Home PEx International Entertainment Music Fans
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

David Cook 5.0 : He'll be GOLD for Christmas!

5Prime.jpg
(Chop courtesy of riverhorse.)
I'll be GOLD for Christmas
The record's doing great
Please no mo', of fannish woe
And worries 'bout my fate!

Christmas Eve will find me
with one half a mil
I'll be Gold for Christmas
Now will you finally CHILL??

Listen to my record,
Give it to your friends,
But fans, please don't be rabid!
We all know where that end!s

With my Hot Guitarist,
I lit up New York's tree,
Let's drink some beer, to this crazy year
And one crazy victoreeeeeeee!

(Credits to kaydeecee of DCO.)

Ho Ho Ho! Happy Holidays everyone, and Welcome Cookistas, Cookies, Word Nerds, Cookulets, Cooksters, Cookinoys and all David Cook fans of all shapes, sizes, persuasion and species! Heh.

As we start the Holiday season, David Cook The Record (aka DCTR) has been out in the market for more than 2 weeks. At the moment, 391k albums have been sold according to Nielsen Soundscan. As we approach the 3rd week, Hits Daily Double (aka HDD) predicts DCTR to sell another 80-85k copies, bringing the total to 471-476k and placing the album in the Top 10 for a 3rd straight week. No small feat, that.

Ergo, the thread title. Many of us hope that DCTR will reach GOLD status by December 20, David’s 26th birthday, the same deadline he gave himself for making it in the music industry.

5RealDeal.jpg
(Chop courtesy of riverhorse.)

Here are some of our best-loved and most frequented David Cook websites:

David Cook Official – The place to be, where all browsers lead. Also fondly referred to as “kabila”, “kabilang bahay”. Of special note here is the TWoP thread, where the snarkiest, smartest and funniest of fans gather and discuss everything and anything Cook-related under the sun. Warning though: not for light readers, as the thread runs at the speed of light. Don’t blink or else you might find pages and pages worth of backreading. Its sister, the Billboard and Soundscan thread, is also a favourite haunt for those who are curious about the numbers – charts and sales information, airplay, station adds and the like.

David Cook Livejournal community – Gives a very useful overview of Must-Know DC-related events across the internet. LJ members are a very resourceful, creative, and witty bunch. If you need or want something, ask and you will most probably get it.

The Dash (aka david-cook.org) - One of the largest and better-organized DC communities out there, this forum provides a wealth of resources for fans.

MJ’s Big Blog – aka MJs. A veritable institution for all American Idol lovers, MJ keeps tabs on all things Idol. Naturally, that also means keeping track of AI winners. MJ gives up to date information on Idol news and appearances, as well as sales and chart information.

DavidCookOnline(dot)Net Gallery - Screencaps and HQ photos galore. Enough said.

Rock It Til You Drop It - An extensive David Cook gallery filled with tons of screencaps, scans and photos.

Wordnerd Media - A treasure trove of videos and audio files, from the AI days to the present (although lately it has not been updated as frequently).

David Cook Links:

Wiki page
MySpace
Facebook
IMEEM page
RCA page
Official Youtube Channel

For your reference, in case you would like to go back and reminisce, or in the case of newbies, if you’d like to look into our history:

David Cook 1.0 The True Rocker of AI7: David Cook : Where it all started. Midway through American Idol season 7, David Cook already had a strong, vocal following whom he earned through sheer talent and hard work, but at the time it was a well-known fact that he was not the Chosen One. All through the thread, more and more fans joined in the fray, dedicated enough to log in hundreds and hundreds of votes from across cyberspace. By the end of the thread, we already had our American Idol.

David Cook 2.0 Consider Yourselves Cookified! : Where we ooh’d and aah’d over DC’s American Idol tour performances, awaited developments and news about his upcoming album – the label (RCA), producer (Rob Cavallo), collaborators (too many to mention, see Wiki) -- and marvelled at that sneaky little Magic Rainbow which has since then turned into Platinum Rainbow.

David Cook 3.0 Thread Still Untitled, Just Like His Album : Where we talked about the then much-anticipated yet-untitled debut album.

David Cook 4.0 `Cause we love, and we bleed, and we stole his soul to set him free: Where anticipation for the debut album was at its height, and where album release day finally came. It took us only a little over a month to finish the thread.

Ok, enough with the introduction, let's get it on!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.