Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

TV memories...

Comments

• Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    T.O.D.A.S. didn't have Tito and Vic Sotto in the roster. It only had Joey De Leon among the trio. But JDL had Val Sotto, the eldest brother of Tito and Vic, in the lineup, alongside Spanky Rigor.

Looking at the personalities in the ad, the other stars included: Bert De Leon, Richie D' Horsey, Redford White, Frieda Fonda, Maribeth Bichara and another female who I can't recognize. But if I recall correctly, the original cast had the sexy Malu Dela Fuente (she's not the one in between Spanky and Maribeth).

Val isn't in the picture.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    T.O.D.A.S. didn't have Tito and Vic Sotto in the roster. It only had Joey De Leon among the trio. But JDL had Val Sotto, the eldest brother of Tito and Vic, in the lineup, alongside Spanky Rigor.

Looking at the personalities in the ad, the other stars included: Bert De Leon, Richie D' Horsey, Redford White, Frieda Fonda, Maribeth Bichara and another female who I can't recognize. But if I recall correctly, the original cast had the sexy Malu Dela Fuente (she's not the one in between Spanky and Maribeth).

• Jake.CebuJake.Cebu Member PExer

Thanks for the correction, Sir Jay. I thought before that even the Bossing and Tito were also part of the show's roster. Turns that I was wrong... :lol:

Meanwhile...

The opening billboard of ABS-CBN's former noontime variety show, Magandang Tanghali, Bayan, circa 2000-01.
  • nu_metalnu_metal Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yung "WansaFunny Taym" segment pala ng MTB ang original na SineMoTo.
  • burburburbur ...raot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Jake.Cebu wrote: »
    Thanks for the correction, Sir Jay. I thought before that even the Bossing and Tito were also part of the show's roster. Turns that I was wrong... :lol:

Meanwhile...

Ito yung time na nagpaparinigan ang EB at MTB on-air. Pag nag-commercial na, lipat muna sa kabilang show para malaman kung ano sasabihin nila then lipat ulit sa kabila hehe. :lol: Dito ata nag-umpisa ang network war.
    burbur wrote: »
    Ito yung time na nagpaparinigan ang EB at MTB on-air. Pag nag-commercial na, lipat muna sa kabilang show para malaman kung ano sasabihin nila then lipat ulit sa kabila hehe. :lol: Dito ata nag-umpisa ang network war.

As far as I know, the network war on Philippine TV has first erupted in the end of the 20th century, but only worsened during the mid-2000's, at the height of ABS-CBN's traditional teleseryes and GMA's fantaseryes and Koreanovelas. That's the reason why free TV in our country no longer has sense to the critical viewers. In fact, I prefer watching cable TV and news channels more than those teleseryes, because the former is more diverse, more informative.

In other topics, does anyone in this forum still remember DBP Hour? It was a public affairs show which tackled about the latest updates on DBP's latest offerings, as well as concerns and feedback from DBP customers/clients. I don't know who hosted this show, but anyway, it was sponsored by... of course, the government-owned bank, and was aired between 1982 and '83, every Saturday night on RPN-9 (9:30 p.m. to be exact, according to TV Times magazine issues released during the time).
    RARE FIND: An old Chicks to Chicks episode dated April 16, 1980 (courtesy of Mr. Jojo Bailon's archives)
  • jetcruz916jetcruz916 Love Peace Earth PEx Rookie ⭐
    May natatandaan ba kayong game show ng APO Hiking Society sa IBC-13 nung early 1990's?
  • gilarmikidgilarmikid Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    jetcruz916 wrote: »
    May natatandaan ba kayong game show ng APO Hiking Society sa IBC-13 nung early 1990's?

Islands Gamemasters po yung tinutukoy mong game show sa Channel 13 kung saan naghost ang APO Hiking Society
    speaking of the APO, aside from "discorama" (ang unang show as a trio ng TVJ...the APO took over when TVJ left GMA for RPN 9 to do "bulaga"), "sa linggo napo sila", "'sang linggo napo sila" and "sabado live!", nagkaroon din sila ng primetime game show sa IBC (when it was known as "islands TV 1-3") called "islands gamemasters"...2-hour live game show ito (mondays at 7pm), where jim, danny and buboy had their own segments...dyords javier was also in the show, too, mingling with the studio audience (seated over at what he called the "balkonahe"--although in reality, as i would learn later, walang "balcony" ang mga live studio sa broadcast city :D) and giving away instant cash prizes to them...
  • temptationofwifetemptationofwife Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sabi sa tv sa monakiki me mona ka na me damit ka pa ni randy santiago sa sst

eto ang sabi ng contestant sa monakiki me mona ka na me kxxx ka pa
  • mel414mel414 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Speaking of SST, yan pala ang nagpasikat kina:

Jon Santos
    Giselle Sanchez
    Smokey Manaloto
    Anjanette Abayari, who was known before as AJ (nasaan na pala siya ngayon)
    Bayani Agbayani

Si Randy Santiago yata was also part of Lunch Date, before siya lumipat ng SST, tama ba? Ang naalala ko lang kasi na nag-cross over from Lunch Date to SST, were Randy Santiago and Aiai delas Alas. Sina Willie Revillame naman atsaka si Mahal, nag-solo na yata after Lunch Date, tama ba?

SST din ang nagbigay ng break kay Giovanni Calvo (sumalangit nawa) on TV, through the segment, Katok Mga Misis, na later on eh naging solo show niya. Na later on eh pinalitan nina Ali Sotto at Arnell Ignacio

Meron pa yata sila nung segment na nagbabahay-bahay sila, at pag nakitang SST yung pinapanood nung binisita ay bibigyan nila ng wall clock tsaka sticker.

At kung ang EB, may Little Miss Philippines, sila naman may GMA Rainbow Princess.
  • esquireDAResquireDAR Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Eat Bulaga: That's my Boy 1994

Sang Linggo nAPO Sila
    Star News TV Patrol

ISPUP ON ABC 5
    ABC 5'S Wheel Of Fortune

Sing Galing
    TROPANG TRUMPO
    TGIS
  • drew_ksadrew_ksa Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Batang 90's ako! hahaha

Ito ang mga naalala ko...

ABS-CBN
    1. Ang TV! Grabe uwing uwi na ako from school dahil 4:30 na ang TV na! :lol:
    2. The Uncanny X-Men every friday night.
    3. Power Rangers
    4. Batman
    5. Cedie Ang Munting Prinsipe
    6. Sarah Ang Munting Prinsesa
    7. Julio at Julia, Kambal ng Tadhana
    8. Teysi ng Tahanan - Pauwi ng ako ng sa bahay at nanonood ang Mama ko neto :lol:
    9. *** time na 9-2=7 ng Eat Bulaga na teaser na lilipat pala sila sa GMA.

GMA
    1. Hanggang ngayon di ko makakalimutan ang papromo nila na GMA's Pots of Gold!

IBC
    1. *** palaging plug nila na 'Islands TV 1-3.

RPN
    1. Alam kong RPN na kasi may time sa TV screen. Minsan pag sira ang orasan sa bahay dito ako tumitingin.
    2. *** tumatak sa akin dito *** Newswatch at *** tagalized na La Traidora :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file