Home PEx Business and Careers The Entrepreneur's Corner

How To Make Money Without Money

Hi There this is my first post here and I hope that I can contribute regularly.

I have a small school that teaches people how to make money without money and I have a blog which discusses this too.

I am looking for new ideas to help my students.

What ideas do you have?

Whatever we do has to be legal, moral and ethical and there are two key elements. You must be able to start from a position of no money and no product.

If this was you and you needed to make some money fast, what would you do?

I look forward to your ideas.

Tim

Comments

• tennisacetennisace PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    If you want to make money without money, borrow money from your friends and relatives.

Seriously, the only way to make money is to sell, and the number one product we sell is ourselves. We do it everyday: we sell ourselves to get into a better social relationship, to get a better job or to do business.

When it comes to business, it's the same thing. If one wants to make money, one has to sell something, either a product or a service. It takes money to market and sell a product or service. If one is without money, one can certainly sell their skills (falls into the service category), like what professional athletes do.

Even so, investing in yourself and your skills requires money, and so does making yourself presentable or saleable (your appearance) and making yourself available to consummate the business transaction (your mode of transportation), which brings me back to the first statement of my post. There are expenses to be made when conducting business.
  • Thanks for the reply and I totally agree with what you are saying about selling. Selling is the number 1 proffession in the world.

Can you help out a bit more? Let's say you really don't have any money... let's also assume that your friends and family are broke also.

What specifically would you do next?

For example how would you earn your 1st 500 pesos. Remember you have no money and no product!

Thanks so much.

Tim
  • A lot of people are already using the concept of "Other Peoples Money".

OPM is a great tool to use specially when you are not capable of putting money up-front. A leveraging tool to simply put it.

An example of OPM are loans and credit cards. When we make purchases using our credit cards, we really are not taking it directly out out pockets. We are using the banks money through the form of credit cards.

OPM used in a good way can really speed things up for you specially when it comes to investing. For people who are not capable of putting that investment up-front this is great way to buy yourself time instead of dipping and tapping intyo your savings account or putting money up-front.

However, OPM if not used in the right manner can also be destructive.
  • borrow money from lenders at 2%-5% then loan it for 10%. it takes 1 month to get the profit though.
  • omengomeng PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
  • Great way to get info :)
  • A quick search engine scan using the title of this thread yields many results at http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+make+money+without+money&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

There's a lot of free ideas and information out there. Also, lots of blogs that talk about the same topic, I'm sure some have very useful nuggets.
  • I want to say thank you for taking the time to reply and giving your suggestions. This is a very interesting subject for me as I teach wealth creation.

One of the things that I have discovered while doing my research, especially on the search engines, is that there is not too much really good creative ways to make money for people who have none.

As unemployment increases as well as prices do, I am interested in putting information together that can really solve peoples problems in this area of business.

Thanks for taking the time to help and may I invite you to take a look at my website and join my newsletter while you are there.

Be abundant.

Tim

P.S. Keep adding ideas.
  • tennisacetennisace PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    One of the things that I have discovered while doing my research, especially on the search engines, is that there is not too much really good creative ways to make money for people who have none.

That's not surprising. You need money to make money.

OPM only works if you have something of value that you can leverage, whether it's cash, property or other valuable assets.

Borrowing from lenders is the same thing as OPM.

If we strip away all our material trappings, the only asset we have left is ourselves. We have to wonder what do we have to offer? Some people sell their bodies. Some people sell their skills. Others sell their ideas. If they have none, they try to develop one. Some become inventors or innovators, while others put themselves in a situation where they can become enablers and facilitators. We cannot ignore the power of observation. There will always be things that can be improved, procedures that can be tweaked, needs that can be filled, services that can be optimized. The bottomline is: there is always another way, and there is always better way. There are people who pay a lot of money to those who can show them another way or a better way.
  • i attended a free training course on selling pre need products... took me a few days to finish the free training and Q&A with my manager...

made a list og potential clients...ranging from immediate family, to relatives, to friends...or my friends family, friends relative... you get the drift...

hit the pavement...called for appointments or referral.....
    only thing I invested is my time.....and my saliva, so to speak...

I work whenever I want to...no quota so no pressure...
    My first check from a client gave me 5k upfront...
    been doing this ever since as a sideline....
  • some people are afraid of selling but its the fastest way to accumulate capital which you can use for other business startup....

selling is quite scary at first...but as you gain confidence and polish your technique...you'll get use to it....and overcome the fear
  • sell your stuffs, garage sale!
  • SELLING only works, if you have something to sell in the first place.

But since the given is that you have ZERO MONEY (or zero assets) for starters, then it is almost impossible to even borrow money to start a business when you don't have any proof to show that you can pay it off.

So instead of selling something you own, you can HELP sell the merchandise of SOMEONE ELSE. This means you become an EMPLOYEE of someone else. Becoming an employee or a business partner requires that you have SOME FORM OF TALENT that is USABLE.

And finally, when you have ZERO MONEY, ZERO ASSETS, and ZERO TALENT, then the only thing left is prostitution.
  • TheWookie wrote: »
    And finally, when you have ZERO MONEY, ZERO ASSETS, and ZERO TALENT, then the only thing left is prostitution.

Hmmmm, I wouldn't go that far. You can work someone else as an employee to gain assets. You can help others with simple tasks like simple versions of data entry. Either in person or online. People have many options. The only limits are their personal wills and imaginations.

You don't have to sell your body or humiliate yourself to make money, if you have TIME and effort you can convert these into money. Prostitution is just a shortcut used by a few who don't wish to go through the hassle and sacrifice of finding something in themselves that can benefit others which others will pay for (besides sex).
  • Sex for money as a form of self-humiliation, is just a frame of mind as viewed by a third-party who is not even involved in that business transaction between consenting adults.

Morality is always attached with Religion. That is why in countries where there is a clear separation of Church and State, prostitution is often a legal business that is taxable.

While prostitution can be viewed as a "shortcut" in earning big money without the hassles and sacrifices of a 9-to-5 office or factory worker, the "practicality" of it is just a matter of opinion. A lot of white and blue collar workers are humiliated constantly just the same, by getting low wages working in sweatshops with no insurance coverage, social security, or the prospect of ever becoming a regular employee.

The bias against prostitution is just a frame of mind.
  • dark_justicedark_justice PEx Rookie ⭐
    TheWookie wrote: »

speaking from experience?:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • No. Prostitution is the oldest profession known in history, if you haven't Googled it yet. :naughty: