Home PEx Campus Mapua Institute of Technology

LEVEL III na tayu CONGRATS

PACUCOA Grants New Accreditations, IE, CE-EnSE and EEC Now Level 3 Accredited

The Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) granted Mapúa Institute of Technology Level III Accreditation status for six engineering programs last January 29-31.

The PACUCOA Board of Directors, headed by Dr. Rosita Navarro, granted the Level III Accreditation for Industrial Engineering (IE), Civil Engineering (CE), Environmental and Sanitary Engineering (EnSE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), and Computer Engineering (CoE) based from the following criteria: a reasonably high standard of instruction; a creditable performance of graduates in the licensure examination in the last three years; a highly visible community outreach program; and an extensive and functional library and other learning resource facilities. Joining Navarro were Engr. Renato Tandoc, Dr. Vincent Sales, Dr. Loida Sta. Maria and Dr. Linda Mondoñedo.

In an interview with The New Builder, Engr. Navalta expressed his gratitude at PACUCOA’s decision. “I am really overwhelmed by the thought that Mapúa is the first engineering school granted with the highest level of accreditation,” said Navalta.

The Mapúa Information Technology Center (MITC) will also be applying for Level II re-accreditation for Information Technology (IT) and Computer Science (CS), and programs from the School of Graduate Studies namely MS Computer Science (MSCS) and MS Environmental Engineering (MSEnvi). On the other hand, Architecture (AR) and Material Science Engineering (MSE) have already undergone consultancy visits and will be due for candidate status this April. The School of Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Chemical Engineering (CHE) will also apply for Level III re-accreditation this coming April.

Courtesy of The New Builder

http://www.mapua.edu.ph/news/?newsid=333

Comments

• ei pasensya pala dito sa post na to napost na rin pala to sa kabila pero for the sake na makita at maging topic ito
    for formality na rin po para dito mapagusapan ok

intindihin na lang po hehe
  • ^ Mas maganda nga eh. *okay*

Anyway, Mapua can look forward to ABET accreditation as well. As far as I know, ECE (or CE?) ang naunang mag-apply for that accreditation.
  • i am really looking forward on ABET accreditation. *okay*
  • tophe_17 wrote: »
    ^ Mas maganda nga eh. *okay*

Anyway, Mapua can look forward to ABET accreditation as well. As far as I know, ECE (or CE?) ang naunang mag-apply for that accreditation.

Could be Civil Engineering. ECE is being recognized pa lang, hindi ba? In Massachusetts Institute of Technology, i believe they don't offer ECE pa. (correct me if i'm wrong). Pero ECE has a strong influence, especially to those who are aspiring to be an engineer, the high school students. I am hoping for an accreditation in all engineering courses.
  • congrats sa inyo... sana mag-apply din kayo for COD/COE...
  • krams wrote: »

In an interview with The New Builder, Engr. Navalta expressed his gratitude at PACUCOA’s decision. “I am really overwhelmed by the thought that Mapúa is the first engineering school granted with the highest level of accreditation,” said Navalta.

I just love reading this line. :)

Viva!
  • Good Job MAPUA! :bounce: Congrats! Keep the great traditions alive!
  • blue_tracerblue_tracer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    this is good news. congrats to mapua tech.
  • huwaw!! level III na!!

magiging super engineer nako!!

:grrr:grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!:grrr:
  • Nasaan na ang mga rats? :glee:

Bakit doon lang sila "nandadaga"? :p
  • In what way can this Accreditation help the alumni and students alike?

Will it help bring down the tuition fee?

Will it save the name "Mapua" from any form of 'rebranding'?

:hmm:
  • Clarkent wrote: »
    In what way can this Accreditation help the alumni and students alike?

On the first question, yes it will, but indirectly though. Having been accredited may help boost the Institute's target of being ABET-accredited. And we all know what an ABET accreditation brings -- jobs in the United States.

On the second question, I don't think it won't help bring down the tuition fee... unfortunately, it's otherwise. :( They can use it for commercial purposes. Well, the accreditation is not made to bring tuition fees of schools down. It's more focused on the quality of instruction of the school being screened.

On the third question, no. The accreditation definitely has nothing to do with the name-change issue. It's the prerogative of the owners if they want to change the name of their company regardless of whatever circumstances it went through.

:)
  • Congrats! =]
  • Clarkent wrote: »
    In what way can this Accreditation help the alumni and students alike?

tophe_17 wrote: »
    On the first question, yes it will, but indirectly though. Having been accredited may help boost the Institute's target of being ABET-accredited. And we all know what an ABET accreditation brings -- jobs in the United States.

On the second question, I don't think it won't help bring down the tuition fee... unfortunately, it's otherwise. :( They can use it for commercial purposes. Well, the accreditation is not made to bring tuition fees of schools down. It's more focused on the quality of instruction of the school being screened.

On the third question, no. The accreditation definitely has nothing to do with the name-change issue. It's the prerogative of the owners if they want to change the name of their company regardless of whatever circumstances it went through.

:)

It's not really a question.. ;)

Sarcasm lang. :naughty:
  • ^ Treat it as an enlightenment na rin to those who might have misinterpreted it (as seriously asked)...

... like me. :glee:
  • ow yeah! :bop:

kasama COE *peace*
  • As far as I know, meron ako kilala na nasa US na graduate ng Mechanical Engineering. Ka-batch ko din sya (batch 2000 kami pero class of 2006 sya, ako kasi class 2005 graduate) sa Mapua at nagtake sya ng Fundamentals of Engineering Exam sa US...

ABET Accredited daw ang Mapua sabi nya sken kaya nakapagtake sya ng Exam... Maning-mani nga daw ang exam pang freshman sabi nya sken... Kaya magttry ako magtake next year April 2009...
  • ^ That's nice to hear.

Kaya lang bakit parang "tahimik" yung school regarding this accreditation?
  • Hindi ko alam, pero bakit pinapayagan magtake ng FE Exam ang Mapuans sa US db? Una kasi ipapaevaluate mo muna yung credentials mo then dun ka lang nila sasabihan kung qualified mga subj na kinuha mo sa College. Meron ako kilala na Class '98 graduate ng EE sabi sa kanya kelangan pa nya magtake ng ilang units. Yung kilala ko na nagtake ng FE Exam dito sa Forida ME sya batch 2000 pinayagan sya. Siguro kasi bago na curriculum simula nung binenta kay Yuchengco ang Mapua. Meron din kasi ako naresearch na graduate ng Pinas kelangan pa mgtake ng Statistic na subj... Kaya siguro depende sa batch yun...

Alam ko kasi nag-apply ng accreditation for ABET ang Mapua simula nung si Yuchengco na namamahala.