Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

NEEDED!!! Mabuhay miles/ reward flight

I will be taking a trip to the Philippines at the end of July, and desperately need to cut back on the costs. Im looking for any amount of Mabuhay Miles or possibly someone that has enough miles for a rewards ticket that could be put in my name. (60,000 I think is the magic number from SFO to MNL) I would prefer the rewards ticket. I would be willing to give a monetary "donation" ;) to someone who is willing to help me out. Thanks! :bashful:

Comments

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i'd like to see where this thread will lead to.
  • As far as I know, Mabuhay Miles does not allow 'sharing' of miles.
  • you can buy miles. go to mabuhaymiles.com or you can earn miles naman thru program partners like hsbc, hotels etc.
  • i have a 4000 miles expiring this september and i am willing to give/sell to to you hehe
    "As far as I know, Mabuhay Miles does not allow 'sharing' of miles."

yeah.. you can transfer the tickets.

pero you can't combine everybody's miles into something that will be enough to send 1 person to the moon for free.
  • gwapsgwaps PExer
    ^^^ yup, the post above is right ...

according to the mabuhay miles FAQ page:
    Q. Can I transfer my free travel awards to anyone?
    A. Award tickets are transferable to anyone. Service Class Upgrade awards may be transferred to family and friends who are members of Mabuhay Miles.

But when you are here and would want to do some domestic travelling, i can sell you up to 20,000 points worth of domestic tickets at half the price of purchasing it with PAL :D
  • Thanks for the replies. I understand that 60,000 is A LOT OF miles (it doesnt hurt to try :) ) And I dont believe I can apply miles towards a flight to get a discount. I looked on the website and it doesnt specify. Does anyone know? Thanks. *okay*
  • kailakaila PExer
    you cannot get miles from other people so as to fill your required 60,000 miles. but someone who has the complete 60000 miles required can transfer the ticket to you.

i can sell you my ticket.. i have enough 60,000 miles. but another prob is that ur taking the SFO-MNL flight... usually, we ticket using our miles here in the philippines. so the flight should be a returning flight MNL-SFO-MNL. i have never encountered though of a flight using mileage not originating frm MNL. ask your PAL office there in SFO
  • I will ask and let u know. Thanks!:D .
  • Kaila: I just talked the Mabuhay people and they said it is ok. I will send u a private message. :D
  • waterwellwaterwell PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kamusta naman? success ba?
  • wow pwede pala dito yun...
    haha..

galing.. na-amaze ako sa bait ng mga tao sa forum
    I think pwede nga daw i transfer ang miles.

but it's 100 USD per 1,000 flight miles.

that's craziness.
  • Hello, just wanted to share that I am recently applying for an Award Ticket from MNL to LAX with my 60,000 accumulated Mabuhay Miles. Tough luck. Apparently, you cannot get any confirmation until PAL determines that no other paying passenger will take the very last seat. Thus, despite the availability of a seat and even if you apply really really early, getting your free ticket is next to impossible.

I guess the old saying beggars can't be choosers applies with Mabuhay Miles.
  • Totoo ba yan?
    I just applied an award ticket thru phone and maclaim ko yung ticket ko tomorrow.
    Chineck lang kung may available seats pa and then magbayad ako ng taxes and stuff.
  • ikayikay PExer
    maakar8 wrote: »
    Hello, just wanted to share that I am recently applying for an Award Ticket from MNL to LAX with my 60,000 accumulated Mabuhay Miles. Tough luck. Apparently, you cannot get any confirmation until PAL determines that no other paying passenger will take the very last seat. Thus, despite the availability of a seat and even if you apply really really early, getting your free ticket is next to impossible.

I guess the old saying beggars can't be choosers applies with Mabuhay Miles.

Not true. There is a definite number of seats per flight allocated for award tickets. So even if you apply really really early, PAL could already have run out of award seats for the flight you want if many other people applied really, really earlier than you. :)

Should that happen, then yes, PAL can put you on waitlist so that if another award booking gets cancelled, you can get that slot.
  • So that means it really depends sa time na magbook ka ng ticket?
    Kailan ba flight na pinabook mo maakar8
  • I called their hotline second week of June for a flight for the last week of august. Until now, I am on waitlist. It might be because MNL-LAX is a profitable route and always in demand. Anyways, they offered the flexiflier program where I don't have to wait, but requires more accumulated miles.

Thanks for your inputs.
  • as far as i know, people really apply at least 6months before their preferred date for long-haul flights like MNL-LAX/SFO ... kaya baka talagang naubusan ka lang ng allocated seats for award ticket holders ... sayang! hope you get a seat ... "sayang ang miles" =)
  • kaila wrote: »
    you cannot get miles from other people so as to fill your required 60,000 miles. but someone who has the complete 60000 miles required can transfer the ticket to you.

i can sell you my ticket.. i have enough 60,000 miles. but another prob is that ur taking the SFO-MNL flight... usually, we ticket using our miles here in the philippines. so the flight should be a returning flight MNL-SFO-MNL. i have never encountered though of a flight using mileage not originating frm MNL. ask your PAL office there in SFO

if this is still available im interested, i sent you a PM.