Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - TV
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Pagdating sa paggawa ng creative shows, diyan magaling ang ABC-5

Pagdating sa creative shows, diyan magaling ang ABC-5.

Ano ang iyong paboritong TV shows na nagawa ng ABC-5 noon hanggang ngayon?

Ako...
*Sing Galing
*Family Feud Pinoy Edition
*Wheel of Fortune Pinoy Edition
*Philippine Idol
*Diretsahan
*Three Blind Dates
*Frontlines
*Sing Galing ni Pops
*Puso o Pera
*Slingo
*Totoo TV
*Blind Item: The 1,000,000 Peso Showbiz Game Show
*Ispup
*Ogag
*Tropang Trumpo

Comments

• yup..........abc5 at ibc 13 nagsimula ng franchise
  • THIS TIME I *okay*

*Ogag ( KINOPYA NG GMA "SI TSONG SI TSANG)
    *Philippine Idol (INAGAW NG GMA NAGING CHEAP NA PINOY IDOL)
    *Sing Galing ( KINOPYA NG GMA "K ALL STAR CHANLLENGE)
    *Tropang Trumpo (KINOPYA NG GMA "BUBBLE GANG, INAGAW PA ANG MGA HOST)

:rotfl: wala talagang originality ang mga Kapuso!! :rotfl: nakakahiya
  • :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: [highlight]ABC-5 UPDATES[/highlight] :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

REMAKES:

[highlight]Gol & Gincu[/highlight]

[highlight]Spa Q[/highlight]

DRAMA:

[highlight]Five Oranges[/highlight] (July 2008)
    Say Alonzo, Roxanne Barcelo, Joross Gamboa, Megan Young

COMEDY:

[highlight]Fly Boyz[/highlight] (July 2008)
    Joross Gamboa, Dominic Ochoa, John Estrada

VARIETY SHOW:

[highlight]Student Canteen[/highlight] (July 2008)

[highlight]Oras ng Ligaya[/highlight] (July 2008)

NEWS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS:

[highlight]Dokyu Season 7[/highlight] (Soon)

[highlight]Frontlines[/highlight] (Soon)

[highlight]That's My Job[/highlight] July 5, 2008
    Isko Moreno, Karen Agustin

SHOWS ARE TO BE REFORMATTED:

[highlight]Big News[/highlight] (July 2008)

[highlight]Sentro[/highlight] (July 2008)

[highlight]ABC News Alert[/highlight] (July 2008)

Dahil sa ABC IBA TAYO! *okay*
  • adik2ha wrote: »
    :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: [highlight]ABC-5 UPDATES[/highlight] :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

REMAKES:

DRAMA:

COMEDY:

VARIETY SHOW:

NEWS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS:

IM EXCITED SA MGA SHOWS NG ABC .. AT LEAST MY VARIETY DI LANG 2 STATION .. SANA NGA LUMAKAS ANG ABC.. PATI NA RIN SANA RPN9 PARA MAS MADAMING OPTION AT DI LANG KAPAMILYA AT KAPUSO ANG MGA VIEWERS .... GOOD LUCK ABC-5
  • marian_palad, excited na din po ako. hehehe.
  • Philippine Idol! Mas najustify pa ng ABC5 ang franchise na to compared sa version ngayon ng GMA7!
  • Lahat tayo excited na sa malaking pagbabago ng ABC Channel 5. Hehehe. Sana mala-Sun Cellular ang magiging hakbang ng ABC-5. Na bigla na lamang sumikat ng husto.
  • gusto ko yung Ogag, wow mali, maverick&ariel at syempre DOKYU

Sa kanila din ba yung battle of the brainless dati?
  • milk&soda, sa ABC-5 nga po. Bukas, July 2008 na! Sana luminaw na ang reception ng ABC-5.

=========

from rd2mms of ABC Forums

Ongoing Work at the ABC-5 Tower

Guys, as you have noticed lately, may mga gumagawa sa ABC-5 main tower in Novaliches Quezon City. They are about to replace the current antenna panels with new ones to compliment with Tony Boy Cojuangco's newly-acquired Electrosys transmitter system.

So kung biglang lumabo ng sobra ang signal ng Channel 5 today, it simply means that they are using temporary antennas for the time being (similar to what ABS-CBN did back in 1999 when they replaced their antenna bays).

So please bear with us. By the third quarter of this year, kasabay ng mga bagong programs sa Channel 5, expect a stronger & clearer ABC-5 viewing experience. =)
  • 4 days to go, umpisa na ang:

cap00ar6.jpg

ngayong Sabado na!
  • 1 araw na lang. Umpisa na ang:

cap00ar6.jpg

BUKAS NA!
  • Laurice faces the camera once more
    Walden Sadiri

From behind the camera, esteemed director Laurice Guillen "revived" her acting career anew in ABS-CBN’s newest soap opera, "Iisa Pa Lamang."

"I have no problem switching between directing and acting," shared Laurice. "They offered me the role because siguro alam nila na mas mahirap yung trabaho ng director sa teleserye. And I think hindi sa ayaw nila akong mag-direct but they prefer me to direct for the movies and act in a teleserye. In that way hindi masyadong mabigat sa akin."

Laurice’s last acting stint on TV was in "Maalaala Mo Kaya" which was two years ago while her last film on the big screen was "Noon at Ngayon" by Marilou Diaz-Abaya in 2003.

"It’s not like an actress na every three months you have a new show kung baga ensayado ka," said Laurice of her acting comeback. "So when I’m teaching acting I’m also doing the actors’ exercises when they’re doing them."

Laurice said there was a time in her acting career that she felt she was not going anywhere.

"It was hard to recapture the passion in acting after I left. I was really heartbroken…but through the years I realized that when I was acting again, my initial feeling was sana as a director na lang. But of course I was happy they considered me," she said.

In "Iisa Pa Lamang," Laurice comes from an old rich and political family. She plays the mother of Gabby Concepcion and will do anything to foil his romance with Claudine Barretto.

"Ang peg nga ng director namin na si Ruel Bayani dito is like Imelda Marcos. Pero sabi ko Hillary Clinton na lang. So I got her photos. And since I have a good cutter na magaling, I showed it to her to make my suites for me…because we are an old wealthy political family dapat simple but well groomed ang labas," explained Laurice.

Aside from rekindling her passion for acting, Laurice has become conscious about her looks.

"In a sense it forced me on the physical level to rehabilitate my looks. Yung bang mga magpa-diamond peel ka at kung anu-ano ka. Like the regular skin treatments my daughter Ina gets regularly. You have to do that because in a way you forget how old you are so now you’re starting to care for yourself physically. Importante rin yan whether I like it or not," she said.

She only has good words for "her son" Gabby Concepcion. "I’ve worked with Gabby before and I never had any problems with him. We understand each other and we respect each other. I know how he thinks. He is very easy and he is very nice to work with. Instant rapport kami agad in ‘Iisa Pa Lamang.’"

Laurice was the director of Gabby’s movies such as "Rosenda," "Una Kang Naging Akin" and "Tayong Dalawa."

Laurice is also one of the voices in the full-length animation in the Metro Manila Film Festival entry "Dayo." In the works also is her production TV series "Hush, Hush" for ABC-5.

She and husband Johnny Delgado also recently put up Pixelgrain Inc., a company that caters to the needs of filmmakers – professional or non-professionals, mainstreams or independent.

"It’s more of a content provider but right now we started with service na post production basically subtitling and recording and workshops with the Actor’s Studio," said Laurice who is also the Competition Chairperson of Cinemalaya.

Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/ENTR20080704128905.html
  • :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: [highlight]ABC-5 UPDATES[/highlight] :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

DRAMA:

[highlight]Hush, Hush[/highlight] (Soon)

REMAKES:

COMEDY:

VARIETY SHOW:

NEWS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS:

• Laurice back in full blast
    DIRECTLINE By Boy Abunda
    Monday, June 30, 2008

ent2.jpg

There are many reasons exceptional director and actress Laurice Guillen is thankful these days. Aside from being busy shooting for her much-awaited comeback on TV as an actress, she’s paving the way for the upcoming Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Competition in July and getting ready for the launch of her new show on a soon-to-be-launched channel in August.

“I’m very thankful for all these blessings,” she said. “I am glad that I am getting all these projects and making full use of my time.”

The highly respected actress is busy shooting for her new teleserye on ABS-CBN billed Iisa Pa Lamang. On the TV series, she plays the role of a glamorous mother to Gabby Concepcion’s role who belongs to a rich and political family.

Working with the balikbayan is no longer new to the veteran actress-director. Laurice directed Gabby in highly-acclaimed feature films like Una Kang Naging Akin, Tayong Dalawa and Rosenda.

With a stellar casting that includes Gabby and Claudine Barretto, the new teleserye is already generating so much buzz this early. Aside from these showbiz royalties, the drama series also stars Diether Ocampo, Angelica Panganiban, Cherry Pie Picache, Matt Evans, Melissa Ricks and Susan Roces.

With a cast that includes some of the most talented actors and actresses from different generations, Iisa Pa Lamang is considered the most ambitious project ever ventured into by the Kapamilya network. Laurice is more than grateful to be given the chance to act once again and work with former assistant director, Ruel Bayani. Iisa Pa Lamang is also under the direction of Manny Palo. Lani Misalucha sings the program’s theme song.

“I haven’t acted in two years,” she shared. “The last time I got the chance to act was two years ago in an episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya. I’m happy that I’m acting again.”

Laurice once played the role of stepmother of Janice de Belen on Flor de Luna. She has also won a series of awards as an actress and director, including the prestigious Urian Award for Best Director in 1981 for her movie Salome. She was also the Best Actress in a Single Performance on Television (1970) for her performance on Babae.

Aside from her new teleserye, Laurice also announced that preparations have shifted to high gears for the 2008 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Competition in July. The 10 finalists for the Short Feature Category include Andong by Rommel “Milo” Tolentino; Ang Ibang Mga Pamilya by Joel Ruiz; Angan-Angan (Dreams) and Trails of Water by Sheron Dayoc; Diamante sa Langit by Vic Acedillo Jr.; Only God Knows by Mark Reyes; Huling Biktima by Vitaliano Rave; My Pet by Anna Bigornia; Panggaris by Dexter Cayanes; and Tutos by L.A. Yamsuan.

The 10 finalists for the Full Length Feature Category, on the other hand, are 100 by Chris Martinez; Baby Angelo by Joel Ruiz and Abi Aquino; Boses by Ellen Ongkeko-Marfil and Froi Medina; Brutus by Tara Illenberger; Concerto by Paul Alexander Morales; Huling Pasada by Paul Sta. Ana; Jay by Francis Xavier Pasion; My Fake American Accent by Onnah Valera; Namets by Emilio “Jay” Abello; and Ranchero by Michael Christian Cardoz.

The full length feature film entries were selected from a total of 194 entries submitted for the competition. As finalists, they will receive an initial seed investment of P500,000 from Econolink Investments, Inc. The final winning entry will be given an additional grant of P200,000 plus the Cinemalaya Trophy during the awarding ceremony on July 20 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. Screening will be from July 11 to 20 at the CCP.

“So far every entry looks promising,” Laurice proudly shared. “Maganda lahat ang script. Some are even ambitious.”

Recently, Laurice and husband Johnny Delgado put up Pixelgrain, Inc., a company that provides post-production services like editing, subtitling and recording. It also conducts acting workshops. Their studio is located at 380 Julieta Circle.

Pixelgrain has a state-of-the-art studio equipped with editing suite and recording studio. It also has an actor studio where trainings and preparations in the craft of acting and directing actors are conducted.

The post-production studio is now busy preparing a light drama series titled Hush-hush that will soon be aired on ABC 5.

Source: http://www.philstar.com/archives.php?&aid=2008062932&type=2&
  • July 2008 po ang launching ng 12 new shows ng ABC-5. At isinasaayos din ang reception ng ABC-5. Ayon 'yan sa nabasa kong article.

August 2008 po ang pinakatodo-todo nilang malaking pagbabago. Diyan nila ilo-launch ang iba pang TV programs nila. At sa buwang Agosto din mawawala na sa kanila ang PBA rights dahil matatapos na ang season ng PBA for 2007-2008.
  • Balikan ang glory days ng ABC-5...

ABS-CBN asks Ai Ai to leave ABC show
    First posted 21:46:35 (Mla time) August 29, 2004
    Marinel Cruz
    Inquirer News Service

AI AI de las Alas is leaving her hosting job on "Sing-Galing," a singing contest on ABC 5, because her "exclusive contract" with ABS-CBN no longer allows it, according to the comedian-TV host herself.

Ai Ai said she became "very depressed" when she heard the news from her ABS-CBN bosses.

"'Sing-Galing' helped me raise my family for six years," she said. "I've been doing 'Sing-Galing' even when I was still with GMA 7. I really love the show. Gratitude was the reason I never left it.

"But everybody knows that I'm an exclusive talent of ABS now, so I have to let go of it," she added.

ABC 5 vice president for entertainment Terra Daffon said the network received a notice from ABS-CBN six months ago. The notice informed ABC 5 that "(ABS-CBN) is invoking the exclusivity clause in Ai Ai's talent contract."

"They are no longer allowing Ai Ai to host it ('Sing-Galing')," Daffon explained. "But they were kind enough to give us a six-month extension. The extension expires this August."

Ai Ai's last taping day for "Sing-Galing" is Sept. 15, according to the comedian.

Ai Ai's co-host, John Lapus, will be retained, said Daffon.

Ai Ai is also one of the hosts of ABS-CBN's noontime variety show, "MTB: Ang Saya Saya," and is the lead character in the weekly sitcom "Ang Tanging Ina: The TV Series," on the same network.

She has also starred in films like "Ang Tanging Ina" and "Volta," both produced by Star Cinema, an affiliate of ABS-CBN.

"Hindi na nila ako pinayagan," said Ai Ai of her ABS-CBN bosses. "But ABC 5 said I could always come back. There is no bad blood between the network and me."

She said she is confident ABS-CBN will give her "extra work" to make up for her losing the show on ABC 5.

"'Sing-Galing' also meant added income for me," she said. "I've been part of the show for so long, I was already earning a big pay."

Ai Ai's original partner in "Sing-Galing" was Allan K, who left to host its rival show on GMA 7, "K! The 1-Million-Peso Videoke Challenge," with singer Jaya Ramsey. "K!" host Arnel Ignacio in turn moved to Channel 2 to co-host "MTB" with Ai Ai.

"What I liked about hosting 'Sing-Galing' is that my work there was very light," Ai Ai explained. "I would start my taping at 4 p.m. and finish at 8 p.m. And that's for two episodes."

Daffon said ABC 5 is still looking for a host to replace Ai Ai. There is already a short-list of possible replacements, she said. "But the show's new format will dictate the kind of host we will have," she said. "He or she should sing well and should be funny, just like Ai Ai."

Daffon said ABC 5 is still working on the show's new concept.

"It will be more exciting," she said. "There'll be innovations. We'll be adding a reality-TV element to it."

"I'll probably cry on my last taping day," said Ai Ai. "I learned a lot from the show. I also met a lot of interesting people because of it. I hope the viewers will continue supporting the show. I hope they will give the new host a chance to prove his or her worth."

Source: http://archive.inquirer.net/view.php?db=0&story_id=7655

===

Sayang. Sana i-reproduce uli ito ng ABC-5 with the new title. Sana this time payagan na si Ms. Ai-Ai delas Alas ng ABS-CBN na mag-show uli sa ABC-5. At least may regular show siya uli.
  • Anong dating TV shows ng ABC-5 ang gusto niyong i-reproduce uli ng ABC-5? Papalitan din ng bagong title at improved na rin ang show.

Ako:
    *Sing Galing
    *Ispup
    *Wow Mali
  • Kung may mga suggestions o feedback kayo sa ABC-5. Send niyo lang sa kanilang e-mail addresses:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

DRAMA:

[highlight]Hush, Hush[/highlight] (Soon)

REMAKES:

COMEDY:

VARIETY SHOW:

NEWS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS:

SPECIAL COVERAGE:

[highlight]SONA 2008: The ABC News and Public Affairs Special Coverage[/highlight] (July 28, 2008)

• TV commercial model Ryan Julio gets his first taste of showbiz controversy
    Roldan Castro
    Thursday, July 10, 2008
    12:09 AM

Nakatanggap ang PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) ng press statement mula sa talent manager na si Joey Aquino tungkol sa diumano'y pagiging "ingrate" ni Ryan Julio, ang model sa TV commercial ng isang coffee product na may mga kasama itong aliens at tila new kid in school ang dating.

Si Ryan ay first runner-up din sa Mr. Pogi contest ng Eat... Bulaga! noong 2006, kung saan nanalo si Edgar Allan Guzman.

Ayon sa press statement ni Mr. Aquino na manager din ng former Mutya ng Pilipinas winner at ex-PBB housemate na si Zara Aldana at ng teen newcomer na si PJ Valerio:

"Bago pa siya sumali sa Mr. Pogi ng Eat... Bulaga! pumirma na siya ng kontrata sa Fundamental Artist Management o FAM [talent handling group na pag-aari ni Mr. Aquino] para sa management ng kanyang showbiz career. Ang validity nito ay hanggang 2010.

"Ngunit nang manalo siya bilang first runner-up sa Mr. Pogi noong 2006, nagkaroon kami ng internal arrangement, na pinauubaya muna namin ang kanyang career kay Ms. Malou Choa-Fagar ng TAPE [Television And Production Exponents]. Dalawang taon ang bisa ng kanyang kontrata doon, from April, 2006 to April, 2008.

Patuloy ni Mr. Aquino, "Sa loob ng dalawang taon ay hindi nakialam ang FAM sa lahat ng kanilang projects, maging ang kanilang plano. In fairness, ibinigay naman nila ang mga nararapat na komisyon sa kanilang projects ayon na rin sa probisyon ng aming internal agreement. Pero hindi lahat ay dineklara. Tanging mga raket lang niya na aming natutukan o nakarating sa aming kaalaman ang aming nakomisyunan.

"Gayunpaman, hindi ito ang isyu. Kung anuman ang legalidad na dapat pag-usapan ay naayos na sa mabuting usapan. Kaya naman opisyal na binitawan na ng FAM ang career management ni Ryan. Ang tunay na isyu dito ay ang mga sumusunod: 1. Ang harap-harapan nilang pagsisinungaling na ‘di pa raw sila [Ryan and company] pumipirma ng kontrata kay Becky Aguila; samantalang nakakontrata pa rin siya sa FAM, at, 2. Ang kawalan nila ng respeto sa taong nagmalasakit, naniwala at nagtiyaga nung nagsisimula pa lang siya sa showbiz.

"Ang sa amin lang, gusto naming iparating sa showbiz ang ganitong klase ng tao. Na hindi namin hahayaan na ibasura at tapakan ang aming dignidad at kredibilidad."

May sagot naman ang ina ni Ryan na si Mommy Cecille sa press statement ni Mr. Aquino.

" First of all, before we signed contract with Tita Becky Aguila last July 1, 2008, Ryan was already released, effective June 27, 2008.

"We settled all our obligations with him [Joey Aquino] amicably. We buy-out the contract for Php 50 thousand per year. We have remaining two years so we pay him a total of Php 100 thou for the contract alone. Regarding po sa commissions for the commercials, we gave him the 30 percent commission, kahit po hindi sa kanya galing ang project.

"So, sa lahat po ng project ni Ryan sa commercial, 30 percent goes to the agent and the other 30 percent goes to Sir Joey. And lahat po ng project na ginawa ni Ryan during his contract with TAPE—which has an inclusive date of May 2006 to May 2008—nagko-comply po kami ng aming financial obligation sa FAM. Lahat po yan ay supported ng documents. Kahit po itong huling payment namin, may release paper kami and the photo-copy of the manager's check amounting to Php 153,850. Masasabi ko po we settled it amicably and wala naman po naging problema doon sa last meeting namin," sabi pa ni Mommy Cecille.

"At hanggang ngayon po, nagpapasalamat po kami sa kanya sa mga ginawa po niya kay Ryan since nung start ng Mr. Pogi. We really appreciate and andito pa din po ang respeto namin sa kanya. Hindi na po mawawala ‘yon."

Dagdag pa ni Mommy Cecille, "Kung wala po kaming respeto sa kanya, hindi na kami nagpaalam nang maayos at nakipag-usap sa kanya. Nung matapos ang contract namin sa TAPE, one year naghintay ang anak ko na bigyan niya ng project pero wala siyang ibinibigay.

"Ayaw ko na pong palakihin at humaba ito dahil pa rin sa respeto sa kanya. Nagtataka po ako kung bakit may ganoong reaksyon si Sir Joey. Tinext pa niya si Tita Becky na ingrato ang anak ko.

Ipinakita pa sa amin ni Mommy Cecille ang text ni Mr. Aquino kay Tita Becky.

"Hi, Becky. This is Joey Aquino, manager of PJ Valerio and Zara Aldana. Nice to know that our talents are working together. Jasmine with Zara (sa Wheel of Fortune), PJ and Empress. Now, PJ will be working with your new talent Ryan Julio. Ironically, Ryan has an existing contract with me until 2010 when he signed a contract with you. Don't worry, he has been released effective June 27, 2008. I don't keep INGRATE talents like him. Hopefully, as we are both talent managers, he will not do the same with you. This is just a notice of concern. See you around. Thanks."

"Nasaktan ako," sabi ni Mommy Cecille. "Ang ayos ng usapan namin. Nabayaran namin yung demands niya. Alam niya ang totoo. Nag-text siya ng, ‘Okey, everything was settled. I got the check.' Akala ko okey na yun at nagbigay pa siya ng release paper," paliwanag pa ng ina ni Ryan.

Nakatanggap din ang PEP ng text mula kay Tita Becky tungkol sa isyung ito:

"Bayad ang ex-manager. Ryan paid him almost 154 thou for the release. The ex-manager got paid for all the commercials Ryan got from different ad agencies even if the project was booked by another agency. He has never given Ryan work after ‘Eat Bulaga'. He didn't even recommended the boy in the ABC project I got for him. He had the chance but he did not move for Ryan. I signed him up July 1. The ex-manager released him June 27. The ex-manager texted me that time. I had no knowledge before that Ryan had a manager. I was under the impression that he was a former talent of TAPE ofc.

Dagdag text-tsika pa ni Tita Becky: "Ryan Julio , 19 and 5'7" is the cute Nescafe Boy. He's upcoming project is with ABC 5. He plays leading man to 15 year old Empress Schuck. Empress plays the lead role. ‘G & G' is a teenage drama series coming very soon in ABC-5."

Source: http://www.pep.ph/news/18243/TV-commercial-model-Ryan-Julio-gets-his-first-taste-of-showbiz-controversy