Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

American Idol Season 8

:rocker: Get ready for the 8th season of American Idol! :rocker:

:bounce2: It's audition season once again! :bounce2:

The Auditions will be held in the following cities:

* San Francisco, California: Cow Palace - July 17
* Louisville, Kentucky: Freedom Hall - July 21
* Phoenix, Arizona: Jobing.com Arena - July 25
* Salt Lake City, Utah: EnergySolutions Arena - July 29
* San Juan, Puerto Rico: Coliseo de Puerto Rico - August 2
* Kansas City, Missouri: Sprint Center - August 8
* Jacksonville, Florida: Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena - August 13
* East Rutherford, New Jersey: Izod Center - August 19

The above list is subject to change. Contestants are required to be between the ages 16 and 28 on July 15, 2008 and eligible to work in the United States. Those ineligible include former contestants who reached the top 40-50 of past seasons (based on past seasons), those holding recording or management contracts or those who are not US citizens or landed immigrants (i.e. temporary residents).

source: americanidol.com

Comments

• Puerto Rico, eh?

REPLY #1 :bounce: :love: :bounce:
  • mac326mac326 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    happyjam wrote: »

* San Francisco, California: Cow Palace - July 17

hmmm.... daming pinoy! ;)
  • ^ Yeah, maraming pinoy ang susugod nyan. Malapit ba naman SSF and Daly City. :lol:
  • yeomyung!yeomyung! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hahahahahahaha!!!!

ang aga naman nito...

i'm excited na din for the next season next year!
  • kryzlkryzl PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sana maraming brooke at jason na mag-audition. haha... kaexcite ihh!
  • sana maraming kristy na sumali :naughty:
  • Wow! Ang aga naman niyan! hehe..:)

Good luck sa mga mag-au-audition! :)
  • riverhorseriverhorse PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Oh yes, good luck to all the aspirants. :D
  • rockstaridolrockstaridol PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    puerto rico? State na ba sya ng US? Hehe. The question is, will this thread be half as fun as the other one? Haha
  • ang aga neto ah...
  • Corrrect!Corrrect! PEx Rookie ⭐
    puerto rico? State na ba sya ng US? Hehe. The question is, will this thread be half as fun as the other one? Haha

Commonwealth siya.
  • DAKINDAKIN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ang aga naman nito?
    shocked ako sa Puerto Rico.

I'm sure na-inspire sila kay Archie at gustong manghakot ng Latin Artists.
  • as long as US territory pwede.

yung french idol nga sa montreal naghanap :lol:
  • so... judge pa rin pala si paula...
  • yak sana hawaii na lang ulit. hmpfff. or alaska. san juan?!! baka mag audition si jinggoy!
  • Speculation time.

Ok, so they already have their rocker, their country superstar, their pop/rock girl, their hip-hop-rnb singer and their pop/rnb singer.

What kind of winner don't they have yet?

1. Latino (ala Rickey Martin)
    -Them going to San Juan is very telling. Many people are speculating that Mario Vasquez was a prototype for a future Latino winner. The Latin market is something AI has not yet reached.

2. Popera
    -Kind of like Josh Groban. I actually think they were kind of looking for this kind of singer in season 5, with Stevie Scott and Kevin Covais. Again, it's a huge market that they have yet to explore. Archie last season may have been an early prototype.

3. Contemporary RnB
    -This is what a lot of posters on other boards are speculating that TPTB will be looking for this year, for several reasons. One, it's a very hot market, with people like Chris Brown, NeYo and Usher all dominating radio. Two, the lack of RnB singers last season says that they will probably stack this upcoming season with them. Three, they've already had prototypes that have proven that contemporary RnB can be done on the show, because people like Alexandrea and Nikko Smith have proven this. Neither went too far, but it shows that TPTB are willing to take a chance in this.

4. Disney
    -I think they may have been trying to do this for the past two seasons, with Jordin and then with Archie. I think Archie was supposed to be their male Hannah Montana. But when they realized that he could only sing those "treacly ballads" (tm Simon), they switched horses. This year, they may finally get their cute young Disney protege that sings uptempo kid-familiar songs.

5. The Singer/Songwriter
    -Ala Jack Johnson/Sarah Bareilles/Colbie Caillat. I have no doubt that AI is trying to win credibility in the music world, and one way of doing that is to introduce singer/songwriters and adult contemporary musicians who have real musicality. I also have no doubt that Brooke and Jason were prototypes for the singer/songwriter. I predict that sometime within the next three seasons, a singer/songwriter type will win. I just don't know though if S8 is their time, because it might take a while to change the typical AI mindset that big notes=great singer.
  • paradox19paradox19 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ang aga naman nito. but interesting ang set ng audition places ha? hehe. i just hope this season would be as fun as last season.
  • rockstaridolrockstaridol PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Well fantasia, jordin, and ruben went the contemporary r&b route, especially with jordin. But a male R&B star is what they're lacking in their roster of Idol winners.

Mario Vasquez could have been the first real Latino Idol contender. I don't know what got to his head to quit. Where's he now? Well he's super arrogant so, yeah buti nga.
  • Corrrect!Corrrect! PEx Rookie ⭐
    I predict a male country star will win!
  • ^country's proved to be the biggest seller aside from pop rock clarkson and daughtry. why not?