Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Anybody else hate cellphones and texting?

:?:? PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
My cousin who just had a vacation from Philippines told me she can't talk to her friends anymore because they're married to their cellphones. She said you go to the mall, all people are staring at their cellphones. You go to church, everybody's on cellphones. You go to the store, everyone's on cellphones. - what gives?????

Seriously, I'm just curious.. no offense intended... this is just a survey! Is there anybody here who's NOT into cellphones?? or everybody is into this fad?

Is there still anybody here who hates "texting"? If so, why?

This is just a survey. Thanks.

Comments

• dude, i know why you dun like cellphones... when you're on a kick, u wouldn't wanna be REACHED.. :lol: :smokin:

i know that's my problem.... *argh*
  • actually i dont hate cellphones. i used to text a lot but lately i feel i dont want to use the fone anymore like it has no more use except for small talks although it could be of great use/help sometimes. unfortunately, i accidentally dropped my fone and since then i havent had it fixed nor am i planning to buy another one.
  • don't worry, it's mostly the young airheads. in our company, the cellphone users are mostly clerical to junior management. from senior managers all the way to the president, only a few have cells and i've seen only two who use them. indispensable indeed!
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I don't have a celphone because it's a fad. I have one because it's a necessity. I text because it's the most convenient way to contact people. But I use my celphone for voice calls more than I use it to text.

Contrary to what hard_guy00 said, there are a lot of executives here in Makati who have celphones - maybe ALL. You won't see them texting though, since they can afford to call all they want. :)
  • AbominableAbominable PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I really don't like people who deliberately owns a cellphone for the sheer sake of vanity or prominence.
    Or a person who owns one and is not using it properly like he purchases a phone to be able to play snakes or some other games.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    When my parents gave me a cellphone in 1996, I was furious. I didn't want another medium to track me down. Wala pang texting nun. Fine it was handy whenever you didn't have a phonecard or some coins but it was tiresome and my parents were always like telling me to go home.

After a couple of months, I handed my Sony analogue phone and told my mom to use it instead because I really don't need it in Ateneo.

2 years later they gave me another one. Text was just being implemented and the bad thing was, konti lang talaga yung ka-text ko because not many people had cellphones yet. I didn't want it either. Kasi I had to pay for that prepaid out of my allowance and instrument of nagging na naman.

Nowadays, even if all my friends have cellphones. I really do not like texting. I prefer calling. Oh sure, I love my new cellphone and all but I can't stand pressing button after button just for the text to come out. I'm also impatient and I'd rather hear the response right away so I call.

It is tiresome to see people walking around with their eyes on their phone. Actually, texting beats the purpose of a cellphone. The problem with the philippines is that calls are just too expensive compared to other countries. But if you think about it at P8.00 a minute compared to several short text would be about the same.

• Originally posted by :?
    My cousin who just had a vacation from Philippines told me she can't talk to her friends anymore because they're married to their cellphones. She said you go to the mall, all people are staring at their cellphones. You go to church, everybody's on cellphones. You go to the store, everyone's on cellphones. - what gives?????

Seriously, I'm just curious.. no offense intended... this is just a survey! Is there anybody here who's NOT into cellphones?? or everybody is into this fad?

Is there still anybody here who hates "texting"? If so, why?

This is just a survey. Thanks.

grabe naman yan...i also hate those people who use their cellphones inside the church!!! HELLO...nagsisimba po kayo!!! hindi nyo ba kayang humiwalay muna sa cellphones nyo kahit for an hour man lang???!!! :angry:

i don't hate texting & cellphones...as a matter of fact, i'm kinda addicted to my cellphone. hehehe!!! :D

but i have to admit...there are some people who are so over it!!! i hate those people who don't put their cell on "silent mode" inside the movie theaters & churches...basta sa mga places na dapat tahimik kayo!!! tapos nakakairita talaga yung mga taong sobrang lakas ng ring volume nila...LEVEL 5...GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!! :grrr: are you deaf or what???!!!
  • I do have a cellphone,but I used it more on calling abroad and a little texting for my friends.

• I'm fine with cellphones although I always have to reel in my homicidal tendencies when someone's cell goes off in the moviehouse. I myself don't carry a phone, since I feel I'm already enslaved to enough machines (TV, computer, my Discman). Texting pisses the hell out of me when it's used to replace actual conversation, I seem to recall that it's called Short Message Service, designed for little announcements, reminders and the usual updates.