Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

weight lifting gloves...

guys,

i keep on getting callouses on the gloves i am using right now, and the worst thing happened yesterday, a layer of skin on both my palm got peeled off after doing my deadlift, it was really painful and that's why i can't go to the gym right now.

can you recommend me a good pair of gloves, to prevent what just happened to me.

thanks a lot.

Comments

• tobys has gloves ranging from 75PHP up... :)
  • skuidwardskuidward PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    harbringer (tama ba?) ang gamit ko. Though im trying to go bare hands again to toughen my grip.
  • guys,

i keep on getting callouses on the gloves i am using right now, and the worst thing happened yesterday, a layer of skin on both my palm got peeled off after doing my deadlift, it was really painful and that's why i can't go to the gym right now.

can you recommend me a good pair of gloves, to prevent what just happened to me.

thanks a lot.
    You can use lifting straps to lessen the chances of torn palm skins. It's better than gloves. Don't let the grip slow down your progress in the deadlift. You can always train your grip separately.
  • ako din bare hands pero pag pull ups na and chin ups sakit sa kalyos, hands get red at masakit talga
  • If you really want to train for stronger grip, don't use gloves. Use your bare hands instead. And use lots of chalk.

One more thing: there's a proper way to grip the bar correctly to minimize calouses or minimize calouses that are being "ripped" or "torn" during your heavy deadlift days. It's really a matter of positioning the bar correctly on your palms.

Again, use chalk and lots of them.
  • ^ yup. for pull exercises I think you should put the bar nearer your fingers.
  • ^ yup. for pull exercises I think you should put the bar nearer your fingers.

Exactly. I'll try to scan some pics on proper deadlift grip from the Starting Strength book and post them here.
  • I've been using BULLS boxing gloves since I got this wrist injury. I bought it in CHRIS. These gloves has a strap that supports wrist.
  • Try harbringer with the thick cloth inside.
  • guys,

thanks a lot.

Cross fit gloves from Chis sports. I love this product. Found it on Whatchu app.