COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

ASYM VS. UNANG HIRIT

Kaboom!Kaboom! Administrator PExer
ASYM has more segments, gadgets, reporters, airtime, features etc. but the GMA show I think has more in studio guests and more in depth topics. They also have better looking hosts. (HeHe).

When I'm up that early, I usually just switch between the two depending on how interesting the current segments are.

Peace.

Comments

• kaboom!...
    I usually do the same thing (switch between the two). It's true that there are more "pang-hilang" hosts ang Mornings @ GMA. But I would say the shows are just the same.
  • yakultyakult ok ka ba tiyan? PExer
    as much as i'd want to be faithful to the best local channel(7), i can't help but admit that asym has a better over-all show. i mean tisha silang's jaw really turns me off. i give credit to the other hosts of mornings naman like ryan agoncillo and suzie endrata, pero i watch asym most of the time. mas maaga rin kasi nagsisimula e.
  • zyvhenthynzyvhenthyn Member PExer
    all i can say the best asym, they have so many segments, new features, and of course makabuluhan yung mga news nila.
    in fairness of [email protected], i watch it if ryan agoncillo will be the one to host the segment. guwapo kasi siya eh
  • MaviMavi Member PExer
    I watch ASYM because they are the earliest tv show to announce if classes are suspended (haha). Actually, SNN is 24 hours and really gives the latest updates.

I like [email protected] better but I get ready for work at 6:00. I also leave the house before the show starts. Wish they could make it earlier, though...
  • KRA_PENNKRA_PENN Member PExer
    i have to say alas singko y medya... but the show's ssoooooooooooooooooo long!
    as for m.a.gma, never liked the silang girl. wasn't she the girl who got disqualified in BB. pilipinas??? now, i heard that, after being inspired by ms. quiambao's victory, she wants to go to ms. u, even if it means joining the ms. usa pageant.... talk about willpower!!!!
  • AirHareAirHare Member PExer
    ASYM!
    Why? Christine Bersola! Schwing-Schwing! hehe!
  • airaaira Member PExer
    Alas Singko Y Media Na....
  • anferneeanfernee Member PExer
    I think that while these two shows are going head-to-head because of the same timeslot, there's really not much to compare. I think ASYM is geared more for the general public, while [email protected] is geared more for the business sector.

The argument about ASYM having more segments is due to the fact that it runs much longer than [email protected]

Both shows have their strengths and weaknesses, but I can't really say one is better than the other because of the aforementioned arguments.
  • fooffyloofooffyloo Member PExer
    I also switch channels every morning like Kaboom... but most of the time, I think about him first.
    Airhare: you ha! haaaaaaaaah!!!! schwing-schwing ka dyan! HAAAAAAHHH?!!?

[This message has been edited by fooffyloo (edited 09-17-1999).]
  • annann kabute PExer
    i get to watch alas 5:30 bcoz, as a lot have already pointed out, it comes on earlier ... but when i'm not rushing, i make it a pt to tune in to [email protected] for ryan ... alas 5:30 is ok for traffic reports & the human interest features, but sometimes i feel like it's 75% for kids! ... there's something lacking in [email protected] that even 2 ryan's can't fill ...
  • GenevieveGenevieve Member PExer
    I like ASYM better than Mornings, like KRA_PENN I dont like the host "Tisha Silang." Mornings is well done in a bit of a "lousy" way. ASYM has such a long hour but they're more effective bec. of the medium they're using. A lot of people watch it kasi it's more "masa" type pero hindi baduy ?
  • fReAkfReAk CPP-NPA Lost Command PExer
    i dunno... tulog pa ako ng ganung oras eh
  • Michael_CorderiMichael_Corderi Member PExer
    Grabe na talaga ang competition between ABS-CBN's Alas Singko y Medya (Gen Text) and GMA's Unang Hirit (Gen Anime). I still like the ASYM format, yun nga lang eh medyo serious lang sila....OK na sana ang Unang Hirit pero parang di na kapani-paniwala ang mga balita sa kanila because instead of being a early morning news and info program eh nagmumukha na yong parang Jay Leno or David Letterman kasi nga puro na pagpapatawa at kawalan ng.....ang ipinapakita ng mga anchors.

(Hi nga pala kay Ina Reformina...cute mo talaga :))
  • shawni2ishawni2i icko4ever PExer
    SINO BET NYO?
  • reybeldereybelde zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz PExer
    Go for the original -- ALAS SINGKO Y MEDYA!!! :)

UNANG HIRIT is more of a PATHETIC copycat and they suck big-time!!! :silly:
  • kengkongkengkong Registered User PExer
    Originally posted by reybelde
    Go for the original -- ALAS SINGKO Y MEDYA!!! :)

UNANG HIRIT is more of a PATHETIC copycat and they suck big-time!!! :silly:

Napaka-OBVIOUS naman kung anong show!!!Ewan ko ba kung bakit pa kinekwestyon!Pathetic is an apt word but "ERSATZ" is more of the correct word!
  • coffeemugcoffeemug a shot of java PExer
    hmmm...i'm trying to look at this thing with an open mind... both shows have their strong ang weak points... when it comes to the "copy cat" thing it's really hard to say kzi both networks can claim one copied something from the other...

i guess the most objective indicator of how the shows are fairing are the ratings...check the ratings... Unang Hirit is way ahead of its predecessor mornings at GMA, while ASYM's rating has steadily dropped in the recent months... while it is true that UH has not yet surpassed ASYM sa ratings, one can see na ASYM's rating only started to drop after UH was launched...

Originally posted by coffeemug
    hmmm...i'm trying to look at this thing with an open mind... both shows have their strong ang weak points... when it comes to the "copy cat" thing it's really hard to say kzi both networks can claim one copied something from the other...

i guess the most objective indicator of how the shows are fairing are the ratings...check the ratings... Unang Hirit is way ahead of its predecessor mornings at GMA, while ASYM's rating has steadily dropped in the recent months... while it is true that UH has not yet surpassed ASYM sa ratings, one can see na ASYM's rating only started to drop after UH was launched...
    cguro kaya bumababa ang rating ng ASYM kc sobrang commercialized. obviouxs na gumagawa lang sila ng pera.. pero in fairnes unbeatable pa rin para sa akin ang julius-tintin tandem.
  • coffeemugcoffeemug a shot of java PExer
    yeah, i never noticed that aspect before... but its true super comercialized na ang ASYM, munting kibot sponsored... and they don't even attempt to sugar coat that fact by using subtle pluggings instead of the regular "this portion was brought to you by" announcements...
    COME ON....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file