Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

URGENT: US VIsa Inquiry

my father has a valid multiple entry visa which is expiring on december... he is planning to leave on november for his vacation. can he still use it or should the visa needs to be valid for 6 or 3 months before travel? tnx...

Comments

• I believe the visa should be valid for at least 6 months at the time of travel. You might want to visit the US Embassy to verify this.
  • honeybeahoneybea PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    okay lang ito....kahit nga yung visa is expiring on the day you are about to leave the philippines pwede pa din basta straight flight ang sakyan mo kasi ang dating mo pa din naman dun sa us same date lang ng alis mo sa pinas....

example lang:
    oct.8 ang visa expiry, alis ka ng PI ng Oct 8 ang dating mo pa din sa West Coast Oct. 8.....wag nga lang magka-aberya ang flight like madelay...kasi siguradong sabit ka nun.
    paggi10 wrote: »
    I believe the visa should be valid for at least 6 months at the time of travel. You might want to visit the US Embassy to verify this.

passports should be valid at least 6 months pero when it comes to US visas hindi ...the US embassy sometimes issues visas valid for just 1 month lang
  • cxmpccxmpc PEx Rookie ⭐
    honeybea is correct. All Visas are valid for entry till expiry.
    Visa's expiry is for the last day/date that you can enter that particular country and not (as some would think) the last day/date you can stay.
  • thanks honeybea for the correction ;)
    no problemo....am always happy to share my inputs :)
  • @honeybea.

i'm planning to have a vacation sa pinas this coming feb or mar but the thing is my phil passport is valid 'til 24jun. so technically i'll be travelling on less than six months passport. pero mag-stay lang naman ako sa pinas ng mga 2weeks then balik na ulit sa us. pwede ba ito? thanks sa input guys!!!! cheerss!!!!
  • SuPeR_MaNSuPeR_MaN PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    @honeybea.

i'm planning to have a vacation sa pinas this coming feb or mar but the thing is my phil passport is valid 'til 24jun. so technically i'll be travelling on less than six months passport. pero mag-stay lang naman ako sa pinas ng mga 2weeks then balik na ulit sa us. pwede ba ito? thanks sa input guys!!!! cheerss!!!!

hindi na ito pwede, baka ma-airport to airport ka lang.
  • SuPeR_MaNSuPeR_MaN PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    my father has a valid multiple entry visa which is expiring on december... he is planning to leave on november for his vacation. can he still use it or should the visa needs to be valid for 6 or 3 months before travel? tnx...

pwede ito, ang important is yung I-94. kahit mag-expire yung visa mo within the US, and valid pa ang I-94 mo, you're still in status.

you don't have to create a separate thread for your inquiry. you can just post it an the US Visa help thread.
    @honeybea.

tutal naman next year pa ang vacation mo...eh di i-renew mo na muna,you still have more than 4 months...mahirap kasing mag-take ng risk...just like what superman posted...baka ma-a to a ka lang.