Home PEx Sports Football
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

This is ANFIELD, Home of LIVERPOOL FC

TIA.jpg

As the new season approaches, this is the place for the True Reds as we get closer to kickoff.

New Season Fixtures:

August
16 Sunderland (a)
23 Middlesbrough (h)
30 Aston Villa (a)

September
13 Manchester United (h)
20 Stoke City (h)
27 Everton (a)

October
4 Manchester City (a)
18 Wigan Athletic (h)
25 Chelsea (a)
29 Portsmouth (h)

November
1 Tottenham Hotspur (a)
8 West Bromwich Albion (h)
15 Bolton Wanderers (a)
22 Fulham (h)
29 West Ham United (h)

December
6 Blackburn Rovers (a)
13 Hull City (h)
20 Arsenal (a)
26 Bolton Wanderers (h)
28 Newcastle United (a)

January
10 Stoke City (a)
17 Everton (h)
27 Wigan Athletic (a)
31 Chelsea (h)

February
7 Portsmouth (a)
21 Manchester City (h)
28 Middlesbrough (a)

March
4 Sunderland (h)
14 Manchester United (a)
21 Aston Villa (h)

April
4 Fulham (a)
11 Blackburn Rovers (h)
18 Arsenal (h)
25 Hull City (a)

May
2 Newcastle United (h)
9 West Ham United (a)
16 West Bromwich Albion (a)
24 Tottenham Hotspur (h)

Comments

• New Season, New Gear

Gerrard.pngindex-2php.png
    First, the Home Kit. Simple, Clean, I like it. A lot of us have seen this kit when Liverpool wore them in their last home game last season against Man City.

familycrest.jpg

The New Home Kit In Action
    1hujih.jpg
  • New Season, New Gear

beardsley89away.jpgindex-3php.pngLFC87APC2.jpg

Now, the Away Kit. A lot of people think that a gray kit never looks good. I think so too, but this one was done right IMO. *okay* Reminds us of those old Liverpool Kits in the late 80's/early 90's. Just like Aldo and Beardsley (pictured above) used to wear.

liverpool_08_09_away_adidas_kit_leaked.jpg
    The Boys in Gray. Also love the green GK kit just like Grobelaar used to wear.

liverpool_08_09_away_adidas_shirt_leaked.jpg
    The Captain in Gray.
  • JeffreywJeffreyw PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    -Juventos and Liverpool have agreed to the value of Xavi Alonso.
    -Gareth Barry is very much willing to work for Liverpool, but the Aston Villa manager is unwilling to negotiate.
  • Yes, Alonso's £15M switch to Juve is believed to be on the brink of completion. Other Players thought to be leaving the club Riise (who is the subject of a £5M bid by Italian Club AS Roma), Kewell is free to leave, Crouchy (believed to prefer a £10M move to Pompey). Others like Carson and Pennant also seem to be rumoured for a move away from the club.

As for Gareth Barry, Aston Villa is playing hardball in the negotiations but with Barry intent to leave the midlands club for Anfield and Liverpool poised to offer an improved bid for him, it seems just a mere matter of time before he joins up with two other new players Phillip Degen (RB from Borussia Dortmund) and Andrea Dossena (LB from Udinese).
  • If we can sign those who are being linked to the club like Barry and Bentley (no Milner please!) and another striker (Villa= slim chance. Henry= very unlikely.) then i'd be contented. I also think Degen is crap. Arbeloa or Carra should be first choice RB while Dossena is okay.
  • I wish Liverpool can win their first Premier league title this time around!!!!KIck MANu ***!!
    Rafa were just handed a mere 20M pounds to buy new players. Liverpool currently doesnt have the money like Manu, Chelsea or Arsenal.

I believe this monetary problem would be solved once the new stadium is finished.

www.soccerly.com
  • Jeffreyw wrote: »
    Rafa were just handed a mere 20M pounds to buy new players. Liverpool currently doesnt have the money like Manu, Chelsea or Arsenal.

I believe this monetary problem would be solved once the new stadium is finished.

www.soccerly.com

I suppose that would be 20M + Player sales.

Kitty
    20M
    Alonso
    15M (Juventus)
    Riise
    4M (AS Roma)
    Crouch
    10M (Pompey, Villa)
    Pennant---6 to 8M (Rumoured)
    Carson----6 to 8M (Rumoured)
    Guthrie
    2M (Rumoured)
    Finnan
    2M (Rumoured)

That could be around 65M+.

It would be nice if Rafa had more straight cold cash to spend in the market (damn owners :grrr: ), it's quite disappointing that Rafa needs to sell to buy.
  • Liverpool 08/09 3rd Adidas Football Shirt Leaked

liverpool_08_09_3rd_adidas_shirt_leaked.jpg

liverpool_2008_09_3rd_adidas_shirt_leaked.jpg

I personally don't quite like it. Maybe it's the blue-green / teal color or that awful collar. How about you?
  • LIVERPOOL START WORK ON STADIUM
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7472111.stm

edit-0707-stadium-ex1.jpg?w=688&h=433

Liverpool have begun preliminary work on their new £350m stadium. The Reds have been allowed to proceed with the construction process under license until September while talks over the 999-year lease deal continue.

"I'm pleased the club have received full planning permission and it can commence with enabling works," said Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks. "We recognise the importance of a new LFC stadium as part of the wider regeneration of the local area." Co-owner George Gillett added: "I am delighted that the design got full planning consent and that we are on site. "This is first tangible evidence for fans that a new stadium will be built."

Club co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett displayed another sign of thawing tensions between the two by making their first joint statement this year on the Liverpool website.

Liverpool had been granted approval for a 60,000-capacity stadium, adjacent to their current Anfield home, in May. But the new ground could accommodate up to 73,000 if further planning permission is granted.

The stadium, being built by Laing O'Rourke, is scheduled to open in August 2011 and will feature an 18,500-seat single tier stand for the Kop.
  • A 12-Year Old Fernando Torres playing for Atletico Madrid Juniors against AC Milan Juniors way back in 1996.

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=d585695e-46da-11dd-863e-00144f02aabc
  • REDTIDE wrote: »
    A 12-Year Old Fernando Torres playing for Atletico Madrid Juniors against AC Milan Juniors way back in 1996.

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=d585695e-46da-11dd-863e-00144f02aabc

scarf.gifscarf.gif
  • guys I don't know what the fuss is about the lack of players for LFC. you have to remember that it was rafa who put that team together. not anyone else. prior to the start of last season, he went on record to say that he was pleased with his roster. the disenchantment of last season did not soley stem from the row of the owners but with rafa's substitution pattern and game plan.

he's won less than gerard houllier did in his stint at anfield. though he did win the champions league which is way huge.
  • guys I don't know what the fuss is about the lack of players for LFC. you have to remember that it was rafa who put that team together. not anyone else. prior to the start of last season, he went on record to say that he was pleased with his roster. the disenchantment of last season did not soley stem from the row of the owners but with rafa's substitution pattern and game plan.

he's won less than gerard houllier did in his stint at anfield. though he did win the champions league which is way huge.

That I have to humbly disagree with.

No doubt Rafa has been at fault for some decisions last season particularly those couple of games (Pompey and Birmingham, both 0-0's) after that great 6-0 win over Derby where he decided to sit Torres out. Yes, he did put together that team but his decisions on whom to buy were also restricted by the very skint transfer budget he's been handed over the past years. He needed to add quality to the squad as a whole and not blow his entire transfer budget on just one player.

He was after Simao a couple of years ago, but the price was too high for the hierarchy and he had to settle with Pennant. He wanted Alves but he instead got Kromkamp. That Alves screwup was particularly painful because Liverpool were cleared to sign the Brazilian if they met Sevilla's £8M asking price, but Liverpool's transfer negotiating reared again it's ugly head and managed to botch that deal because of just £1M.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5078450.stm

How much did Barca pay for him just this week? £24 friggin' Million! Rafa points his target but the board and the owners are too reluctant to back him.

When Mourinho was with Chelsea, when he wanted this player, he gets him by hook or by crook (case in point; Ashley Cole). When Fergie sees a couple of untested players he could have them for £17M-18M each (Nani, Anderson). When they want a player, they get them.

Over the past 5 to 6 years or so, just to give us a picture of how Liverpool's transfer potency stand when compared to United and Chelsea when purchasing players above £10M;

Chelsea: Schevchenko (£30M), Veron (£15M), Essien (£24M), Makalele (£17M), Carvalho (£19M), Drogba (£24M), Mikel (£16M), Malouda (£13M), Shaun Wright-Phillips (£21), Ferreira (£13M), Duff (£17M), Anelka (£15M), Bosingwa (£16M)

Total: Around £240M !

Man United: Rooney (£31M), Ferdinand (£33M), Carrick (£18M), Veron (£28M), Ronaldo (£12M), Hargreaves (£17M), Anderson (£18M), Saha (£13M), Nani (£17M)

Total: Around £190M !

Liverpool: Torres (£20M), Mascherano (£18M), Cisse (£14M), Babel (£12M), Alonso (£10M), Kuyt (£9-10M)

Total: Around £85M !

Let's say that's the only players we can afford. Fair enough; but you can't give him a Kia and expect him to outrace Mourinho/Chelsea in a Lambo and Fergie in a Ferrari. You just can't
    Hull, the new promoted team has a budget of 60 pounds for getting players this year, while LFC has 20M. Both figures given by the owners of the two respective clubs.
  • ^^^
    60 pounds??

Anyway, does anyone know if the new kits will be available here? I already saw Chelski's new kits in Adidas outlets but no Reds. From what I heard there are some issues with the sponsor. (the beer.)
  • BENITEZ: DUO GIVE US NEW THREAT

20080710-0161-LFC_Degen_Dossena.jpg

Rafa Benitez is convinced the arrival of Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena can give Liverpool the added dimension needed to make a sustained challenge for the Barclays Premier League title next season.

The Reds boss - who was speaking at an afternoon press conference held to unveil the duo to the members of the media - believes the full-backs will give his side more attacking verve in the wide areas.

"I think everyone was thinking the same as us, that we needed to improve in the wide areas," he said. "We have the spine of the team with Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano and all these players that we know. In the wide areas maybe we needed something different so we were looking for full-backs with an offensive mentality. "Dossena likes to play football, and Degen is the same, he goes forward with quality. So we now have two players who can go forward and they will compete for their positions and hopefully it will be good for the team."

Benitez has been linked with a whole host of Europe's top talent this summer but insists it is more about improving the side in areas where he feels they will benefit rather than signing big names.

"Sometimes it is not about how much money you spend but getting the players you need," he continued.

"We needed full-backs with different qualities and these two players could be good for us. Afterwards maybe you can sign big names and maybe people will be happy, but the priority is to sign the players that you want and need - in this case two full-backs who can give something more to the team."

The new additions mean Benitez has a variety of full-backs at his disposal for the new campaign and he expects his latest recruits to battle it out with the likes of Steve Finnan, Fabio Aurelio and Alvaro Arbeloa for a place in his starting XI - although he does feel Saturday's pre-season friendly at Tranmere could come too soon for both players.

"They will need to compete for their positions," he said. "We will also need to see about the international players who have returned. I think that with Dossena, maybe he will not play against Tranmere. "If they can give us the things that they have both spoken about with an offensive mentality and quality with the ball then it will help us and also the two strikers."
  • LIVERPOOL CLOSE IN ON KEANE DEAL *okay*

Liverpool are expected to complete the £18m signing of striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham within 24 hours.

69BC1277-980F-7EEA-07EC896A574B1C09.jpg
    Robbie Keane in Liverpool for his Medical

He underwent a medical on Monday and may be able to fly to Spain with the Liverpool squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Villarreal.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez completed the final stages of his negotiations with the 28-year-old over the weekend.

The Republic of Ireland star is expected to sign a five-year deal worth about £80,000 per week.

As a child growing up in Dublin, Keane was an avid supporter of the men from Anfield - and Liverpool will now become his sixth club after spells at Wolves, Coventry, Inter Milan and Leeds, before his switch to Tottenham in 2002 for £7m.

A very good signing. *okay* Always liked the lad and would form a very good front line with Nando.

Now, if we get that Barry deal sorted next, we could very well even see one more signing after that.
  • anyone here who is selling a liverpool scarf or torres jerseys?
    kindly pm me. interested buyer here
This discussion has been closed.