Battle of the Banks: HSBC vs. JP Morgan Chase — PinoyExchange

Battle of the Banks: HSBC vs. JP Morgan Chase

which is better when it comes to:

1) Basic Salary offered to fesh grad/entry level without experience - para patas tingnan
2) Benefits (Allowances, HMO coverage - may dependents ba?)
3) People, Management, and Workload (I think a very good indication is attrition rate)
4) Pareho Bang May Bond??? Or Wala??
5) Freebies??? (Meal, Coffee, Juice, etc)
6) Career Growth
7) Bonusssssssssssseeeeeeeesssssss???? Commissionssss????????? Appraisal?
8) Work Schedule (shifting? fixed? what time?)
9) Facilities (Nap room, internet, Entertainment room, etc)
10) Application Process (how long does it take)

Please post up-to-date info. Thanks!!!

Comments

• clone19
    clone19 Busy as a bee
    swo0osh wrote: »

1) Basic Salary offered to fesh grad/entry level without experience - para patas tingnan
    3) People, Management, and Workload (I think a very good indication is attrition rate)
    6) Career Growth

di naman bank to e kundi call center ... *peace*
  • tambling naman ako dun...nyahahaha:rotflmao:
  • I was an employee of Chase for a year and this is what I think of the company. let me answer your questions. This only goes for Chase...I do not know anything about HSBC.

1) Basic Salary offered to fesh grad/entry level without experience - para patas tingnan ---- 15k for undergrads
    2) Benefits (Allowances, HMO coverage - may dependents ba?) --- you can have up to 2 dependents for the HMO, Intellicare is their HMO, you'll get 10SLs and 10 VLs...but you have to plot your 5 of your VLs already and it should be consecutive days, so basically 1 week for what reason...well it was explained to us like this...just o check if there would be any discrepancies when you are on VL...plus the platting of VLs is based on tenure...you have to wait for the tenured people to plot their VLs before you, for the allowances...I do not remember but they do have allowances.
    3) People, Management, and Workload (I think a very good indication is attrition rate) --- the people there are ok (agents). I never really liked the atmosphere of the place, that's why I left. My former manager was the best, to think that I was a "pasaway agent" back then. But like other call centers there would always be a "kups" manager. Management sucks, they always promote the open door policy but you would feel the "air space" between the managers and the agents. I mean, Chase is a bank and you would also think that they would have bigger funds for company events or spiffs but the outsource are giving better spiffs than they do. Aside from that, their HR people are practically stupid. They make you sign memos that they haven't read yet Even the managers and OMs do not read the memos that they send out.and the effin memo is for the states and is not applicable for the Philippines, when I say make you sign, it's just not giving you the memo and just pass it to your manager, they literally push you to sign it and tell you to read it after signing it. Attrition wise, there is a lot of people who left chase and I am one of them...I am very though I cannot give you a percentage.
    4) Pareho Bang May Bond??? Or Wala?? --- Chase doesn't have a bond. As far as I remember. So basically, you can leave the company for another center if you are not happy.
    5) Freebies??? (Meal, Coffee, Juice, etc) --- they have free coffee, free juices and basically that's it.
    6) Career Growth --- career growth?!? NAH! my friend has been working as an agent for 4 years already. Though she had attendance issues that's the reason why she can't move up. Chase has a lot of departments. They also have the back offices aside from the call center part of it. My friend told me that their VP is not allowing the mortgage people to move to other LOBs because he is loosing people on the floor. How lame is that? I hope you get the pic.
    7) Bonusssssssssssseeeeeeeesssssss???? Commissionssss????????? Appraisal? --- you get the usual 13th month pay on November, plus you get $400 on your 3rd year for staying that long...retention pay I guess is what they call it. appraisal is once a year...how they calculate is as usual vague to us agents even though how hard your manager tries to explain it to you.
    8) Work Schedule (shifting? fixed? what time?) --- sched is the only thing I love...they're always Sat and Sun off during my time...but then they decided to change it and put different variations to help with the queue...they had 4x10 work sched and a non consecutive day offs...but they still have the usual sat-sun off...it just varies from pod to pod. Kung malas yung pod mo, you get the non-consecutive offs...
    9) Facilities (Nap room, internet, Entertainment room, etc) --- hehehhehe this is the weirdest...they have a sort of break room but it's very small. they do not have a legit nap room make shift nap room lang...but they have lazy boys instead of beds now. When I was there they only have leather couches. And basically that's it. When there would be massage spiffs at work, they occupy the nap area so you are stuck taking a nap on your station na lang...pero bawal yon!!! In other words, wag ka na lang matulog.:rotflmao:
    10) Application Process (how long does it take) --- during my time the application process took me just 2 days. I went there for an interview in the evening and had 1 interview and that was it. The next time I went there it was for the job offer already. I just do not know if it's still like that now.

6) Career Growth

• daasnwer
    daasnwer Banned by Admin
    About the accounts isnt jp morgan more of a credit 101 type of finacial account like there's really an intesive study on how credit system in the us works? I think they handle mostly fraud accounts right or that's their speciality?
  • Reading rollergirl's comment, I can say HSBC is better in all aspects =)
  • basta pag financial account malaking sakit ng ulo kasi hawak mo pera ng ibang tao yan pinagmumulan ng away maganda lang dami ka nalalaman na di dapat malaman ng customers mo kung hindi di ka tatantanan sa telepono. lalo na sa credit card paano pa kaya sa mortgage. maraming ibang callcenter dyan na me financial account kung sakit ng ulo hinahanap nyo insurance isa pang sakit ng ulo apply kayo manulife at yung prudential sa sykes malaki offer dun.
  • swo0osh wrote: »

6) Career Growth

1) Basic Salary offered to fresh grad/entry level without experience - I guess for entry level 15k as much as 27k for tenured
    2) Benefits (Allowances, HMO coverage - may dependents ba?) up to 2 dependents. malaki din and coverage ng card and madami ang covered.
    3) People, Management, and Workload (I think a very good indication is attrition rate) - Well since its financial, expect the worst. Pero come to think of it, because they pay well, weight of pay is the same with the amount of work load.
    4) Pareho Bang May Bond??? Or Wala?? - No Bond
    5) Freebies??? (Meal, Coffee, Juice, etc) - Coffee and Juice for free / unlimited.
    6) Career Growth
    7) Bonusssssssssssseeeeeeeesssssss???? Commissionssss????????? Appraisal? - Plenty of openings since its a growing company plus the bonuses / depending on the account.
    8) Work Schedule (shifting? fixed? what time?) Mostly Sat Sun off.
    9) Facilities (Nap room, internet, Entertainment room, etc) - Sleep Room. They're conservative that's why its not provided.
    10) Application Process (how long does it take) - As far as I know, for as long as you're already resigned and you have plenty of cc work experience, you're half way there. You have to be sure though that your clean - No Bad Record / No Bad Credit / There's truth in all you declared - 100% you're IN!!

Everything is Black and White at Chase. Number 1 Bank in the US.
  • Hi all!! I'm definitely one of those who can attest that HSBC is the BEST in all of the given conditions. I was with the company for more than 2 years and so far here's what I can say:

:)1) Basic Salary offered to fesh grad/entry level without experience - I started out with 14k as my basic.( that's because I didn't have my experience then. My colleagues who have had call center experiences were actually offered basic salaries higher than what they use to earn in their previous companies. One agent who's earning 22k would get 23- 24k in HSBC as the basic pay- but starting September 2008 they changed the policy and would only offer like 16-18k for experienced and 15k to newbies.
    Anyway, after two years my pay went up to 19k. There's salaries appraisal every year and sometimes they give out every 6 months depending on your performance..
    :lol:2) Benefits (Allowances, HMO coverage - may dependents ba?) Yupp!!! last 2008 we're under Intellicare as our HMO provider , this time it's by Maxicare. Maxicare covers 85k per sickness for agents and the plan type goes up per employee level. We are also entitled for 2 dependents and you can always add more but you will have to shoulder it. I heard it's less than 400p person on additional dependents. On our HMO, we're provided free vaccinations from time to time, like flu shots or AH1N1 shots and anti rabies shots and also snake bites anti venom for up to 20k per month.
    For allowances, there's 1500 for rice and meal, 1000 for transportation, 20% night differential and 750p for hazard pay.
    3) People, Management, and Workload: Just recently our department experienced noticeable numbers of people resigning for better pay at JP Morgan Chase. Pay is considerably high in Chase. My boss who's been getting 40k was offered 70k ( including allowances) in Chase. I have to say that HSBC holds very competitive people so it's an advantage if Chase gets people from HSBC. Most of our managers are transferring to Chase, In fact Chase is known as the M3. M1 is for HSBC alabang and M2 is HSBC UP site. Its name happens so because of considerable numbers of mangers and agents transferring to Chase.
    I supposed, most of the intellectual people in the Call center industry can be found in this two companies. HSBC has a great culture, the management is friendly and approachable. As an agent you can even email directly even the VP or the Site Heads if you have any complaints, but off-course managers hated that since they'll bee pressed to consider your complaints. There is an open- honest way of communication in the company.
    Workload is common in all call centers but you'll get all the support you need. HSBC offers free Life coaching and therapies. Even membership with Gold's gym and a discount Card exclusive for employees for shopping that major merchant honors.

4) Pareho Bang May Bond??? The'res no bond at all. Trainers in HSBC alabang actually belongs to the upper class so you'll get the feeling that you're being trained by the best people.
    5) Freebies??? Coffee, juices, meals( sometimes when there is a typhoon)
    6) Career Growth: The loss of managers and team leads open an opportunity for career growth. In my department, there was a time that the US site has to close so they transferred departmental jobs in the Philippines getting people for management post. Everyone can apply as long you have the edge and a performer you'll get th post.
    Also HSBC send employees to US and sometimes India to train and be trained. They also have a partnership with Climate Change Organization that send employees for a 2- 3 weeks training in certain parts of the globe/ Employees will learn along with environmentalist on preservation and anyone can apply as long as you have the passion for the environment.
    :lol:7) Bonusssssssssssseeeeeeeesssssss???? Commissionssss????????? Appraisal? 13 month pay, quuarterly bonus. yearly incentives and for 5 years of stay- you'll get $400 and it goes up till the 7th years of stay. Incentives on a yearly basis depends on your exemplary performance. Your boss gets to nominate you first basing on your yearly metrics then you'll get twice your monthly salaries on the first quarter of the following year. I heard some agents getting as high as 40k.
    We also have incentives per departments.
    I work in the fraud department and as long as you pass the quality and meet 41calls per day you'll get your incentives that is 6pesos per calls. In a month I would get 6- 7k ( taxable) on top of my salaries.
    :naughty:8) Work Schedule (shifting? fixed? what time?) shifting. But HSBC is pro- agent so if you can't really make it up for graveyard shifts a medical certificate is needed and they'll transfer you to the morning shift. Most of the oldies are actually in day shifts.
    If you're a performer you can choose what shift you want to be put.
    :rotflmao:9) Facilities (Nap room, internet, Entertainment room, etc) Great spacious sleeping quarters with different room themes and styles per floor.( Japanese inspired on the 2nd, thai on the 3rd etc.) We also have a large dining are and gaming area, computer areas, gym with physical fitness expert,
    10) Application Process (how long does it take) A day. Just go there early in the morning. take the exams and passed 3 other interviews. oops no bad credit history is also important as so with other banks,,,, lolz.. :bop:
  • 41 calls a day huwaw, i would get 30 calls in one day sometimes , and that really very tiring for me ., depende siguro di ko lam kung anun call merun kayu kung tanun lang ng phone number yan call mo ok lang siguro , eh panu kung call mo is kelangan iresolve confict ni customer ? 41 calls huwaw super agent hehe
  • edx123 wrote: »
    41 calls a day huwaw, i would get 30 calls in one day sometimes , and that really very tiring for me ., depende siguro di ko lam kung anun call merun kayu kung tanun lang ng phone number yan call mo ok lang siguro , eh panu kung call mo is kelangan iresolve confict ni customer ? 41 calls huwaw super agent hehe
    yupp.. Most of the calls in my department are just misrouted so you just have to transfer them to the correct department. This is very achievable after a couple of months you'll get use to it no matter how serious the customer's problem is.
    In the fraud department your primary job is to control and mitigate company loses from credit card related fraud and identity theft so people are rewarded for their response rate.
    Anyway our department is divided into different queues or processes, the fraud Investigations unit or CSI actually receives incentives up to 12k a month, the ID theft Unit get's the same as well. Customer care in HSBC get's less sometimes no incentives so it would be an advantage to be in fraud.
  • edx123 wrote: »
    41 calls a day huwaw, i would get 30 calls in one day sometimes , and that really very tiring for me ., depende siguro di ko lam kung anun call merun kayu kung tanun lang ng phone number yan call mo ok lang siguro , eh panu kung call mo is kelangan iresolve confict ni customer ? 41 calls huwaw super agent hehe

dati nakakakuha ako ng 50 calls, all billing issues :rotflmao: ang saya saya
  • the highest i got was 81 calls and it's not even OT> We had some system issues and all our US customer's credit card we're declining, so calls swamped in -about 400callers waiting on queue. So we have to cut on our protocols and do everything rush so I'd end up resolving the issues with in 2 minute... Off course it's not easy specially since the problem had them so irate plus the fact that they've waited on line some of them more than an hour just to have a resolution... hehehe
  • ako si..
    ako si.. Headband Girl
    depende siguro kung anung LOB ang pinag uusapan. pero sa LOB namin, w/c is auto fi collections, karamihan ng tao eh galing HSBC, from our som to om to team managers down to the agents karamihan galing hsbc.
  • If I'm to base the comparison on joshuaaron's post, I'd say that Chase is better.
    Some points:
    1) i started out with 21k basic. and i had the lowest basic in my wave. take note, my previous basic was 12k, 3.5yrs experience.
    2) 2 dependents Intellicare, 150k/dependent/yr per illness. free flu shots too. 15 vacation leaves, 10 sick leaves, 2 personal leaves.
    3) as in any industry, you get some bad apples. but due to the higher level of intelligence/experience of the people Chase hires, you get a slightly lower proportion of ***** people.
    4) er, i don't recall having a bond...
    5) all kinds of coffee, all kinds of juice, all kinds of softdrinks for free. yes, i said softdrinks. for free.
    6) growth is entirely up to the agent. unlike other bpo's that are dependent on leveling, here you are what you make yourself to be. so don't blame your manager too much if you're still an agent after 5 yrs. altho, of course, **** happens...
    7)annual appraisal of up to 25% in some LOBs, dependent on performance. couple this with high basic salary, and you're good to go after a few years. monthly incentive depends on LOB, lower for CS accts, higher for sales/collectns, of course. standard qtry bonus for everyone, up to 25%.
    8) many LOBs have fixed US business hrs scheds. some, like gen Cs have 24hr scheds.
    9) if you are one of the many lucky ones to be assigned to Net Plaza, you will have access to a) a humongous cafeteria b) large sleep rooms c) shower rooms in every floor d) break rooms on every floor e) large workstations f) state-of-the-art tech g) 42" cable tvs all over h) free parking for the lucky ones
    10) depending on the operations mgr who will interview you, application can go from 1-2 days.

Chase is a great place to work in. I somehow regret leaving sometimes...
  • :) hhhhmmm great HMO Packages it's way competitive than HSBC..Hoping to experience that... ;) Because like the others' I'm now part of the migrations trend since I'm no longer part of HSBC group so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for CHase. ;);););););)
  • I've been on both sides of the fence (M2 & NetPlaza) so heres my take

When I was in HSBC it was 14500 for those with no CC experience for CSR positions. In JPMC it depends on what job you're doing. The harder the job the bigger the pay even if you're just a fresh grad. Sa TSS the lowest is 30k DAW, in telephone banking its 15k, analyst position its 20k, non voice day shift is only 12k

HMO
    JPMC: You + 2 dependents 150k per illness
    HSBC: You + 2 dependents but the limit's lower

Allowance
    JPMC: you get 8 hours night diff so long as you spend an hour in the 10-6 window
    HSBC: Hazard pay 15%

In HSBC you get a pension after 5 years. No pension in JPMC yet but it's in the works

Sobrang ma poltika sa HSBC. There's really nothing more to say about it.

In JPMC there's a really big emphasis on employee development. It's on the weekly agenda. They don't just want you to stay, they want you to advance.

This is how the banks reacted to a crisis (Ondoy)

HSBC:
    When Ondoy happened we were stranded there and of course walang pumasok the next shift. We were made to man the stations for the whole 12 hour shift without sleep and understaffed. Sleeping quarters were full so we stayed in the couches in the lobby but were asked to leave. They provided us food naman. And were given 500 pesos bonus.

SPECIAL MENTION: an expat CHRIS COVERT made us go home. He even argued with our offshore team. His exact words were "I don't care if nobody answers the phone these guys need to go home" *okay*
    He even made sure all of us had a ride home.

There was a grant given to employees who were victims of Ondoy. You just need to submit pictures of what happened to you home and the maximum given was 15k.

JPMC:
    One of the guys I work with now was also stranded in Chase when it happened and they were provided mattresses to sleep on and management made sure they were taken cared of.

After Ondoy my friend was given a grant without having to apply for anything. He wasn't specific but it was in the 6 figures.

I don't think there's a center that still has a bond nowadays

HSBC: Hot coffee and Juice (usually lemonade)
    JPMC: Coffee, chocolate, juice (both hot and cold) softdrinks

6) Career Growth

In Chase it's not unusual that someone gets promoted before they're regularized. In HSBC there are a lot of 5 year agents who are still,well, agents

Aside from the 13th month pay there's a yearly performance bonus.

JPMC:Depending on the LOB there are monthly or quarterly bonuses.

HSBC:If there's an up-sell there's a commission. Plus if you're a top performer there's a bonus given can't remember what it's called but the dole-out is given annually in 3 seperate payments. My friend who won it only got the 1st year for some reason. There's also an employee appreciation day every month with free beer and pulutan plus the quarterly town halls

Depends on LOB for both companies.

M2: 2 nap rooms for the gents and 2 for the ladies. There's a billiard table in the cafeteria. There are PC stations in both buildings where you can access the internet. Wifi is incredibly fast (700 mb in 30 mins). The gym is nice as well.

Netplaza: there are nap rooms for both genders on every floor. No gym. Everyone has internet access in their stations (no social networks though)

Not too bad for both but they are very strict with the requirements in HSBC. I think HSBC is the strictest in the industry

A lot of guys from HSBC has moved to JPMC and trust me it's so much better here
  • joshuaaron wrote: »
    Hi all!! I'm definitely one of those who can attest that HSBC is the BEST in all of the given conditions. I was with the company for more than 2 years and so far here's what I can say:

:)1) Basic Salary offered to fesh grad/entry level without experience - I started out with 14k as my basic.( that's because I didn't have my experience then. My colleagues who have had call center experiences were actually offered basic salaries higher than what they use to earn in their previous companies. One agent who's earning 22k would get 23- 24k in HSBC as the basic pay- but starting September 2008 they changed the policy and would only offer like 16-18k for experienced and 15k to newbies.
    Anyway, after two years my pay went up to 19k. There's salaries appraisal every year and sometimes they give out every 6 months depending on your performance..
    :lol:2) Benefits (Allowances, HMO coverage - may dependents ba?) Yupp!!! last 2008 we're under Intellicare as our HMO provider , this time it's by Maxicare. Maxicare covers 85k per sickness for agents and the plan type goes up per employee level. We are also entitled for 2 dependents and you can always add more but you will have to shoulder it. I heard it's less than 400p person on additional dependents. On our HMO, we're provided free vaccinations from time to time, like flu shots or AH1N1 shots and anti rabies shots and also snake bites anti venom for up to 20k per month.
    For allowances, there's 1500 for rice and meal, 1000 for transportation, 20% night differential and 750p for hazard pay.
    3) People, Management, and Workload: Just recently our department experienced noticeable numbers of people resigning for better pay at JP Morgan Chase. Pay is considerably high in Chase. My boss who's been getting 40k was offered 70k ( including allowances) in Chase. I have to say that HSBC holds very competitive people so it's an advantage if Chase gets people from HSBC. Most of our managers are transferring to Chase, In fact Chase is known as the M3. M1 is for HSBC alabang and M2 is HSBC UP site. Its name happens so because of considerable numbers of mangers and agents transferring to Chase.
    I supposed, most of the intellectual people in the Call center industry can be found in this two companies. HSBC has a great culture, the management is friendly and approachable. As an agent you can even email directly even the VP or the Site Heads if you have any complaints, but off-course managers hated that since they'll bee pressed to consider your complaints. There is an open- honest way of communication in the company.
    Workload is common in all call centers but you'll get all the support you need. HSBC offers free Life coaching and therapies. Even membership with Gold's gym and a discount Card exclusive for employees for shopping that major merchant honors.

4) Pareho Bang May Bond??? The'res no bond at all. Trainers in HSBC alabang actually belongs to the upper class so you'll get the feeling that you're being trained by the best people.
    5) Freebies??? Coffee, juices, meals( sometimes when there is a typhoon)
    6) Career Growth: The loss of managers and team leads open an opportunity for career growth. In my department, there was a time that the US site has to close so they transferred departmental jobs in the Philippines getting people for management post. Everyone can apply as long you have the edge and a performer you'll get th post.
    Also HSBC send employees to US and sometimes India to train and be trained. They also have a partnership with Climate Change Organization that send employees for a 2- 3 weeks training in certain parts of the globe/ Employees will learn along with environmentalist on preservation and anyone can apply as long as you have the passion for the environment.
    :lol:7) Bonusssssssssssseeeeeeeesssssss???? Commissionssss????????? Appraisal? 13 month pay, quuarterly bonus. yearly incentives and for 5 years of stay- you'll get $400 and it goes up till the 7th years of stay. Incentives on a yearly basis depends on your exemplary performance. Your boss gets to nominate you first basing on your yearly metrics then you'll get twice your monthly salaries on the first quarter of the following year. I heard some agents getting as high as 40k.
    We also have incentives per departments.
    I work in the fraud department and as long as you pass the quality and meet 41calls per day you'll get your incentives that is 6pesos per calls. In a month I would get 6- 7k ( taxable) on top of my salaries.
    :naughty:8) Work Schedule (shifting? fixed? what time?) shifting. But HSBC is pro- agent so if you can't really make it up for graveyard shifts a medical certificate is needed and they'll transfer you to the morning shift. Most of the oldies are actually in day shifts.
    If you're a performer you can choose what shift you want to be put.
    :rotflmao:9) Facilities (Nap room, internet, Entertainment room, etc) Great spacious sleeping quarters with different room themes and styles per floor.( Japanese inspired on the 2nd, thai on the 3rd etc.) We also have a large dining are and gaming area, computer areas, gym with physical fitness expert,
    10) Application Process (how long does it take) A day. Just go there early in the morning. take the exams and passed 3 other interviews. oops no bad credit history is also important as so with other banks,,,, lolz.. :bop:

meaning ba nung dependents na 2, eh libre sila?
  • Yes.. Libre upto 2 dependents..
  • Bat di nyo isama ang Bank of America?

HSBC vs JP Morgan Chase vs Bank of America
  • I've been with HSBC for a year and is currently with JPMC. May pros and cons pareho pero mas ok ako sa JPMC. Probably because non-voice ako dito. And tama si jpatricks1. Bilis ng career advancement sa Chase. Kung di nga lang siguro ako late palagi, TL na ko. E sa HSBC, yung relief TL namin, relief pa rin gang ngayon. Nauna pa ma-promote sa kanya yung mga bago lang at less experienced dahil kabatak nila yung OM.