whats a good small fuel efficent car — PinoyExchange

whats a good small fuel efficent car

my family's buying a new car. our old car is breaking down fast.
we live in the south and our mileage a day is about 80 km total of 2000km a month. we need a car that has a fuel efficiency of at least 14 km/liter.

we need an automatic car because my daughter can only drive an AT

i want a chery - cute and mura
my daughter wants a rio automatic
my son wants a picanto automatic
everyone agrees that a vios automatic is good but we cannot afford
any advise ?

Comments

• marco_1
    marco_1 M I Y E M B R O
    why not go for a Kia Rio automatic, para mas malaki ng kaunti sa picanto :)
    try mo din tignan sa http://www.motioncars.com/carchart
  • thanks macro

hindi ba mas malakas sa gasolina ang rio ? 1.6 yan
    the picanto is 1.1
  • letsrockandroll
    letsrockandroll Pexer since '05
    okay rin ang getz either 1.4 L or even the 1.5 L CRDi Engine.

if you can furthermore extend your budget, get the Kia Rio or the Hyundai Accent CRDi :)
  • slamm
    slamm runnin on empty
    What exactly is your budget range? 600K or less? 700-800K?

I'd go with a Kia Picanto, Vios, Yaris or the new Jazz. If you're looking into financing it then do the math and see if the Vios will fit in the budget. They Chery may be cheap but you have to give this brand some time to establish itself in safety and reliability.
  • marco_1
    marco_1 M I Y E M B R O
    yu irene wrote: »
    thanks macro

hindi ba mas malakas sa gasolina ang rio ? 1.6 yan
    the picanto is 1.1

depends sa driving style at sa karga mo sa sasakyan siz, kung lagi kayo puno at may karga at medyo mabilis ka magpatakbo, mas ok 1.6 kasi hindi hirap, pero pag kaunti lang kayo at relax driving, ok na din picanto...
  • What exactly is your budget?
    How many will be riding at one time?
    Much much storage capacity do you need for all your stuff?

In any case, I'd rather suggest try to get a toyota. The parts are easy and cheap compared to other brands, plus re-sale is better.

But if you really have to... go look into the Hyundia Getz... bigger better capacity plus its still as fuel efficient as it can get.

80kms / day? whew! that's far... why not look into an option of renting a place instead.. it might come out cheaper than maintaining a car... just a suggestion.
  • Hyundia diesel i30.
  • -gelay-
    -gelay- simple kinda life
    how fuel-efficient are they?

like how much money will i save on a weekly basis? (say city-driving mon to sat)
  • letsrockandroll
    @ exodus, ah yung nasa feature ng Top gear for this month?
    when ba expected release ng unit?

looks nice though. equipped with SRS airbag for the passenger side (is a plus), then powered by a 1.1 L engine automatic (really diesel? sana CRDi rin)? sana may ABS din even if magaan siya:) mukhang maganda ito compared to picanto, spark and that chery qq.*okay*

just my two cents.
  • Verbl Kint
    Verbl Kint The Usual Suspect
    The Hyundai I30 diesel can supposedly do 26+ km per liter (highway).

However, this car is priced too close to the Corolla (around Php 900k), making it too expensive to match the picanto, getz, jazz, vios, etc.
  • letsrockandroll
    Verbl Kint wrote: »
    The Hyundai I30 diesel can supposedly do 26+ km per liter (highway).

However, this car is priced too close to the Corolla (around Php 900k), making it too expensive to match the picanto, getz, jazz, vios, etc.

WHAT! around P900k ang price ng Hyundai I30 na yan?. that's a no-no! :confused:

I would either buy a Honda Civic 1.8 S M/T for that price range, a Hyundai Tucson CVVT M/T or even a Toyota Altis 1.6 L? for that matter.

ang mahal ha.:bop::eek: ka price niya na ang compact cars like (civic and altis) even if CRDi engne yan kahit may VGT pa yan, that's too much for a mini car. hindi practical.:bop:
  • boogerflicker
    boogerflicker the coolangot
    i30 is compact-sized car. i10 ang mas maliit.
  • harry_gucc
    harry_gucc Animo-Arriba
    nandito na i30??
  • i'm the one who asked the question.

thanks everyone for your comments and replies and even good tips.

chery was ruled out
    the picanto was not available.
    i still like the picanto
    our family settled on a rio
    we were able to get a good deal on it. no downpayments which is a good incentive.
    another choice was a vios - but its more expensive. specially the at that we wanted.
    about the hyundai i10. at 900K that's too much for a sub compact car even with all the good reviews.
  • letsrockandroll
    i30 is compact-sized car. i10 ang mas maliit.

ah okay, thanks for the clarification ;)

kelan ba daw release? ;)
  • harry_gucc
    harry_gucc Animo-Arriba
    i10 astig din yung itsura. nakita ng mom ko sa world trade center. baka kumuha kami kasi 400k lang. mag down lang daw ng 250k, 5k/month nalang babayaran for 5 years. :D inquire din kayo sa mga dealers or punta kayo dun sa world trade center hehe.