Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

How to keep books from getting stains...

sorry i don't know if this is the proper thread to post this in. anyway, i have a huge collection of books and to my annoyance, most of them over time get this...err...stain. even if i keep them in a dry, airconditioned room they get that way after a few years.

Comments

• Unfortunately, I think there is nothing much we can do aside from making sure to keep them in a dry, well-ventilated place.

It's the acid in the paper. Unless the paper is acid-free, the books are bound to turn yellow/stained over time. Unfortunately, almost all paperbacks use acidic paper. The less acidic ones are the whiter papers or smooth, cream colored ones, usually used in the more expensive hard-bound books.
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^That is the reason I no longer buy softbound paperbacks and settle for trade paperbacks instead. TS, check if the book's printed on acid-free paper para ma-minimize ang pagye-yellow. :)

I already did a topic on this one some time back [http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147595] and unfortunately, the posts are not very reassuring. What I do instead [since my room isn't air-conditioned] is I put some of my books in my parents' room. :)

:rpflag:
  • make sure to dust ur shelves every so often,,