Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

KOTA KINABALU Malaysia

I'm going to kota kinabalu this july. I'll be flying out of clark via asia air. havent booked our hotel yet. any suggestions? anything exciting about this place? thanks.

Comments

• metropolitanmetropolitan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tune Hotel in 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu seems interesting and cheap.
  • i'm going to kota kinabalu in two weeks via airasia from clark. i have read somewhere that sitting by the window would give you a nice view of mt kinabalu. just dont remember if its the right side or the left side of the plane. does anybody know? thanks.
  • hello po! Meron na po bang nakapunta sa inyo sa Kota Kinabalu? We're planning to go there sa November.. Balak namin climb yung Mt. Kinabalu.. Kung meron ng nakapunta, san kayo nagstay? Thanks in advance!!
  • hi! i plan to go kota kinabalo,, where will i stay? what are interesting sites thre?mmmm.. and last how can we go singapore from kota kinabalo, is it possible.. ? pls.. help.
  • Guys any feedback please - para ba siyang Boracay or Guam or Hawaii? Is this place worth going to? Please advice thanks a lot!
  • We've already been to Boracay and want to try other places. Is Kota Kinabalu okay? I'm not just talking about sand quality, but everything factored in. The overall experience.
  • Hmmm....

Will be in Kota Kinabalu Dec 1-8.... Mukhang walang nagshe-share ng experience nila dito....

Anyone out there who can help?
  • ellebiram
    akyat ka ba ng mt. kinabalu?
  • trailhead wrote: »
    ellebiram
    akyat ka ba ng mt. kinabalu?

Hi trailhead! :wave:

Mount Kinabalu is out of my list... atleast, for now. I will stay mostly in Sandakan and will do a short trip to BSB (Bandar Seri Begawan), Brunei.
  • We've been to KK last december 2007 via Air Asia. We stayed at **** Dynasty hotel for 5d/4n . Hotels in KK are surprisingly affordable. Buffet breakfast was good pero nakakasawa. The hotel is connected to Wawasan Plaza... a shopping mall.

There are other malls that worth going to like KK Plaza for signature brands and their local brands. There are night markets too but the stuff they sell there are ones you see in greenhills tiangge.

There's a food strip along the main road near the bay where they serve seafood, noodles, etc. But I suggest you guys visit the Floating Seafood Market, there's a free cultural show.

Basta, KK is still a developing tourist destination so don't expect too much.
  • jason_10 wrote: »
    We've been to KK last december 2007 via Air Asia. We stayed at **** Dynasty hotel for 5d/4n . Hotels in KK are surprisingly affordable. Buffet breakfast was good pero nakakasawa. The hotel is connected to Wawasan Plaza... a shopping mall.

There are other malls that worth going to like KK Plaza for signature brands and their local brands. There are night markets too but the stuff they sell there are ones you see in greenhills tiangge.

There's a food strip along the main road near the bay where they serve seafood, noodles, etc. But I suggest you guys visit the Floating Seafood Market, there's a free cultural show.

Basta, KK is still a developing tourist destination so don't expect too much.

Thanks for sharing. :)
  • ellebiram wrote: »

Mount Kinabalu is out of my list... atleast, for now. I will stay mostly in Sandakan and will do a short trip to BSB (Bandar Seri Begawan), Brunei.

well, i thought akyat ka ng mt. kinabalu ... i can share sana pics ni hubby nung umakyat sila dun :)
  • waterwellwaterwell PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ellebiram wrote: »

a friend went to brunei recently and he said, maganda daw don. paano ka pala punta ng brunei from kota kinabalu? may train or bus ba? or another plane ride? thanks!
  • waterwell wrote: »
    a friend went to brunei recently and he said, maganda daw don. paano ka pala punta ng brunei from kota kinabalu? may train or bus ba? or another plane ride? thanks!

ferry from kota kinabalu to labuan to brunei ... around 4 1/2 hours travel time ...
  • waterwellwaterwell PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    trailhead wrote: »
    ferry from kota kinabalu to labuan to brunei ... around 4 1/2 hours travel time ...

4.5 hrs na ferry? grabe, sobrang layo pala. i thought may inland travel. sige po, thanks! :)
    4.5 hrs na ferry? grabe, sobrang layo pala. i thought may inland travel. sige po, thanks! :)

pwede rin by land or train yata ... siguro mas matagal

I will take a plane via Malaysia Airlines. If you are interested, they currently have promo fares for KK to BSB flights.

For other options, you may find this link helpful: http://wikitravel.org/en/Kota_Kinabalu_to_Brunei_in_a_day

trailhead wrote: »
    well, i thought akyat ka ng mt. kinabalu ... i can share sana pics ni hubby nung umakyat sila dun :)

trailhead, please post the pics na rin para ma-entice din ang iba to explore KK. Thanks ha. :)
  • hanapin ko pa muna yung ibang photos

CIMG3026.jpg

CIMG2941.jpg

Image1673.jpg

Image1674.jpg