Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas

Transferring to UST

I'm a college freshman and I'm thinking of transferring to UST.

Do you guys think that I still have a chance of getting into UST albeit, say, I have failed subjects? Do they conduct interviews for transfer students?

Thanks.

Comments

• coloradocolorado PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pag may bagsak ka, hindi ka na pwede mag-transfer sa UST unless may backer ka o may kakilala ka sa loob.

:lol:
  • pero minsan hindi lang basta-basta backer ang kailangan.
    and you're somewhat late para ngayon lang magsimula, dapat march palang naginquire ka na then 1st week of april ka nag-ayos ng papers.

may bagsak ka? nako, mukhang mahihirapan ka.
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ this is one of the posters here that you may want to have a talk with.

good luck.

i'm doubtful if you can get in with your red marks. One of the transferees that I know is almost a ***** laude (gpa wise) before he transfered to UST.
  • ^ haha. based from my experience :lol:

transferees should have at least 2.0 GWA with no failing marks.. programs and colleges have their own requirements.

maginquire at pumunta ka na ng UST ASAP :lol:
  • pero minsan hindi lang basta-basta backer ang kailangan.
    and you're somewhat late para ngayon lang magsimula, dapat march palang naginquire ka na then 1st week of april ka nag-ayos ng papers.

may bagsak ka? nako, mukhang mahihirapan ka.

As in kahit magsimula ulit ako as freshman? Kahit wala nang ma-credit.

Magte-take ulit ako ng USTET, 'yung usual na procedures na ginagawa ng mga incoming freshmen?
  • before you mind those matters like the credited subjects and whatsoever, be sure to inquire first. I'm sorry but you may not succeed even for the USTET, having failing marks.

transferring is a long process. you'll need to pass several steps which I personally call as the preliminary evaluation, USTET and the Final evaluation.

You first need to gain the first 3 requirements of transferring or shifting:
    1. Letter of Intent addressed to the Dean
    2. Transcript of Records and Good Moral Character Certificate
    3. You must not have Failing Grades.

Some colleges require "letter of recommendation" which is given in some meritorious cases. And after, your requirements will be set for the preliminary evaluation.

The college would post the initial list of students qualified to take the USTET, and this is when you could take the exam.

Your results would be evaluated, and if you fit the standards of the college.. the final candidates who are qualified to enroll would be posted in the college after the final evaluation.

"Magte-take ULIT ako ng USTET"?

USTET is only given once to incoming Freshmen students, and is also given upon request of the College thru the Dean/College Secretary which is then known as "Transferees/Shifters Examination"
  • As in kahit magsimula ulit ako as freshman? Kahit wala nang ma-credit.

Magte-take ulit ako ng USTET, 'yung usual na procedures na ginagawa ng mga incoming freshmen?

As far as I know, the USTET is only given to those who have not yet earned college credits, i.e., graduating high school students.

And yes, your failing marks would severely minimize your chances of getting in.
  • Well ako naman nahuli ng paeexam so hindi na sila ngayon tumatanggap. Pwede pa bang humabol but i think malabo na kasi its May na and enrollment na so my plan is to transfer sa 2nd year. Ok lng ba yun? baka mag FEU muna aco for now.
  • ^^ Okay lang 'yun. Just don't get any failing marks. Aim for a GPA of 2.0 or better to maximize your chances.
  • i am a commerce 2nd yr student. how can i transfer to college of accountancy? totoo bang di maccredit yung mga accounting subjects na na-takeup ko na?
  • joseph0487joseph0487 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ashnight wrote: »
    i am a commerce 2nd yr student. how can i transfer to college of accountancy? totoo bang di maccredit yung mga accounting subjects na na-takeup ko na?

Iba kasi yung level ng accounting na tinuturo sa mga non-accountancy students sa mga accountancy talaga kahit na basic palang. So, mukhang hindi nga. Punta ka sa office ng AMV, inquire ka mababait naman sila dun.
  • diba pag nag shift ka irregular kana habang buhay?

nasa college of science ako and im trying to shift next year sa college of science rin. madali lang ba?
  • Arfhie wrote: »
    diba pag nag shift ka irregular kana habang buhay?

nasa college of science ako and im trying to shift next year sa college of science rin. madali lang ba?

hindi naman, depende sa plano mo. For example, if there will always be an option for you kung magbblock section ka. It still depends on what year you're on, the number of credited subjects and how many years you want to stay. :)
  • ahm for example kasi po pag nag shift ako sa ibang course di ba may major sila. bawal ata po yun itake ng summer kaya habang buhay ka nang irreg sa college mo.
  • kunwari nakumpleto mo na lahat ng letters na kailangan. ano nang gagawin mo?
  • hi im a devcomm student from UP los banos. .i want to transfer there in ust. .simply, mas malapit kasi. . do i have a chance to get in? moreover, i passed ustet last year both legal management and economics. . can i still acquire one of those courses using my last year's ustet result or do i need to take up another one???
  • [k]jwan[k]jwan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    shouran12 wrote: »
    hi im a devcomm student from UP los banos. .i want to transfer there in ust. .simply, mas malapit kasi. . do i have a chance to get in? moreover, i passed ustet last year both legal management and economics. . can i still acquire one of those courses using my last year's ustet result or do i need to take up another one???

This is like asking people from UP whether or not one can get a slot because they passed last year's UPCAT. :bop:
  • Hey, my cousin's having a hard time cos he failed twice in La Salle and he's in his sophomore year like me. A family friend recommended UST for him but no one in our family went to UST so we are having a hard time. Will they accept him if he transferred, with failures and all? Thanks sooo much! :)
  • [k]jwan wrote: »
    This is like asking people from UP whether or not one can get a slot because they passed last year's UPCAT. :bop:

ahm do you have any answer/s to my question? if yes, thank you! :) coz personally, i really dont need such comparative idea nor likewise statements of yours. . masyadong masabaw! :bop: :rotflmao:
  • Hi sir ask ko lang po, accountancy student ako then balak ko sana ituloy ang 5th year ko sa ust pwd ba yon?