Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Manila International Book Fair Sept 12-16

Click Here for more details.

Comments

• bigmcdobigmcdo PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ang jeep ang sasakyan ko papunta dyan from binondo?
  • Sorry, I'm not sure.

There are many jeeps that go to SM Asia from the Edsa LRT station.
  • hmm.. is this the same manila international book fair that they usually hold at the world trade center??
  • I think so.
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wala akong mabili.
  • observerobserver PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^^ bakit wala? mataas pa din ba mga prices? konti lang choices? =)
  • jeune_fillejeune_fille PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hula ko mahal!
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pumunta ako doon para maghanap ng discount. mas mabuti pa pumunta ka na lang sa national at bumili ng 99 peso hardbound books na galing sa US libraries.
  • ^ meron din nyan dun. yung 99 hardbound sa natio. nasa gilid nila.

as for the choices, konti than previous book fairs. i was still able to grab a couple of books though.
  • may mga nabili akong matagal ko nang hinahanap.
  • dark_halfdark_half PEx Rookie ⭐
    Nakapunta ako dito at ang dami ko nabili =)
    Nakabili ako ng pocketbooks, cook books at religious books.
  • haha.. ako nakabili ako ng hardbound copy nung latest book ni sherilyn kenyon.. and its soo freaking worth it..

sa totoo lang ang mga bookfair like these, you cnat really expect them to be discounted or stuff.. ur bound to burn money talaga sa mga event na to.. and its not about the discount.. really.. its about being able to find those books na di mo makikita in just one book store..

so.. im happy.. :lol:
  • Very disappointed with this year's bookfair. Unless you're an academic looking for specific books, you're better off waiting for the Powerbooks Sale (better selection) in October. Or whenever that is. I went for the 5th time in 6 years, and well, I just renewed my magazine subscription this time around.
  • i agree.. ive been going to these events for the past few years too.. the selection is very limited this year, and fully booked doesnt even have an exhibit.. these events nga kasi is mostly for school librarians to buy the latest reference books and all that..

magazine subs? i was trying to look for the booth that sells back issues of cosmo and fhm and stuff but i wasnt able to find it.. :( though i wasnt really able to compare kung mas mura sa booksale, dati, 3 for 100 ung back issues ng cosmo, but that was about 2 years ago.. so i dunno if it would really have made a difference..
  • Fully booked missed out on last year's exhibit too.
  • KuyaKevin wrote: »
    Click Here for more details.

Thanks Kuya Kevin for the book that you signed for me.Lucky me :)

OT: Guys kelan ule ang balik sa Pinas ng barko na puro libro ang laman?AT saka ano na ba ang tawag sa barko na yun? Thanks in advance :)
  • daes wrote: »

OT: Guys kelan ule ang balik sa Pinas ng barko na puro libro ang laman?AT saka ano na ba ang tawag sa barko na yun? Thanks in advance :)

It was my honor--thanks for stopping by!!

http://kuyakevin.com
  • daes wrote: »

yung Doulos? hinihintay ko rin yun. wala pa Philippines sa schedule ng upcoming ports nila eh.
  • jazz17 wrote: »
    yung Doulos? hinihintay ko rin yun. wala pa Philippines sa schedule ng upcoming ports nila eh.

yan nga un..thanks ule