COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

New Suzuki APV Type 2

mc_316mc_316 SparTang ✭✭
Hi guys!

Tried to search for a thread regarding the Suzuki APV but can't seem to fine one.

Anyway, i'm planning to get a bnew vehicle by the end of the year or early next year and i'm scouting for 1 now. I have a wife and 2 small kids and my main criteria for the vehicle is one that is , economical(specially fuel wise), a trusted brand, has moderate speed and power and spacious enough for my family specially when going out of town.

At 1st, i was looking at the all new Vios 1.5G and Avanza 1.5 but didn't like the look of the Avanza. Also looked at the new Altis but I guess it's out of the equation now, budget wise(my budget is 800k). Liked the Innova too but it's way too pricey for me also.

Then yesterday, i was at Cash n carry mall and they have on display there the new APV type 2. It has all the amenities of the APV SGX model but it now has manual tranny so i kinda liked it as i'm not a matic fan. It has ABS, 1.6l sohc mpi engine, side impact beams, captain seats and dual airbags among others. And it at 775k, it's almost the same as the price of the Vios 1.5G.

Any comments on this vehicle? Any other alternatives?

TIA:bashful:

Comments

• kelunjikelunji Member ✭✭✭
    If you want fuel economy you should look at diesel-engined vehicles.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    ^ a manual version, they have now?

idunno... try sitting on it muna.

dahil alam ko. MASIKIP ang harapan ng APV. the gas and break pedals are positioned a few inches to the left than most cars na.

i don't know how they're able to throw in a clutch pedal there.

anyway, innova's your best choice, imo. 1 can be bought for UNDER 800,000. (J Gas M/T)

alam ko,, dieseil's under 800k rin after the cash discount.

the avanza's much more comfortable to drive than the APV.
  • mc_316mc_316 SparTang ✭✭
    kelunji wrote: »
    If you want fuel economy you should look at diesel-engined vehicles.

As i said, fuel economy is one of my main criterias but not the only criteria, another is one that will fit my family comfortably specially on long rides and the AMENITIES that come w/ it(i.e. Captain seats, airbags, abs, etc).... the Isuzu Crosswind's lowest variant is priced at around 760k, the "FX" competitor, which is practically bare. The next variant is priced at more than 800k already so it's already out of the question as i stated that i only have a budget of 800k, max.

The CRDi Getz is too small and the Innova is too pricey for me... If only the Hyundai Matrix was still available.:(
    ^ a manual version, they have now?

idunno... try sitting on it muna.

dahil alam ko. MASIKIP ang harapan ng APV. the gas and break pedals are positioned a few inches to the left than most cars na.

i don't know how they're able to throw in a clutch pedal there.

anyway, innova's your best choice, imo. 1 can be bought for UNDER 800,000. (J Gas M/T)

alam ko,, dieseil's under 800k rin after the cash discount.

the avanza's much more comfortable to drive than the APV.

Yup, they have the manual SGX now.... hmmmm, i seated myself in the display unit(driver, passenger and the back), seemed to feel comfortable for me. I'm 5'10, medium build btw.... I just didn't notice the pedals, maybe i should try it out next time.

I'm really thinking about it hard. It's still more than 6mos before i have to finally make a decision.

When you say cash discount, does that mean they'll give it to me if I but the unit in cash? Or do they give the discount wether you pay in installment or not? Sorry, newbie BNEW buyer here.:D

Thanks bro!*okay*
  • kelunjikelunji Member ✭✭✭
    mc_316 wrote: »
    As i said, fuel economy is one of my main criterias but not the only criteria, another is one that will fit my family comfortably specially on long rides and the AMENITIES that come w/ it(i.e. Captain seats, airbags, abs, etc).... the Isuzu Crosswind's lowest variant is priced at around 760k, the "FX" competitor, which is practically bare. The next variant is priced at more than 800k already so it's already out of the question as i stated that i only have a budget of 800k, max.

The CRDi Getz is too small and the Innova is too pricey for me... If only the Hyundai Matrix was still available.:(

Did they discontinue the Matrix already?
    yeah. 50,000 for gas

30,000 for diesels

some dealerships throw in another 10,000
    kelunji wrote: »
    Did they discontinue the Matrix already?

Yep, they did, last model came out 2006 i think... Don't know why.:(
  • MeFan_YouJaneMeFan_YouJane WhoYou? ✭✭✭
    yeah. 50,000 for gas

30,000 for diesels

some dealerships throw in another 10,000

I got me a 50k discount on my Innova J D4D last February. I think it's much better than the APV for roughly the same price. I also read somewhere that then engine of the APV is under (or somewhere thereabouts) the driver's seat, so the tendency is uminit yung seat. That turned me off.

I heard the Kia Carens CRDI is also good, if anyone here can confirm.
  • manok00manok00 Member ✭✭✭
    I got me a 50k discount on my Innova J D4D last February. I think it's much better than the APV for roughly the same price. I also read somewhere that then engine of the APV is under (or somewhere thereabouts) the driver's seat, so the tendency is uminit yung seat. That turned me off.

I heard the Kia Carens CRDI is also good, if anyone here can confirm.

Yup! the Kia Carens CRDI is good, all power ang fuel efficient. Cheap maintenance cost.
    ^ How much is the Carens?
  • alvinolmedoalvinolmedo Member PExer
    is it me, or does the suzuki apv look like a rollover waiting to happen? just looking at its dimensions brings to my mind such a concern.

i am bringing this up because i'm sure safety is among your important considerations in choosing the vehicle you would buy. your family is your most important cargo.

the problem is that there may not be any data available to shed light on this concern. so maybe you should give it an actual spin and try making quick cornerings and see how she fares. just make sure you are not liable to pay suzuki for any damages should an untoward incident happen in the process, hehehe.
    any vehcle with HEIGHT is susceptible to roll overs.

that includes SUVs and MINIVANs.

pero sa dami na ng suv na nakakalat, bihira naman mangyari yan. diba? :)
    any vehcle with HEIGHT is susceptible to roll overs.

that includes SUVs and MINIVANs.

pero sa dami na ng suv na nakakalat, bihira naman mangyari yan. diba? :)

true. but note that the apv is decidedly narrower in width. that, combined with its height, may make a rollover more likely. personally, i'd be extra careful if i were to drive an apv compared to a typical suv. the latter looks more stable with a longer width.
    ^ Hmmmm. More than a decade ago, there were numerous Suzuki Supercarry and Daihatsu Minivans used privately and commercially, as in saksakan ng dami sa kalye. But i didn't hear any "roll over" issues back then(at least for me ha). And these mini vans were considerably norrower and had smaller wheels than todays APV.;)

Anyway, people carrier ang APV so who would dare try to turn corners in high speed with it enough to possibly roll over? Kahit sedan gamit ko i would still slow down pag corners.;)
    "personally, i'd be extra careful if i were to drive an apv compared to a typical suv. the latter looks more stable with a longer width."

Don't Worry, Sir. There is absolutely no way anybody can do a sharp turn with the APV at over 60kph.

So, Don't worry! :)
    I think you guys are missing the point about car safety tests. They are not designed and executed so that actual consumers can do them in real life if a vehicle passes them in tests. Extreme tests are 'worst case scenarios' so that actual road and driving conditions are covered when a driver sits behind the wheel.

Roll overs are a real and major concern among S.U.V.s in the U.S. SUVs' high road clearance is fundamentally the culprit here. Sudden or jerky steering at high speeds will likely invite a roll over. Sedans are not exempted, although they are less prone to such as they have a lower center of gravity. I once saw on a british tv motoring show an unfortunate trashing of a brand new BMW being tested for its maneuverability on a test track. It rolled over at least several times, mangling some parts of the exterior. So the key is always safe driving wherever possible.

As for the Suzuki APV, don't think too much of sharp cornerings at high speeds. No one really does that, I agree. Think, however, how much more susceptible it might be to a roll over if a trailing vehicle accidentally clips its rear corner from the side (like you see in cop chase sequence shows on TV). That is a real possible scenario in real life.
  • MeFan_YouJaneMeFan_YouJane WhoYou? ✭✭✭
    ^ How much is the Carens?

Alam ko lang, the price is matched with the Innova, so it should be in the high 700k+ to 800k+.
  • slammslamm runnin on empty PExer
    Our office service vehicle is an APV and a friend also has one. If your after fuel economy then forget it, it averages 6km/L in the city and highway driving will be getting 7-8km/L. The reason is due to the engine being small (1.6L) so you really have to be heavy on the gas pedal to get it going up to speed. Space-wise it is quite okay although i found the seats a bit hard and flat.

The Carens starts at around 800K+. And the same goes for the Innova J diesel (but it is quite bare). We have an Innova J diesel though and we're quite happy with it (i have two kids and i travel with extended family from time to time)... I just got alloy rims from the G model and fixed it up a bit so it's not too bare.

Amongst your choices and budget, i would consider the Carens and even a Civic 1.8 V (the space is quite good in this and it is fuel efficient enough) if you find the Innova J too bare for your taste. The new Altis is overrated and my friend who bought one prefers the Civic as well (more space and power for roughly the same fuel mileage he says).
    Thanks BHB, meFan and Slamm for the inputs!*okay*

Hmmm, 6km/L? Yaiks! With that, i'll be scratching the APV off of my list, syado na mahal ang gas eh, reports have it that it will even reach 75 bucks per liter!:depressed:

Now i'm seriously considering the Vios 1.5G, compared to the old model, todays model is quite spacious as i've already tried riding it.
  • slammslamm runnin on empty PExer
    Thanks BHB, meFan and Slamm for the inputs!*okay*

Hmmm, 6km/L? Yaiks! With that, i'll be scratching the APV off of my list, syado na mahal ang gas eh, reports have it that it will even reach 75 bucks per liter!:depressed:

Now i'm seriously considering the Vios 1.5G, compared to the old model, todays model is quite spacious as i've already tried riding it.

The Vios is good (and efficient). Just make sure you guys will comfortably fit in it during long trips (with max baggage). ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file