Home PEx Hobbies Arts and Crafts
Tip: Value your mental health. Put that annoying PExer on your ignore list.

All About Musicals/Showtunes!

Comments

• I am a huge fan of Originals thus my favorite Wicked team is Chenzel (Kristin and Idina) but my second favorite is Sho and Megan!!
  • Personally, I'm biased for Julia Murney, whom I saw last Feb 2007...I loved her version of Defying Gravity...there was something about her voice that captured my heart. I have no comparison though. My sister liked Shoshana Bean better than Julia Murney...
  • IMG-3480.jpg?et=JXKmHNvLUKgNTziO4TYImA&nmid=106788873
    (taken last night when we watched [title of show] and i sat beside Julia Murney, she's beyond adorable!)

With-Megan-Hilty.jpg?et=jT%2BgnnJeX9c%2CF1GEOKe1RA&nmid=18892538
    (this picture was taken back in 2005 during Megan Hilty's first ever performance in Wicked-Broadway)

With-Shoshana-BeanA.jpg?et=FZvc7%2BJ4sWS4TdTTWwMYIQ&nmid=18892538
    (with my most favorite Elphaba of all, Shoshana Bean)
  • Omg, I love Shoshana too! Haha, biased as hell, though a lot of people say that Eden has the more powerful voice, which is more suitable for Defying Gravity. But but but Megan and Sho's For Good is so heartfelt that it makes you all fuzzy inside.. :love:
  • Haha enteng.00 -- I love the pics with Sho and Megan. Especially the one with Megan - you look like BFFs! :lol: *is jealous*
  • Post more pics enteng! I don't have the guts to pose with them eh...I only have pics with 2 cast members of In the Heights...LOL. "Benny" and Usnavi's cousin :P
  • haha, mag post ka na ng pictures, sige na!!!! hahaha. bilis! sige, magpopost pa ako ng madami pag nag post ka!

For the third time, I watched Spring Awakening last night - with totally new set of actors - and a lot younger than the original - the cast is more authentic now as compared to the original cast, but needless to say - the artistry and panache of each actors and of the whole musical itself is still intact and kicking. Mas realistic lang kasi totoong 14'2 to 18's year olds ang mga actors. Plus, Christine Estabrook who played 'Old Woman' was awesome (siya yung Mrs Martha Huber sa Desperate Housewives). I got teary eyed pa din nung palabas ako ng Eugene O'neal. Worth it pa rin!
  • Waaaa kakainggit yung pics!!
  • Hmmm....I know we had discussed this in the Wicked Thread, but just to continue that topic in this thread -- what are your dream roles???? :)

I've said earlier that I've always wanted to play Mimi Marquez in Rent....Right now however, I'm really obsessed with Louise from Gypsy and Roxy Hart (a role which I never really thought of playing until I saw the stage version-- I loved how "kulit" and "kenkoy" Roxy was).

My very FIRST dream role,as a child was Kim of Miss Saigon...:P
  • My first ever dream role was Annie when I was little but when we did a production, my friend got the role and I was just an orphan :P bhahaha. then I wanted anything from the Sound of music and I got to play Brigitta's part so I'm so happy for that :)

Right now, I wanted to play Nessarose from Wicked (because I'm weird like that) then yeah Louise from Gypsy :)
  • I saw Xanadu last night, it was Whoopi Goldberg's first performance as Cleope in Xanadu. I want to be Cheyenne Jackson's character - Sonny.

IMG-3512.jpg?et=3p65lYmXEsm%2Bkh2gtPz15A&nmid=108034031
    with Tony Winner - Lin Manuel Miranda of In the Heights

IMG-3596.jpg?et=v8x7ZqgU62A6ShUjTItecw&nmid=108034031
    with Tracy Thoms who is now playing Joanne in RENT. She was the one who played Joanne in the Movie version, she was also the black best girl friend of Anne Hathaway in The Devil's Wear Prada.

IMG-3619.jpg?et=%2C89ku2uU9eQEXVI1Y%2C%2BAaw&nmid=108034031
    with B'way Diva and Tony Winner - Priscilla Lopez. She is the ORIGINAL Diana Morales of the Original Production of A Chorus Line. The character is really based on her life. She's in In the Heights now.

IMG-3645.jpg?et=wG2F4iMnH3vQ0CtX8JeEvA&nmid=108034031
    dont you just love Eden Espinosa? She kinda gained some weight ngayon, pero ok lang. She's a terrific Maureen!

IMG-3665.jpg?et=L8VdDeSnYRcCvcXMO0HMSg&nmid=108034031
    Whoopi

IMG-3668.jpg?et=bX%2BfgxTVIH5pAbIDfZ5hSw&nmid=108034031
    With Whoopi Goldberg last night at Xanadu.
  • I'm freaking out...check this out guys:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=30560

I'm on the 26th picture in the column with Whoopi Goldberg! bwahaha! Immortalized nako with Whoopi Goldberg kahit singit lang...hahahaha! That was just last night here in New York during Whoopi's first performance in Xanadu the Musical.
  • ENTENG I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha
  • enteng.00 wrote: »

IMG-3596.jpg?et=v8x7ZqgU62A6ShUjTItecw&nmid=108034031
    with Tracy Thoms who is now playing Joanne in RENT. She was the one who played Joanne in the Movie version, she was also the black best girl friend of Anne Hathaway in The Devil's Wear Prada.

IMG-3645.jpg?et=wG2F4iMnH3vQ0CtX8JeEvA&nmid=108034031
    dont you just love Eden Espinosa? She kinda gained some weight ngayon, pero ok lang. She's a terrific Maureen!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee :eek::rolleyes: I hate you also! LOL :lol:
  • nyay! :) hehehehe mag post naman kayo ng mga pics!
  • I haven't bought tickets for Cinderella yet...can you believe it?? How was the show anyway???
  • My ninong bought tickets already but I still don't know what date and seats. yay! I am excited :)
  • Great thread! I love musicals! my faves from Broadway are Wicked, Rent, Avenue Q, Miss Saigon and In The Heights. I'm also obsessed with movie musicals, my top 5 are The Wizard of Oz, My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, West Side Story and Singin' in the Rain. :D

I Can't wait to purchase the cast recording of Cinderella, someone uploaded lea's version of 'In my own little corner' on youtube, I've been listening to it everyday and it makes me even more excited to see the show on the 22nd!
  • Anyone know where i can download wicked's performance (w/idina menzel). Sa youtube, either super bright or nanginginig.. ;D