Home PEx Family and Society Realm of Thought
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The Bible has no contradictions!!!

2»

Comments

• Lola_RoseLola_Rose IMPERSONATED PExer
    The rest of the alleged contradictory verses he posted, you guys can just read the preceding and succeeding verses or whatever.
  • Mark T. MarketMark T. Market Polymath PExer
    But careful Lola_Rose, rickym's verses you happened to lazily pick, either indicates a God that is open to anyone who seeks (Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17) or a vengeful spiteful God that is open only to those who didn't reject him previously (Prov 1:28).

Especially with the additional verses you added, one set is wholesome, the other set is discriminatory.

Or is it just my context?
  • Lola_RoseLola_Rose IMPERSONATED PExer
    13. God is to be found by those who seek him
    Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
    God is not to be found by those who seek him
    Prov 1:28

The above phrases are contradictory, right? It claims that in the same Bible, you can read that God can be found by those who seek him, then you can also read that God is not to be found by those who seek him.

However, the phrases are deceiving. If you read the whole story, there is no contradiction: God can be found by those who seek him, who love him (Prov 8:17), but those who do not obey him, fear him, (if you don't obey God, that means you do not fear or love him), will not find him or his prayers will not be answered (Prov 1:24-29).

I still do not see any contradiction.

It would be contradictory if the other set reads: "You will never find me - even if you seek me, love me, fear me, obey me."

The second set clearly states the circumstance when God cannot be found.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file