COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

food restrictions in some religions?

do you guys have an idea why some other religions avoid eating pork, shrimps. and fish with no scales...do you have a point of view to share.. plz post..:confused:

Comments

• untouchableuntouchable Registered User PExer
    Hi Nefertini,

I think yung mga seventh-day adventists (SDA) yung mga sinasabi mo. may mga relatives akong SDAs pero hindi ko naitatanong eh baka kasi ma-offend sila. Sa amin naman, yung blood lang yung prohibited. tapos sa Catholic, kapag kwaresma bawal kumain ng karne. sa ibang religion di ko alam eh.
  • taxo_ptaxo_p still learning PExer
    hello! I'm a seventh-day adventist. We believe that God still wants us to follow the teachings found in Leviticus 11. If you study the entire chapter and compare it with present-day medical information, it is obvious that God was teaching the Israelites important health and hygienic practices. We also believe that we owe to God to keep our bodies healthy. Some believe that the laws regarding unclean and clean food was abolished... see Peter's vision account in Acts 10 & 11. We however understand that as an instruction for Peter not to discriminate against Gentiles(non-Jews) when preaching the gospel. I hope my reply was helpful.

untouchable, i don't think they will be offended.:) we're kind of used to being asked that question a lot.:) but of course, maybe you know them better since they are your relatives. hehe.

God bless!
  • El_KapitanEl_Kapitan French Erotic Captain PExer
    most of the time it has historical bases which later gets mystical interpretations, like the kosher and halal rules

and for some faiths it has to do with the special "value of life" thingy and they like to be hardcore about it
  • untouchableuntouchable Registered User PExer
    taxo_p wrote: »
    hello! I'm a seventh-day adventist. We believe that God still wants us to follow the teachings found in Leviticus 11. If you study the entire chapter and compare it with present-day medical information, it is obvious that God was teaching the Israelites important health and hygienic practices. We also believe that we owe to God to keep our bodies healthy. Some believe that the laws regarding unclean and clean food was abolished... see Peter's vision account in Acts 10 & 11. We however understand that as an instruction for Peter not to discriminate against Gentiles(non-Jews) when preaching the gospel. I hope my reply was helpful.

untouchable, i don't think they will be offended.:) we're kind of used to being asked that question a lot.:) but of course, maybe you know them better since they are your relatives. hehe.

God bless!

Hi taxo_p!

Actually nasa US na yung mga relatives ko na SDA's. halos gulay lang ang kinakain nila kaya magaganda yung mga kutis nila, makikinis at walang galis.:D Tapos ambabata ba ng mga itsura nila.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file