Macross Frontier

xyzseamanxyzseaman Loved by Adm!n ~ PExer
I've seen the first episode and it looks good. *okay*

However, the main character's (Alto) first battle with the bad guys reminds me of Rick Hunter's attempt to save Minmay in a Veritech fighter. :lol:

What do you guys think of the series so far? I'm currently downloading episodes 2 and 3 atm.

Comments

• Nightmare_BetaNightmare_Beta The Final Pillar of Hope PExer
    Sounds, Visuals. I have nothing to say. It's just too good. I wonder for how long though.
  • xyzseamanxyzseaman Loved by Adm!n ~ PExer
    Next episode airs on the 24th. Can't wait. :)
  • CSMeekaiCSMeekai Whatever!!! PExer
    green haired kid wants to be like superstar, superstar wnats earrings back from princess, princess saves both girls.

sheryl is a hottie, ranka has a great solo that reminds me so much of myung theme and alto looks prettier than both girls. :rotflmao:

what do you think are the adversaries after?

sure, sure, the UN spacy equipment is there to wow, but the adversaries rock!

Yoko Kanno still does the musical scoring for this, right? I really love her works.

... and yes, I can't wait for the next episode.
    Still too early to tell about the Vajras... though I heard na they've been mentioned sa previous Macross series or something.. tagal ko na kasing hindi nagke-keep up sa Macross eh...
  • Dan AbnormalDan Abnormal nonMember PExer
    reaction weaponry
    One thing's for sure, the Vajra does a good job in "follow through", hehe.. I like the scene where the UN Spacy Fighter was getting shot to pieces until it explodes. ;)
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pretty much standard for a Macross (or Robotech) series. Some girl singing, and a hero pilot that's orphaned (manner of speaking) acting "cool". I wonder how will this blend with the rest of the old Macross saga/series?
  • 24242424 Guest PExer
    Where can you get this stuff? Is this site safe?
    I dont know where to get streaming data but go to mininova.org for downloads.

@Dune: yea, it reminds me of the first Macross series but yea, I'll see how it goes as well.
    Sent you PM.

I'm also going through (again) the entire Macross Protoculture series. Already a few episodes after Wedding Bells where Max and Mira got hitched, death of Roy Fokker, and developments between Rick Hunter (or Hikaru Ichijo) and Lisa Hayes (or Misa Hayase); and the classic Macross DYRL.

Also seen ep4 of Macross F. Looks like another love triangle (again, standard) in the works similar to Rick, Lisa, and Minmay.
  • Nightmare_BetaNightmare_Beta The Final Pillar of Hope PExer
    Well, formulas are effective. For a while. If they don't get more innovative than this, it could fall to mediocrity. And a Macross title can't afford to be mediocre. *ehem*macross 7*ehem*
    I blame the whole space (soap) opera genre on Captain Harlock. If it wasn't for this, there wouldn't be Gundam (currently, it's the longest running series of this genre) and Macross.

Gaddamit! I can't get that Macross DYRL song out of my head!
  • VerneVerne Whoosh PExer
    and yes, we hear Minmay este...Ranka singing "My Boyfriend is a Pilot."
    Yes, Ranka sang her own version of the minmay song.

It has a DYRL feel, even the ending theme.

one thing i noticed... the production team seems to be really pouring in a lot of love on every episode, which is something that i really like about this whole new thing.

it would seem though, that both ranka and sheryl are components of minmay's character.

it would be uncharacteristic of macross if none of these ladies is actually connected to the vajras one way or the other.

lt klein is so cute in her micronised form and gave mikhail a pretty hard time when he started teasing her at the end of ep. 4.

you guys might be interested in blogs about this series... click here
  • jeremyvjeremyv Tambay ng Taguig PExer
    I love the visuals but on the music, I prefer Macross Plus. Now that was one of the best.

Anyway for those of you interested - my barkada is selling some of her vinyl stuff - check them out at http://zakobushi.multiply.com/journal/item/19/Designer_Toys_For_Sale
  • kungpowkungpow booboo PExer
    Hey hey!

I was a huge fan of the macross series when I was in my elementary school years. Just wondering where did you get your copy of the macross...and does it include the next generations after rick hunter ? I forgot what they called it...basta iyong kasunod ng story ni rick hunter sa series hehehe
    Dunedain wrote: »
    Sent you PM.

I'm also going through (again) the entire Macross Protoculture series. Already a few episodes after Wedding Bells where Max and Mira got hitched, death of Roy Fokker, and developments between Rick Hunter (or Hikaru Ichijo) and Lisa Hayes (or Misa Hayase); and the classic Macross DYRL.

Also seen ep4 of Macross F. Looks like another love triangle (again, standard) in the works similar to Rick, Lisa, and Minmay.
    jeremyv wrote: »
    I love the visuals but on the music, I prefer Macross Plus. Now that was one of the best.

well... the music scoring was also done by the same person in macross frontier, for most parts, i think... she also scored apple seed, wolf's rain, cowboy bebop and ghost in the shell... so i'm looking forward to this one as well.

i'd agree with you on the macross plus music, though. it was one of yoko kanno's best works.

:)
    kungpow wrote: »
    Hey hey!

I was a huge fan of the macross series when I was in my elementary school years. Just wondering where did you get your copy of the macross...and does it include the next generations after rick hunter ? I forgot what they called it...basta iyong kasunod ng story ni rick hunter sa series hehehe

I only have Legacy 1 DVD (volume 1 & 2) for starters. Then someone at work gave me Legacy 1-5 last week (too much crap on his desk, I suppose) and I played couch potato during the weekend. Basically, Legacy 1-3 (or volumes 1-6) is The Macross Saga, Legacy 4-5 (volumes 5-6) is The Masters, I still have to check out series after volume 6 which are comprised of the Invid invasion. I also have DVDs of Macross Zero and Macross Plus (both series and movie), as well as Shadow Chronicles (continuation of Rick Hunter and possibly Lisa Hayes, Max and Miriya Sterling). 2009 pa ang Shadow Rising.
    Flashback! Best scene from the classic Macross: Do You Remember Love movie. Click alien saucer to stream video. *okay*

:alien:

Back on topic, Macross F ep6 (raw) is out. *okay*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file