GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

Kailangan ng Saklolo | Biglaang Tanong (Opisyal na Sinulid : Pag-aaruga)

vioxyvioxy Member PExer
edited May 22 in Pinoy Nursing
GOOD DAY to all. i would like to ask for some tips or a piece of advice regarding the panel interview at PGH..pls...another is..i read that you have to work in the hospital for a minimum of 3 years, is it true? do you really have to stay for 3 years.or you can resign after 2 years of working.. i know it's kinda of a selfish attitude..but i think 3 years is a bit long..pls.help.thank you.:depressed:

Comments

• bjmanabatbjmanabat Member PExer
    ang balita strict daw ang prc ngayon for doctors who want to take up nursing and also there is a pending bill in congress which actually bans doctors from taking a nursing degree. what's your opinion PEXers???
  • vinta18vinta18 What the frell?!? PExer
    While the prospect of medical doctors taking an undergrad course just to be able to gain employment abroad sounds really sad, no one should be banning anything from anyone. It's their choice if they want to swallow their pride and wash American asses.

If indeed some congressman filed a bill, then methinks that bill will be trashed because it is unconstitutional.
  • froshie_facefroshie_face froshie no more... PExer
    i don't you should disallow doctors from taking up nursing. doctors (or anyone for that matter) has the right to choose what they want to take up.
  • bjmanabatbjmanabat Member PExer
    the reason they are giving for banning doctors to take up nursing is to protect and save the country of good doctors who are going abroad especially the u.s. i think the bottom line is that the government should give a better incentives to doctors here in terms of salaries, benefits etc. for them to stay.
  • blearghbleargh please repeat the question PExer
    democracy man!
  • draegerdraeger Member PExer
    it's not only the financial aspect why a lot of doctors take up nursing courses. POLITICS and the government per se contribute to a huge chunk in the decision process. a lot of well-established doctors with mind-boggling income still opt to study nursing. why? its definitely not the salaries in dollars they are after, most of them just want to get out of the country fast.

banning doctors to take up nursing? I think they should ban criminals taking up elective posts first before they train their eyes on those doctors.
  • clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by bjmanabat
    the reason they are giving for banning doctors to take up nursing is to protect and save the country of good doctors who are going abroad especially the u.s. i think the bottom line is that the government should give a better incentives to doctors here in terms of salaries, benefits etc. for them to stay.

so are you saying "sa pilipinas ka lang or nothing?"

how shallow & moronic. having an MD then going to be an RN isn't an easy decision to make.

if the hospitals & the government can supply those "good" doctors with their needs then there's no case to be bitching about at all.

they better give those doctors what they need or else they might just end up looking like some cheap unattended hospital.

so, how many exactly are those doctors that are taking up nursing now that the "government" is so concerned of?

so, it all boils down to money is everything, i once thought that we are here to be educated & give back to the community. that is life for us. :P
  • eyedoceyedoc Member PExer
    That would really be unconstitutional. In the first place, the government didn't sponsor my becoming a doctor. My parents did. And I paid my dues. I'm sure that it's like that for most other doctors.

Although I have no immediate or even long term plan to take up nursing just to be able to leave the Philippines, I believe that it's a choice that the individual must make, be it for economic or other reasons.

Most of us entered medicine with idealistic and lofty ambitions of "serving humanity". However, when struggling with a new practice at 30+ years of age and with a growing family...one is sometimes forced to discard idealism and go for practicality.

Furthermore, newer government taxes (VAT aside from annual ITR) and policies make it even more difficult to practice medicine AND earn a decent living.

The government has to think of how to make the doctors stay with better incentives and benefits.
  • baby_docbaby_doc Member PExer
    doctors working as nurses abroad may be sad, but it's a reality that we have to face.

as long as they are willing to undergo everything that the regular students are willing to go thru to become nurses, bakit hindi? nag eexam din sila ng prc, cgfns, nclex. nag school din sila.

i have friends who have left their practice to become nurses abroad. they have their reasons. it's not all about the pay. hindi mo sila masisi. choice nila yon.

i think the harder decision to make is the decision to stay. being a doctor is like any job- kailangan may job satisfaction ka. otherwise mag resign ka na lang di ba?

hindi ako nag nursing. ok pa ako na doctor ako. kaya lang minsan nakakapagod na.
  • ChicagoPinoyChicagoPinoy student for life PExer
    They should ban these movie stars from holding public office first....DUH!
  • Mickey2000Mickey2000 TheFoodBlogger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mickey.gifHell no! kahit nga magulang eh hindi dapat pakealaman ang anak kung anong kurso ang gusto,lalo na kung sa ikakabuti naman nito,yung mga doctor na nag na nurse, hindi mo rin masisisi,dahil habang buhay silang nag-aaral at gumagastos pero hindi sapat yung kinikita nila,samantalang ang nurse,4 yrs lang tapos ka na, pagdating pa dito sa states,laki agad ng sweldo mo.
  • sgrebssgrebs Member PExer
    just some queries, is it really possible for doctors to be good nurses? firstly, they have been trained for years to manage illnesses of patients, so would they be objective enough in carrying out orders from their doctors? mamaya nyan, pakialaman pa nila yung pagmanage sa pasyente, even subconsciously. also, aren't they too old na to imbibe the "tending loving care" that nurses are trained to give to patients? unless they took up nursing as a pre-med siguro.

probably our doc pexers above could share their thoughts on these...
    They will have to...if they want to succeed in their chosen 2nd field. Also, doctors really go through a period of "following orders" from more senior doctors during the period of training, so a younger doctor would probably more flexible in this regard.

I remember the times when I don't agree with some of the attending doctor's way of managing a patient, then shrug and say, "sige, pasyente naman niya yan". Now, looking back, the attending doctor would probably know better since he knows the whole medical history of the patient, unlike the resident/intern, na ngayon lang nakita ang pasyente. :)

Ganun ka rin pag doctor-turned-into-nurse ka na...remember that the attending really knows more, and it's his patient, so follow ka lang...but you can probably suggest. :)
  • ReDParo2ReDParo2 Member PExer
    NOOO!!

Bket naman may discrimination against doctors? I mean kung brain drain din lng naman excuse nila bket sa ibang professions naman wlang ganyang restrictions?

Kung may magagandang opportunities ba naman dito e... e kaso nga wla. These people have mouths to feed also.. laki rin ng investment nila for their studies so they have to get some form of return naman noh... and they won't be able to do that if they're stuck here.

now i'm not saying that it's not a sad thing that our doctors (and other professionals) are seeking jobs elsewhere. pero what can we do? the filipino people didn't send them to school. their parents did. now there are people who really love the country so much that they are willing to sacrifice bigger monetary compensation for national interest. that's okay. very noble. pero leaving the country itself is not the problem. it is but a symptom of the problem, the structural inefficiencies in this country. eto ang dapat lutasin. panahon na para palitan ang butas na bubong nde puro tapal tapal lng. para sementuhan ang mga kalsada, nde puro aspalto lng.

hmm.. grabe election na naman. hehe.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    At the risk of being unconstitutional, I think they should start limiting the number of nurses leaving the country...

The Philippines is already running out of competent nurses...

It makes me apprehensive to think that in the unfortunate event that I or any of my loved ones get hospitalized, we'll be stuck with the dregs of the nursing industry...
  • tyanak_metyanak_me Banned By Admin PExer
    no, the philippines is not short of competent nurses. we have too many of 'em. when you say 'short', you're implying there's a job available for every qualified nurse in the country. this is not true.
  • advancementadvancement Banned by Admin PExer
    ang tanong eh "puwede" bang ipagbawal? hindi.
  • miller31miller31 Member PExer
    answer: no.
    Originally posted by Ice Burn
    At the risk of being unconstitutional, I think they should start limiting the number of nurses leaving the country...

The Philippines is already running out of competent nurses...

It makes me apprehensive to think that in the unfortunate event that I or any of my loved ones get hospitalized, we'll be stuck with the dregs of the nursing industry...

If you knew how much nurses make here, you wouldn't say that. Kailangan din nilang sumuporta ng kani kanilang pamilya at buhay.

This country's public health care support system is so bad that nurses are looking for "greener pastures" abroad. Doctors too.

I still say that instead of LIMITING the outflow of nurses by forcing them to stay here, the government should give more benefits to them. Government/rural doctors too.

Come to think of it, teachers too. Umaalis na rin ang competent teachers because they need to earn more.

If you will just tell the doctors/nurses/teachers etc.: "di kayo pwedeng umalis, dito lang kayo pwede", do you think people will still take those courses? Napakalimited naman ng options nila. In the long run, we'll eventually still have a shortage of those professionals.

Also, don't think naman that the ones who left are the dregs. Sobra naman yan. They did go through training, and whether by choice or by circumstance, they have stayed behind. Hindi naman lahat ng umalis, da best na (the hospitals don't see how they work before hiring, basta may nakuhang experience at pumasa, ok na), and hindi lahat ng naiwan, palpak na nurses. I've encountered many good nurses na di naman umalis. But, of course, pag napilitan na....
  • definitely no :no:
    it's their right to education. m a physical therapist but m now taking up nursing, dapat practical tayo ngayon.
    it takes a lot of guts sa mga doctors to take up nursing because obviously mas mataas ang doctor sa mga nurses but they have to swallow their pride in order to take that course amidst negative feedback from friends who are against it.
    let's put it this way, kapag malakas ulan and sira na ang umbrella mo, you have to buy a new one to protect you from getting wet. :umbrella: so if your salary is not enough to feed your family, you need to decide and be ready to make a career shift just to keep up with the expenses. that's why i salute doctors who are ready to do that, for me that is selflessness. bow ako sa inyo! :handsdown:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file