Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

The Comeback

Last year, I seriously wanted to get a 'Comeback' DVD. Swerte naman na may nakita ako sa ebay.ph, P200, binili ko. I thought it was a steal, pero pirated pala. But I knew it had too low a price to be original.

I thought 'The Comeback' was inspired and quite funny. And Lisa Kudrow played Valerie Cherish so well. Facial expressions, movement, manner of speaking - kuha lahat ni Lisa. And she gave her depth.

I was just wondering if there are pexers who have watched 'The Comeback' and then maybe they could post what they think of the show here.

Comments

• icolicol 10th PEx Oscar Pool Top 10
    I've seen The Comeback through online streaming and I think Lisa Kudrow nailed it. Every move, every line, it's all Valerie Cherish. Syempre it did help na I'm a FRIENDS fanatic.

I love this show and was said that they cancelled iy already after just one season. To think na HBO pa siya pinapalabas.

Ito ang hinihintay kong ibenta sa mga pirated DVD stores. haha.
    *okay*
  • Thank God there's someone here who at least watched the online streams. I was dreading this thread was going to end up in IMTV limbo too soon.

I always thought Lisa was the best 'Friend', acting-wise.

Yes, quite unfortunate this was axed.

And even if it ran for only 13 episodes, it was a short-lived gem of a show. The last episode had a tone of finality to it, so okay rin siguro yung move na i-cancel. At least Valerie got the "fame" she wanted. And it made me feel that after weeks of has-been life for Valerie, things will start to look better for her.

Panoorin mo nalang ang DVD.*okay*
  • Thank God there's someone here who at least watched the online streams. I was dreading this thread was going to end up in IMTV limbo too soon.

I always thought Lisa was the best 'Friend'.

Yes, quite unfortunate this was axed.

And even if it ran for only 13 episodes, it was a short-lived gem of a show. The last episode had a tone of finality to it, so okay rin siguro yung move na i-cancel. At least Valerie got the "fame" she wanted. And it had a sense that after weeks of humiliation and documented has-been life, things will start to look better for Valerie.

Panoorin mo nalang ang DVD. *okay*
    God knows I'm one of the biggest Lisa Kudrow fanboys in the world, so I'd definitely not miss it.

Phoebe is my favorite "Friend" too.

Yes, sayang nga, pero I agree with our points. There was a free chat dati with Lisa Kudrow, and she talked about The Comeback and so many funny things as well. I hope I'll find the link and share it here.

It was sad that she lost the Emmy (she submitted the finale) but medyo ok na rin kasi she lost to Julia Louis Dreyfus. isa sa mga contemporaries niya. *okay*
  • I wanna watch it. (I love Friends, Phoebe especially :D ), kaso hindi ko alam kung saan ako makakakuha ng copy. :mecry: Hindi naman umaabot yung dvd sa mga astrovision, etc., tapos wala pa akong makitang kahit pirated. :p
  • icol wrote: »
    God knows I'm one of the biggest Lisa Kudrow fanboys in the world, so I'd definitely not miss it.

Phoebe is my favorite "Friend" too.

Yes, sayang nga, pero I agree with our points. There was a free chat dati with Lisa Kudrow, and she talked about The Comeback and so many funny things as well. I hope I'll find the link and share it here.

It was sad that she lost the Emmy (she submitted the finale) but medyo ok na rin kasi she lost to Julia Louis Dreyfus. isa sa mga contemporaries niya. *okay*

Ah she submitted the last episode. It was very good.

Sana mahanap mo yung link para makita rin dito yung chat niya. Fan ka talaga ni Lisa no? Ang dami mong alam tungkol sa kanya eh. Especially things about 'The Comeback', though you haven't really watched it. :)

The Comeback is great because the humor is mostly cynical and it pokes fun at a lot of harsh truths, one is that older people have no place in a business that is forever hungry for the youth. And Lisa again proves here her range, as in her indie film work(I haven't watched them but I hear they're quite good.), and she also proves that she does not need to be dumb to be funny(e.g. Phoebe, Michele in Romy and Michele etc.).
    Yeah, I'm like the biggest Lisa Kudrow fan in the world. Naalala ko sa chat na yun eh diniscuss niya yung pagkapanalo niya ng Emmy for Friends, tas yung The Comeback, then her movies, and marami pang iba. She was very funny there.

Actually, may good news ako para kay some.where, I was hunting down The Comeback on Youtube and saw that there's a poster who posted all full The Comeback episodes. I'm rewatching them again, and I miss Valerie Cherish so much. Sobrang nakakatawa talaga. :)
  • icol wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm like the biggest Lisa Kudrow fan in the world. Naalala ko sa chat na yun eh diniscuss niya yung pagkapanalo niya ng Emmy for Friends, tas yung The Comeback, then her movies, and marami pang iba. She was very funny there.

Actually, may good news ako para kay some.where, I was hunting down The Comeback on Youtube and saw that there's a poster who posted all full The Comeback episodes. I'm rewatching them again, and I miss Valerie Cherish so much. Sobrang nakakatawa talaga. :)

omg, penge naman nung link, *pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease* :D :bashful:
  • I want to keep this thread alive. Magpopost nalang ako ng kahit ano.

One of my favorite moments in the series is when she says, "I'm doing my personal video diary."

Personal video diary - Diva attitude talaga.
  • I'm enjoying watching this show! :love:

Lisa Kudrow is so not Phoebe -- in a good way, of course. Naalala ko kasi nung pinapanood ko yung Romy and Michellle's HS Reunion, I felt like Lisa was playing Phoebe kasi.
    Personal video diary - Diva attitude talaga.

:lol::lol::lol:

Naalala ko siya kay Hilda Koronel sa Crying ladies. Napanood niyo ba yun? Feel na feel ni Hilda na actress siya kasi siya yung extra na naapakan ng giant sa Darna and the Giants. :lol:
  • Big friends fanatic here, so when it was promoted in HBO that Lisa was gonna have a show, mega record naman ako. I had cable pa then so I had to set my on demand(ngayon kasi may tivo na eh). Anyway that show was really hilarious and I am so glad to find fans of valerie cherish like me!
  • Anyone watched the episode where she does yoga? That was funny. All of that spending just to land the cover of an unknown magazine. And she couldn't even hold a pose without being in pain. Have lots to say about how I liked that episode but there are just too many.
  • letran_jletran_j PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Anybody following this show except for me? :D
    Mods pa transfer sa TV section... hinalungkat ko pa to from almost 6 years ago :bungi:
  • somuchwinsomuchwin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^There's another The Comeback thread, I know I posted there before haha

WHAT A MESS-Y FINALE. And I love it.
    Emmy for Miss Kudrow!
    ^

The Finale ep was my favorite! :D