Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

how to apply Visa in Japan

paano po mag apply ng Visa sa japan? how much? kung agency ba mas mahal?
thanks...

Comments

• illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    First off, what kind of visa?

If it's a single-entry 14-day tourist visa, it's free if you apply directly at the Japanese Embassy, but the Japanese Embassy is discouraging applicants for that visa type to do it there directly.

Applying through an authorized travel agency will incur a fee to the agency, but you're spared the personal appearance. The fees also vary according to each agency. I applied in 2006 through Budget Travel and Tours for the single-entry tourist visa; it cost PhP800 per person. I tried canvassing other agencies; one cost PhP1,300 (and they weren't even authorized, so we had to show up at the Embassy anyway), and Universal cost PhP2,500 at the time.

I don't know what type of Japan visa you're applying for, so here's the link to the Japanese Embassy's site. You'll also find the list of authorized travel agencies there.
    http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/visiting/index.htm
  • nutshellnutshell PEx Rookie ⭐
    i'm planning to go to japan too!....maybe this september 2008....
    i'm going to visit my US navy boyfriend there....
    so what type of visa will I apply for?...tourist visa ba?
    cguro 2 weeks lang ako mgsstay dun....
    pls. help...
    panu gagawin ko?....
    ano requirements?
    gaano katagal mg-apply for japanese visa?...
    strict ba sila?

tiningnan ko na ung website nila kaso, parang ang complicated naman kasi ng gagawin eh...hehe
    help me guys....
    kelangan ko na talaga sya ma-visit eh....namimiss ko na sya....hehe

plss. plss.. info...
    It's not complicated.

Step One: Choose and call a travel agent who'll process your visa.
    http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/visiting/new%20visa/listofagents1.htm

Step two: Submit the requirements to your travel agent.

Here's the link for the requirements for a tourist visa:
    http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/visiting/new%20visa/tourism.htm

Step three: Wait for word from your travel agency and pick up the visa from them, if it's granted.

That's pretty much it.

It took one week from the time our agent visited the Embassy until we got our visa.

Yes, they can be pretty strict. In case you're denied, you can't apply again until six months later.
    ^^ thanks illumina....hmmm....how much ang magagastos ko for the travel agent?....after ko ma-submit ung mga requirements sa travel agent, cla na mglalakad nun?.....dadaan pa rin ba ako ng interview sa embassy?.....mukang mabilis nman pla ung processing....:)
    di ko pa kasi cnasabi sa parents ko na may plano ako umalis eh..kaya dito ako ng-iinquire ngaun...hehe...
    how much ang magagastos ko for the travel agent?
    I answered this in my first post in this thread. :)
    after ko ma-submit ung mga requirements sa travel agent, cla na mglalakad nun?
    Yes.
    dadaan pa rin ba ako ng interview sa embassy?
    Possibly, but unlikely.
    ^^ ah ok ok...sorry...hehe....try ko sa Universal....ok na ung 2,500 bsta walang hassle....tamad ako mglakad ng mga ganyan eh...hehe...mabilis lang nman pala mkakuha ng visa...hayss buti naman...thanks ulet illumina....btw, may suggestion ka ba for the airline and how much ung ticket roundtrip?
    Well...it depends on what your priority is...comfort, schedule, etc. We chose Northwest, because their schedule left Manila in the morning, and arrived in Tokyo just after lunch...and the return flight from Tokyo departed late afternoon. Para hindi naman sayang yung araw. Unless they added MNL-NRT flights, PAL and Cathay Pacific (but Cathay might be expensive) depart from Manila in the late afternoon or the evening, and depart Tokyo in the morning.

We ended up getting a package tour that costs about $900, including the hotel and two tours. But, if I'm not mistaken, if you're getting just the flight, it might be about $450-$600 round trip.
    ^ yeah northwest airlines na din choice ko... $560 roundtrip... ok na yan... hehehe... wala kasi Narita destination ung PAL eh... ok na aus na trip to japan ko! i know na what to do! lalakarin ko na lang yung mga yun...hahahha...thanks illumina:) ...
    Good luck! I suggest that you "over-submit" your requirements, especially those that will prove your finances here, such as car and house registrations, and the like.... Don't take the daily itinerary for granted (and you could describe each day doing tourist-y stuff...visiting Mt. Fuji, etc.).... And since you say you're visiting your US boyfriend, I think it's best to submit the handwritten invitation letter (we also had ours written in Japanese, in addition to filling out the PDF form on the website), and the foreign registration certificate described in #12.
    ay teka teka...alin nga pala dito ung applicable saken?:

1. Visa for visiting relatives
    2. Visa to visit relatives or friends with invitation from a US military personnel (SOFA status)

sino mgda-download ng PDF na invitation letter?...sya or ako?....anu yun pipirmahan lang ba yun?.....

and 21 y/o pa lang ako turning 22 this june....fresh grad and i don't have work yet....anung financial documents mpapakita ko saknila?....meron lang ako ATM...bank statement pwede nb un?....by june pa cguro ako mgkakawork...aun...hehe

sabi nya kasi sya na bahala sa expenses ko eh bsta dalawin ko lang daw sya dun..:)
    ^^ Oops, sorry. You're right. #2 pala yung dapat sa 'yo. :)

Yes, he has to fill out the invitation letter and mail it to you, to be able to submit it to the Embassy. Ipasama mo rin dun yung mga notarized photocopies of his passport and military ID card, and the statement of service.

Since you're only 21, I suggest that you also have him write the guarantee letter and submit some of his financial documents, like his most recent income tax return, (original and photocopy), para sure. I'm just concerned, because since you're a young female fresh grad who's still unemployed (but it'd be good if you already have a job offer) and traveling to Japan alone without a tour package...they might not give you a visa that easily. Don't pay for your flight until you have the visa.

The bank statement should be ok (original and photocopy) but do you think you could also include your parents' bank statements? Those might help you better. And ask for the booking confirmation from your travel agency, which should include the date of your return flight.
  • illumina wrote: »
    Well...it depends on what your priority is...comfort, schedule, etc. We chose Northwest, because their schedule left Manila in the morning, and arrived in Tokyo just after lunch...and the return flight from Tokyo departed late afternoon. Para hindi naman sayang yung araw. Unless they added MNL-NRT flights, PAL and Cathay Pacific (but Cathay might be expensive) depart from Manila in the late afternoon or the evening, and depart Tokyo in the morning.

We ended up getting a package tour that costs about $900, including the hotel and two tours. But, if I'm not mistaken, if you're getting just the flight, it might be about $450-$600 round trip.

i don't think CX flies directly to NRT from Manila. ang alam ko JL, PR, and NW ang major airlines that fly to NRT( from MNL, that is)...im not sure nalang kung meron pang iba.

you're forgetting JAL pa :) of course if you're on a budget, JAL is not the airline for you. pero if you want to get good service and good food, you might want to try JAL. JAL flies 2x daily to narita, one in the morning at 9 am and one in the afternoon, 2:25 pm

if you're going to OSA, you can try TG or PR; if you're NGO-bound naman, you can fly with PR, NW and JL (JAL offers flights to NGO pero via NRT)
  • jessfredrickjessfredrick PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ano po mga requirements pag tourist, tapos la pang work?

^_^
  • jaboyjaboy PExer
    illumina wrote: »

hi. where did you get the $900 package tour? thanks.
  • nutshell wrote: »
    ^ yeah northwest airlines na din choice ko... $560 roundtrip... ok na yan... hehehe... wala kasi Narita destination ung PAL eh... ok na aus na trip to japan ko! i know na what to do! lalakarin ko na lang yung mga yun...hahahha...thanks illumina:) ...

meron ang PAL going NRT...afternoon flight nga lang
    ^ay afternoon lang?....gusto ko morning eh para ndi sayang ung araw...hehehe...thanks for the info....northwest na lang ako...ok din nman daw service nla eh...:)
    illumina wrote: »
    ^^ Oops, sorry. You're right. #2 pala yung dapat sa 'yo. :)

Yes, he has to fill out the invitation letter and mail it to you, to be able to submit it to the Embassy. Ipasama mo rin dun yung mga notarized photocopies of his passport and military ID card, and the statement of service.

Since you're only 21, I suggest that you also have him write the guarantee letter and submit some of his financial documents, like his most recent income tax return, (original and photocopy), para sure. I'm just concerned, because since you're a young female fresh grad who's still unemployed (but it'd be good if you already have a job offer) and traveling to Japan alone without a tour package...they might not give you a visa that easily. Don't pay for your flight until you have the visa.

The bank statement should be ok (original and photocopy) but do you think you could also include your parents' bank statements? Those might help you better. And ask for the booking confirmation from your travel agency, which should include the date of your return flight.

okie okie...pwede bng ifax na lang ung mga documens nya?...or kelangan tlga i-mail?......
    ^^ I'm not exactly sure about that, because we submitted all original copies. You could try asking the travel agency or the Embassy.
    jaboy wrote:
    hi. where did you get the $900 package tour? thanks.
    Happy Travel and Tours. Here's the website, but I think you should call them na lang (telephone number's on the website):
    http://www.happymanila.com/
    boy_bawang wrote:
    i don't think CX flies directly to NRT from Manila. ang alam ko JL, PR, and NW ang major airlines that fly to NRT( from MNL, that is)...im not sure nalang kung meron pang iba.
    Yeah, I think there's still a stopover at Hong Kong, since it's CX. I just recall that CX was in for one of the package tours that we were canvassing.
  • ano n ngyri sa visa aplication mo nutshell?
    kc ako din magaaply ng visa kc parents ko andun
    ppunta kme ng bro ko, makikibalita lng kung ano n ngyri sa aply mo

@illumina
    super higpit n n tlga ang japan embassy?
    my interview prin b s embassy?
    enge nmn konting info so wer ready if ever ty
    We didn't need to be interviewed, but that may depend on the visa classification that you're applying for.