Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

dindidindi Caffeine Jolt Jazz PExer
I love Gordon Ramsay to pieces and I think this is one of his better shows. Kitchen Nightmares is supposed to be airing on 2nd Avenue every Wednesday at 9pm. Rushed home after work to catch it but a different program was being shown on 2nd Ave! Did it just get taken off the air after only two episodes??? *panic*

Comments

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kitchen Nightmares really does own. This where Ramsay's heart really shows off.

the US version is really so bad in comparisson to the british ones.

my favorite one's Mama Cheri's.. from the brink of bankruptcy, turned around.. and after two years moved to a 3 storey building! (on the revisited episodes)

fernwick arms is also one classic, (Campaign for Real Gravy)

also, what's fun is google the restaurant after the show, and see what's up with those restos.

if you have good broadband, goto youtube. daming episodes dun! :)

revisited episodes, have 6 minutes of new footages tacked on from the old episode that was aired a few years before it.

you can tell if revisited episode yun dahil gordon says something like 'after 2 years, i go back to this resto' dun sa intro.

:)
  • dindidindi Caffeine Jolt Jazz PExer
    I agree. The Fox programs tend to "cheapen" Ramsay and make the show more about his infamous bollocking and less about the food/restaurant.

Dami ngang episodes available online (marami-rami na rin akong na-download hehe) but it's much better to watch him on a bigger screen.

My theory is it got censored kasi ang dami nilang hindi na-bleep na F words. What potty mouth Chef Ramsay has kasi, e :belat:

Bad trip yung may-ari ng Fenwick Arms... tigas ng ulo! Medyo senile na rin. Yup, did Google "Campaign for Real Gravy" up after watching that episode :D Haven't seen the one on Mama Cheri's yet.
    mama cheri's is my favorite episode.

when ramsay first got his taste..

HE ACTUALLY FINISHED EVERYTHING on his plate.
    it's that good!

kaso bad decisions lang kaya di sila bumebenta :(
    also, mayroon din isang pub resto..

yung owners na mag asawa ang hilig mag away! kahit sa harap ng customers nagsisigawan. and ofcource, brink of bankruptcy. the food were recipes stolen off celebrity chef cookbooks like ramsay and ainsley! haha. (gordon's vocal about his hatred for ainsley, lols)

gordon saved the restaurant and actualy saved the marriage too!!

he flat out said, to cook from his heart.. that was greatness, imo!

lam mo, every resto here, would probably get their a$$es whooped by Ramsay.. restos nowadays rely heavily on frozen and pre cooked ingredients..
    ^ San ka nanonood? Do you also get to watch The F Word?

I've only seen three episodes of RKN so far sa BBC America -- the ones on La Parra, Fenwick Arms, and the restaurant of some dude who can't let go of his one Michelin star.

Sorry, not familiar with Ainsley. But I think one of the turkeys he was raising on The F Word was named after that person. The one he hates whom I'm familiar with is that Ant(h)ony dude.

Hahaha for sure. Karamihan siguro kailangang ma-KN.
    sa AFC dati they showed the F word every day.

awesome show that, too. pero... the premise of getting a team of amateur cooks to run a resto's not that great. pero they have great features.

aisley is ainsley harriot.

and i think you're talking about "Rococo".. "I don't want to brag about it, but around here, if you say, "i'm the chef owner of Rococo" it carries a certain stature!"

it got later renamed maggie's!

anyway, napanood ko sa youtube... hahaha.. :)

edit: this is Ainsley Harriot:

ainsley-harriott-03.jpg

i saw first him long ago sa isang cooking show star world...
    sa AFC dati they showed the F word every day.

awesome show that, too. pero... the premise of getting a team of amateur cooks to run a resto's not that great. pero they have great features.

Parang Jamie's Kitchen.

...and i think you're talking about "Rococo".. "I don't want to brag about it, but around here, if you say, "i'm the chef owner of Rococo" it carries a certain stature!"

Yan nga!

edit: this is Ainsley Harriot:

ainsley-harriott-03.jpg

i saw first him long ago sa isang cooking show star world...

Katakot!

There was this RKN episode, too, on which he gave this restaurant na parang nasa Coney Island-ish place in the UK a makeover. Seasonal yung mga turistang kumakain tapos nagka-problema sila dahil nilagyan ng bus stop yung harap ng resto. He was such a nice guy, comforting the girl who owned the place when she started crying because they were in deep ***** financially... "Oh, don't be silly." Tapos kiniss nya sa ulo at binigyan ng panyo. Ramsay's not as big an a$$hole as his haters are painting him to be.
  • Aranda_BayAranda_Bay Banned by Admin PExer
    I was able to watch the fenwick arms episode and I think the show is great! I thought it was going to be more of the same Gordon like "Hell's Kitchen" na puro meanness lang which I honestly can't stand watching (and I'm a mean guy myself). I also like the episode about that restaurant in Spain where there was a grill outside grilling chicken kebabs. Grabe, ang baboy nila. Buti na lang wala pang nagkakasakit sa mga pinaggagawa nila.

If they make an episode of KN here in Manila what restaurant would you nominate? (good food/bad management)
    ^ That's LA Parra Inn.

He called those swinging kebabs, 'donkey dongs'
    lololol

anyway ainsley's not really bad. he's like that cause he's Gay. haha.
    ^ Hahahaha yeah! He said something like donkey d*cks swinging in front of the customer's faces. Funny.

^^ Yup. I can't bear to watch HK, either. Can't stand the sight of Fox debasing a chef who's got 12 Michelin stars adorning his toque. As for Manila restos as candidates for a makeover from Ramsay, too many to mention siguro.

Binantayan ko 2nd Ave kagabi... they did show RKN at 1am pero Fenwick Arms ulit. They're still airing the merch plug of the show so kapraningan lang pala yung kagabi :belat:
  • theBlockerPHtheBlockerPH Shake Mo TV Mo! PExer
    ^ hay... only seen 1 episode.
    the one with the "Real Gravy," taragis... it's a PUB! hindi MAX'S!

after 90 minutes, channel shuts down for maintenance... hehehe.
    ^ That's the Fenwick Arms episode

Nice whatever-you-call that-thing-under-your-name hehe
    This is turning out to be quite a monologue but is there seriously nobody else out there who adores Chef Ramsay (que man crush, or you're a cook who's got the bad boy chef for a hero, whatever)?

The Piccolo Teatro episode is just killing me. Ramsay speaks French, gets around Paris on a bicycle, manhandles an insolent nutjob of a Brasilian cook, does his trademark Kitchen Nightmares prove-a-point tactic (in this case, serving weekday lunch at a restaurant that's only open for dinner all on his own -- he does the cooking, waiting, serving, cleaning up, everything! He then shows the owner how much money was made after that service), takes under his wing this young and very promising aspiring chef "imported" from Scotland and gives her a job at one of his London eateries, revisits the apartment where he lived when he was learning the ropes of professional kitchens with Guy Savoy and Joel Robuchon, and reminisces about really good bread from the boulangerie down the street that inspired his dessert recipes, etc.

Oh, yeah. He made love to a sandwich.
  • AquamanAquaman Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hell's Kitchen is great.

The wanna-be chefs get screamed at a lot. Its like boot camp for chefs.
  • isaw_on_sticksisaw_on_sticks Yohoho PExer
    Wow, a thread for a British show in a Filipino forum. I wasn't expecting this.

My favourite episode would be the one with the fish-wife. It was a horrendous restaurant in Wales I think, with fish and chips being the owner/chef's only cooking experience. Haha...I love Gordon Ramsay. My aunt and I refer to him as "***** Gordon". XD

BTW, may nakapanood na sa inyo ng The F Word?
    ^ Another awesome Ramsay show. Particularly love how he tries to raise livestock which he'll cook at the end of the season, how he names the animals after celebrities he hates, and how he uses this to teach his kids where they get their food (his way with the kids shows he's absolutely a darling). :D And the recipes! He makes 'em look so easy.
  • isaw_on_sticksisaw_on_sticks Yohoho PExer
    ^ I know! :D Damn, he makes everything look easy. I don't think I can work under him. Medyo sensitibo kasi ako. Haha...My favourite part of the programme is the showdown with another celebrity in his restaurant. I love it every time he loses. :rotflmao:
    ^ Hahahaha yeah! He's so funny when he loses. Same acerbic hirits at trash talk pero patawa
  • PlingPling Wrapped up in books PExer
    "We want gravy! Not just any gravy..." hehe I loved that episode. I also like the episode about that struggling restaurant in Spain, where they served swinging kebabs and prawns with chocolate sauce... ick!

I love watching all Ramsay's shows... he is really entertaining. My second favorite chef is Anthony Bourdain, although he doesn't really cook on his show.

I miss F-Word too, where he almost always loses in the dessert challenge.. And I also like seeing Ramsay guesting on the Jonathan Ross show, where he always gets grilled by Ross. And heck, they should air the Jonathan Ross show here too... I wish there were more British shows on cable...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file