Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Would you buy a book on Pinoy health written in Tagalog/Filipino?

(Survey lang po mga pipol... hehe...)

I'm planning to / thinking about writing an informative book on health of Filipinos (am not saying what part of it or which field, basta human health. ^_^) Of course there'd be a sprinkling of English words here and there but if most words will be in conversational Tagalog would you buy it? (I wouldn't be using deep Tagalog words naman kase that would ruin the book, i'm not writing a novel or anything fictional... haha.)

> Actually i'm thinking of making two versions, one in Taglish and one in English...
> But maybe it'd be better if i make one in English and one in Tagalog only (w/ some English words, for English only terms and/or when i quote an article or something).
> Or maybe it would be best to make just one book without any other language version (either just in tagalog or english)?

The market for the book i'm planning is us Filipinos lang naman... I want to write it mainly in Tagalog so it would be more open/conversational style and not be boring like medical textbooks and other technical books out there.

But of course i need people's opinion before i start writing or even consider writing the book (if i don't get sidetracked and just scrap this idea. ^_^)

So, on with the questions.

In order for you to buy an informative health book in Tagalog, what would you consider?

• Does it need to be written mala-Bob Ong style?
• Would you also prefer some illustrations, as in a little comic style narrator (chibi)? or not? Would it matter if there are illustrations/drawings or not?
• How about if the book is in Taglish?
• Others comments?

Comments

• CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'd buy it if it's very useful. We have a book here on medicinal plants found in the Philippines and it's written in Filipino. Very helpful but I find it wanting. :)

:rpflag:
  • 0wstalaga0wstalaga PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'd buy it if it's very useful. We have a book here on medicinal plants found in the Philippines and it's written in Filipino. Very helpful but I find it wanting. :)

:rpflag:

Well yes i believe it will be helpful to all Pinoys... Oh you have a book like that? tsk... we used to have one... kaya lang i don't know where it is now... :)

Anyway let me just add na rin more details to my post above.

• My planned target market would be people from all classes... (class A to E)
    • Age range is around 20+ to 40+ (or even 50+ people)

Hope more people could comment too... *okay*