Home PEx Hobbies Music Fans

BEYONC?'s Third Studio Album: "I AM...SASHA FIERCE"

alethxander0990alethxander0990 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
:love: LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - R&B singer Beyonce will release her third solo album in the United States on November 18, her Columbia Records label said on Monday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The as-yet-untitled album marks the follow-up to her 2006 disc "B'Day," which opened at No. 1 on the U.S. pop chart in September 2006. Her first album apart from Destiny's Child, the 2003 release "Dangerously in Love," also went to No. 1.

Columbia said the new album was Beyonce's "most personal, reflective and revelatory collection to-date," and noted that she co-wrote and co-produced all the songs.

Two tracks from the album, "If I Were A Boy" and "Single Ladies," will be sent to radio on October 7.

Beyonce's younger sister, Solange Knowles, debuted at No. 9 on the chart last week with her second album, "Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams."

Columbia is a unit of Sony Corp's Sony Music Entertainment Inc.:love:

Comments

• alethxander0990alethxander0990 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm so excited sa pag launch ng 3rd album ni Beyonce "QUEEN BEE" Knowles! Sana maging hit to gaya ng Dangerously In Love (2003) & B'Day (2006) Basta,Beyonce fan..continue lang tayo ng support huh. Sana mag Number 1 yung album. Can't wait to see and hear If I Were A Boy & Single Ladies....' Beyonce fan..keep in touch tayo ah: [email protected] email ko at YM thanks...
    Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy" and "Single Ladies" have been pushed back until October 14th. It's nice to see that she has a conscience after all...being that her homegirl, Michelle Williams album, Unexpected comes out that day. I heard that Michelle was really upset about that whole thing, but I'm sure it wasn't Beyonce's decision to release it that day...it was probably the labels. They have sooo.. many releases at Columbia that they probably didn't even realize that it was the same day as Michelles. But anyway...I'm glad they pushed it back because now everyone is happy! Read the whole story @ YSP.
    YSP link:
    http://youresopop.blogspot.com...
    beyonce Fan Asan Na Kayo?
  • ^ we're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beyonce to appear at MTV gong night

R&B superstar Beyonce Knowles will return to the UK to perform at the MTV Europe Music Awards, the organisers have announced.

Beyonce, 27, has also been nominated in the Ultimate Urban category of the awards, taking place in Liverpool in November.

The remaining performing artists will be announced in the coming weeks.

Confirmation of Beyonce's appearance at the ceremony came as MTV revealed that Britney Spears, Coldplay and Welsh soul singer Duffy lead the award nominations.

Each have each been shortlisted in three categories, including the Album of the Year.

Amy Winehouse and X-Factor winner Leona Lewis have been nominated for the Act of 2008 award.

Richard Godfrey, senior vice president of MTV and executive producer of the awards, said: "We are extremely pleased that Beyonce is returning to the MTV Europe Music Awards and will once again wow the audience with what promises to be a show-stopping performance.

"I am confident that when we reveal the final acts to perform, the bill will live up to our promise that the MTV Europe Music Awards will absolutely be the best gig in Europe this year."

Beyonce achieved fame as the lead singer of Destiny's Child, the biggest selling girl band of all time.

Her debut solo album, Dangerously in Love, won her five Grammy nominations. The remaining list of nominations includes previous MTV Europe winners Foo Fighters, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rihanna and Tokio Hotel as well as new acts Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus.
  • I love the demo version of "If I Were A Boy" w/c is acoustic rock. Waiting for Beyonce's take on this song.
    E=MC2rox wrote: »
    ^ we're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ui..buti nmn anjan k.a..ehehe..buhayin na natin tread ne bee kasi malapit na xa bumalik..post ka huh!
    -Teroy- wrote: »
    Beyonce to appear at MTV gong night

R&B superstar Beyonce Knowles will return to the UK to perform at the MTV Europe Music Awards, the organisers have announced.

Beyonce, 27, has also been nominated in the Ultimate Urban category of the awards, taking place in Liverpool in November.

The remaining performing artists will be announced in the coming weeks.

Confirmation of Beyonce's appearance at the ceremony came as MTV revealed that Britney Spears, Coldplay and Welsh soul singer Duffy lead the award nominations.

Each have each been shortlisted in three categories, including the Album of the Year.

Amy Winehouse and X-Factor winner Leona Lewis have been nominated for the Act of 2008 award.

Richard Godfrey, senior vice president of MTV and executive producer of the awards, said: "We are extremely pleased that Beyonce is returning to the MTV Europe Music Awards and will once again wow the audience with what promises to be a show-stopping performance.

"I am confident that when we reveal the final acts to perform, the bill will live up to our promise that the MTV Europe Music Awards will absolutely be the best gig in Europe this year."

Beyonce achieved fame as the lead singer of Destiny's Child, the biggest selling girl band of all time.

Her debut solo album, Dangerously in Love, won her five Grammy nominations. The remaining list of nominations includes previous MTV Europe winners Foo Fighters, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rihanna and Tokio Hotel as well as new acts Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus.

Buhayin na natin tread nya...pra sa kanyang pagbabalik!
    Beyonce Addresses Her Fans on Her Upcoming Release

I wanted to address my fans about my upcoming album.I have worked on this album for close to one year. I have taken the time so I can create my sound. Something that says who I am at this stage in my life. I have poured my heart and soul into it. It is my baby. It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child when I was 15 years old. I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me. I am in a different place right now and I wanted people to see the many sides of me. The music is upbeat for the dance, fun side and it is reflective, passionate and serious for the personal side. I have taken risks here. I am not afraid and my music will explain it all. There is no label or tag on my sound. It's me and I am so excited to share it with the world on November 18.
    Love,
    Beyonc?\
    Music World Music/Columbia Records will release the third full-length studio album from the international superstar and cultural icon Beyonc?\
    on Tuesday, November 18.
    One of 2008's most hotly anticipated new album releases, Beyonc?'s as-yet-untitled upcoming album marks the artist's first new studio collection since the Grammy-winning multi-platinum-selling B'Day debuted at 1 on charts around the world shortly after its international release on September 4, 2006
    (in celebration of Beyonc?'s 25th birthday).
    Beyonc?'s fans will get their first glimpse of the artist's new album with the simultaneous release of two of the album's key tracks -- "If I Were A Boy" and "Single Ladies" -- scheduled to impact radio on October 7.
    With all songs co-written and co-produced by Beyonc?\, the artist's third studio album is her most personal, reflective and revelatory collection to-date.
    Lensed live at Radio City Music Hall on September 5, Beyonc?'s spectacular performance at the "Fashion Rocks" fifth anniversary extravaganza, a star-studded concert honoring the relationship between music and fashion, will be broadcast on CBS on Tuesday, September 9 at 9pm (ET/PT). Please check your local listings.
    I love the demo version of "If I Were A Boy" w/c is acoustic rock. Waiting for Beyonce's take on this song.

Cant wait nga sa version ne BK eh,,galing galing sa myspace ko napakinggan eh....:)

Buhayin ntin tread ne bee..kasi magbabalik na xa!!!
    Beyonce Eyeing 2009 Tour

Beyonce is blocking off time for a 2009 tour in support of her upcoming third solo album, due Nov. 18 via Music World/Columbia. The artist will play international dates next spring, followed by a North American tour in early summer.

The as-yet-untitled new album will be preceded by two singles: "If I Were a Boy" and "Single Ladies," which hit U.S. radio Oct. 14. Videos for both songs were directed by Jake Nava and will begin airing later this month.

The artist will perform one of the new singles Nov. 6 as part of the MTV Europe Music Awards in Liverpool, England.

Also in the works is a Beyonce AOL Sessions and a deluxe edition of the album, also due Nov. 18, featuring as-yet-unannounced bonus tracks.

"I have worked on this album for close to one year," Beyonce says on her Web site. "It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child when I was 15 years old. I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me."
    BEYONCE KNOWLES - KNOWLES' SONG OVERLOAD

BEYONCE KNOWLES got so carried away while making her new album - she ended up recording over 70 songs.
    The former Destiny's Child star spent nearly a year in the recording studio, laying down tracks for her currently untitled record, which is set for release next month (18Nov08).
    And the singer admits she did overwork herself, but only because the new LP is so important to her.
    She says in a statement on her official website, "I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me.
    "I am in a different place right now and I wanted people to see the many sides of me.
    "I have worked on this album for close to one year. I have poured my heart and soul into it. It is my baby. It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child."
    2008 Bermuda Music Festival: Beyonce Wowing Wet Crowd, Readying New Project

Yes, Beyonce Knowles is married.
    Yes, she's still putting out her brand new album next month.
    And yes, she's still wowing international audiences with her exhilarating performances.
    Last night, the multiple Grammy Award winning superstar weathered tropical rain storms and delivered an over-two-hour set of songs and dance that thrilled eager masses at the National Sports Centre on the tiny, little island of Bermuda.
    It was her first show since performing overseas last November. And the 'Bootylicious' diva was in tip-top form.
    From the Destiny's Child chart-toppers 'Survivor,' 'Independent Woman,' and the near 10-year-old platter 'Say My Name,' to her solo hits 'Dangerously In Love,' 'Me, Myself and I,' 'Get Me Bodied' and the song she said was her favorite to sing, 'Irreplaceable,' Beyonce gave the drenched audience a whole lot more than they bargained for, with what seemed like an endless stream of infectious songs.
    Unlike other "divas," who perform at Caribbean music festivals, the 'Dreamgirls' star didn't hold back on all of her vocal bravado -- and didn't restrict massive jumbotron screens from getting up-close and personal visuals of her while sweating up a storm of her very own onstage.
    "This is the first time I'm seeing her live and I am amazed," exclaimed Laverne Fenn, a frequent visitor to Bermuda from Atlanta, who partook in the second night festivities of the "2008 Bermuda Festival," which also included opening acts Solange Knowles and Lyfe Jennings.
    While Beyonce – as she is affectionately known as -- didn't showcase any new songs from her forthcoming yet-to-be-titled album – due out Nov. 18 – she did offer the first live concert version of her rendition of the Etta James' classic 'At Last,' which she sang with much passion. While mentioning her connection to the legendary R&B singer (she plays her in the upcoming movie 'Cadillac Records'), the 27-year-old powerhouse advised the audience to google information about the 70-year-old trailblazer if they were not familiar.
    "I am in a different place right now and I wanted people to see the many sides of me," she said in a statement released earlier in the day about the new Columbia Records project, which some have speculated will come out later in the year. "I have taken risks here. I am not afraid and my music will explain it all."
    BlackVoices.com has learned exclusively that the eagerly-anticipated opus will feature a new collaboration between Beyonce and Solange.
    "I actually wrote a record for her, 'Why Don't You Love Me?' and I'm so excited," Solange revealed backstage while Beyonce was taking the stage. "It's kind of a twist to it. It's not a passive, whiney, 'Why don't you love me?' [song]," she furthered. "It's basically like you're a fool if you don't love me because I'm fly, I'm smart, My money's right and I don't need you for nothing and therefore you should love me."
    "[It's] something that says who I am at this stage in my life ... It is my baby," Beyonce continued.
    From the looks and sound of the massive Bermudian crowd, including some who waited hours to see her, it's one baby that will be welcomed with joy.
    Source: http://www.blackvoices.com
  • I can't believe that the thread starter is my cousin. :(
    I can't believe that the thread starter is my cousin. :(

Who's your cousin? Are you Beyonce fan?
    Beyonce Knowles Honored For Charity Work

Taking the stage at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida, Beyonce Knowles was the center of attention at the 2008 Diamond Ball And Private Concert last night (October 4).
    The “Irreplaceable” singer was the guest of honor at the glitzy gala which hoped to raise as much money as possible for the Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation.
    During the course of the evening, Beyonce was inducted to the center’s Hall of Fame as a reward for all of her generous work towards helping others.
    With tables costing up to $11,000, Beyonce also took the stage alongside seven-year-old piano prodigy, Ethan Bortnick, who was reportedly playing to show his appreciation for the hospital for treating his younger brother’s heart troubles.
    Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.ne.../
    What Celeb Brought a Rock To The Beach?

‘don’t take sand to the beach’ but I think I missed the memo on ‘instead take a rock (a.k.a. diamond ring) valued at $5 million to South Beach’.
    Beyonce Knowles was spotted yesterday in Miami with 5 body guards, her sister and personal assistant soaking up some rays before heading to her performance at the 2008 Bermuda Music Festival.
    The former Destiny’s Child member married her boyfriend of 6 years, Shaun Jay-Z Carter in April. Although the couple has yet to publicly confirm their marriage, I believe the 18-karat Lorraine Schwartz diamond ring, valued at $5 million dollars, speaks volumes of their relationship.
    If you are a fan of Beyonce and that incredible ring, look forward to seeing more of the duo when her new album drops November 18. The star released a statement on her official website, "I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me. I am in a different place right now and I wanted people to see the many sides of me. I have worked on this album for close to one year. I have poured my heart and soul into it. It is my baby. It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child."
    I can’t wait, but on a side note, I wonder if Jay-Z has a brother?
    Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-964-...
    MICHELLE WILLIAMS - WILLIAMS' DEPRESSION AFTER DESTINY SPLIT

Former DESTINY'S CHILD star MICHELLE WILLIAMS slid into depression following the band's break-up - because she missed BEYONCE KNOWLES and KELLY ROWLAND so much.
    The hit trio had a brief hiatus to pursue their solo projects but reunited in 2004 to release their fifth and final studio album, Destiny Fulfilled.
    And Williams says the pain of being apart from her beloved bandmates left her heartbroken - she would burst into tears at the mere mention of their names.
    She tell's Britain's You magazine, "We all went through a depression when Destiny's Child broke up.
    "I remember going out to lunch with a friend and he asked how Beyonce and Kelly were and I burst into tears because I missed them so much and he suggested I needed counselling! It wasn't that bad, just a natural response after spending so much time together."
    Art Imitating Life

Singer and actress Beyonce Knowles recently received the greenlight to play legendary Eartha Kitt in a biopic of the singer's life. Her sex-kitten nighclub act with that signature throaty performance helped Kitt rise to fame. She is perhaps best known for her role as Catwoman in the 1960s "Batman" series. During her career, Kitt endured a 10-year blacklisting owing to her sharp criticism of the Vietnam War. Today, the 79-year-old singer is battling colon cancer. She told the New York Post, "I never expect anything to happen to me. "I'm the healthiest person in the world."
    (AP Photo)
This discussion has been closed.