Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

AZEUS Systems [M]

PinaTigaSPinaTigaS PExer
edited August 2019 in The Working Filipino
if you got info, please post, i'm interested in the company. tnx

Comments

• Are you from DLSU?
  • bakit mo tinatanong kung taga DLSU sya? prefered ba nila mga taga dun?? buti pa sila, kung sabagay magagaling naman sila pero may magagaling din naman sa ibang schools ah, like ateneo and UP hehehe
  • Originally posted by makatas
    bakit mo tinatanong kung taga DLSU sya? prefered ba nila mga taga dun?? buti pa sila, kung sabagay magagaling naman sila pero may magagaling din naman sa ibang schools ah, like ateneo and UP hehehe

hi makatas, i'm a former azeus employee, and i believe they don't have preferences for DLSU grads (i'm not from DLSU :) ) but i think they prefer hiring from the Ateneo, DLSU and UP - in no particular order. :D
  • Originally posted by Jennifer
    Are you from DLSU?

yup :D bakit jen plaz? :D
  • Originally posted by makatas
    bakit mo tinatanong kung taga DLSU sya? prefered ba nila mga taga dun?? buti pa sila, kung sabagay magagaling naman sila pero may magagaling din naman sa ibang schools ah, like ateneo and UP hehehe

cool ka lang makatas, may kutob lang si Jennifer na taga-DLSU ako, kasi dlsu rin yan :D
  • Originally posted by battleangel
    hi makatas, i'm a former azeus employee, and i believe they don't have preferences for DLSU grads (i'm not from DLSU :) ) but i think they prefer hiring from the Ateneo, DLSU and UP - in no particular order. :D

info please :D gusto ko lang malaman ...
    a.) stimulating ba yung working environment in terms of relationship with co-workers
    b.) latest software technology ba yung ginagamit at ini-implement sa projects
    c.) kung marami ba akong matututunan in terms of the variety of projects that will be given to me/group.

* you don't have to mention salary and other stuff, ito lang talaga yung concerns ko. actually medyo kinabahan ako nung nabasa ko na "former" employee ka dun. hindi ko na lang itatanong kung bakit :D

• Originally posted by PinaTigaS
    info please :D gusto ko lang malaman ...
    a.) stimulating ba yung working environment in terms of relationship with co-workers
    b.) latest software technology ba yung ginagamit at ini-implement sa projects
    c.) kung marami ba akong matututunan in terms of the variety of projects that will be given to me/group.

* you don't have to mention salary and other stuff, ito lang talaga yung concerns ko. actually medyo kinabahan ako nung nabasa ko na "former" employee ka dun. hindi ko na lang itatanong kung bakit :D

kinabahan ka? may i ask why? :D ok, let me answer the questions as objectively as i can, from someone who worked there for a long time before transferring to another company. but i can only speak about my experiences while i was there. i'm sure and i've heard that a lot of changes have happened since i left the company.

a) stimulating ba yung environment? that depends on your definition of "stimulating." well, during my time there the people were quite "tahimik". there were a few funny people but most of them left, too. to be honest, there were days that would go on without any interaction from other co-workers, unless they're teammates. because the nature of the work there is pretty much autonomous, there's really not much need for interaction. i can say that now because in my current job, a lot more people are talking to each other. but they're good people naman. :D

b) when i left the main software development tools they were using were Delphi, VB and Oracle. i think they're into Java now but most of their projects at the time were in Delphi. They already have built components that you use when implementing their projects. So it's more of using those components for the project than "building" a project from scratch. Delphi and VB are easy to use since they're visual, 4GL languages. i don't think you'll have a hard time. one more thing pala, they're quite serious about deadlines, esp. the guys from hk.

c) in terms of responsibility, there's a lot to be learned. it's not difficult to be "promoted" to a team or project leader. from simple coding, you will be involved in design, coordination, testing, etc. they also have the last say on what projects you will be involved in. i noticed that the trend was for the guys to be involved in the more technical stuff like investigation of new software development tools to be used, while the girls were involved in cooordination and testing. the only downside is your market value will not increase much compared to other companies because you're stuck using that kind of technology. i have a few friends who were seniors in azeus who had a hard time finding a job they wanted, both locally and in other countries because the skills they learned were not enough. the responsibilities and experience were ok, it's the tools they're using that's not as "marketable" as others. if you want to stay in azeus forever, that's no problem, but it doesn't make you too flexible for further career advancement in other companies.
  • hmm, medyo surprised ako nung sinabi mo na "tahimik" yung workplace, considering na iilan lang yung employees dun (50 something ba?). anyway, i'm concerned dun sa sinabi mo na some of your friends had a hard time looking for a job they wanted because their skills were not enough. i'm very particular about getting "competitive" skills not just locally but also abroad. tsaka gusto ko sana may impact talaga yung gagawin ko para sa company unlike dun sa pinag-practicuman ko nung summer, meron dun dlsu grad 2 years na sya sa company tapos yung work nya parang hindi masyado minamadali, or hindi ganun ka important for the company. siguro yung ginagawa nya para lang ma-streamline yung routine work dun, other than that, the company is sure to move on even without him. you know what i mean? kasi i'm just a graduating student and i plan to work for 2 years then take my masters. eh dun sa 2 years na yun i want to maximize everything para wala talagang masayang. kung baga "learn as much as possible" time talaga para sa kin yun. nonetheless, i'm still interested with the company. eh one more thing pa pala, do they take trainees there? kasi i was wondering why they called me up so soon eh nilagay ko dun sa resume ko ang graduation ko october 2001 pa. tapos kaya ako kinabahan dun sa "former" kasi baka may bad experience ka with the company, eh ganado pa naman sana ako :p anyway, thanks ulit sa info :D
  • PinaTigaS: i don't think you should generalize that it would be harder to find a job in another company after being in azeus. i just know some friends who did have a hard time. however, there were also those who were able to find jobs both in the phils. and abroad. in fact, there are a lot of azeus alumni in the US already. :)

i guess it boils down to what you've experienced during your stay. some are lucky to be involved in good projects and in learning skills that are needed in other companies, and some are not. my advice for you is to make as much as you can of your stay there if you decide to go to azeus.

about being involved in a project with a big impact on the company, i think that all of their projects are big enough. their main client is the hong kong government, and they have already developed several systems for hk. so i don't think you'll be involved in non-consequential tasks, unless, of course, you're currently not in a project. it would do you good to ask during your interview what kind of projects they do right now and to express your desire to work in projects that would enhance your competitive skills.

i'm not sure if they take in trainees...maybe they called you up this soon coz' they're really interested in you. :D

don't be discouraged by my post. i stayed there for quite some time and i enjoyed my stay there. it's just that after a time i felt that i needed to move on and learn new things. and staying there longer would not give me the experience i wanted at that point.

well, good luck to you. :)
  • Yung tanong ko kung taga DLSU sya eh hindi dahil gusto kong i-imply na mas preferred ng AZEUS ang mga taga-DLSU. Wala po akong sinasabing ganun.

Kaya ko tinanong kung taga-DLSU s'ya kasi baka ka-batch ko s'ya at ka-college ko at dahil nung job fair sa amin, nag company talk ang AZEUS sa school and very few people attended. Ngayon, kung nalaman nya na may company talk ang AZEUS, eh di sana hindi na sya nagtatanong tungkol sa AZEUS ngayon.

And since kilala mo naman pala ako Pinatigas, siguro kilala rin kita.

Ang masasabi ko lang sa AZEUS, based on the talk, medyo challenging yung work dun. Pero bago ka pa makapag-trabaho dun, eh talagang sinasala ng mga taga-AZEUS ang pumapasok sa company nila dahil talagang madibdiban ang exam nila. Kung sa iba hindi mo na kelangan mag-review para sa exam nila, sa AZEUS kailangan mo mag-review.

Alamo ba, ang reaction ng ibang tao kapag AZEUS yung sinabi mo, sinasabi nila "naku, pang matalino lang yan"... ewan ko kung totoo pero nung nakita ko yung mga pumunta sa school from AZEUS, eh yung mga talino people from the upperbatch sila.

Hindi naman ako nang-didiscourage. Tingin ko'y okay naman dun, pero tingin ko rin eh, pag trabaho dun, trabaho talaga. Hindi pwede yung katulad sa atin na ultimong nagti-thesis na eh sige, sobrang lax pa rin. Dun siguro, pag sinabing may deadline na ganito, eh dapat ma-meet mo yung deadline.

Medyo nakaka-intimidate nga pag narinig mo yung isang nagsalita nung company talk eh...

Huwag sanang ma-misinterpret ang mga sinabi ko dito dahil ito'y ayon lamang sa narinig ko... eh alam naman ninyo, may pagka-bingi ako.. :D
  • At OO, mga biggie yung projects na hinahandle ni AZEUS, gaya nung nasabi na, main client nila ang government ng Hong Kong, kaya talagang biggie ang projects.

Saka pag ni-interview ka dun, ang tanong eh, kung kaya mo bang gumawa ng mga prototype ng mga choo choo tapos may time limit.. mga ganun...

Parang scary no?! :D
  • Mga 40 lang ata sila ngayon sa company eh.
  • Can I get the whole company's address and website if any? I have some training on the JAVA language and I am in need of projects right now or a job first as a JAVA programmer although I admit I need practice and what better practice than to get projects to see if I can get better at it. =)
  • Here's the address:

Azeus Systems Philippines, Inc.
    2901B West Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange Centre
    Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel. Nos: 637-5960 to 62

You can email them at:

[email protected]

If you want, I can fax to you their application form. :)
  • Ever heard of the company? My friend would probably be working for them. I just want to know a little background of the company. Thanks!
  • Yes, I think they've been around for sometime and, IIRC, they are a Delphi shop.

They have a website at http://www.azeus.com
  • What's a Delphi company?
  • Originally posted by Renee
    What's a Delphi company?
    A company that uses Borland Delphi for creating enterprise applications. I use Delphi myself and I tend to remember companies that use it too.

http://www.borland.com/delphi/
  • My brother works there. The work is tough, with lots of overtime! But he's learning a lot, and the pay is not bad either.

They're not exclusively Delphi.
  • my friend works there... and he's very bored already... hehe :D