Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Male Celebrities

CHRIS CAYZER - The Acoustic Heartthrob

When Chris Cayzer was only 16 years old, he’s a typical teenage boy who spends more than half of his day everyday gimmicking and playing video games. On his birthday, his dad bought him a guitar and the rest is history. Chris Cayzer is now a singer and a songwriter and starting to make a name for himself in the world of showbiz. Last year, he released his self-titled album with the Lisa Loeb’s cover “Stay” as his first single.

Here’s an article about “Chris Cayzer: John Mayer’s counterpart?” - By ANTONETTE VALDEZ–PUA

Born and raised in Australia, Chris admitted that he is more open and expressive like the Aussies but he made it clear that he has every Filipinos values intact in his system since both his parents are Filipinos.

“My mom is Zamboangueña while my dad is from Manila so I am pure Filipino. They met when my dad went to Zamboanga to study at Ateneo. But since they speak chabacano (spoken dialect in Zamboanga) at home I never learned to speak Tagalog fluently,” Chris explained.

Right after graduating from high school, Chris packed his bags and left for the Philippines to continue his tertiary education here. He is currently enrolled at the Southville International School in Parañaque and with a Filipino subject included in his curriculum, hes hoping to get a good grasp of the language very soon.

Aside from school, Chris is preparing for a bar tour come September in connection with the promotion of his album which has the carrier single “I Got You.” Chris wrote the said song and another one titled “Holding Out.”

Both “I Got You” and “Holding Out” were Chriss entrées to the Gilhooleys Songwriting Competition held at an Irish bar in Australia three years ago. He landed second place in the said competition.

“I was 16 at the time of the contest, the youngest among the participants,” he shared.

“I Got You” tells about a guy forgetting the character of a girl that he once loved but recognizing her soul while “Holding Out” is about wanting to get close to a girl.

“At 19, Ive never been in love but I feel it thats why Im able to write about it. I think the inspiration for writing just comes to you if you put your heart into it. I know of a lot of artists whove never been in love yet write beautiful songs. Carol King is one,” rationalized Chris.

Matching his writing and singing skills is his flare for the guitar. Chris considers John Mayer as one of his greatest influences and hopes that his music would reach a wide scope of people the way Mayers has.

“Music comes from the past and through the years it has developed so I guess my music is a mix of everything. I love John Mayers songs and Im glad to know that Filipinos here love cover songs so they could sing along with me.”

At the Aruba Bar, Chris constantly kept the audiences attention on him as he performed with The Elements band a number of songs from John Mayers album before singing cuts from his own.

For his album though, Chris only did one revival entitled “Stay,” a song originally performed by Lisa Loeb. Other mustlistento tracks from his album are “Midsummer Love Affair,” “Dream Away” and “All I Dream About.”

Although music is categorically Chriss first priority, he also finds himself drawn to acting and disc jockeying ever since joining show business.

“Music always comes first in my heart, second would come DJ and acting would come as third priority,” he cleared.

Comments

• His now part of SOP Every sunday and Also part of Gma Family, kasi nasa GMA KAPUSO XMAS STATION ID na siya
  • :wave: UP!! 4 CHRIS CAYZER

Meron narin siyang Thread

Thanks sa pag Gawa ng Thread

I like him too

I saw him first sa Movie ni John LOyd and Bea?

Kasama niya si Sam sa Banda?

Napanood ko lang sa TV! hehe

Tapos some of his Vid Napanood ko rin!

Yun Tapos Nasa SOP siya,

Sana Every Sun sa SOP kana.
  • MayJen wrote: »
    His now part of SOP Every sunday and Also part of Gma Family, kasi nasa GMA KAPUSO XMAS STATION ID na siya

:wave: Hello, Nakita ko nga siya sa Gma Xmas Id, Kaso nakayuko siya kasmaa yung kid, sayang nga e hindi nafocus masyado yung face niya, ang singkit ng mata niya! Cutie :)

Yap Kasama siya nila Aljur and Dennis :)

Compare to the two! lol

siya talaga yung Accoustic singer :)
  • ang cute niyang kumanta at ang kulit sumayaw sa sop..

kala ko dati anak siya ni francis m. magkahawig kasi sila..
  • hello po..hehe..

di ba po dati syang taga abs-cbn?..
    hehe..lumipat na din pala sya..hehe..
    good for him...para ma expose din sya..hehe..=)
  • enky wrote: »
    mas napansin siya ngayon ng nasa sop na siya

hehe..oo nga eh...:bop::lol:
  • enky wrote: »
    mas napansin siya ngayon ng nasa sop na siya

didnt even know ABS let him go... does this mean no more Chris on Myx P.I.?

sucks... what a talented guy that ABS let go... while they continue to support Jay R Siaboc... :bop:
  • +100 SurferDude08. You hit the nail right on the head :bop:

I'm sure wala na si chris sa MYX P.I.
  • I like him! welcome to Gma 7 Chris Cayzer
  • MayJen wrote: »
    fgmn.jpg
    gjm.jpg

GWAPO hihi :bashful: pajoin. ehehe.

UP na to. :macho:
  • photosmart wrote: »
    +100 SurferDude08. You hit the nail right on the head :bop:

I'm sure wala na si chris sa MYX P.I.

he's still on MYX P.I.

just saw him like last week with co-vj Malaya. they were shooting the show in Aguinaldo Shrine and Island Cove

and the week before that with another vj, amber at some island. i forget which one

the following pictures courtesy of the myx pi website...
    hold%20it!%20hold%20it!.jpg
    first%20island.jpg
  • :macho:
    :macho:
  • sana lagay pa kayo ng mga pics ni chris if meron!

tom sop! andoon siya.. sana tom may accoustic prod sila nila aljur
  • hehe parang sobrnag liit ng eyes niya.. kasi!
    pero cutie siya, fave ko sila ni Aljur sa Accoustic Prod.

sana nga 2m sa sop meron

Goodluck Cayzer
  • SkyAngeL wrote: »
    hehe parang sobrnag liit ng eyes niya.. kasi!
    pero cutie siya, fave ko sila ni Aljur sa Accoustic Prod.

sana nga 2m sa sop meron

Goodluck Cayzer

uu nga sana meron tom..pag wala kasi sa accoustic sa opening lang siya
  • last sun asa All star k pala siya, twice na siyang guest don :D
  • 042508-ChrisK02.jpg

After arriving in the country three years ago from Australia, singer actor Chris Cayzer finally has a place of his own. “Now I have my own place in Katipunan.All my friends are like, ‘Why are you living alone? Sayang ang pera mo,’ (laughs) But you know, if you’ve got people who support you like your management and friends, it’s alright. I’ve made a lot of good friends here. I’m a laidback kind of guy, as people can see,” he shares.

Among his barkada in showbiz are fellow singers Kris Lawrence, Chad Peralta, and The Kitty Girls. “We just do what normal people like to do. We just go out, hang out… Because we have music in common, that’s the universal language. It’s easy to make friends in the music industry here because I could just get out my guitar and everyone would just get together [to play]. We understand each other better through that,” he says.

After his last TV stint as Sarah Geronimo’s band mate in Bituing Walang Ningning, Chris decided to focus on his music career. Among his idols in the industry are Gary Valenciano, Erik Santos, Vina Morales, and Piolo Pascual. “I really respect everyone in the industry because everyone’s trying to do their best and that’s something everyone should respect. Especially me, since I’m going through it as well,” he explains.

The 21-year-old cutie also wants to make another album in the near future. “I’m trying to break into the digital scene and that’s why I think it’s good that I’m also a MYX global VJ right now. I’m trying to market my way to the States. But more so over here,” he adds.

Chris also admits that he misses acting as well. “I hope, if given the chance, I could try out a different kind of role out just to test out my acting skills. I’ve already finished acting workshop courses. If given the chance, I’ll give it my all in my next acting project,” he concludes.