Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Visiting Toronto Canada

OK people I think I posted in the wrong place the last time. I would like to find out where our kapwa Filipinos hangout sa downtown Toronto. I will be there in July for a week by Yonge St. help me out please.

Comments

• Keysme wrote: »
    OK people I think I posted in the wrong place the last time. I would like to find out where our kapwa Filipinos hangout sa downtown Toronto. I will be there in July for a week by Yonge St. help me out please.

Eaton Centre. Dami pinoy. :D
  • Meron bang Filipino resto na malapit doon?
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What can a solo traveler do in Toronto (uhm, on a budget, hehe)? I'll be visiting relatives, but while they're at work during the day, I'll be left alone to explore.
  • illumina,

subway system in Toronto is pretty easy to navigate.. my suggestion is get yourself a day pass ($9.50 if I'm not mistaken) it's an unlimited pass for a day... so wala kang magiging problema kung mawala ka man.. start early... check out chinatown (Spadina) where you can buy souvenirs na super affordable ang price... matutuwa ka kasi marunong mag filipino ang mga ****** na fruit vendors :)

Royal Ontario Museum is free on Wednesdays after 3 pm (I highly recommend this museum... mag allot ka ng 2 hours minimum sa visit)

Pay what you can naman ang offer ng Bata Shoe Museum every Thursday from 5 to 8 pm

Kung gusto mo namang mag sight seeing, take a streetcar from Spadina station to Harbourfront or go to Centre Island tapos sakay ka ng ferry boat.

kung window shopping naman.. mag lakad lakad ka lang sa Queen St. (sakay ka ng Streetcar right outside Eaton Centre sa harap ng Bank of Montreal)

I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Toronto. :)
  • starbuko_dudestarbuko_dude PEx Rookie ⭐
    Guys, what's the fastest and the cheapest way to go to Quebec and Montreal from Toronto?
  • try this tour we got, cheap lang siya. http://my-r-and-r.blogspot.com/2010/08/taipan-tours.html

We had a tour by bus (3days in all) covering Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec and 1000 islands.

I think they will have another tour this Thanksgiving weekend Oct 9-11, 2010. Enjoy your trip!

Hope this helps.
    @ ARUKAS: Thanks! :) I'm also thinking of hitting AGO. I like museums! I also want to check out St. Lawrence Market.

@ starbuko dude: I think the Via Rail. It probably won't be as cheap as taking a bus though. http://www.viarail.ca/en

Got my visa today. :) I'd like to go to Montreal too, but I think I'll already have a lot to do in Toronto.
  • this is about a different part of canada - vancouver.

supposedly the "most livable".

http://letsgopinas.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/city-of-life/

but i will do some articles on toronto pretty soon.
    Illumina, when are you arriving here in Toronto? I'm actually just on a business trip. At the end of my engagement, I'm visiting Montreal and Quebec on my own.
  • gotcha2gotcha2 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Eaton Centre. Dami pinoy. :D
    Talong talo ang Eaton sa mga malls sa pinas.Dapat baguhin nila at pagandahin kasi sayang pinupuntahan ng tao. Isa pa nainis ako doon sa food court kasi habang kumakain ka, meron beggar na naglilibot at di man lang inantay ako matapos kumain.
    ^Not only Eaton for that matter. I think only the malls in Indonesia, Dubai and China are better than our malls in terms of aesthetics. Anyways, only Filipino tourist considers the mall as a tourist destination.
    Illumina, when are you arriving here in Toronto? I'm actually just on a business trip. At the end of my engagement, I'm visiting Montreal and Quebec on my own.

November pa. How's the weather like? I have to consider my luggage, since I'll be traveling from L.A. to N.Y. to Toronto and back to L.A. before heading home to Manila. Phew!
  • gotcha2gotcha2 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Not only Eaton for that matter. I think only the malls in Indonesia, Dubai and China are better than our malls in terms of aesthetics. Anyways, only Filipino tourist considers the mall as a tourist destination.

oo nga eh. Parang puro pinoy pag linggon mo. I really think they have to re-do that mall. Sayang sa laki at nasa downtown pa naman although parang may kamahalan din mga price. Eh yong mga kasama ko galing pa ng province. Mas maganda pa raw yong mall sa Mindanao. Katawa pa, while we were looking for church around the neighborhood, dami naming nadaan na fil naglalakad its either with the dog or may mga stroller.
  • kanskikanski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    if you are young at heart, a trip up the cn tower is not to be missed. on a clear day, you can see the general niagara area.

and if you have a free day, an actual side trip to niagara isn't a bad idea. it's just an hour away by car.
    illumina wrote: »
    November pa. How's the weather like? I have to consider my luggage, since I'll be traveling from L.A. to N.Y. to Toronto and back to L.A. before heading home to Manila. Phew!

Nice weather the past few days. The surroundings are becoming more colorful before they'l eventually disappear. But it's getting colder na rin. You're coming on Nov so a thermal jacket would be in handy. You can always buy winter clothes in case you'll find yourself under-dressed once u got here.
  • Visited Toronto 5 years ago. I think worth visiting naman ang Niagara Falls :) Okay din ang CN tower. Malls maaga mag close during weekends kaysa weekdays.

Enjoy your trip!
  • hi there, does anybody know what's the cheapest way to go to new york from toronto? thanks in advance.
  • kim Gkim G PEx Rookie ⭐
    take mega bus.google it.mas advance ang booking mo ,mas mura.i was able to get tickets for $90 for 3 people,back and forth.

hours are good too.you can leave TO(bay and Bloor) 9 pm and be in NYC(33rd and 8th) at 7 am. i think they have 3 trips a day.
  • atuk wrote: »
    hi there, does anybody know what's the cheapest way to go to new york from toronto? thanks in advance.

Hmm... you could take a Grey Hound bus or plane. Depende kung nagmamadali ka or gusto mo ng sight seeing.
  • illumina wrote: »

For sure nasa single digit na ang temp by November. Don't be surprised if it would snow on the late November. Sometimes, it happens.