Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

Expedia, Travelocity, etc.

May naka-try na pong bumili ng airline tickets dito? Safe po ba? Grazie!!!

Comments

• haven't bought from them...but served as customer service slave for Expedia for four years and know enough that Travelocity and Orbitz are close competition....Expedia also owns Hotwire and Hotels.com and a luxury vacation website (Expedia offers flights, hotels, car, vacation packages, cruises, attractions & services, maps)

but using these services are only okay if you are in the US or North America and dont know any good travel agencies
  • neneodinneneodin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Active ang EXPEDIA din sa Europe.Nakabili ako ng plane ticket sa EXPEDIA.Kung may credit card ka at secure ang computer mo sa ano pang mga katiwalian dito sa Internet ay pwede kang magpareserve o bumili ng ticket.Pagkabayad ko sa EXPEDIA ay mga one week after dumating ang aking plane ticket per postal service.
  • in 2004 i used them, kaya lang to book hotels in the states. i live in manila and used a PC in manila to do so.

ok naman sila. right after receiving the confirmation booking from them, i contacted the respective hotels to make sure meron ngang booking na ganun. okay naman. i did not have any problems.
  • kailakaila PExer
    ok naman ang expedia. ive tried booking orlando flights and hotel back in 2003 and to texas 2006. and everything went well.
    very safe.
    actually, i am more inclined to booking over the internet on my recent trips. i book hotel sa net.. its way cheaper and if swerte ka talaga, makakatyempo ka ng mga weekly deals ng hotels.
  • For me, I used the services of Travelocity to get cheap domestic airfares around United States when I was backpacking there last year. They're really good and safe to use. All you need is a credit card. If you don't have one, not a problem, just visit your local chemist shop like wallgreens and you can purchase a prepaid visa or mastercard debit card, just add a value in it and you can use this card to book a flight via Travelocity or any online stores. Every airport I been in the US, I always use the self check in kiosk so that I don't have to stand on the cue. It's really convenient.
  • Travelocity, Expedia & Orbitz are the "big boys" in the online travel industry. They're stable companies that provide good and safe service.

If you're interested, we happen to have an online travel store as well, www.mytravelpal.gttrends.com. It can seriously rival the big boys because we offer competitive prices. And since we are affiliated with a local travel agency, we can get your Asian vacation packages cheap, too!

PM me to find out more.
  • misternmisismisternmisis PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^ can you give me a quote, please ...
    MNL-PRG-MNL
    date of departure Dec 20 - Jan 05
    for 3 adults...
    cheapest I found on line so far is US$1247.00 each taxes included...

thanks!
  • US based online travel agencies like the above mentioned sites will not be able to give you ticket prices for a trip starting in MNL due to some restrictions. Orbitz used to allow it but not anymore due to ticketing issues which often led to pax being denied boarding. It has something to do with certain taxes and that the tickets must be issued in the Philippines or do a PTA (prepaid ticket advice) wherein a ticket will be purchased at a travel agency abroad then endorsed to the ticketing airline in the Philippines.
  • power(bubbles)....actually Expedia would be able to give pricing, but issuance will not be allowed because the restriction is that airline tickets can be sold outside the Philippines but must be issued here in the Philippines (SOTI for short) ...actually only Northwest (and PAL of course) is allowed to do sell outside and ticket outside (SOTO for short)...everything else has to be sold inside and ticketed inside (SITI)
  • misternmisismisternmisis PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^ didn't know that... :( I wanted to surprise my brothers and buy roundtrip tickets for them... I guess I have to ask them to find a good travel agency in Manila then...
    Thanks for the info. *okay*
  • bahamut_zerobahamut_zero chinito na moreno PEx Expert 🎖️
    I work sa isa sa mga BIg Boys na tinukoy dito. :D Anyway, not all credit cards who's billing address is not from the US is accepted. The only problem with our site is the flights that are no longer available still shows up on screen causing passengers to become irate.
  • ale828ale828 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How about using expedia or travelocity to book a hotel? anyone here done that?
    i am trying to book a hotel in singapore from manila, but a bit worried about safety and chances of missed reservations or bookings. i have read some negative feedbacks with expedia. and worried about using it.
  • I used Orbitz for my flights to Australia and New Zealand and one thing I hate about them is that they did not send my Air Canada Aeroplan number to Air New Zealand and United even though I am qualified to earn miles from them because they're all part of the Star Alliance. I don't think I will be using them for future trips.
  • istarbaksistarbaks PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    heymikey, that's the time when the boarding pass becomes important after the flight. nangyayari rin yan sa akin minsan. pinadadala ko na lang sa local office yung stub kasama yung photocopy nung mileage card. then usually naki-credit yung mileage.

i use both travelocity and expedia when i book hotels and flights originating from the usa. kinukumpara ko kung sino ang mas mura sa kanila sa parehong date period... hotel.com or hostel.com naman sa europe, at asiatravel naman kung asian hotels. as long as may natanggap akong reference/booking number sa email, hindi ko na tinatawagan pa yung mga hotel para i-confirm... for airtickets, tinatawagan ko lahat ng local travel agencies kung bumibili ako ng airticket na manggagaling sa asia. dahil maraming level yung discounted tickets, inaalam ko kung sino ang may pinakamura. i'm not worried sa seat area dahil nasa elite status yung frequent flyer membership ko. in other words, kahit super discounted and restricted yung ticket ko, nakakapili pa rin ako ng seat, check-in sa business class counter, at priority rin sa boarding.
  • how bout cheaptickets? ok ba ito?
  • so bale we cannot use these sites to buy tickets from Philippines to anywhere in the world but we can buy tickets if not coming from the Philippines and to Philippines?

wala bang parang ganitong site for budget airlines since madami na din sila di ba?
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pwede, so long you have a credit card na recognized ng mga websites nila, Visa, Mastercard, Amex.

We've tried them when I was in Pinas going out of the country, local credit cards ginamit namin.

the websites will sort the prices that will fit the budget, from non-stop to two-stops of various airlines offering the route.

just canvass daily, usually, weekend bookings are more expensive, when you check during the weekdays, they will release the offer of the budget airlines.
  • ah, basta pag dito ka bibili sa Philippines pwede?

pansin ko din na yung ibang site pwede ang MNL-BKK habang ang iba di pwede. example yung sa farecompare.com di pwede ang MNL-BKK pero ang BKK-MNL pwede.
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yes na try na namin, pwede. from Philippines to Japan, and Philippines to the states.
  • Want to stay in a hotel or resort for almost 1 week by paying only the tax(or processing fee)??
    Our company is affiliated to RCI.

Be a member!
    One time lifetime membership.

a Travel and Earn Opportunity.

PM me for more details.
    Thanks!