COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Do Tithing "works"?

crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 ✭✭✭
I'm giving this question only to serious investors who practice this. I don't know where to put this topic except here. If this is not appropriate in this forum, please move this somewhere else.

I know Christ is not a selfish God and blesses those who give or do not give. But for those who do, do you actually expect something in return?
«1

Comments

  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    crocopie wrote: »
    I'm giving this question only to serious investors who practice this. I don't know where to put this topic except here. If this is not appropriate in this forum, please move this somewhere else.

    I know Christ is not a selfish God and blesses those who give or do not give. But for those who do, do you actually expect something in return?

    Tithing works but not to the extent the world thinks. God stays true to His promise. He is all-powerful and can give more than we need. Yet the intent is to build character and increase our faith. It is not a business transaction. It is a covenant. God will choose the time and place to bless us. But the promise will come to those who faithfully wait. It is a 100% probability.

    "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, 'In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation.

    Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this, Says the Lord of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing... That there will not be room enough to receive it." - Malachi 3: 8-10


    Does it apply today?

    "For I am the Lord, I do not change... " - Malachi 3:6

    The intent is not to be rich but to be content in whatever God gives us. All of us are different with varying needs. God knows each of us better than ourselves. He even knows the number of hair on our heads or the grains of sand on the beach! This is the Source of eveything seen and unseen around us. Do you think that this is a God who will deprive us of basic needs when even the sparrows in the open field are taken cared of? Are we not worth more than sparrows?!

    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." - Matthew 6:33

    Peace to you. The fear of the Lord is, indeed, the beginning of wisdom. :)
  • yeeeyeee Member PExer
    Tithing really works.

    If you believe in what you reap is what you sow, it definitely is in work with tithing.

    Your money is where your heart is, and as your heart grow less in caring for the money, its richness or lack thereof, the more money making opportunities will come your way.

    Why do you think Warren Buffet or Bill Gates are rich now? Have you heard about the billions they have given away without attachments of returns with more money flowing in. They think Big.

    If you look around and actually believe in God and that God works all this life things for all this succesful people, then theres no question whether tithing works or not. It just does!
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Were Buffett and Gates philanthropic before or after they got rich? I think it's easier to give away millions when you already have millions to give away.
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    The 1st tithe (1/10 of gross salary or net profits if self-employed) is given to God (through His Church). God is above everything. It is above our own needs, family, country, etc. If one wishes to give to the poor or to a charity, that is above and beyond the tithe. Giving to the poor is not a substitute for a tithe, it is in addition to it!

    Yet what is ironic is, as you begin to tithe and put God above everything, you needs will be taken cared of including that of your family. If the majority of people in a nation do the same, the whole country is blessed.

    God test our hearts if we really want to follow Him. Patience and faith is needed. But the promise is real. King David said in the Book of Psalms that he has never seen the righteous beg for bread. Tithing is not something you do to be rich. It is something we do because we love God. And to love Him is to obey His commandments. :)
  • ready2goready2go http://fitzvillafuerte.com PExer
    I would like to believe that it does. But in general, tithing or should I say - CHARITY should be always be a part of a business. Not only to attract good karma, but also to foster loyalty from customers.

    In a study held in the US, it was found out the people tend to support businesses that they know are doing charity. Click the link below to read about this:

    Charity Makes Good Business Sense
  • crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 ✭✭✭
    Actually for this year, tithing is my biggest expense. It is more or less the amount of my dream guitar. I have to give away twice because I made a miscomputation. I just got the receipt a while ago.

    Why did I give? Well, it's something I'd wanted to do for a long time but could not do so. I know it's time that I should do so. Some friends of mine do tithe and their blessings arrive instantly. As in my friend's mother coincidentally gave him a huge lump of money as gift a few days after he tithed. I don't believe in prosperity gospel but I somewhat believed that I might experience the same thing.

    Do I personally expect something in return? I hope I do so. It's a huge pain for me. But I do wonder if God had already put the blessing before I had the opportunity give.

    Nevertheless, the amount made me realize that I put too little in investing. It's true that markets today are very volatile. Maybe it's an opportunity for me to buy.

    Here's another angle towards tithing. What do you think?

    http://churchtithesandofferings.com/
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    crocopie wrote: »
    Actually for this year, tithing is my biggest expense. It is more or less the amount of my dream guitar. I have to give away twice because I made a miscomputation. I just got the receipt a while ago.

    Why did I give? Well, it's something I'd wanted to do for a long time but could not do so. I know it's time that I should do so. Some friends of mine do tithe and their blessings arrive instantly. As in my friend's mother coincidentally gave him a huge lump of money as gift a few days after he tithed. I don't believe in prosperity gospel but I somewhat believed that I might experience the same thing.

    Do I personally expect something in return? I hope I do so. It's a huge pain for me. But I do wonder if God had already put the blessing before I had the opportunity give.

    Nevertheless, the amount made me realize that I put too little in investing. It's true that markets today are very volatile. Maybe it's an opportunity for me to buy.

    Here's another angle towards tithing. What do you think?

    http://churchtithesandofferings.com/

    Tithing is an act of faith. It is the evidence of things NOT seen. That is how the bible defined it. Yet God does fulfill His pormises 100% of the time the same way all prophesies will happen 100%. That is one fantastic probability ratio! Here's a snippet of my story w/ tithing...

    When I was still in the "rat race: working for a major organization w/ total compensation of around $100,000/year, I was introduced to tithing and yet I cannot conceivably figure how that can be accomplished since it is based on GROSS PAY. In my case, that is about $10,000/year or $833/month. And that is way in the past when the dollar was worth a lot more.

    You might think that I should have no problem paying that but with high pay comes high taxes, high lines of credit and credit rating which means I get to buy expensive homes, cars (I had 5 at one time), nice long vacations, club memberships, etc. I was also into playing the casinos besides playing the markets. Some people think this is the life but I had so much debt and much of excess money going into casinos and other luxuries, I actually do not have the peace of mind that people think I have. With rising assets also mean rising anxiety in how to protect them so I also spend money on home surveillance and alarms and various risk management programs which are expensive. Anyway, to cut it short. I do not have the money to pay the tithe and prayed to God for help. I actually started taking out cash advances on my credit cards to pay the tithe!

    Yet God in His unfinite wisdom know what is needed. I began having problems at work, started losing money on my side businesses and my investments. I had a major antagonist in my department who happens to have the capability to fire me! I was, however, so resourceful that I won all attempts to discredit me and get me fired but the pressure was enormous that my health was also being affected. I prayed some more. I decided to quit my job, sell all real estate except a small one that I can live in and pay all debts. I do not fully recognize God's hand in this yet. What was I going to do? I decide to just trade for myself. It was a risk. It was also a social downgrade for me. Yet, living humbly w/out the pressures of living high was actually very beneficial for me. It calmed me down. I no longer have to compete for better cars, bigger homes, bigger compensation packages, ***-kissing, political in-fighting. I stopped going to casinos and concentrate on my new venture. My trading which started kinda rocky, begun to improve. Years later, I have a trading business that I control. A business I can take with me anywhere in the world. I had minimal debt (and can pay for easily at will) as required as part of doing business. And I have more time for things and people I really care about. Yet my lifestyle is far removed from what it was! To my old friends, I failed. ha-ha Yet my networth is much bigger (it just doesn't show) and with hardly no debts and rising asset and income base year after year, I feel FREE.

    Did tithing work? You tell me. God will work His wisdom for our betterment if we allow Him. It may not be exactly what we envision. In fact, it will test us even more as you try to follow God's will. That is why faith and continuous study of God's truth, His way of life, His mindset, His plan for us and mankind is needed. Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Faith requires that we trust Him even if it doesn't feel like we are winning (in worldly ways). God knows us BETTER than oursleves. :)
  • MilliardoMilliardo Team Valor ✭✭✭
    Tithing only works for the one you give your tithe to; try to look at them televangelists and you tell me who gets richer. :bop:
  • yeeeyeee Member PExer
    they believe the same concept perhaps thats why returns are huge and they never ran out.

    some people call it tithing but its the same thing man.
    KuyaDanny wrote: »
    Were Buffett and Gates philanthropic before or after they got rich? I think it's easier to give away millions when you already have millions to give away.
  • SamLowrySamLowry James Randian PExer
    apparently, Not tithing also works. How about looking at the Japanese, Middle easterns, Europeans (who are mostly secular).

    How about a little rationality, guys? Give to charity, not to churches who use it to build more lavish buildings and pay-off child molestation victims.

    tithing and charitable work is not always the same thing. I'm sure your god/gods would equally appreciate direct charitable donations. Dun na lang sa mas sure mapupunta sa kapwa.
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    We are to live by every word of God (Luke 4:4). Obviously, not every "christian" church is the church Jesus founded. We will find God if we diligently seek Him. Jesus did warn about the false churches and prophets coming in the end times to deceive even the "elect". Church is a word translated from ekklesia meaning the "called out ones". No one joins God's church. He calls them into it.

    Until you are sure in your heart that you have found that church, set aside that tithe that God commands us to observe cheerfully and put it in a separate acccount. A tithe is not something we give to God, He gives us 90% as everything was created by Him and everything belongs to Him. Until that tithe is paid, you are robbing God Himself and you are not entitled to anything.

    Do not take it from me or anybody. Study the bible yourself and find out. When was the last time you diligently studied God's word on matters about health, finance, economics, healing, salvation, war, taxes, sin, etc.? Christianity is a way of life. It is not something you do on a weekend or on so called religious "holidays" or when disaster strikes. Paying the tithe is the only 100% protection you can have on your finances.

    For those who are option traders, look at a tithe as a perpetual put option on your financial decisions. Every seasoned trader knows that a stop loss cannot fully protect you (because of opening gap-ups or gap-downs) or climactic moves after a stock is halted because of unanticipated news. Only a long put can do that. Yet even those derivative instruments have expiration dates. Observing and cheerfully paying the tithe is the only 100% guarantee you can have. It is a challenge from God to prove to ourselves that it works.:)
  • SamLowrySamLowry James Randian PExer
    ready2go wrote: »
    I would like to believe that it does. But in general, tithing or should I say - CHARITY should be always be a part of a business. Not only to attract good karma, but also to foster loyalty from customers.

    In a study held in the US, it was found out the people tend to support businesses that they know are doing charity. Click the link below to read about this:

    Charity Makes Good Business Sense

    Charity has rational, non-supernatural benefits. Makes you happy that you helped others, Better reputation (addressed by the post above mine) and in the end, making the world around you a bit better.
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    There are so many risks in this short life of us and we cannot possibly protect or hedge all of it. You can lose your job, you can be disabled by unforseen accidents, you can get sick from unexpected sources, you can lose your hard-earned savings on an unanticipated financial event whether caused by the markets or somebody's mismanagement, your wife/husband can leave you, your kids can rebel, your business partner can cheat you, a rival company can sabotage your business, a natural disaster like an earthquake or major hurricane or flash flood or other natural disaster can wipe you out if not kill you, etc. Can we possibly protect ourselves from any of this? Can we guarantee that we will have food to eat, water to drink, clothes to cover our backs, air to breathe, roof over our head???... simple basic things that some people take for granted until they live without it.

    You cannot get real peace of mind except the one the comes from God. It is genuine peace of mind borne out from faith. God's promises are real because He is real.

    "Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you." Proverbs 1:24-27
  • SamLowrySamLowry James Randian PExer
    There are so many risks in this short life of us and we cannot possibly protect or hedge all of it. You can lose your job, you can be disabled by unforseen accidents, you can get sick from unexpected sources, you can lose your hard-earned savings on an unanticipated financial event whether caused by the markets or somebody's mismanagement, your wife/husband can leave you, your kids can rebel, your business partner can cheat you, a rival company can sabotage your business, a natural disaster like an earthquake or major hurricane or flash flood or other natural disaster can wipe you out if not kill you, etc. Can we possibly protect ourselves from any of this? Can we guarantee that we will have food to eat, water to drink, clothes to cover our backs, air to breathe, roof over our head???... simple basic things that some people take for granted until they live without it.

    You cannot get real peace of mind except the one the comes from God. It is genuine peace of mind borne out from faith. God's promises are real because He is real.

    "Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you." Proverbs 1:24-27


    So are christians, particularly your brand of christianity, better off than non-christians because God, with their faith, gives them "divine insurance"? Do you have the numbers for that? And yes, I know that christians go through "trials" too.... but in the end, there should be a noticeable and empirical, testable advantage (economically and maybe health-wise) for being a christian right?

    Or are you just making a conjecture hoping that no one calls you on it?
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    SamLowry wrote: »
    So are christians, particularly your brand of christianity, better off than non-christians because God, with their faith, gives them "divine insurance"? Do you have the numbers for that? And yes, I know that christians go through "trials" too.... but in the end, there should be a noticeable and empirical, testable advantage (economically and maybe health-wise) for being a christian right?

    Or are you just making a conjecture hoping that no one calls you on it?

    Peace, brother. The subject is tithing. It is a Chrisitian principle practiced by Abraham all the way to Jesus Christ who founded the Christian Church. Tithing is not about giving to the poor or a charitable organization. We are free, of course, to do that. But that is in addition to the tithe and not a substitute for it. God created eveything including human beings given the human spirit to reason out about things around them. But without God's spirit given at baptism, humans will have a hard time understanding things about God. Eventually the whole world will know and learn including those who are now Buddhists, Muslims, and other mainstream "christians" who are are as blinded as those who have never heard the name of Jesus Christ.

    God is not calling the great (like billionaire businessmen) or the mighty (like powerful politicians). He is only calling those who are humble enough to listen and understand God's truth. This you can find in 1Cor 1:26-29. I will not quote anymore as I do not want or wish to offend you.

    God's truth is real with choices of blessings or curses... of life or death. These laws are valid and applies to everyone even if they don't believe. Will the law of gravity not apply to you if you decide to jump off a building because you do not believe the law exist?

    You will learn sooner or later. In this life or in the third resurrection. All will have a first chance to know the truth. I do not know what your belief is but the Christian God is a God of love. A merciful God who will not condemn those people like Buddhist or Muslim because they are ignorant of it. There are traditional thoughts about God that people were born into and accepted wholeheartedly without question. Then there is God's truth preserved through the ages in the bible. The Church Jesus founded will NEVER be destroyed. It is alive and well today doing God's work. It is called "a little flock" in the bible.

    Someday, you will also learn of it. I apologize if I offended you in anyway. That is certainly not the intention. And the message is given w/ love. :)
  • SamLowrySamLowry James Randian PExer
    Peace, brother. The subject is tithing. It is a Chrisitian principle practiced by Abraham all the way to Jesus Christ who founded the Christian Church. Tithing is not about giving to the poor or a charitable organization. We are free, of course, to do that. But that is in addition to the tithe and not a substitute for it. God created eveything including human beings given the human spirit to reason out about things around them. But without God's spirit given at baptism, humans will have a hard time understanding things about God. Eventually the whole world will know and learn including those who are now Buddhists, Muslims, and other mainstream "christians" who are are as blinded as those who have never heard the name of Jesus Christ.

    God is not calling the great (like billionaire businessmen) or the mighty (like powerful politicians). He is only calling those who are humble enough to listen and understand God's truth. This you can find in 1Cor 1:26-29. I will not quote anymore as I do not want or wish to offend you.

    God's truth is real with choices of blessings or curses... of life or death. These laws are valid and applies to everyone even if they don't believe. Will the law of gravity not apply to you if you decide to jump off a building because you do not believe the law exist?

    You will learn sooner or later. In this life or in the third resurrection. All will have a first chance to know the truth. I do not know what your belief is but the Christian God is a God of love. A merciful God who will not condemn those people like Buddhist or Muslim because they are ignorant of it. There are traditional thoughts about God that people were born into and accepted wholeheartedly without question. Then there is God's truth preserved through the ages in the bible. The Church Jesus founded will NEVER be destroyed. It is alive and well today doing God's work. It is called "a little flock" in the bible.

    Someday, you will also learn of it. I apologize if I offended you in anyway. That is certainly not the intention. And the message is given w/ love. :)

    Oh, so you meant tithing works in the afterlife? sorry I misunderstood....

    kala ko kasi you are telling us that tithing produces results in this world.

    Don't worry, bro... my posts also came from a good place with love. Just helping out fellow pinoys weed out Bullsh1t.
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    Tithing is a matter of faith. You will NEVER learn or increase your faith to trust God in everything unless you follow and obey Him including the least of His commandments. Stealing from God, however, is NOT a small offense...

    New Testament Instructions on Tithing

    In the New Testament, God inspired the Apostle Paul to show that the law of tithing is now altered or changed so that the tithes are once again to be paid to God’s spiritual priesthood—as that of Melchizedek to whom Abraham paid tithes. This account is found in the seventh chapter of Hebrews.

    Paul describes how Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek (v. 2). Next, he describes how great Melchizedek’s priesthood must have been (vv. 3–4). Then Paul shows that the Levites themselves—through their ancestor Abraham—paid tithes to Melchizedek, obviously a greater priest in view of this fact (vv. 9–10).

    In verses 11–12, Paul shows that the Levitical priesthood was only temporary and never brought to perfection. Therefore, once again the spiritual priesthood of Melchizedek has been reinstituted through Christ and the tithing law is again changed so that God’s tithes revert as before to the spiritual priests—the true ministers of Jesus Christ.

    The Apostle Paul was writing to Jewish Christians who understood at least the letter of God’s Law and had no “argument” about the fact of the tithing law. While his main emphasis is the greatness of Christ’s spiritual ministry, nevertheless it is important to realize that throughout the above New Testament passage Paul definitely speaks of tithing as a law! And he shows that it is a law, which has existed since antiquity, from the days of Melchizedek—and still exists—although now changed so that the tithes revert once again to God’s spiritual ministers who are doing His work today!

    So anyone who fails to tithe is breaking an important law of the Creator God! This is one reason for so many personal and financial curses on our land today!

    Jesus Christ Personally Taught Tithing

    As the God of the Old Testament, Jesus Christ taught tithing. Remember, Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament. As the Apostle Paul explained to the Corinthian brethren: “Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ” (1 Corinthians 10:1–4). Later in this same chapter—talking about this same time period—Paul wrote: “Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted and were destroyed by serpents” (v. 9). So it was Christ they were dealing with back in the Old Testament! Most theologians realize this because there are so many references to it. But most “play it down” because of the implication that it was Christ who spoke the Ten Commandments and gave other laws which “modern churchianity” chooses not to obey!

    Yes, Christ was the “Word”—the divine “Spokesman” for the Father from the beginning (John 1:1–10). So the “Word”—who later became Christ—is the One who guided and blessed Abraham in tithing to God. And Christ is “the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). Therefore, we must not negate or minimize this fundamental example of tithing set by the very “father” of God’s faithful!

    In the New Testament, did Jesus Christ abolish this practice? No! He followed it, as did His Apostles! Although some of the New Testament books were written even after the Temple was destroyed in 70ad, we find no scriptural command to stop tithing, and no indication that the Apostles and the Apostolic Church ceased to tithe!

    As we have seen, Jesus Christ is the “Word” of God—the One who inspired the Old Testament. As the Word of God, He gave the laws listed in the Old Testament, then He spiritually magnified and explained them in the New Testament.

    Still, some will insist: “We want you to show us any direct statements by Christ which prove that He approved the tithing law.” All right, you shall have them! But will you then believe? Will you then obey Him?

    In speaking to the scribes and Pharisees, who often made a self-righteous display of strictly keeping some of the smaller points of God’s Law, Jesus said: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done [these weightier matters], without leaving the others [carefully tithing] undone” (Matthew 23:23).

    Is that clear enough? Jesus said that spiritual qualities such as mercy and faith ought to be put ahead of carefully and strictly paying tithes on every little plant that might grow in your garden—especially when that strictness leads to self-righteousness. But Christ said “not to leave the other undone”—not to fail to pay your full tithes as God has commanded!

    In Luke 11:42, this same command is repeated in a similar manner—inspired to be placed here also by God’s Holy Spirit!

    Man would like to regard God’s tithing law as of least importance. But speaking of even the smaller points of God’s Law, Jesus stated: “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19).

    How plain! If we are looking for an argument, we will always find one. But if we are willing to “hunger and thirst” for righteousness, to obey even the smaller points of God’s Law, we will be blessed for so doing.
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    Robbing God have serious consequences. It can bring even nations down...

    ... it was not long after Nehemiah’s reforms that most of the Jews once again became very lax in keeping God’s laws and statutes. Breaking God’s tithing law was a particular problem, as clearly revealed by the prophet Malachi in the book that bears his name—written in the late 400s bc.

    Speaking through this prophet, the Almighty asked: “Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation” (3:8–9). And for this same reason, our people today—just like the ancient Jews—are under a divine curse!

    Many fail to realize that all of mankind’s woes—his headaches and heartaches, his problems of crime and violence, drug abuse and disease—are the direct result of breaking the laws of Almighty God. And one of the most frequently broken of these laws is God’s command to tithe faithfully. When human beings disobey their Creator by ignoring this law, they bring upon themselves a divine curse!

    Consider what is happening today in the United States and the British-descended nations. There are many reasons for their soaring national and personal debts, chief among them being gross financial mismanagement and neglecting to “render… to God the things that are God’s” (Mark 12:17)!

    America has in recent years gone from being the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation. Bankruptcies by the millions have been filed in their courts. Remember that, according to the Word of God, nations that do not tithe are under a curse. Could it be, then, that the aforementioned economic problems are the direct result of that curse—brought upon themselves—for failing to obey Almighty God?

    Malachi 3 does not say that failing to pay tithes is robbing the priests. Rather, it plainly states that such behavior is, in fact, robbing God! And that, in the eyes of the Almighty, is very serious business!
  • knightraderknightrader Member PExer
    A Promise of Blessing...

    The Creator God speaks to all those who come to know about His law of tithing: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now in this,’ says the Lord of hosts, ‘if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it’” (v. 10)!

    This is quite a challenge that Almighty God gives to every person who knows about Him and His law of tithing. He says to “prove” Him—that is, test Him, try Him out—and you will see! These verses are nothing less than a solemn promise from our Creator to bless those who faithfully tithe—those who make God their financial Partner! But this does not say that God will make tithe-payers rich!

    God did greatly bless Abraham with material wealth (Genesis 13:2). And we know that Abraham tithed. God also blessed Jacob shortly after he vowed to tithe to Him (30:43). God most definitely wants His people to “prosper… and be in health” (3 John 2). But He also realizes it is not good for everyone to be rich (1 Timothy 6:9–10, 17–19)! Some people simply cannot handle riches. And in the New Testament age when God is now calling people to spiritual conversion, God’s blessings will be predominately spiritual—more of God’s spiritual strength, wisdom and love—and eternal life in God’s Kingdom (see 2 Peter 1:5–11).

    But if we faithfully tithe, God promises to “rebuke the devourer [of the land, i.e. insect plagues] for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field… and all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a delightful land” (Malachi 3:11–12).

    In the book of Proverbs, God reinforces His promise: “Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine” (3:9–10).

    God Almighty has all power. He can and will bless any person or nation that obeys Him—keeping His solemn promise to bless those who faithfully pay Him the tithe that is rightfully His. Remember, “God… cannot lie” (Titus 1:2). And “the Scripture cannot be broken” (John 10:35)!

    If a nation will faithfully pay tithes to God Almighty, He has promised to bless that entire nation. But even if the nation as a whole will not tithe, then, on principle, God is still duty-bound by His Word to bless every individual who faithfully tithes!

    To most people, it seems illogical that parting with a portion of “our” money will make us far better off financially than if we held onto it. Yet that’s what God says! Moreover, He tells us: “There is one who scatters, yet increases more; and there is one who withholds more than is right, but it leads to poverty” (Proverbs 11:24). This is a living law. Believe your Bible! God’s way is real. It works! And it was made for you!
«1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file