Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

UST's 400th, what do you expect from it?

clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
What will they unveil on 2011?

when will they do that?

Is there a laid out program for it?

How will they do those things?

As an alumnus/ student/employee of UST, what do you expect from the admin when we turn 400?

Comments

• markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Hi clawed,

I dunnow what will UST unveil 3 yrs from now. But I heard invites have been sent to the King of Spain, The Pope, US ambassador, diplomats, the Philippine President, The catholic Curia.
  • so far, pasimula na ang bagong UST Sports Complex (forgot if thats the exact name) pero itatayo siya sa Eng'g Complex behind the AMV-CoA Building. May mga quadri-collectibles na din na mabibili sa q-cart sa loob ng campus, and also the upcoming commemorative plate.

UST is also to unveil the tetraglobal.. and also the 3 other campuses, - Santa Rosa, Gen. Santos, and Colombo, Sri Lanka.

i also heard about what markfroilan had posted according the invites, isama na din pala sa celebration ang sinasabing fireworks that would display "UST 400" or "400" lang..

sana lang maging maayos ang pagccelebrate ng UST ng Quadricentennial nito.. and hoping that the whole thomasian community can participate in celebrating with the university.

excited na ako sa 2011! haha.. hoping to fulfill the Quadricentennial Batch dream *okay*
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    well, that is a good plan.

I'm also hoping for a good turn out of our 400th.
  • I hope UST will acquire the services of a really great public relations firm to effectively drum up awareness about the 400th year celebration.

Last I heard, UST got EON public relations, which, honestly, isn't impressive in PR circles.

I also hope that the UST Quadricentennial Committee (or whatever they're called) would TRUTHFULLY listen to inputs from the alumni, particularly the young ones. Just so the celebraton would appeal to everyone.
  • TigercubTigercub PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yeah i heard, sisimulan na ang bagong sports complex sa may Engg complex, from what a friend told me, may tarp na daw dun showing how the complex would look like... 7,000 yata ang seating capacity niya... before 2011 ang target date na matapos siya...

:D
  • ReiiiReiii PEx Rookie ⭐
    Tigercub wrote: »
    yeah i heard, sisimulan na ang bagong sports complex sa may Engg complex, from what a friend told me, may tarp na daw dun showing how the complex would look like... 7,000 yata ang seating capacity niya... before 2011 ang target date na matapos siya...

:D

5,000 as I last saw it. Anyhow, ANG DAMI PA RIN NUN! :rotflmao:

I expect 2011 to be a UST-centric year for every Thomasian.
  • update regarding the UST Sports Complex..
    the ground breaking ceremony is said to be on the 18th of June.

yata :D (according to some sources)
    I hope design estimates of the sports complex would be soundproof outside its halls as this is beside the unupdated engineering and education buildings. Nevertheless, i know the architects have considered noise issues within the school zone.
    ^ so, where will the parking lot go?

Do not expect people to park their cars along Espanya.
    the sports complex wont occupy the whole greenfield leftside USTs facade facing espana,may be they'll open that space for parking, coz after its construction i think UST will push for its use come UAAP basketball. Oh! ma mi miss ko ung "bato" sa harap ng eng. complex and ung canteen dun na may cakeshop na lasang burak dati when it was functional, ung tambayan namin nila iza calzado, pepo, coke, aiza suegerra, and the rest of CAFA students,hay!!
    5,000 lang pala hehehe, pero madami pa din yun! parang ARENA sa San Juan... tama ba?! lolz!

sa pagkakaalam ko may dormitory pa itong sports complex... for the Thomasian athletes...
    ^ hindi ba may dormitory din dati sa tabi o likod ng UST gym?

I hope the bathrooms are not as filthy as the showerrooms along the pool area.
  • ReiiiReiii PEx Rookie ⭐
    Magiging mas mataas kaya ito sa tower ng main building? :) Diba dapat yun yung pinakamataas? tama ba? :)
    clawed out...
    alam ko din dormitory yun dati, parang wala na siya...
    nilipat na dun sa bagong tayo na condo yun iba...

reiii...
    siguro hindi pero kung malayo naman siya like the beato building, baka mas mataas sya...
  • coloradocolorado PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I expect UST-CRS for WFOT Accreditation and go for Level III PACUCOA Accreditation for PT, OT and SpS.
  • I expect a grandiose display of fireworks (gusto ko 20 minutes!) never before seen in the Philippines (dapat daig yung international fireworks display na ginagawa sa may Roxas Blvd.) :glee:

At sana maging bongga ang media exposure ng UST a few months to the quadricentennial sa kadahilanang ito ang unang-unang unibersidad sa Pinas at sa Asya na magcecelebrate ng 400 years! (Shempre, malamang!)

At sana magsipunta ang alumni ng UST dito sa Pinas at sa ibang bansa (umuwi sila) para makidaos sa selebrasyong ito na ngayon lamang natin mararanasan ngayong henerasyong ito.

:)
  • aside from all the grandeur and new infrastructures our university will be cashing out come 2011, i also hope that some of the UST's systems and management will be you know, be improved and be strengthened more... just like for example, USTET, i just hope that it would not stay as it is... why not try to make it a little bit more challenging but still doable? ideas peeps?? =D
    ^ I think it will be a good idea to have the USTET revised every year.

Nakakabobong kunin kasi.

I hope they would do something about the ridiculous admissions policy.
  • groundbreaking is on the 26 of july... the project will result in 600 additional parking (ground level parking).. building height is 27 meters. retractable ang ringside bleachers, may indoor jogging path, fitness gym, irerelocate dito ang security bank, at may jolibee (ata)...

madadagdagan ang PE choices kasi merong spaces for taekwondo and fencing.

actual seating capacity is 5700.
  • anyone will miss the good old p. noval gym??