Home PEx Business and Careers The Entrepreneur's Corner

Paaralan | Biz

Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited March 2019 in The Entrepreneur's Corner
Thinking of exploring the possibilities of opening a language school. What things should I consider. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Hmmm... Seriously considering this as well.

Let's see what the others have to say.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Still nothing? hmmm.
  • hi there. actualy my sister used to be part of a korean online language school until she started on her own. recently she's been bugging me to take over as she wants to go full time on her jewelry online business.
    havent been in business for so long. hirap ako mag isip kung anu gagawin ko sa negosyo nya. she's been turning away so many clients kasi di na nya ma handle sa school nya. basically the market is there problem is finding the teachers to teach. infrastructure and equipment is also been setup just need additional funding and possible venture capitalist to push it further expansion wise. rami potential talaga. somebody just really needs to run with it. problem ko lang talaga is the positive mental attitude to go ahead with that plan. as it is hesitant parin ako mag balik negosyo. got burned out so much dati. its really hard going back home to my entrepreneurial self

edit add(hay naku nag sharing na naman wala na akong ka dala dala): but then again is that a good way to start a business because nag hihinayang ka sa itatapon lang na negosyo?, id still rather work on my trading. but sometimes its nice to have a tangible brick and mortar business to occupy your free time.
  • If you need spanish part-time teacher let me know. My sister is fluent in spanish.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
  • malaki korean market who wants to study english....you can do this exclusively... even provide additional tutoring services at their home...

ma tap mo ito ang laki ng budget nila....tanong.. sino lalapitan mo contact...
  • Hey Ice burn.. I'm thinking of putting up a language center as well.. Did your plan push through? I'm still on the first stage, knowing the proper procedures.. I would appreciate your thoughts on this..
  • gusto ko rin to. how do i start?
  • I_am_teacher and silver, get a clue. If you clicked on the italki.com button on my previous post, you would realize that language learning is actually FREE through Web 2.0 and online social networks. Is it effective? Yes! I speak better Mandarin in just 4 weeks of italki over those who spent a year in Beijing.
  • A computer school has closed before it had a chance to fully open, and now its owners are selling off the entire set-up.

The setup includes two fully-equipped classrooms, capable of housing 18 students per room. Each student's desk has a Sunde network terminal, a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse and a chair.

The rooms also come with two routers, split-level Kolin air conditioners, a teacher's table and chair, as well as an instructor's desktop.

Pictures to follow. Price is negotiable. Must see to appreciate.

email mvbarb[email protected] for more details.
  • Ice Burn wrote: »
    Thinking of exploring the possibilities of opening a language school. What things should I consider. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You should focus on the Korean market learning English(instead of offering different languages). Rent a small place that is accessible and safe, turn it into a classroom and office. Hire one secretary and 2 part-time teachers. Make a brochure with course description say beginners, intermediate, advance, conversational, written, etc. english and advertise. The most important thing is to find qualified and dedicated instructors(let them make a lesson plan ahead) and effective modules.

Or better yet, start off with the teacher going to the student's place, so wala kang overhead charges. Advertise lang ang kailangan.
  • Nichibun wrote: »
    The most important thing is to find qualified and dedicated instructors(let them make a lesson plan ahead) and effective modules.
    The most important thing is to have students enroll in your classes. You'll be competing against Internet Cafes where they charge 60 pesos per hour.
    Or better yet, start off with the teacher going to the student's place, so wala kang overhead charges. Advertise lang ang kailangan.
    Patay! Your teachers will end up resigning and going on their own.