Side Effects of Vaccines

Mommies help! I'm traumatized whenever my son gets his vaccine. Parating loss of appetite ang side effect and it would last for more than 4 days to a week. Ayaw kumain and mag milk kahit .5oz! So what we do is dreamfeed him para hind naman mamayat.

Do u guys experience this too? What do u do to prevent this? A friend of mine suggested to give Tempra to prevent side effects. Have you tried that?

Comments

• LolitaLolita Member PExer
    Hi Khatrin.

We haven't experienced this and hopefully never. My baby is only 3 weeks old and she had her BCG a week ago. Anung vaccine ba ang binigay sa son mo?

Ang pagkaalam ko may side effects daw yung mga 5-in-1 vaccines. My friend who resides in the US blames the 5-in-1 vaccines for the mild autism of her son. Nanghina daw kasi and naging less active daw yung anak nya after the vaccine. I don't know how true ang side effects na ito.
  • firefoxxxfirefoxxx Running is my GAME! PExer
    ^totoo ba yun na may side effect yng mga 5 in 1 vaccines?last saturday may vaccine yung 2 months old ko na baby 6 in 1 wala naman ako nakikitang side effect as of now...hindi naman siya umiyak ng umiyak or ayaw dumede..next vaccine niya is rotavirus
    firefoxxx, di ko nga rin sure. Haka-haka yan. Sa US madami nang parents ang nag-demanda sa mga pedia nila because they claim na may side-effect daw yung mga 5-in-1/6-in-1 vaccines.
  • lelandleland pineapple head PExer
    I asked my baby's pedia about the combo vaccines because my son never got one (he's now 14 months old). The pedia said the 5-in-1 vaccine (diptheria, tetanus, polio, pertussis and haemophilus) was approved in the US only this year. By the time of the FDA approval, my baby had already been given the shots. Yun daw 3-in-1 for chicken pox and something else, ni-recall ng US FDA.

Jenny McCarthy (former MTV VJ and present gf of Jim Carrey) is one celebrity who's very vocal about believing that the MMR vaccine caused her son's autism. If you search for this issue, you'll find convincing arguments from both sides.

I believe there is a thread on vaccinations, baka na-discuss na ang ganitong issues.
  • lovelykacelovelykace ilongganatunay PExer
    leland wrote: »
    I asked my baby's pedia about the combo vaccines because my son never got one (he's now 14 months old). The pedia said the 5-in-1 vaccine (diptheria, tetanus, polio, pertussis and haemophilus) was approved in the US only this year. By the time of the FDA approval, my baby had already been given the shots. Yun daw 3-in-1 for chicken pox and something else, ni-recall ng US FDA.

Jenny McCarthy (former MTV VJ and present gf of Jim Carrey) is one celebrity who's very vocal about believing that the MMR vaccine caused her son's autism. If you search for this issue, you'll find convincing arguments from both sides.

I believe there is a thread on vaccinations, baka na-discuss na ang ganitong issues.

my baby is now 20 months and at first i hesitated to have her vaccinated with mmr at 12 months old. 2 months ago she had another mmr vaccination and she has no reactions naman. she is still active ,smart little girl. yong autism maybe genes is a factor, too. the child's immunity system may also be a reason. i read that baby boys have more tendency to become autistic than girls, i dont know why.
  • firefoxxxfirefoxxx Running is my GAME! PExer
    whoah! scary naman yan! for sure naman hindi naman gagawa ang mga pedia na ikakapahamak ng mga babies naten kase sila din kawawa pag dinemanda sila ng mga patients nila dba, and for sure nagkaroon na din sila ng meeting or nabalitaan din nila yung news about sa mga vaccines na combo that causes autism wala pa naman ako nababalitaan sa mga friends or relatives namin ni Hubby bout sa effects ng combo vaccines.

anyways, next year next check up ni baby i ask na lang my pedia.
    :)
    leland, I also read in the web that MMR causes autism is just a coincidence daw. Yung schedule daw kasi ng MMR is the almost the same age of babies wherein autism is commonly diagnosed.

firefoxxx, hindi pa kasi 100% sure that vaccines such as MMR causes autism. Theory palang. So until now, it is still given by pedias. Sabi nga sa isang website, mas malaki ang chance na magkasakit ang baby mo if not given the vaccines as compared to the slim chance na maging autistic ang anak mo.

You may click on this link which talks about the MMR vaccine controversy.
  • lelandleland pineapple head PExer
    I got a little scared when I saw a feature on Jenny McCarthy's autism fight (Larry King Live). A little paranoia is good for me because I was forced to educate myself not only with MMR but other immunizations as well. Before kasi I never bothered to read the literature that the pedia gave me after each well-check.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file