Parents grumble over Estrada as graduation speaker

Look at this very shameful news. Erap was invited as speaker in the graduation ceremonies of a university in Iloilo. Most parents were not happy having Estrada as the guest speaker during one of the supposedly happiest moments of the lives of the newly grads. Many parents expressed their dismay, some did not even get inside the venue to witness how a corrupt man, a convict, claims to be clean and throws negative remarks against the administration. Well, the university is owned by the Lopezes who happens to be a close family contact of the Estradas. How unfortunate to have Erap as the "honorable" speaker.

Comments

• AlanNathanielAlanNathaniel Member PExer
    You are right. Erap can not be the guest speaker unless he speaks with AiAi de las Alas! ... or the graduates are going to ask for his autograph!
    :love: :lol: :) :naughty:
    hopey wrote: »
    Look at this very shameful news. Erap was invited as speaker in the graduation ceremonies of a university in Iloilo. Most parents were not happy having Estrada as the guest speaker during one of the supposedly happiest moments of the lives of the newly grads. Many parents expressed their dismay, some did not even get inside the venue to witness how a corrupt man, a convict, claims to be clean and throws negative remarks against the administration. Well, the university is owned by the Lopezes who happens to be a close family contact of the Estradas. How unfortunate to have Erap as the "honorable" speaker.
  • prince nicoprince nico Member PExer
    The university is owned by the Lopezes of the abscbn.....That's how serious are the Lopezes to reconcile and make amends with erap...You don't wonder why they can never be objective in their news reporting.....
  • teetotalerteetotaler Member PExer
    Parents would really be disappointed that a once convicted person is the guest speaker in their children's graduation. I wonder what kind of inspiration they could get from such guest speaker.

I am simply thankful that when I graduated, our guest speaker then was not a politician. At least, the inspiration is not just apparent but real. I don't really care if the guest speaker is popular enough to attract people as long the guest speaker could be a good example for the youth. I'm afraid Erap could not give them the inspiration they need.
  • nastransnastrans pinoybasebol.wordpress.co m PExer
    That was my concern during our graduation, that some politician would take the thunder off the students. Good thing it was bank executive and a stakeholder who was the commencement speaker. Sure, he spoke something in relation with the NBN issue but it didn't overshadow the duration of his message.
  • El_KapitanEl_Kapitan French Erotic Captain PExer
    We never had a guest speaker. Our graduation is boring.

Well, Christopher De Leon was there (me classmate's dad, nya-nya) and my mom was like "omg christopher de leon!"
  • buti naman maraming nag-boycott
    Who was the guest speaker at your graduation?
    :lol: :bashful: :naughty:
    teetotaler wrote: »
    Parents would really be disappointed that a once convicted person is the guest speaker in their children's graduation. I wonder what kind of inspiration they could get from such guest speaker.

I am simply thankful that when I graduated, our guest speaker then was not a politician. At least, the inspiration is not just apparent but real. I don't really care if the guest speaker is popular enough to attract people as long the guest speaker could be a good example for the youth. I'm afraid Erap could not give them the inspiration they need.
    What was his message?
    :) :D :naughty:
    nastrans wrote: »
    That was my concern during our graduation, that some politician would take the thunder off the students. Good thing it was bank executive and a stakeholder who was the commencement speaker. Sure, he spoke something in relation with the NBN issue but it didn't overshadow the duration of his message.
  • nastransnastrans pinoybasebol.wordpress.co m PExer
    Simpleng truth and accountability as usual for about three seconds simpleng words lang na yun pero basically wala siyang sinabi na GMA resign o mismong tungkol sa ZTE, bottomline nagfocus siya sa anu mga susunod sa college life.

At least it wasn't a politician or kidnapped witnesses na instant celebrity. :D
    But did you think he was qualified to talk about what follows after college life, like more seminars, more meetings, possibly another college degree/s?
    :lol: :D :naughty:
    nastrans wrote: »
    Simpleng truth and accountability as usual for about three seconds simpleng words lang na yun pero basically wala siyang sinabi na GMA resign o mismong tungkol sa ZTE, bottomline nagfocus siya sa anu mga susunod sa college life.

At least it wasn't a politician or kidnapped witnesses na instant celebrity. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file