Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Pano ako makakapasok sa USTe?

Pano ako makakapasok sa uste? Tumawag na kasi kami and sabi bawal na daw mag exam late na kasi eh May na ngayon di na daw tumatanggap ng examinees kasi enrollment na daw. So anong gagawin ko to be able to enroll? Gusto ko kasi talaga dito. What if mag transfer ako next sem or next school year pag 2nd year na ako?

Comments

• donutzzzz.. sayang! ba't late ka na??

from the looks of it, i suggest you transfer after a year nalang as long as you have completed UST's requirements as a transferee.. usually, you have to earn like mga ilang #'s of units, i-pass yung cut-off GWA nila.. mga ganyan.. call UST and ask kung ano mga kailangan gawin para makapasok next year, para alam mo na. go go go!

so, have fun muna sa 1st year college mo (kung anong university man yan) bago ka pumasok sa UST next year.. :D
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Good luck.
  • ah ok thank u guys!! God bless u!!
  • grabe.. di ka pa nakakapagexam :confused:

anyways, tama ang sinabi nila.. just enjoy your first year in college sa ibang university.

remember na kailangan mo magka 2.0+ GWA.. earn impressive points para di ka mahuli sa mga makakasabayan mo.

saang college/program ka ba papasok sa UST if ever?
    may ibang college na nagrrequire ng recommendation and other requirements or in other words, strict sila when it comes to that matter.

goodluck *okay*
  • coloradocolorado PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sayang, try mo next school year. ;)
  • Next school year pa? pwedeng next sem?

BTW san mas magandang pumasok muna before transfering sa UST?
    because my choices are FEU and Lyceum, so san mas ok? Take note up going to take up Communication Arts.. Thank u for helping me!!
  • ^ call UST nga..

between the two schools, i suggest FEU. mas known tapos magaling din sila. malapit din sa UST. haha, walang konek. i dunno, i just haven't heard of the other school kasi.. good luck! :)
  • tumatanggap ba ang UST ng reset student? I mean transferee from other schools pero start ulit as freshman?
  • donutzzzz,

Communication Arts? hindi tumatanggap ang AB (Faculty of Arts and Letters) ng transferees ng basta-basta. i know its either they accept those with recommendations or rather they don't accept at all.

Take ka sa FEU.. pero maintain a GWA of 2.0 or higher para mas may pag-asa ka makatransfer.. (pero di lang eto ang basehan, ok?)

addikt

afaik, posible yang sinasabi mo, di lang ako sure kung marereset lahat ng units mo..

pero sa most cases, less than half ang naccredit.. (like PE, GE Courses -- English, Algebra, Filipino), and minsan may nakakaligtas na nattake pa din ang ibang subjects na natake na niya from the previous university.

para sa inyong dalawa...

pagbutihan niyo nalang ang 1st year niyo.. then pakitang gilas nalang kayo pagnagtransfer kayo.. hindi basta-basta ang pagtransfer sa UST.
  • I took the exam I remember way back 2002. Ang dami tao at init sa labas. buti na lang ang ganda ng campus at facilities ng uste. very conducive to learning.. Sabi nila madali lang daw makapasok sa UST pero kanya kanyang pagpupursigi lang yan.
    Hindi ito dream school ko pero Im proud Thomasian. Afterall, nagtapos ako at maganda kinalabasan ko.
  • siopao_queen06siopao_queen06 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    delay for a year na lang? may classmate's bro. ganun kasi ginawa. :] he graduated s.y 2007-2008, he took the exam and passed. Advertising sya, incoming froshie 2k8-2k9.
  • My friend told me that if I transfer freshmen ulit ako?? What duh!! Di nga? Is that true? Oh UST is my dream school!! So sad :(
  • ^ kaya naman nasabi na freshman ka ulit kasi most of your subjects ay hindi maccredit. PE, English, Filipino and other Gen.Subjects lang ang maccredit.

tsaka di lahat ng mattake mo from your previous university ay pareho sa curriculum ng UST, and you have to repeat your majors (pag nakapagtake ka na)
  • ung advertising arts po ba tumatanggap ng transferee galing sa ibang school??? balak ko po kc lumipat dun 2nd sem eh? my quota po ba un?
  • markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    ung advertising arts po ba tumatanggap ng transferee galing sa ibang school??? balak ko po kc lumipat dun 2nd sem eh? my quota po ba un?

My advise goes to all thomasian wannabees who are already taking up freshman fr other schools yet would still want to get into UST.

If you fail the entrance exam - thats it no more. But if you miss the exam and want to transfer or shift you need to read below and take this seriously.

You cannot transfer in the middle of an academic year (that goes to all colleges in the university). You need to finish 1 school year before you could inquire to transfer (again let me reiterate "inquire" only, it does not guarantee that there are slots open for you) to the advertising department of UST Coll of fine arts and design and fr any college of UST, i can advise you to start inquiring january of 09 and fr there call the office every 3 weeks and ask if their are slots available until march(slots in UST is scarce - this is a fact) so you need to scramble all your energy by calling and visiting the office at beato angelico at P.noval st. Whats good about your inquiries is that the admin may notice and see how eager you are in wanting to get into UST's program. And be friend the staff humbly so they may be courteous towards your inquisitive persona. Take my advise this is what i did when i shifted fr nursing to fine arts. They gave me a slot for an exam with drawings, abstract reasoning etc. and when i passed i got a 92% overall result.
  • donutzzzz wrote: »
    My friend told me that if I transfer freshmen ulit ako?? What duh!! Di nga? Is that true? Oh UST is my dream school!! So sad :(

Waaaaaaa! Ako rin!!!!!!!:mecry: Nung sinurrender ko yung confirmation of enrolment ko, pinicturan ko pa for posterity's sake. :( Saan ka na ba mag-aaral, donutzzzz?
  • tama si kuya markfroilan..

i remember i started to inquire in January and bumalik ako once last February 2007 and i started to ask often by March 2007. nakukulitan na nga ata sila sa akin noon, pero hindi ako tumigil.. tipong pupunta ako para magtanong, tapos aalis din agad. :lol:

they accept transferees in some Meritorious Cases, or rather, they accept in accordance with their standards.
    During the first week, our professor (which happens to be the College Secretary) introduced me in the class.. It was also the time na narealize ko lahat ng pinagdaanan ko. She told the whole class everything about my transfer procedures.

I was recommended to the college by a dignified personality.. (since AMV-CoA accepts transferees upon recommendation) but then my professor said that recommendation aside, i managed to gain an impressive IQ and USTET and Transferee Exam result, supported by my commendable GWA in the previous university i attended. (Naubos ang 20mins ng class dahil sa introduction, and sobrang pressure ang naramdaman ko noon)

Well as for you guys, hindi ako sure kung kailangan itrace back ang USTET niyo noon, pero pinasa ko siya to support my application.

Try niyo maginquire by January 2009 kung saan niyo gustong college. *okay*
    sa ngayon, try to gain good grades sa papasukan niyong university. Inquiring does not mean na magkakaroon na kayo ng malaking chance na makapasok, its just a step... marami pa kayong pagdadaanan.
  • My advise goes to all thomasian wannabees who are already taking up freshman fr other schools yet would still want to get into UST.

If you fail the entrance exam - thats it no more. But if you miss the exam and want to transfer or shift you need to read below and take this seriously.

You cannot transfer in the middle of an academic year (that goes to all colleges in the university). You need to finish 1 school year before you could inquire to transfer (again let me reiterate "inquire" only, it does not guarantee that there are slots open for you) to the advertising department of UST Coll of fine arts and design and fr any college of UST, i can advise you to start inquiring january of 09 and fr there call the office every 3 weeks and ask if their are slots available until march(slots in UST is scarce - this is a fact) so you need to scramble all your energy by calling and visiting the office at beato angelico at P.noval st. Whats good about your inquiries is that the admin may notice and see how eager you are in wanting to get into UST's program. And be friend the staff humbly so they may be courteous towards your inquisitive persona. Take my advise this is what i did when i shifted fr nursing to fine arts. They gave me a slot for an exam with drawings, abstract reasoning etc. and when i passed i got a 92% overall result.

waaaaaaa!!!!!! :mecry:
    pag bumagsak sa entrance exam di na tlaga pede lumipat dun???? :depressed:

sbi po kc ng brother q pede pa "daw" eh. . .
  • pedropindukopedropinduko PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Epal lang. Grabe naman ang UST. Super strict sa transferees. Hehe. Pag di pa rin tumanggap ang UST kahit na mataas grades mo, I suggest mag UP ka na lang. Ang daling magtransfer basta oks ang grades. Hehehe.

I'm a transferee myself but not to UST. Anyways, I feel your dilemma. Still, bakit ngayon mo lang naisipang magtanong about entrance exams??? Hehehe. Owel, don't mind my question.
  • markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Hindi nagmamaganda ang USTe ha, mahirap talaga makapasok dun, besides the parking, lol - ok thats figuratively. Given the limited amount of space to accomodate 40K students and having only 1 fully functional campus as compared to the developing UST gen san, UST sta. rosa,,,,the UST manila can only admit so much and so less as it can to aspiring thomasians.