Home PEx Campus San Beda College

Bedan Education- How did help you find a Job?

We sometimes see the top 3 or top 4 universities given preference by employers. In your opinion or experience, how did your Bedan Education help you land that job?

Comments

• Naku 76 views na pero wala pa ding comments - ok il start just like any reputable-good school it is the companies that go to Colleges like SBC they do recruitment in school. Just not sure with the regular ordinary reputable schools. Now pagdating sa ads everybody is given a fare chance to be interviewed - siguro sa personality na lang talaga nagkakatalo. You may not know it but being part of the top3 or top 4 universities SOMETIMES have its drawbacks. Meron na silang Negative impression with the top U's. Na they will just go shopping for companies and will not really stick it out. Kaya nga minsan there is what my boss calls REVERSE DISCRIMINATION- pag galing sa sosyalin na school at conyotic schools medyo very ALLERGIC ang ibang companies. Sa SBC naman no such reputation - discrimination only happens when the top bosses really choose applicants from a particular school.

Eto true story that happened to our department. Yung isang guy from SBC simple guy lang talaga but better looking and more refined applied and this other guy from the top3-4 U. Both got accepted in our department but the guy from SBC was given the liason position because he had the better personality and more outgoing compared to the other one who came from the more exclusive U. The SBC guy had siguro the right personality compared to the a little bit geeky guy - and medyo mas simple lang kasi siya.

Siguro mas sikat yung tiga U but daanin mo siguro pa sa charm and better expression - you will get the position you are aiming for.
  • To be honest its not like us Bedans to flaunt what we have or to be brash and arrogant. That would explain why many of us don't feel comfortable posting in a thread like this on a topic like this one in an environment like this forum. Hindi tayo mayabang

Pero ito lang ang masasabi ko after I passed the CPA board exam with flying colors I was the one invited to join prestigious CPA firms. I chose a firm wherein one of the partners was a former Bedan. We Bedans help one another in the work place.
  • jay372011 wrote: »

Eto true story that happened to our department. Yung isang guy from SBC simple guy lang talaga but better looking and more refined applied and this other guy from the top3-4 U. Both got accepted in our department but the guy from SBC was given the liason position because he had the better personality and more outgoing compared to the other one who came from the more exclusive U. The SBC guy had siguro the right personality compared to the a little bit geeky guy - and medyo mas simple lang kasi siya.

Siguro mas sikat yung tiga U but daanin mo siguro pa sa charm and better expression - you will get the position you are aiming for.
    ______
    Your point there is a little too good..:) But of course, it might be an accidental case for you. One happening could not be the basis for a generalized perspective. Hehe..just filling in my ideas..:D
  • Troll2007 wrote: »
    To be honest its not like us Bedans to flaunt what we have or to be brash and arrogant. That would explain why many of us don't feel comfortable posting in a thread like this on a topic like this one in an environment like this forum. Hindi tayo mayabang

Pero ito lang ang masasabi ko after I passed the CPA board exam with flying colors I was the one invited to join prestigious CPA firms. I chose a firm wherein one of the partners was a former Bedan. We Bedans help one another in the work place.

1 University of Santo Tomas
    2 Polytechnic University of the Philippines– Main – Sta. Mesa
    3 Xavier University

1 De La Salle University - Manila
    2 University of the Philippines – Visayas –Iloilo City
    3 San Beda College

1University of the Philippines - Diliman
    2 University of Saint La Salle
    3 Mariano Marcos State University - Batac

This is according to different categories. congratulations to San Beda. They're a top accountancy school..congrats to you as well..:)
  • This is exactly why we don't usually post.

A quoted post from another thread:

Regarding our passing percentage, the average passing percentage of San Beda at the Bar Exam is 89%, but there was a time in the 90’s when it was 99%. At the CPA Board Exam last October 2007 it was 60%, 3rd in category B when the national passing percentage was 37%, but when San Beda was still in Category C it was No. 1 in that category. On Medicine related exams (Nursing, Physicians) the average passing percentage was 72% in their respective Boards but it was still higher than the national passing percentage. Medicine related courses are new courses at San Beda.

San Beda College's recent topnotchers

December 2005 Nursing Board Exam Topnotcher
    Pearl Austria Martinez No. 8

Charles Bryan Marinas Tan and his twin brother Christopher Ryan Marinas Tan for placing 8th and 10th overall respectively in the recent CPA Licensure Examination. San Beda ranks 3rd nationwide amongst schools that sent 26-50 examinees.

October 2005 CPA Board Topnotcher
    David Jericho Naval No. 2 with a grade of 91.14%

May 2004 CPA Board Topnotchers
    Benjamin Villacorte, 3rd Place
    Mohamad Zidni Morohombsar, 8th Place

May 2003, CPA Board Topnotchers
    Thadeus Abila,3rd Place
    Albert Balisi, 10th Place

October 2002, CPA Board Topnotcher
    Johnny Ang, 1st Place

May 2002, CPA Board Topnotchers
    Isagani Lati, 3rd Place
    Richmond Asiodche, 17th Place

Marami pa kaya lang these are the more recent batches.

THERE ARE MORE IN 90'S AND 80'S WE JUST DON'T KEEP TRACK OF THEM.

Footnote:
    The highest grade in Philippine Bar History was that of San Beda law graduate FLorenz Regalado with a grade of 96.6 per cent. The second highest grade recorded was in the same year by another Bedan, Bobby dela Fuente who got a grade of 95.90 percent.
  • 2007 Bar Results:

1 - San Beda 93.27%

2 - Ateneo de Manila University 90.06%

3 - University of the Philippines 76.19%
  • It's no secret that San Beda produces a lot of topnotchers in the toughest exams in the country; CPA board and BAR exam.

Another is that San Beda makes its graduate well rounded. It's not just academics and athletics but other important aspects in life. Ang Bedista kasi marunong makisama at may confidence. Generally, wala sa ugali natin ang mainggit sa iba.

Our education helps us face life challenges with confidence and optimism. Kahit ano pa kayang harapin and as our Bedan hymn goes...

Bring out the challenges, we'll win them all;
    And fear neither fire nor blood;
    Bedans will answer the clarion call
    For San Beda, our country, and God.

The last line for me is the core of my Bedan education...

For
    San Beda (school pride and loyalty)
    Our Country (nationalism, patriotism)
    and GOD (God fearing, religious, deep faith and devotion to the Almighty)

with these in heart we can conquer anything.

By being better persons we create a good image for our employer but most often it's us Bedans who do the hiring.

That In All Things God May Be Glorified.
  • I think te real purpose of this thread is to know if being a Bedan has advantages/disadvantages in job hunting. Yon lang if there is a bearing at all? Kung during the hiring process were you given special treatment or not? Or were you discriminated against.

Duon sa other company where the boss is a Bedan - this candidate was processed in just one day - more of the exception thoug - kasi nga understandable na same school sila so there is bias.

Yung thread na ito is for actual hiring process and experiences lang naman and not to put up or put down any school. Kaya nga duon sa example ko i did not name the other University basta UAAP member siya.
    I think te real purpose of this thread is to know if being a Bedan has advantages/disadvantages in job hunting. Yon lang if there is a bearing at all? Kung during the hiring process were you given special treatment or not? Or were you discriminated against.

Duon sa other company where the boss is a Bedan - this candidate was processed in just one day - more of the exception thoug - kasi nga understandable na same school sila so there is bias.

Yung thread na ito is for actual hiring process and experiences lang naman and not to put up or put down any school. Kaya nga duon sa example ko i did not name the other University basta UAAP member siya.

Kapag Bedan ang boss o may-ari ng company, meron naman siguro talagang preference sa mga fellow Bedan graduates, pero hindi naman ineexclude ang iba pang qualified na hindi Bedan graduate para sa position.
  • I never had any trouble applying and getting an offer from companies... un lang and as much as i want to credit San Beda for it, uhm di rin mawawala sa isip ko na nasa tao talaga un. :)

though one thing i'm going to credit san beda is that our school prepares us to live in the real world!
  • Actually from the batches during Fidel Ramos administration - madaming reputable companies go to the campus for recruitment - well maybe same din with other schools- is this still being practiced? At ang daming TELEGRAMA:lol: silang natatanggap after graduation? Uso pa ba yon? Ung telegrama?
    Actually from the batches during Fidel Ramos administration - madaming reputable companies go to the campus for recruitment - well maybe same din with other schools- is this still being practiced? At ang daming TELEGRAMA:lol: silang natatanggap after graduation? Uso pa ba yon? Ung telegrama?

^ in the university where i studied for my bachelor's degree... pinapadalhan pa kami ng mga telegrams after graduation. actually kahit na hindi pa ako graduate , i still had two terms left, i got telegrams from big companies (e.g. P&G, Globe Tel etc.) for job positions or for future employment opportunities.
  • ako din madalas makatanggap ng telegrama sa probinsya. minsan nakatanggap pa nga ako ng sumon parang telegrama din. madami na din akong natatanggap na telegrama hindi lang dalawa mga kwento at balita sa amin.

nakatanggap din ako ng telegrama sa globe at malalaking kumpanya na naniningil ng utang, yung iba nga hindi ko na pinapansin.

Mabuhay JRU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animo Rizal!!!!!!!!
  • Uso pa rin pala ang telegrama.:lol:
  • me...i had no trouble applying for my first job..nag-rereview pa lang ako para sa board, may invitations na....

immediately after i passed, may 2 offers na. all i need to do is to choose.

walang kaproble-problema...hehe
  • Calling All Fresh Graduates / No Experience !!!

We have urgent requirements for Bank Tellers and Phone Bankers for one of the top 3 Local Banks.

We have a RECRUITMENT CAMP this Saturday - November 22,2008

Refer a friend incentives:
    Bring 4 friends and you'll get free Starbucks Gift Certificates.
    Bring 7 friends and you'll get a free IMAX ticket.

Apply personally at
    JOHN CLEMENTS CONSULTANTS INC.
    Training Center, Basement 1 LKG Tower, Ayala Ave Makati
    For questions you may call 8895957 / txt 09175511920
    Look for Laika
  • THE NEWEST SAN BEDA APPAREL CREATED FOR THE SAN BEDA COMMUNITY:

CHECK OUT beRED DESIGNS!

Visit http://bereddesigns.multiply.com/

redlions.jpg

beRED AVAILABLE @ SBC Mendiola Alumni Office!

Thanks for Patronizing beRED Designs!