Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

The MUMMY: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - JULY 31, 2008 in Theaters Nationwide

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Dragon_emperor_ver4.jpg

Starring
Brendan Fraser
and
Jet Li

Release Dates
31 JULY - PHILIPPINES
01 AUGUST - UNITES STATES
06 AUGUST - UNITED KINGDOM

Official Trailer
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AZkZA-eZ-tw

Official Website
www.themummy.com

Grand Showing on Thursday, JULY 31, 2008
In theaters nationwide and in D-Cinema at SM The Block!
Advance Screening tonight
SM North EDSA The Block Cinema 4
@ 6:00-PM

The movie is available at D-Cinema!

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
D-Cinema Experience
SM City North EDSA
The Block Cinema 1,
Quezon City
# 929-54-52 or [email protected]

For more information,
Visit www.smcinema.com

For showtimes,
Visit www.clickthecity.com/www.luk4.com

Other Offers

3-Day Sale at SM North EDSA
August 1, 2 and 3, 2008
Get a chance to win watches from Time Depot!
For more information, visit your nearest SM Cinema Branch!

See you at the movies!

Rate This Movie 29 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
10% 3 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
6% 2 votes
:) :) :) [b]Ok Lang[/b]
27% 8 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
31% 9 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
24% 7 votes

Comments

• wow. Philippines is always advance in showing movies like this!

Tomorrow na 'to, i'll try to watch it at SM.
  • Brendan Fraser rocks!!!
  • showing na! Sana makanood ako!
  • i'll be watching this when the cinema opens in a couple of minutes.. :lol:
  • i'm going to watch this also, even without Rachel Weisz. the trailer looks good...
  • First posted here:
    http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=20867&#20867

First things first: YES, Rachel Weisz is not anymore with The Mummy franchise BUT if you're not watching this movie just because of that small fact - well… it's your loss not mine. Let me tell you what you'll be missing…

Tomb of the Dragon Emperor brings a refreshing Oriental twist to The Mummy franchise wherein we were accustomed to mummy infested pyramids out in the Egyptian desert. With that, you need one of the biggest martial arts actors today, Jet Li, who plays as the principal antagonist ***** mummy reincarnate (Emperor Han). Michelle Yeoh, another big ticket Chinese actress was also reeled in to join the ranks of those opposing Emperor Han as the wizard Zi Juan. Compelting the main cast of Chinese actresses is Hollywood newcomer Isabella Leong as the assassin Lin.

The story begins with flashback to the past regarding Emperor's Han conquest of the world and how he and his entire army was mummified. It then returns to the proper story timeline where the O'Conell's have finally retired from their various adventures both in the field of mummy vanquishing and spying during World War II. Rick (Brendan Fraser) is trying to take up fly fishing while Evelyn (played by Maria Bello) is busy writing books depicting their past two adventures (The Mummy and The Mummy Returns). Their son, Alex (played by Luke Ford), has now taken up after his parent's tomb raiding adventures.

The movie still features the fast paced and relentless action which is trademark of the past two movies. The CG animation though is better executed than the previous movie and has resulted in a very good blending with the real actors and actresses. However - the development of the other characters, especially Zi Juan's relationship, could have used an additional 15-30 minutes of screentime and the influx of too many protagonists might have contributed to this also. There are also some questionable moments in the movie but it's all forgivable.

Overall, this is a good movie to watch this weekend.

mummy3poster2.jpg
  • don't bother watching it. it was so predictable, corny and cheesy. :| mummy 1 and 2 were great, but this one's just not.
  • im gonna watch it this weekend even if a lot of ppl say its too predictable and overhyped, im a big fan of the mummy 1 & 2.

btw, y is rachel weisz not in this movie?

tnx....
  • vaevictisvaevictis PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Going to watch this later this weekend.

I'm an avid fan of these kind of movies, regardless of reviews. :D
  • im gonna watch it this weekend even if a lot of ppl say its too predictable and overhyped, im a big fan of the mummy 1 & 2.

btw, y is rachel weisz not in this movie?

tnx....

Yup... why can't some people enjoy a movie for what it is... hehe.

Rachel Weisz declined due to the shooting schedule (3 months in China).
  • chevy_camaro23chevy_camaro23 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hay ende daw kagandahan to.. :depressed:

better download it via ***** and just watch this in the comfort of your own home... *okay*
  • paradox19paradox19 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i did not like it kahit na ang dali kong maplease ng mga ganitong type of movies. although the special effects and action sequences were good, everything was lame.

The story was very predictable and sometimes all over the place, the script was uninspiring and cheesy, the characters were awkward and there was clearly no chemistry going on with the actors. Heck, I didn't even like the actress who replaced Rachel Weisz.

What's weird pa is that i didn't see a single actual mummy sa film. haha. Sabi nga "it's better to leave it buried".
  • I'm a fan of the previous two movies, but I agree with previous posts, di nga masyadong maganda yung script. Very predictable and at times, trying too hard to be funny. Also, masyadong saturated yung digital effects, made the movie seem phony. Saka very weak character development.

Watched it nung pre-screening. Thanks to PEX, btw, for the free tickets! :D Fun pa rin naman yung event (sarap food!) kahit the movie itself was disappointing. *okay*
  • watched it yesternight. not as bad as i was expecting. but then talagang sobrang binabaan ko expectations ko. :lol:

hated maria bello. she's not as fierce and awesome as rachel weiss. and like what paradox19 said, she and brendan don't have the great chemistry rachel and brendan shared. still love john hannah though. and i miss oded fehr and imhotep. :( the story was predictable and shallow, but i still enjoyed the battle scenes. XD
  • NeverenderNeverender PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    <3 Isabella Leong :lol: sya lang pinanood ko dito hehe di ko trip yung storyline. parang may napanood akong HK movie na parang ganito yung plot di ko lang maalala yung title basta
    Bato rin yung army
  • i think i'll find the movie exciting if i'll watch it. i hope so.
  • bahamut_zerobahamut_zero chinito na moreno PEx Expert 🎖️
    Paanorin ko ito kung magkakaroon ako ng time, hopefully Sunday o Monday. Sana matuwa naman ako s movie na ito. :D
  • SpellbindMediaSpellbindMedia PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    See what critics are saying at rotten tomatoes:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mummy_tomb_of_the_dragon_emperor/

And what fans (or non-fans) are saying at IMDB:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0859163/
  • Damn! This movie sucks big time! One big reason for my comment on this film is Maria Bello... talk about TRYING HARD... whats with the accent?! aarggh!!
  • Maria Bello can't compare to Rachel Weisz sorry..

this movie has shiteous reviews though...hmmmm now I'm having second thoughts in watching this movie in the Cinema...might as well watch it online..:lol: I might not get my money's worth in this movie like I did when I watch Dark Knight