Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues

Spray can removed from a Man's *****

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/04/15/news/surgery.spectacle.html
Surgery spectacle

A 39-year-old homosexual is planning to sue a medical team after he saw in a cellular phone of a friend last Friday a circulated video footage of the operation to extract a perfume canister stuck in his ***** during a sexual act.

The operation on the man, who only wants to be identified as “Jan-Jan,” was done at the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC) last Jan. 3 yet, but the video footage has been circulating through cell phones since then and was even uploaded in the video-sharing web site, YouTube.

“I trusted them. And yet they ridiculed me behind my back…Was that something a professional would do? I can’t even walk the streets without being laughed at by neighbors. I want my ordeal to end. And I hope it doesn’t happen to anyone else,” Jan-Jan told Sun.Star Cebu in Cebuano.

The video that runs for two minutes and 28 seconds shows an operating team of more than 10 people laughing, with someone shouting instructions while the operation was going on.

It captures individuals with mobile phones and cameras taking footage of the operation. A brief panning motion shows some of the faces of the people involved in the procedure.

Loud cheering and shouting can be heard as the canister that someone describes as a “baby” is slowly pulled out of the *****. One of the staff even opens the perfume and sprays it around.

All the time, the patient whose face is not visible in the video, is unconscious.

Probe

Dr. Emmanuel Gines, VSMMC spokesperson, said a committee that has been looking into the case since before the Holy Week is still “wrapping” up its probe and may come up with a recommendation this week or early next week.

“I can’t elaborate on the investigation as it is not yet on official paper. So let’s just wait. After the video came out, we enforced stricter implementation of policies such as the prohibition of cameras inside the operating room,” he said.

There are “rare” cases though that may be documented but should be “balanced” with patient-doctor confidentiality, he said.

Gines admitted there were also nursing students involved.

“We already informed the schools and there were sanctions separately done by those schools,” he said.

He said Jan-Jan’s doctor and the others involved in the operation are still employed at VSMMC, pending result of the investigation.

Department of Health (DOH) 7 officer-in-charge Dr. Angelita Salarda said that there should be respect for human dignity.

“The patient-doctor confidentiality is part of the code of ethics of a medical practitioner. The patient has the right to privacy,” she said.

Salarda explained that she could not yet comment on the issue because the health agency is waiting for the complaint to be submitted to them.

“From interviewing the patient or complainant concerned, we can assess the jurisdiction of DOH on the matter,” she said, adding that DOH is more on licensing medical institutions according to service capability, equipment, physical plant, and personnel.

Salarda said they will coordinate with the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) and the Philippine Civil Service Commission on what to do once they get the patient’s complaint.

PRC 7 officer-in-charge Dan Malayang said they can investigate the matter once they get the complaint. They can also reprimand those involved or suspend or revoke their licenses if proven guilty, he added.

Lesson

“Jan-Jan” sought the help of Basak-Pardo Barangay Captain Dave Tumulak, who promised to assist him in first submitting letters of complaint to the DOH, PRC, Sen. Miriam Santiago and to the VSMMC before going to court.

“People trust their doctors. The behavior as shown in the video is unfair to other doctors who religiously follow their oath and they are destroying the reputation of government service,” Tumulak said.

When he saw the footage, Jan-Jan knew he was the patient from the brand and color of the spray canister. His family also recognized that it was him.

He told Tumulak that the only reason he came forward was to teach doctors, nurses and nursing students a lesson.

Jan-Jan is the sixth in the family of eight siblings. He resides in Barangay Basak-Pardo.

He admitted that last Dec. 31, he had sex with a man who ended up “making fun” of him. The following day, he woke up to a pain in his rectal area and below the stomach, prompting him for a physical check-up at the VSMMC.

After laboratory tests showed a spray canister up his *****, the doctor advised him to get an operation to have it taken out.

The patient recalled signing a paper without being properly informed about it and of asking the doctor to only allow members of the operating team inside the room.

“He only laughed. It was very humiliating. It was like a scene from the Carbon market,” he said in Cebuano.

Before losing consciousness from the anesthesia, he remembered someone tying his hands to the bedpost because he was so noisy and restless.

YouTube

On Jan. 5, when Jan-Jan was scheduled to be released, his doctor approached him and asked if he wanted to earn money by uploading the video taken during his operation on YouTube. Ashamed with what had happened, he refused.

The video was reportedly uploaded on YouTube last February. When Sun.Star checked the site, the video could not be found.

When he also asked for a complete copy of his medical records, Jan-Jan was not given any because he was told they were used for a medical case study.

What he has and what he showed to Tumulak is a copy of a medical form that was issued by his doctor for a follow-up checkup with a psychiatrist last Jan. 18.

Jan-Jan failed to see the psychiatrist because he could not locate the office.

He also showed Tumulak the discharge order from his doctor. (NRC)

Comments

• The cheering at the end made it really special. Especially when the doctor sprayed the cologne. Unprofessional, but hilarious.
  • sadirmatasadirmata PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    it's not funny at all. bakit sila nagsisigawan at nagbibiruan? ganyan pala ang mga doktor at narses sa operating room?
  • Anal insertion should definitely not be a pastime of the poor. Who can afford all that medical care?
  • I don't know what the hell was funny. If anything, that was gross.
  • baludoybaludoy Nag me-meron PEx Expert 🎖️
    yikes! di ko nakayanan panuorin. i'll leave it up to you guys to watch the irresponsibility of that particular surgical staff
  • Aranda_BayAranda_Bay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I think the sh!t's hilarious! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry but I ain't shedding a tear for sodomizers! :p

Katawa pa yung mga hirit nung isang staff na "fire extinguisher"... :bop:
  • LOL!

Let's see, if the can was stuck in the gay man's *****, was it removed after the sex procedure? If not, he might just do it again.
    :naughty:

A proctologist friend of mine was bragging that he never got calls to go into the hospital at night. Until one time he got a call at 1:00 a.m. by Emergency. The problem was an unopened Coke can was stuck in a gay man's ***** and it could burst any time. So he got into prep for surgery at 2:30 a.m. and by around 3 a.m. he got the can out. But as he was pulling the can with forceps, it slipped, fell onto the floor and broke open, spraying everyone with Coke.
    :rotflmao:
    Aranda_Bay wrote: »
    I think the sh!t's hilarious! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry but I ain't shedding a tear for sodomizers! :p

Katawa pa yung mga hirit nung isang staff na "fire extinguisher"... :bop:
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    why the hell to they put these things up their ass anyway?
    I've heard of an account from a doctor friend of mine saying that his colleague pulled out hardened cement the shape of the guy's ***** with a pingpong ball at the end. Apparently the gay couple was messing with cement and a funnel and you get the picture...
  • hmm,. I can't view the video,. It has been removed by the user..

Hmm,. judging from the article, I think the medical team should have just respected the privacy of the patient. The case of the patient might be unusual and hilarious for some, but I think what was done is no laughing matter. :no:

this should serve as a reminder to other same-sex couples out there,..
  • bafanabafana PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    To make fun of a patient (or any person for that matter) in pain is not only gross, but degrading. To record it for posterity and publicize it in the internet makes the medical staff insensitive and, worse, inhuman.
  • Aranda_BayAranda_Bay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bafana wrote: »
    To make fun of a patient (or any person for that matter) in pain is not only gross, but degrading. To record it for posterity and publicize it in the internet makes the medical staff insensitive and, worse, inhuman.

I think he was under general anaesthesia so there was no pain. :rotflmao:

I think it would be better for that guy to charge a ***** case against the guy who put that can up his hole. It basically falls under the description of *****. Instead of charging the medical staff with an unwinnable case.
  • Not to sound like I'm siding with the homo, but those doctors/nurses should really get out more...

You'd think that they were having a party in that operating room, the way it was jampacked with the unnecessary people just watching... kulang na kulang sila ng kaligayahan and/or ang babaw ng kaligayahan nila sa buhay.

I guess that's the medical life... any little stress breaker is most welcome... :lol:
  • PinoySaKSAPinoySaKSA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    this guy's kinky sex trip is not the issue here...

it's how unprofessional the medical staff of this hospital had been... and i am sure this Jan-jan paid them rightfully for the operation... but nevertheless, even if the operation was pro bono... no human being has the right to humiliate another human being...
  • naoki26 wrote: »
    hmm,. I can't view the video,. It has been removed by the user..

Hmm,. judging from the article, I think the medical team should have just respected the privacy of the patient. The case of the patient might be unusual and hilarious for some, but I think what was done is no laughing matter. :no:

this should serve as a reminder to other same-sex couples out there,..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQZFnsmUrRU
  • ^^ thanks,.. :) the uploader didnt include the "actual" operation so I was able to view just a little of it,..

hmm,.. the doctors and nurses were obviously "happy" or should I say, they acted childishly,.

seriously,.. even recording it?!,.. sheesh,. apparently "respect" is not in their vocabulary,.. :no:

I felt sorry for the gay guy,.. tsktsk,..
  • wala na yung video, ni-removed na nung user, baka may alam kayo, paki-share naman, thanks.
  • shows how unethical our doctors are, by showing complete disrespect for the patient's right to privacy. can anyone now blame terri hatcher's and the desperate wive's scriptwriter for for that dialogue: "... from some med school in the philippines"?
    may nag-upload na naman ng video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmME5QcjjmI
    eto yung "response" video pointing sa unang nag-upload ng video sa youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQZFnsmUrRU