COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

TV memories...

Comments

• Juliuserving05Juliuserving05 Member PExer
    CLASSICS
    Iskul Bukol
    TODAS
    Champoy
    Joey and Son
    Jon En Marsha
    Discorama
    Student Canteen

MAS MODERN NA CLASSICS
    TGIS
    Mixed Nuts
    Tropang Trumpo
    WOW Mali
    Oki doki doc
    Home Along da Riles
    Palibhasa Lalake
    Ang TV
    Coney Reyes on Cam
    Ok ka fairy ko
    AGILA
    VALIENTE
    Mara Clara
    Eye to Eye
    Katok mga misis
    Teysi ng Tahanan
    Villa Quintana
    GMA Supershow
    THATS entertainment
    Sa Linggo Napo Sila
    siyempre Eat BULAGA (30 years in 2009)

Foreign Classics on Phil TV
    BIOMAN
    Shaider
    Ultraman
    Doogie Howser
    Baywatch
    BH 90210/Melrose Place
    Murphy Brown
    Marimar (and other thalia dramas)

CLASSIC CARTOONS
    Voltes V
    Peter Pan
    Sarah ang Munting Princesa
    Cedie
    Dragon Ball Z --- The BEST
    Kimba the white lion
    sama mo na si Sailor Moon
  • Juliuserving05Juliuserving05 Member PExer
    it would be interesting to see the two trios (or, the six men, however you fancy your math :D) to perform together on "eat bulaga" with a live band...para maipakita sa buong pilipinas na, yes, even if their shows competed directly with each other for 3 years, there is no bad blood among the six after all. :)

THe bad blood worsened when EB went to GMA and APO replaced them. APO started to bash EB by making jokes about EB on air, Joey eventually fired back. When asked about the tirades, APO said they were ordered to say those things. --- Sang Linggo nApo sila was later shut down by EB and was replaced by MTB.

But now wala nang bad blood, EB has even had them guest a few times on the show. I have a friend that told me that he even saw Joey at an APO concert recently and was even acknowledged by the group.
  • sirloin_steaksirloin_steak Jump brother, jump brother! PExer
    ^ aha...batang EB ako, pero 'di pa ako nakapanood ng guesting ng APO in recent years...or maybe i just missed it. :(

pero 'yung talagang naaalala ko, yung nabanggit ko sa page 2 na sinagot ni joey yung tawag ni danny javier sa cellphone niya in the middle of "bulagaan"...apparently, the man was watching, too. *okay*...

at isa pang "aha"..."katok mga misis"...i have faint memories of its first year when the late giovanni calvo was still hosting it (dahil nasa school ako sa umaga--mga grade 5 ako noon), pero lagi kasing ginagaya ng isa kong kaklaseng lalake yung mga hirit ni giovanni kasama ang audience sa show that went something like this: "mmmm...mmmm...chikaaaaaa!" tumatak talaga yun sa isip ko. :D although siyempre, mas tanda ko na yung show nung may subtitle na siyang "with aling ali (sotto) and arnelli (ignacio)"...
  • ruri_asagiruri_asagi adventurer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    anime classics

sailormoon

and the likes
  • salbakuta02salbakuta02 Serious type PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    it would be interesting to see the two trios (or, the six men, however you fancy your math :D) to perform together on "eat bulaga" with a live band...para maipakita sa buong pilipinas na, yes, even if their shows competed directly with each other for 3 years, there is no bad blood among the six after all. :)

absolutely dude!!! i'm one of those people who will look forward to that APO guesting and to do a special number with TVJ as well. i'm sure napakataas ang rating nyan pagnagkataon :)

anung malay natin mangyari yan sa 30th anniversary special ng Eat Bulaga.
    absolutely dude!!! i'm one of those people who will look forward to that APO guesting and to do a special number with TVJ as well. i'm sure napakataas ang rating nyan pagnagkataon :)

anung malay natin mangyari yan sa 30th anniversary special ng Eat Bulaga.

that's a good idea. hehe...sana, may nagbabasa nitong may kilala sa TAPE (production company ng EB), o tiga-TAPE mismo. :p

meanwhile, back to the past...

another random recall moment...bigla ko lang naalala yung mga voice-over announcer noon ng ilan sa mga classic variety shows natin...(forgive me for always watching even the closing credits... :lol: )

GMA supershow/that's entertainment - danny soncuya
    the sharon cuneta show - peter "rabbit" musngi (who now heads ABS-CBN radio and is still ABS-CBN TV's resident voiceover)
    lunch date - the mole/jimmy jam
    SST - jimmy jam
    eat bulaga - "long tall howard" medina (ngayon, si tom alvarez na ng RX93.1, pero sa mga plugs na lang ng EB)
    sa linggo napo sila/'sang linggo napo sila/ASAP - bob novales (siya pa rin 'ata sa ASAP hanggang ngayon)
    vilma! - ed picson/bob novales
  • salbakuta02salbakuta02 Serious type PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    that's a good idea. hehe...sana, may nagbabasa nitong may kilala sa TAPE (production company ng EB), o tiga-TAPE mismo. :p

meanwhile, back to the past...

another random recall moment...bigla ko lang naalala yung mga voice-over announcer noon ng ilan sa mga classic variety shows natin...(forgive me for always watching even the closing credits... :lol: )

GMA supershow/that's entertainment - danny soncuya
    the sharon cuneta show - peter "rabbit" musngi (who now heads ABS-CBN radio and is still ABS-CBN TV's resident voiceover)
    lunch date - the mole/jimmy jam
    SST - jimmy jam
    eat bulaga - "long tall howard" medina (ngayon, si tom alvarez na ng RX93.1, pero sa mga plugs na lang ng EB)
    sa linggo napo sila/'sang linggo napo sila/ASAP - bob novales (siya pa rin 'ata sa ASAP hanggang ngayon)
    vilma! - ed picson/bob novales

hehehe nakakbilib din ang loyalty ni Mr. Novales sa Dos noh?
    :D
    hehehe nakakbilib din ang loyalty ni Mr. Novales sa Dos noh?
    :D

well...i'd probably think he's more like a free-lancer, lalo na in the mid-'90s, kung 'di ako nagkakamali, he was doing VO for APO on ABS every sunday AND "vilma!" on GMA every friday (siya yung pumalit kay ed picson)...tapos naging DJ pa siya ng kool 106 under ABC... :D
    up ko lang uli.... *okay*
  • anghetlaosinanghetlaosin Banned by Admin PExer
    Engkantadia!!!!
    ^ 'yung closing theme pa lang (interpreted by bayang barrios), classic na...one of the best original music scores ever created for a philippine tv series... *okay*
  • Bahay_KuboBahay_Kubo Banned by Admin PExer
    :wave:

hello ka-campus sirloin! :)

mabuti naman at buhay na buhay ang TV memories thread. marami talagang pwedeng mapag-usapan sa old days of Philippine TV. :)
    ^ oo nga, BK...

sana may mag-up din ng "radio memories" thread ko sa M&R forums sa labas... :lol:
  • Bahay_KuboBahay_Kubo Banned by Admin PExer
    ka-campus sirloin: oo nga, kaya lang mas vivid kasi ang memories ng TV kaysa sa radio since TV involves visuals. iba ang rehistro sa isip ng tao ng visuals kaysa sa sounds kung meron mas unang matatandaan, yun ay ang TV programs. :)
    ^ hehehe...very well then... :D

mapunta naman ako sa mga newscast anchors/anchor team-ups...these are the ones i remember the most...

GMA
    GMA balita: mike lacanilao, helen vela and bobby guanzon (with veronica baluyut taking over helen vela after the latter's death, and alex tinsay after bobby guanzon won as caloocan congressman)
    GMA headline news: tina monzon-palma and jose mari velez (substituted by leslie espino after velez died; vicky morales also became the third anchor for a short time)
    GMA network news: leslie espino, mari kaimo, riza hontiveros and vicky morales; mike enriquez and vicky morales
    GMA network news weekend (mid-late '90s): raffy marcelo and georgette tengco (gin de mesa later taking over tengco's slot after she left GMA for MTV asia)
    saksi: mike enriquez and karen davila; mel tiangco and jay sonza

ABS-CBN
    TV patrol: noli de castro, mel tiangco, frankie evangelista and angelique lazo (christine bersola substituting after angelique was supposed to get married)
    the world tonight: angelo castro jr. and loren legarda (korina sanchez also became the third anchor but for a short while din), with dyan castillejo and ces drilon as sports and business anchors, respectively
    the weekend news: pia hontiveros

RPN
    newswatch evening cast: cathy santillan and cielo villaluna
    newswatch primecast: harry gasser and coco quisumbing
    newswatch saturday/sunday report: buddy lopa and gaby roldan (who would return to TV later as atty. gaby concepcion--no pun intended. :D )
    newswatch sa umaga: the late pete roa, and later, bill velasco with tere guanzon (i don't know how she's related to bobby. :D)
    primetime balita (their short-lived attempt at a late-night tagalog newscast in the late '90s/early 2000s): angelique lazo and buddy lopa

IBC
    11 o'clock news: lee andres and tg kintanar
    TV x-press: amy godinez and elmer mercado
    IBC balita ngayon: noli eala, tintin gonzalo (i hope i remembered the name right) and manuel llige (nee manolet ripoll from "that's entertainment")
    CTN midnite (a short-lived newscast aired very late, after the VTV time-block): bernadette sembrano (yes, this was her first newscast) and amelyn veloso
    IBC express balita: snooky serna (then credited as snooky serna-go...sila pa ni ricardo cepeda noon); noli eala and precious hipolito-castelo

ABC
    balitang-balita: prof. randy david and chichi fajardo (tg kintanar took over randy david later); gani oro and thelma dumpit-murillo; john susi and ali sotto
    the big news: tina monzon-palma, eric eloriaga and kathy tanco-ong; mike toledo and amelyn veloso

PTV/NBN
    news on 4: mari kaimo, sandra dayco and christine jacob (she was the sports anchor before she became "eat bulaga" co-host)
    teledyaryo (noong isang edition pa lang siya at 8pm): gani oro and chino trinidad (and later, believe it or not, coach chot reyes)
    pangunahing balita (later known as "pambansang balita alas-singko): kathy de leon-vilar
  • auxesauxes auto in please! PExer
    Did anyone mention Buddy en Sol?

and....

Ready na direk!

im such a fan! rpn lang kasi malinaw na signal sa tv namin nun! twas before the cable tv days
    auxes wrote: »
    Did anyone mention Buddy en Sol?

and....

Ready na direk!

im such a fan! rpn lang kasi malinaw na signal sa tv namin nun! twas before the cable tv days

i used to watch those regularly, too...

"ready na, direk!", if my memory serves me right, was on mondays after "actually, yun na!" (yung showbiz talk show where host kris aquino first admitted her pregnancy with josh, courtesy of phillip salvador)...ito 'yung tungkol sa magkalabang film companies, that of mahalia bocanegra (pinky marquez) and artemio pakaskas (jon achaval, an alumnus of "sic o'clock news")...ruffa gutierrez was also one of the main stars of the show...

"buddy en sol" naman was on wednesdays...for me, looking back, this was like the country's answer to "perfect strangers" (which, incidentally, RPN also aired)...ito na rin siguro ang isa sa mga huling hit show ng RPN after the "john en marsha"/"superstar" era...
  • Global VoyagerGlobal Voyager Princess Of The World PExer
    alangya, dito pala kayo nagtatago ha! :bop:

heto naman ang mga cherished TV Memories ko. kung saan wala pang Network Wars! ;)

GMA

Local:

Anna Liza
    GMA Supershow
    VIP
    Lovingly Yours Helen
    See-True
    Eye To Eye
    Yagit
    That's Entertainment
    Lunch Date
    Penthouse Live!
    Viewpoint
    TGIS
    Growing Up
    Anna Karenina
    Beh Bote Nga
    Katok Mga Misis
    Miss D!
    Mornings @ GMA
    Regal Shocker
    The Probe Team
    Brigada Siete
    Public Forum
    NegoSiyete
    Limited Engagement
    HKHD
    Spotlight
    Dungeons and Dragons

Foreign:

Punky Brewster
    Knight Rider
    Dynasty (Colby's Vs. Carrington's)
    I'll Take Manhattan

RPN

John and Marsha
    Flor de Luna
    Eat Bulaga
    Superstar
    Coney Reyes On Camera

IBC

Maricel Live
    TODAS
    The Sharon Cuneta Show
    Ora Engkantada
    Hapi House
    Pinoy Thriller
    Iskul Bukol
    Eh Kasi Babae
    Chicks To Chicks
    Lovely Ness
    Sic O'clock News

ABS-CBN

Palibhasa Lalake
    abangan Ang Susunod Na Kabanata
    Ang TV
    Home Along The Riles
    Pangako Sa 'Yo
    Teysi Ng Tahanan
    Today With Kris
    The Sharon Cuneta Show
    Tabing Ilog
    Okey Ka Fairy Ko
    Beverly Hills 90210
    The Twilight Zone
    The Maricel Drama Special
    Star Studio Presents

ABC

Tropang Trumpo
    Eezy Dancing
    ^ uy, ikaw pala, GV! :D

alam mo bang may na-sight ako sa youtube...a few clips from the 2nd star awards for TV in 1988...hanapin mo 'yung account na VSPRODUCTION (isang hardcore vilmanian)... ;)

may mga production numbers doon si maricel soriano, alma moreno and vilma santos...

naaliw ako sa taguri nila kay alma moreno doon: the shining star *okay*

may clips din from that same special where governor vi received the awards for both best female tv host and best musical-variety show...at nag-surprise appearance pa si chairman-zano when she received the best musical-variety show award! :D
    oops...up-up-up lang uli! ;) *okay*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file