Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General

TV memories...

Comments

• speaking of TV memories...

naaalala nyo pa ba

commercial ng Cindy's?

unang pinapalabas ito after mag-sign-in ang RPN 9!

"when your hungry......

cindy's is the place to be"

weeeee...
  • from Champoy:

Lalake: Miss, miss.

Babae: Yes?

Lalake: Lawlaw po yung stockings ninyo.

Babae: Bastos, wala akong stockings!
  • from Champoy

Babae 1: Ano kaya pinaguusapan ng mga lalaki pag sila sila lang?

Babae 2: Syempre, katulad din ng pinaguusapan ng babae kung sila sila lang.

Babae: Ay, ang babastos pala nila!
  • TV Memories...

i love the ff shows...

Bioman - astig 'to
    Visionaries - channel 4 pa yata ito dati - da best!
    Batibot - kuya bogie/ate shena
    That's Entertainment - Thrusday Group :glee:
    Ang TV - 4:30 na!
    Princess Sarah - yung unang pinalabas to
    Peter Pan - cartoon version sa ABS
    Negosiyete - kaka adik
    Kwarta o Kahon - SM North Edsa :glee:
    Vilma - dance numbers
    Regal Shocker - IBC 13 pa yata 'to yung sound so creepy
    WWF - ultimate warrior/jake the snake/at yung may pamalo
    Xmen cartoon
    Carebears! - rainbow/lion heart/cute!
    Night Rider
    McGyver
    Mammal ? - yung taong nagiging snake/lawin/jaguar/ basta yon

Regal Shocker ay sa GMA
    Pinoy Thriller ang IBC (Ano ang nasa dako pa roon? ....Bunga ng malikot na pag-iisip....)
  • white rabbitwhite rabbit PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    meron din yung sic o'clock news di ba? can't remember them all and what channel but i think it was led by tessie thomas and jaime fabregas.
  • meron din yung sic o'clock news di ba? can't remember them all and what channel but i think it was led by tessie thomas and jaime fabregas.

tama! that was one of the last great shows that IBC-13 produced and aired after EDSA 1...

si ces quesada, actually, yung ka-partner/co-anchor ni jimmy fabregas...the two of them would also play other characters in the show, spoofing a lot of famous newsmakers (among them, ces' "president tita" character, which was a spoof of cory aquino)...ayos din ang ensemble cast nila--rene requiestas, joji isla, errol dionisio, ching arellano, wilson go, gigi posadas, khryss adalia, manny castaneda, etc.--all under the helm of the great marilou diaz-abaya

no other comedy show dared to poke fun at the news and the people behind it (yet still getting a strong message across) the way "sic o' clock" did...not even "wazzup wazzup" came close...
  • cauchiencauchien PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    chicken!!!! :glee:
    nanaka-miss talaga ang mga classic na palabas. back when there was still no network war. nakakasira yang network war na yan sa quality ng mga palabas.

i miss tropang trumpo, sic o'clock news, champoy, iskul bukol. ang galing pang kumanta ni subas and noel.

speaking of tropang trumpo, di ba abs-cbn created a similar show pero corny na ang dating? the one directed by bobot mortiz if i'm not mistaken.
  • cauchiencauchien PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    caronia caronia ikabupini manikura

:lol:
  • united 'merican diki-diki...united 'merican diki-diki...

wash your bikining itim...wash your bikining itim... :p
  • nakiki-chicken din ako noong araw :lol:
  • nanaka-miss talaga ang mga classic na palabas. back when there was still no network war. nakakasira yang network war na yan sa quality ng mga palabas.

i miss tropang trumpo, sic o'clock news, champoy, iskul bukol. ang galing pang kumanta ni subas and noel.

speaking of tropang trumpo, di ba abs-cbn created a similar show pero corny na ang dating? the one directed by bobot mortiz if i'm not mistaken.

yeah if im not mistaken dun unang nakilala si Vhong.. i might be wrong
  • some of here are the tv shows/series na dko makalimutan:

1. ULA-ang batang gubat
    2. ANNALUNA
    3. ISABEL- sugo ng birhen
    4. MARA CLARA
    5. BATIBOT
    6. MGA KWENTO NI LOLA BASYANG
    7. TWILIGHT ZONE - nung bata ako scary talaga to
    8. BAYWATCH
    9. DR. HOWIE M.D. -crush ko sya nun e
    10. PALIBHASA LALAKE - the best sitcom ever!
    11. ABANGAN ANG SUSUNOD NA KABANATA -khit korni pinapnuod q 2
    12. BIOMAN
    13. SHIDER
    14. SHERA/HE-MAN
    15. POWER RANGER
    16. TROPANG TRUMPO - the best to na gag show (abc 5)
    17. TGIS -gma
    18. GIMIK -abs
    19. ANG TV - one of my favorite also.....4:30 na!!!!!!
    20. TABING ILOG - my favorite of all
  • Yaki_ wrote: »
    yeah if im not mistaken dun unang nakilala si Vhong.. i might be wrong

hmmm...yaki, you're probably referring to the '90s/early 2000s version ng "super laff-in", na itinapat ng dos against "bubble gang" on friday nights...bayani agbayani, redford white, norman mitchell, diether ocampo and mylene dizon were also in that cast...

'di ko lang sure kung si edgar mortiz din ang naging director nito...kasi as far as i can remember, this was probably at the same time he and al tantay were doing shows for vintage television on IBC--"goin' bayabas" (with smokey manaloto) and "wow!" (with rosanna roces, and later, ara mina and keempee de leon)--after leaving ABC 5 (where they did "tropang trumpo" and "wow mali!")...
  • salbakuta02salbakuta02 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hello fans!!!

mabuti naman at may nag-post ng ganitong thread about TV memories :)

btw, does anyone of you had an idea about the TV gag show OK Lang? isa ito sa popular na sitcom during pre-martial law or martial law years over IBC-13 ( the old one) kasi matagal ko na itong naririnig na dito nag-originate sina Danny & Dyords Javier, Jim Paredes, Buboy Garrovillo, and of course, Joey De Leon and the Sotto Brothers (Tito, Val & Vic Sotto).

Dito rin nag-start ang diumano'y "SILENT WAR" between APO and TVJ, pero yung huli 'di daw pa naman sila establish as TVJ eh. may nakakaalam ba?

basta ako o karamihan dito sa atin, mga avid followers ng Iskul Bukol, TODAS or even Eat Bulaga hehehe
  • ambertookmeambertookme 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    American Gladiator
    New Zoo Review
    Great Space Coaster (get on board!!!)
  • 9. DR. HOWIE M.D. -crush ko sya nun e

actually, "doogie howser, M.D." ang title nun. :)

crush ko naman doon yung love interest ni doogie howser, si wanda...tanda ko pa yung isang episode nila na may dream sequence si doogie at si wanda na they were making some pottery just like in a scene from the movie "ghost"...talagang pati background music dun sa scene na yun, "unchained melody" rin. :D

neil patrick harris, the guy who played doogie howser, is back on TV, in the sitcom "how i met your mother"...i think palabas na rin 'ata d'yan sa 'pinas ito...
  • hello fans!!!

mabuti naman at may nag-post ng ganitong thread about TV memories :)

btw, does anyone of you had an idea about the TV gag show OK Lang? isa ito sa popular na sitcom during pre-martial law or martial law years over IBC-13 ( the old one) kasi matagal ko na itong naririnig na dito nag-originate sina Danny & Dyords Javier, Jim Paredes, Buboy Garrovillo, and of course, Joey De Leon and the Sotto Brothers (Tito, Val & Vic Sotto).

Dito rin nag-start ang diumano'y "SILENT WAR" between APO and TVJ, pero yung huli 'di daw pa naman sila establish as TVJ eh. may nakakaalam ba?

basta ako o karamihan dito sa atin, mga avid followers ng Iskul Bukol, TODAS or even Eat Bulaga hehehe

definitely, i wasn't born when "OK lang" was still on the air, but i have read about the show (mostly through joey de leon's column in the manila bulletin)...and i learned that it was on air during the time that IBC was still owned by the canoys (owners of RMN--558 DZXL and 93.9 i-FM) and the sorianos (mga dating may-ari ng san miguel corporation)...ricky manalo, jr. (RIP) was also part of the cast...

hindi ko rin maintindihan kung talagang nagka-"silent war" nga ba o hindi ang APO at ang TVJ...i would like to believe na hindi nangyari yun...i remember one of joey's columns, where he wrote na madalas pa raw silang anim maglaro ng poker off-cam, 'pag tine-tape ang "OK lang"...also, sa isang issue ng YES! magazine where "eat bulaga" was the cover story, one of the pictures joey himself lent to YES! showed na nagkasama silang anim sa isang production number during an "eat bulaga" anniversary show (nasa ABS pa ang EB at that time)...and, i also remember, on one "eat bulaga" telecast about two or three years ago lang, danny javier supposedly called joey de leon's cellphone in the middle of "bulagaan" para mangamusta, and joey answered the call on live TV...

speaking of the APO, aside from "discorama" (ang unang show as a trio ng TVJ...the APO took over when TVJ left GMA for RPN 9 to do "bulaga"), "sa linggo napo sila", "'sang linggo napo sila" and "sabado live!", nagkaroon din sila ng primetime game show sa IBC (when it was known as "islands TV 1-3") called "islands gamemasters"...2-hour live game show ito (mondays at 7pm), where jim, danny and buboy had their own segments...dyords javier was also in the show, too, mingling with the studio audience (seated over at what he called the "balkonahe"--although in reality, as i would learn later, walang "balcony" ang mga live studio sa broadcast city :D) and giving away instant cash prizes to them...
    about the feud between TVJ and APO, i think it was true. i read an article some years back featuring an interview with joey de leon. i don't remember the exact details, but from my recollection he was asked about it and he admitted that nagkasamaan sila ng loob back when all of them were with ABS-CBN. inaapi-api daw yata sila ng APO who were already sikat that time samantalang pang-support lang ang TVJ. sabi pa ni joey, farmer daw kasi siya (nagtatanim...ng galit) kaya hindi niya makalimutan yung pang-aapi sa kanila ng APO. i'll try to find that article on the net. i think it was in panorama, the sunday mag of manila bulletin.

pero matagal na silang nagkaayos.
  • about the feud between TVJ and APO, i think it was true. i read an article some years back featuring an interview with joey de leon. i don't remember the exact details, but from my recollection he was asked about it and he admitted that nagkasamaan sila ng loob back when all of them were with ABS-CBN. inaapi-api daw yata sila ng APO who were already sikat that time samantalang pang-support lang ang TVJ. sabi pa ni joey, farmer daw kasi siya (nagtatanim...ng galit) kaya hindi niya makalimutan yung pang-aapi sa kanila ng APO. i'll try to find that article on the net. i think it was in panorama, the sunday mag of manila bulletin.

pero matagal na silang nagkaayos.

it would be interesting to see the two trios (or, the six men, however you fancy your math :D) to perform together on "eat bulaga" with a live band...para maipakita sa buong pilipinas na, yes, even if their shows competed directly with each other for 3 years, there is no bad blood among the six after all. :)