Home PEx Campus Colegio de San Juan de Letran
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Si Dr. Jose Rizal Kick Out ng Letran??

Si Dr. Jose Rizal Kick Out ng Letran?? Totoo ba? :naughty:

Comments

• onthebluecorneronthebluecorner PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^Nope...he studied in Letran for a few weeks then he transferred to Ateneo...the friar preachers didn't want hm in Letran for many vague reasons.hehehe
  • ^ He was asked to leave, because of his liberal/radical thinking.

but he later studied at UST, a dominican school.
  • not actually kicked out, pero parang ganun ang labas.

he was not compliant with the Colegio's policies then. Racist kasi yung mga elitistas then that they actually put into consideration their physical structure and condition as a form of requirement for admission and retention at the school.

Rizal was asked to leave for being not tall enough, even if he got the brains and balls. He then opted to go to The Ateneo de Manila University. He came back to the arms of another academic institution under the administration of the Dominican Order, the Royal and Pontifical University of Santo Tomas.

yun..
  • Yeah right, he was asked to leave?
    In other words he got kicked out.
    How come they didn't ask the other revolutionaries (Emilio Aguinaldo, Apolinario Mabini, Marcelo del Pilar and Emilio Jacinto) to leave if they didn't want radical thinkers in Letran?

Maybe Rizal wasn't a juggernaut after all.
  • not actually kicked out, pero parang ganun ang labas.

he was not compliant with the Colegio's policies then. Racist kasi yung mga elitistas then that they actually put into consideration their physical structure and condition as a form of requirement for admission and retention at the school.

Rizal was asked to leave for being not tall enough, even if he got the brains and balls. He then opted to go to The Ateneo de Manila University. He came back to the arms of another academic institution under the administration of the Dominican Order, the Royal and Pontifical University of Santo Tomas.

yun..

I like that!:D
  • maybe your right:glee:

and in fairness naman kay Rizal, ayaw naman talaga nya mag-aral dun coz he really hated dominicans due to their attitude towards the Filipino students.

pinapaganda lang naman yung term na kicked out e...

Emilio Aguinaldo was really kicked out. i dunno if it was due to academic problems.

others were not really as radical as Rizal. they were good students who complied with the "standards" of the Colegio. sabihin na lang natin na late bloomers sila.:glee:

and in fairness naman kay Rizal, ayaw naman talaga nya mag-aral dun coz he really hated dominicans due to their attitude towards the Filipino students.

Emilio Aguinaldo was really kicked out. i dunno if it was due to academic problems.

others were not really as radical as Rizal. they were good students who complied with the "standards" of the Colegio. sabihin na lang natin na late bloomers sila.:glee:

He hated Dominicans kaya pala lumipat sya sa Uste, hahaha. :rotflmao:

Sorry sa mga hirit ko ha. I love Rizal but I love Letran more.

Tigas talaga ang Letran eh, hehehe
  • "...Dr. Jose Rizal studied 3 months in Letran? He was asked to leave because the Dominicans complained he was asking too many damn fool questions(?????). He was transferred to Ateneo, where he took up his high school and Liberal Arts education, and was so badly educated (notwithstanding subsequent tutoring in Sto. Tomas) (????)that he had to be shot in December 1896. The Dominicans from Letran knew from the very start that this upstart Rizal would come to a bad end."

SOURCE: (May, 2000 from articles written in 1987 for the Philippine Daily Inquirer) :glee: :rotflmao:

KAYA PALA GANITO NA LANG KASAMA ANG LOOB NI PROFESSIONAL HECKLER SA PhilDailyInq!!! They have always provided the wrong info and had always immersed themselves sa mga showbiz approach.. too bad maraming mga bulag nagtitiwala sa kanila!
  • @ el panadero

e sa disente daw ang medicine dun e.. heheheh. :glee:

tsaka patuloy pa rin naman sya sa pang-aasar ng mga prayleng dominikano. siguro naisip nya bakit sya ang maiinis sa mga prayle kung kaya nya naman pikunin ang mga prayle by just being in their sight! :rotflmao:
  • @ el panadero

e sa disente daw ang medicine dun e.. heheheh. :glee:

tsaka patuloy pa rin naman sya sa pang-aasar ng mga prayleng dominikano. siguro naisip nya bakit sya ang maiinis sa mga prayle kung kaya nya naman pikunin ang mga prayle by just being in their sight! :rotflmao:

at least may natutunan pala sya sa Letran - ang mangasar! *okay* hahaha...
  • ...."I asked my grandfather (gandang reliable source mo, di ka man lang nagcheck sa libro or sa libraries) why so many of our heroes were educated by Dominicans, and he answered, “It is because all of us under the Dominicans hated them so much that we swore we would dedicate our lives to driving them out of our country! Most of us lost our faith too, having been initiated into the fellowship of Free Masons.”

- as always, PDI. :glee:
  • ^so what are you implying?

If you don't find the article helpful and this article of PDI a sham, so be it. I'm not forcing it to anyone or for that matter to you.

Parang masyadong big deal sayo.
  • its not that.

sabit naman kasi yung facts nung article e.

yun lang.
  • ^meron pang ibang istorya na si rizal had taken examinations but change his mind at the last minute.

tapos mron rin na elitista yung letran nuon at may racial discrimination.

marami rin kasing different stories.
  • ^^ i remember our discussions with my former professor fr. rhommel hernandez OP; "he used to tell us how pepe adheresely admire the infamous uniform of the letranites; it is a dream of him and every young illustrado to enter and study in our beloved colegio"

another story was that "senor jose" was so pissed with the dominicans for acquiring a piece of their land in laguna; after he learned that pepe was enrolled in our colegio, he immediately ask pepe's former school master to help him transfer in the nearby school which is the "ateneo municipal"

another version of it was that the "MERCADOS" were considered enemy by the dominicans, because of their opposition regarding the control of these friars in the "tobacco monopoly" in binan.
    knowing the dominicans; considered to be the most influential order at that time. learned that a young "mercado" was enrolled in letran. so to make the story short, his brother paciano decided to change his name into RIZAL and transferring him at the ateneo...
  • ^ ahh.. pag si Fr. Rhommel na nagsabi, di na ako aangal.. known historian/contributor na rin sya kung tutuusin.

@ KnightofLetran, totoong maraming anggulo. at sa tagal na din ng panahon, may mga propaganda stories na rin na nadevelop, at nagsanga-sanga na din ang mga kwento. like the stories provided by by Fr. rhommel through andyknight.

isa pa, Letran's students are known to their discriminative attitude. even after Rizal's time. kaya pag grumaduate ang isang pinoy dun, that is really something. imagine surviving the hardships of being different, both in status and in color.

Sir, kasali po sa listahan ng notable alumni si Emilio Aguinaldo so hindi po sya na kick out ng Letran, tama po ba?
    :confused:
  • ang alam ko po kasi, si Emilio Aguinaldo po ay sinipa ng Letran.. isa din po yan sa mga di ko masyado na-confirm na mga impormasyon...