in Singapore, she sang "Cry" in a duet with Mandy Moore, one of the hosts.

Velasquez formed her own record label called Songbird Music in 2003. She produced an album for Gabby Eigenmann who was her co-host in SOP.

In 2004, Velasquez released Covers, comprising cover songs including Original Pilipino Music ("OPM") classics of male singers like Basil Valdez, Martin Nievera, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Side A, True Faith, and Ariel Rivera. Velasquez transferred her amateur singing contest to GMA-7 and changed the name to Search For A Star. The show launched the career of Rachelle Ann Go.

Velasquez starred in GMA's telenovela Forever In My Heart opposite Richard Gomez, Dawn Zulueta, and former flame Ariel Rivera. She produced, directed, and staged a set of concert performances entitled Reigning Still in December 2004. The concert set a new dimension for Velasquez following the trends of artist such as Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears. Velasquez is more daring here rather than in her previous concerts, wearing sexy and revealing outfits. In 2005, Velasquez and singer Pops Fernandez performed a concert, Queens On Fire, later taking it on an eight-city U.S. tour.

Velasquez held the Reflections Concert series at Aliw Theatre late that year. The stage was decorated with mannequins wearing her gowns from the past decade which were later auctioned for the benefit of GMA's Kapuso Foundation. The concert featured the prodigies "Wyeth Gifted Kids" (saxophonist Jacob Sarreal, violinists Joseph Valdes and Paulina, and classical cellist Pocholo Gutierrez). The concert featured songs by her favorite singers or the foreign female singers who have influenced her career. The concert consisted of numerous medleys of hits by Barbra Streisand, Anita Baker, Sheena Easton, Spice Girls, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Celine Dion.

She recorded the theme song "Di Na Nag-iisa" for the Darna TV series, based on the Darna comic book character created by Mars Ravelo, and its characteristic yell. The theme song was composed by South Border's Jay Durias and the song was nominated for an Aliw Award for Best song made for Television. The song was also used in the movie Till I Met You and is included in the original sound track.
  • atekoi.jpg

[highlight] 2006–present [/highlight]

The year 2006 marked Velasquez 20th Anniversary in showbiz. She released the album Covers: Volume 2, featuring covers of international hit songs including Elvis Presley's "Blue Suede Shoes" and the Beatles "Come Together". All of the songs were presented with new arrangements in various musical genres. The first single was "Hold Me In Your Arms," covering the Southern Sons song. Her Valentine concert at the Araneta Coliseum, Forever After, co-starred Ogie Alcasid, Rico Puno, and Ai Ai Delas Alas. She and Pops Fernandez staged the North American leg of the Queens on Fire concert tour in the spring of 2006.[11] The fantaconcierto hit Forever After tour was staged in key US cities[12] and at the Wembley Arena in London. On August 13, 2006, the Sharon Cuneta Show devoted an entire episode from Velasquez's humble beginnings to her current stature now as an icon. In the middle of 2006, together with manager Cacai Velasquez, boyfriend Ogie Alcasid, and brother-in-law Raul Mitra, Velasquez launched the IndiMusic record label, her own record company. As part of her 20th anniversary celebration, she staged Twenty concert, at the Araneta Coliseum in mid-October 2006. The concert boasted a full symphony orchestra and the country's best conductors namely Maestro Ryan Cayabyab, Gerard Salonga, Louie Ocampo, Raul Mitra and Mon Faustino as her guest conductors. Velasquez also recorded "Maghihintay Ako," the theme song for the sci-fi telenovela Atlantika.

In 2007, People Asia Magazine's "People of the Year" honored her with the Exemplary Achievement Award, shared with three others. in March 14, Velasquez together with Ms. Kuh Ledesma represented the Philippines in the Mosaic International Music Festival in Singapore held at the Esplenade. The festival was held They were given the honor of being included in the "Headliners" list which included Rachael Yamagata, ** La Tengo, among others. The festival brings together over 400 music icons from different parts of the globe so that people can share and experience the full diversity of world music. Her movie, Paano Kita Iibigin, co-starring Piolo Pascual opened on May 30, 2007. The movie was the first co-production between Viva Films and Star Cinema which is owned by media conglomerate ABS-CBN. The promo for the movie was rife with controversy because of Ogie Alcasid's coming clean and publicly admitting his relationship with Velasquez which they have discreetly been keeping for a couple of years. Alcasid is married but has been separated from his wife for 4 years. A soundtrack, featuring solos and duets by the co-stars, was released by Star Records, the first time Velasquez produced an album outside Viva Entertainment. The theme song was penned by Ogie Alcasid. In August 2007, Velasquez and Alcasid started hosting 'Celebrity Duets' (Philippines) on GMA 7. The show pairs up local personalities with local professional singers. Velasquez also endorsed Vicki Belo's "Belo Essentials," which includes singer Zsa Zsa Padilla and model/TV personality Lucy Torres. This year she recorded the theme song of GMA's remake of "Marimar" with the same title which became an instant hit on the airwaves. In October 2007, she appeared on the cover of the fashion magazine "Preview" that featured her most anticipated photos since the release of her coffee table book, Reigne...the book. Just three days after her 6-nights concert series at The Aliw Theater (Ang Ating Musika), Velasquez attended the 2007 Aliw Awards held at Palacio de Maynila and won two of the most coveted awards of the night: Best Major Concert Act (Female) for her 20th year anniversary concert at the Araneta Coliseum, Twenty and Entertainer of the Year award. To cap it off, Velasquez was also awarded The Most Successful Artist of the Year award by Walk Of Fame Philippines on December 04, 2007 in Eastwood, Quezon City. Other awardees honored at the event were Piolo Pascual, Kris Aquino, Richard Gutierrez, Celia Rodriguez, and Gina Pareno.

Early 2008, Velasquez was said to be "offered" the title role in a remake of Betty La Fea, which was to be produced by GMA-7's rival network, ABS-CBN. After series of controversies Velasquez then decided to sign a two-year exclusive contract with (because apparently there where no formal offers made by ABS-CBN there was just a misunderstanding on Velasquez's part which even made her bid farewell to her show SOP)the Kapuso Network where she was given the lead role for Ako si Kim Samsoon, the GMA remake of a popular Korean Drama, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon, with leading men Mark Anthony Fernandez and Wendell Ramos. She plays the role of a spunky, over-weight, middle-aged, down-on-luck baker who is searching for true happiness. Velasquez was required to wear a fat-suit for the role. She also stars in her very own weekly musical variety show on GMA titled Songbird which premiered May 15, 2008 and it is shown every Saturday nights instead of Thursday nights (replacing E.S.P.). The show features a different musical theme each week. From the Beatles, Michael Jackson, TV show themesongs, Original Pilipino Music, and her also songs by her idol Barbra Streisand. She will be hosting the second season of Celebrity Duets with Mr. Ogie Alcasid. Other notable projects by Velasquez in 2008 include "The Best of Me" Birthday Special, a musical romp through various music genres showcasing Velasquez versatility as a singer and performer. The repertoire included songs by Kenny Loggins, Eagles, Josh Grobin, Clair Marlo, Colbie Caillat and U2. The entire show was held in Velasquez's own palatial home in Ayala Heights. One of the highlights of the show was when Regine performed the classic "You'll Never Know" with both her parents who are lovingly referred to as "Mommy V" and "Mang Gerry" by showbiz insiders. Velasquez's birthday also coincides with Earth day. The "Up Close and Personal" solo U.S concert tour commenced on May 2008 and was staged in various parts of the U.S. particularly in Las Vegas, San Francisco, Houston, Texas and Los Angeles. Velasquez will also be providing the speaking and singing voice of the lead character in ATP Production's first full length animated musical film, the 2008 animated film series which also stars Eddie Garcia, Cesar Montano and others. The film is the first "Digital and Traditional Animated Film" in the Philippines and is loosely based on the life and times of the Legendary Warrior Princess of Pangasinan. The Original Sountrack which was produced by her own recording label, i-Music, contains several tracks which features the voices of Francis M., Allan K., Michael V., Cesar Montano and herself. The carrier single "Babae Ako" was penned by Mr. Joey De Leon with music by Mr. Ogie Alcasid. A music video was released to promote the song and the movie. The much anticipated back-to-back concert with friend and competitor, Lani Misalucha kick's off with a US and Canada tour on September 2008 and then it will be staged in Manila in 2009. Dubbed as "The Main Event: Duel of the Diva's" will have performances in special concert halls in Pasadena, California, San Francisco, California, Chicago, Illinois, Newark, New Jersey, Ontario, Canada and finally, Manila, Philippines. And also in 2008, Velasquez released her 15th studio album under Universal Records entitled, "Low Key," which earned a certified gold status three days after its day of release. By December 2008, she performed with Pops Fernandez, Kuh Ledesma, and Zsa Zsa Padilla in the biggest concert of the year at the Araneta Coliseum dubbed as Divas 4 Divas.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regine_Velasquez
  • closet8.jpg

closet9.jpg

closet10.jpg

closet11.jpg

closet12.jpg

[highlight]Credits ate toni[/highlight]
  • [highlight]TOTOY BATO COMING SOOON!!!![/highlight]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sTQoUTELMI
    Timeless Tales on GMA Telebabad 2009

REGINE--ROBIN-TOTOY-GIF-1.gif

TOTOYBATO3.jpg
  • [highlight]Complete Ako si Kim Samsoon Screen shots[/highlight]

http://reginemultimedia.com/photogallery/index.php?currDir=./Screenshots/Ako_Si_Kim_Samsoon

Credits www.reginemultimedia.com (lester, mugz and scofield)

askss_epi75_283.jpg

askss_epi75_296.jpg

askss_epi75_301.jpg

askss_epi75_302.jpg

askss_epi75_303.jpg

askss_epi75_304.jpg

askss_epi75_305.jpg
  • Regine Velasquez's New Studio Album is now AVAILABLE

LOW KEY is now AVAILABLE ONLINE @ KabayanCentral.Com

CLICK ME TO ORDER LOW KEY

Track List:

1. Tell Me That You Love Me
    2. And I Love You So
    3. I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love
    4. I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me
    5. No Walls, No Ceilings, No Floors
    6. Good Friend
    7. How Can I Tell You
    8. Of All The Things
    9. Longer
    10. At Seventeen
    11. She's Always A Woman
    12. Never Be The Same
    13. Strawberry Fields Forever
    14. Weeping Willows, Cattails
    15. Leader Of The Band
    16. Walk In Love
    17. Clouds Across The Moon
    18. Christmas is (featuring Jim Brickman)

lowkeyposter_poster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzKMTo-BfYs
    Regine Velasquez - LOW KEY ALBUM OUT NOW!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnkgN2JrHU
    Regine Velasquez - Tell Me That You Love Me Behind the Scenes

Reviews / Comments:

[crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]

finally a side of Regine Velasquez that a lot has been clamoring to see or in this case HEAR. Her SOFT side, her LOW KEY side. I love it when this girl sings mellow songs. The packaging alone is worth the money! - Baby_Danny (link)

The album is perfect to play when you are in a long drive or during a lazy
    Sunday afternoon.I find the original version of "Tell Me That You Love Me" so boring.
    Regine's version is way better. She gave it drama. Actually, that's what
    she did for all the tracks - give drama. I guess that's the reason why I
    felt the same way as when I first heard the "Nineteen '90" album. The
    "Nineteen '90" album is full of emotions.
    - 2net from RVML

It’s simply amazing – yet so heartwarming – as the Songbird performs every song in the album released by Universal Records. Her interpretations are so smooth and easy, yet every cut in the album is rife with just the right amount of emotion. - GB (link)

Ako'y napangiti noong narinig ko yung "I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me." Kasi sobrang ayaw ko yung orig. version no'n. Lagi kong nililipat yung radyo kapag 'yon ang pinapatugtog. Ngayong si Regine na ang kumanta, okay na siya. May magic talaga ang songbird! Ang haunting noong "Weeping Willows, Cattails." Puwede nga siyang gamitin sa ending sa mga sad episodes ng "CSI" at "House." - ipopi (link)

ang sarap pakingan pampatangal ng stress from work tapos sarap pakingan ng boses nya parang regine nung 90's ang galing nya magimbento. ang sarap talaga pakingan. - honeykoy (link)

I like Regine alot, In fact, Nov 14 pa lang bumuli na ko ng Low Key inabangan ko talaga to. Sulit basta album ni Ms. Regine. Sayang walang poster pero ok lang. New Flavor ang Low Key from Ms. Regine. - 5110 (link)

Her best album since Reigne, and her best covers album. Ang galing ng song selection, mukhang ni-research and I love that the versions are not so pretentious. Low key nga. - tj-x (link)

Let Regine take you through the ROAD LESS TRAVELED that leads to SELF REDISCOVERY. Let Regine TOUCH YOUR HEART --- MEND YOUR HEARTBREAKS and PUT YOU IN ECSTACY. Let Regine SOOTHE YOUR SOUL --- allow you TO FANTASIZE and LEARN ABOUT LIFE, and the GOOD and the BAD that comes with it. Let yourself EXPERIENCE ALL THESE and more by purchasing her LATEST ALBUM UNDER UNIVERSAL RECORDS. - Remz Marie (link)

I must admit that I used to be a non believer of Velasquez's talent and used to think "what the hell do people see in her?" but now, that changed. LOW KEY is probably the best thing that happened in her career, because she will finally capture the people who don't really care about her belting prowess. - Peyton (link)

My favorite tracks from LOW KEY

- No Walls, No Ceilings, No Floors - the song that instantly caught my attention, had me singing after and still puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it.

- Never Be The Same - I've always loved the original by Christopher Cross, but Regine's version is more melancholic, which I think better suits the song.

- Strawberry Fields Forever - I can't believe she covered this piece of psychedelic rock from the Beatles! I love the simplicity and bareness of the song.

- Longer - tired cover, but this time it sounds fresher and more emotional than the version that appeared in the medley in R2K.

- Clouds Across The Moon - another surprising cover, tangently different from the new wave original but still fun to listen to.
    - tj-x (link)

definitely a good buy!
    bluesky_luis (link)
    low key makes me want to cry. her renditions are very emotional with raw passion. her voice is very soft, angelic and feminine and smooth. i particularly like she's always a woman to me, leader of the band, id rather leave while im in love, of all the things, weeping willows cattails,longer, never be the same, i never dreamed someone likke u will love someone like me, how can i tell you, tell me that you love me...actually lahat super quality. smooth and soft very emotional and heart rending. reginethegreat

i love the laidback feel of the album. it's easy listening with guitar strums and piano harmonies making love to regine's chameleon of a voice. true to the album's title, regine sings with restraint and i love hearing her this way. the songs have an old feel to it but regine makes it mainstream sounding. one of her best albums to date. like what was posted above, i love reigne too rej_miller18 (link)

Her best album since Reigne, and her best covers album. Ang galing ng song selection, mukhang ni-research and I love that the versions are not so pretentious. Low key nga.

definitely a good buy!
    bluesky_luis (link)

I just bought the cd. She truely matured as a singer and as a woman. She really is the diva of all divas. No one can top her longeivity coz she is a rare talent. Low Key is a sophisticated album i must say. Buy it and you wont regret it. To those people who always complaining that she always shout well this is your album, LOW KEY waspnest45

Okay tinry kong gumawa ng objectivist at critical na review kaso, hindi pala pwedeng objectivist entirely and review. Based nga kasi yun sa experience natin. XD meeep ang gulo. XD basta critical yan, pero individualist approach. :) so pagbigyan niyo na kung sobrang haba, antagal kong hindi nakabalik eh!43.gif

~Regine Velasquez is known to reinvent herself, her styles, and her music according to how she likes and how she puts up things. And incomparable to any artist, when she does these reinventions, she never fails to amaze people with her boldness and her courage to risk her current status; and even soar to greater heights.

Low Key presents a fresh Velasquez packaged within an 18-song album that gives her fans a sense of curiosity. All of the songs (except the bonus track “Christmas Is”) are recorded low key, hence the title.

No belting, no high notes…does it mean the album is not Regine Velasquez?

Well, apparently, it’s still Songbird material. The album still possesses the vocal prowess Velasquez has, the power to stir emotions and awe people, minus the belting; which very few singers of this generation have. This is another facet of the Songbird: her soulful renditions of different songs with the vocal control and emotion with power combined at the same time.

A challenge in the album that she was able to successfully pull off was the lineup of songs. Most of the songs in the album are unfamiliar to the ears of the younger generations. Most of the Songbird’s followers are young, and might not have heard songs in the album, which are mostly power ballads from the 80s and 90s (apart from the song “Longer” which was included in a medley in the bonus track of R2K). But it helps that some old songs are familiar to the young fans for they learn to appreciate the songs that seemed “new” to their ears.

As for my personal experience upon hearing Low Key, it was a trip back to memory lane, and much more.

So, here’s the repertoire of Low Key and my feedback on them.

Tell Me That You Love Me
    - A power ballad, Velasquez portrayed her vocal control while recording this song. It has high notes but Velasquez did not belt out, showing her full control on her notes. The soul of the song surfaces through the clearness of her voice backed up by an amazing arrangement by Homer Flores. This song gives an impression of the whole album, crisp, soulful, relaxing, stirring.

And I Love You So
    - A heartfelt rendition of a Don Mclean original, the Songbird creates an atmosphere of true love presented in a form of song. The sincerity of her voice mixes with the serenity of the lyrics and melody can make anyone fall in love with a song not familiar to the generation of today. There is brilliance in the way Jimmy Antiporda arranged the song that was composed by Don Mclean.

I’d Rather Leave While I’m in Love
    - One of my personal favorites, the melancholic interpretation by Velasquez does not fail to touch a warm chord in anybody, even when the listener is not entirely melancholic or in a forlorn state. There’s a tinge of pain and hurt in the song that Velasquez brought up through her rendition. Again, Homer Flores did his magic to the arrangement of the song.

I Never Dreamed Someone like You Could Love Someone like Me
    - When I heard this song for the first time, I immediately fell in love with it. The song was tweaked up a few notes higher than the original rendition by Katie Irving (as my mom told me), but nevertheless, the song was perfectly executed. The song will make any man grateful if it was sung for him. There is simplicity in the tones and serenity in the melodies. The performance is very soulful and heartfelt. It’s a Last Song Syndrome song. Bobby Velasco did a great job in tweaking the song to fit the Songbird’s range but at the same time, creating a sweet melody that mixed wonderfully with the vocals. One of the songs that has a good recall and easy to sing along to, this one has captured a place in my musical heart.

No Walls, No Ceilings, No Floors
    - The earliest cover that I heard over the internet, the rawness of the teaser in the YouTube stream had already given me the idea that it would be the carrier single of the new album. It instantly became a favorite. But it did not become the carrier single, yet the tone and the simplicity and crispness of the song stuck into me and I was amazed when the song was recorded cleanly. This rawness was further enhanced when all the instruments were mixed in and out comes a frank and simple song. Straight forward and powerful, it always gives me the opportunity to sing along with it. What a powerful recall. Maririnig mo talaga yung puso ng kanta. Bond Samson did a wonderful job in the arrangement of the song and all was just magic.

Good Friend
    - A song I’m not familiar with, but the Mary MacGregor original makes a good road trip song. It’s part of the easy-listening genre of music. You can imagine yourself listening to this while driving near the beach front and just relaxing with the ocean breeze wafting on your face. The song is also wonderful when Jaya and Regine do a duet of this. The tone is a bit too high though. It can be a note or two lower but nonetheless, it’s still a beautiful song. Two thumbs up for Niño Regalado for the areglo of the song.

How Can I Tell You
    - Again, the simplicity of the song surfaced all throughout the Fred Garcia arrangement. Another easy-to-sing-along-with interpretation, the song is very relaxing and is one of my favorites in the album. Composed and sung by Cat Stevens, the song is perfect for a lazy, cool afternoon of reminiscing or just feeling the song while it plays in your player.

Of All the Things
    -one of the best arrangements so far in the album, Cezar Aguas did a fantastic job in making the Dennis Lambert hit an acoustic version. Very soothing and relaxing, any person is brought down back to memory lane upon hearing the Songbird’s interpretation. It sounds sweet, making me remember “Mahal na Mahal Kita” in the previous Covers I album because of the rareness of the sound and clearness of quality.

Longer
    - The Dan Fogelberg original was included in the medley of the R2K album of Velasquez as a bonus track and was given a more dramatic touch in Low Key. It was a bit slower (or was it just me?) and much clearer. Kudos to Bond Samson for the arrangement. This song is one of the more familiar tunes since it was released first.

At Seventeen
    -Another great arrangement by no less than Mr. Raul Mitra, the Ian Janis single was melodramatically interpreted by the Songbird. It is a Last Song Syndrome candidate, for the way Velasquez sung it was sincere and melancholic. A song that made me cry upon hearing it after two or three times, this is again another favorite in the album. It is a song frequently played in my iPod.

She’s Always a Woman to Me
    - The song Velasquez dedicated to her mother, the arrangement was slower and more dramatic than the Billy Joel original. I think I appreciate the original version but Noel Mendez was able to create the simple atmosphere the Songbird wants to portray. Very moving.

Never be the Same
    - A Christopher Cross single, it is a surprise favorite because of the sincerity once again of the vocals and the arrangement by Fred Garcia is amazing. Cross is one of my favorite music makers, making it hard for me to criticize the song objectively. cz30.gifNevertheless, I love the song, the singer and the songwriter. It’s very true and very soulful. Much like Fallin’ in the R2K album. Another favorite and another LSS song.

Strawberry Fields Forever
    - This song was one of the surprises for me. Contrary to some feedbacks to Velasquez’s version, it’s not too bad. Cezar Aguas made the acoustic version of the Beatles fit to the Songbird’s range. It was also made “continuous”, flowy and easy to listen to. I’m a Beatles fan and I appreciate the song, being one of the more familiar tunes in the album.

Weeping Willows, Cattails
    - Agreeing to the earlier reviews, this Jane Olivor original is very haunting. It reminds me of the songs One Love, the Long and Winding Road and Lost Without your love from R2K because of the arrangement. Again, Fred Garcia did his magic in the song. I think it’s perfect to listen to while walking a dark road. Very beautiful, very haunting and most of all, very moving.

Leader of the Band
    - Honestly, I don’t like the opening of this song. But Jay Durias always has his tricks in arranging the song. I love the piano and guitars of this song. As for the interpretation, the Dan Fogelberg original was given a bright and new way of listening to it. I was a bit annoyed though with the sound that makes it sound like there’s a magic effect on the song. This song is I guess dedicated to the ever- reliable Mang Gerry Velasquez.

Walk in Love
    - A current favorite, this is the song best fit to the term easy- listening. Niño Regalado created a song sincere and soulful but relaxing at the same time. You can’t help but hum along with the song. 13.gif

Clouds Across the Moon
    - The song that made me smile upon hearing it the first time. It sounds jazzy and old- school but not entirely. It’s very relaxing and the back-up vocals are wonderful. It makes my head sway, even for the first time I heard it. I don’t even know the song then! The song is very straight-forward and very sweet and loyal. Basta sobrang gandang-ganda ako sa kantang ito. It calms a tired soul. Two thumbs up for Bobby Velasco. 05.gif
    Christmas Is
    - The Jim Brickman Christmas song is the perfect senti song of the season. The arrangement is just wonderful. The only song with birit in it, it’s for those who misses the high tones of the Songbird. Besides the high tune, the song is very reminiscent and very simple. A reminder of what Christmas really is.

I cannot express myself enough when I got hold of the album for the first time. 16.gif

But seriously, it’s a memorable album, first, because it was a debut gift given by my favorite cousin, second, it was a bonding album for my mom and I. Since most of the songs are from Regine’s generation, which happens to be my mom’s era too, we always hear the songs together, and then I’d ask her about the song and the original tune of it. It sort of became a bonding time for us, making our mother- daughter bond stronger.

The most refreshing album for me, Low Key shows how Velasquez reigns, even without her powerful belting and birits, it’s worth every penny and worth the long wait of the fans and adiks, because every song is given a new tune, new to the ears, but reminiscent to everyone’s hearts.

- Mari Aven T. Perez

[/crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202450&page=148
    Regine Velasquez - The Diva Meter Reignes (part. II)

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371853
    Regine Velasquez's 15th Studio Album "LOW KEY"

thanks to lester of www.reginemultimedia.com
  • YEHEY! TAPOS NA! :bounce2:

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D
  • wwooaahh!!!! daming edit noh? bwahaahahahha ayos na ba miss t? bwahahahahha
  • ayan tapos na waaaaaaahh!! ang ganda tel isa kang henyo :lol:
  • Cute. Hehe! :D
  • oh teka kukuha lang aketch ng food sa kapit bahay!! charot! hahaha
  • eeeehhh!!! miks thank you so much haha!!!

si dian hanggang ngayon di ko makita :lol:
  • ayan tapos na waaaaaaahh!! ang ganda tel isa kang henyo :lol:
    huh?maganda? pangit nga eh! bwahahahahaha madalian!! bwahahahahah

salamat nga pala sa mga banner!! bwahahahha

dian,carla and mika! mwaaaaaaaaahh!! sila ang henyo! hahahah kegagaling na mga bata!!!
This discussion has been closed.